[Drama 2010 ] Road Number One 로드 넘버원

Woundedheart

I so agree this drama has got better, I'm even watching the raws and I hardly ever watch raws. If I could change anything about this drama though it would have been:

The little sister being killed by the grenade explosion. I'm still shaking my head over that. I want the "little miss" back!!

As for some people being critical of the romance... I just don't understand their critical comments! You can't judge all romances in dramas outside the drama's situations. This romance is about a love that gives you a reason to survive in hellish conditions, a love that is reason to wake up and to put one foot in front of the other. I think the writers have portrayed such a love brilliantly.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone ^^

am bhihd u ... wanna my time to watch this drama :) ....i think will cry for sure :tears:

official pic 2010 08 13 :)

roadno1photo10081311033.jpg

roadno1photo10081310542.jpg

roadno1_photo100813105428imbcdrama0.jpg

roadno1_photo100813111051imbcdrama0.jpg

roadno1_photo100813111609imbcdrama0.jpg

always thankful for all dl link , picture , article , comment and spoiler ...

Road No.1 fans Fighting !!

Guest charlesriver

I so agree this drama has got better, I'm even watching the raws and I hardly ever watch raws. If I could change anything about this drama though it would have been:

The little sister being killed by the grenade explosion. I'm still shaking my head over that. I want the "little miss" back!!

As for some people being critical of the romance... I just don't understand their critical comments! You can't judge all romances in dramas outside the drama's situations. This romance is about a love that gives you a reason to survive in hellish conditions, a love that is reason to wake up and to put one foot in front of the other. I think the writers have portrayed such a love brilliantly.

couldn't agree with you more.

For those only care about who gets the girl in the end, this drama probably isn't for you.

For those only want to watch a war drama, care about who's winning, how real the fighting scenes are,

this drama probably isn't for you.

Episode15&16 are very depressing for me to watch. I may talk more about the role of Chinese involvement in this war at

the end.

In episode16, the scene inside that war torn church represents what this drama is all about, the spirit

of this drama: that humanity can prevail out of all hellish craziness even if just for a short moment.

That is up lifting.....but short lived after watching the preview of next week's episodes!!!

================

Big HUG to coco!

Hi charlesriver ^^

actually I didn’t visit this thread caz I think that’s good if not any spoiler bfor watch them

but can’t help ....capture , press pix , still pic , mv or making

Spoiler everywhere ha ha

All leaders r great acting ... enjoy me

Episode15&16 are very depressing for me to watch. I may talk more about the role of Chinese involvement in this war at

the end.

Why wait until the end? This is a low trafficked enough thread I think we can talk about the history of the war too without offending anyone. And the history of the war isn't off topic.

http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/memoirs/index.htm

http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/memoirs/delong_james/index.htm

I've been reading memoirs (American side) of the war at the above website. I've learned from one of the memoirs that many of the Chinese in the war had fought for Chiang Kai-shek. This would indicate to me that Mao Zedong of China was actually using the war to purge Chinese of questionable loyalty to him. After reading a tidbit of information like that it makes you think of the Chinese involvement in the war a little differantly doesn't it? And it also makes you perhaps understand why the Chinese were so willing to send waves upon waves of their people to their deaths in the manner they did.

And in a few of those memoirs I found some stories like we see in this drama of men getting caught behind enemy lines in the retreat south. One memoir was of a guy describing having made it to the Yalu River with the 1st Cavalry, and seeing 300,000 Chinese coming into Korea like happened in this drama.

Guest charlesriver

Hi charlesriver ^^

actually I didn’t visit this thread caz I think that’s good if not any spoiler bfor watch them

but can’t help ....capture , press pix , still pic , mv or making

Spoiler everywhere ha ha

All leaders r great acting ... enjoy me

coco, don't read the spoilers until after you watch the drama.. sounded like you have not started yet.

otty, I'll write some since you seem interested after I read from the links you shared.

From the news in the region recently, it's apparent to me very little is learned from 60 years

ago.

For start, this news from Chinese chosun not long ago:

http://chinese.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/06/18/20100618000004.html

google translation with some correction by me:

Rarely reported in the media: Stalin, Kim Il Sung, North Korea launch war

Korean Daily News correspondent in Beijing, there sik Choi (2010.06.18 08:19)

China's official media has reported that the Korean War (Korean War or the Korean War, said 6.25) is launched by Stalin and Kim Il Sung, the Korean Peninsula that they want to establish a pro-Soviet regime, a unified Korea hope.

China, "Global Times" in English "Global Times" 17 quoted an expert during the Cold War International History, East China Normal University, Professor Shen Zhihua, then made the above report. Shen Zhihua after the disintegration of the former Soviet Union based on an open secret documents, the reasons for the outbreak of the Korean War years of research.

Shen Zhihua, said in an interview: "Kim Il-sung had been urging Stalin to agree to invade South Korea. Stalin kept rejecting the idea to prevent deterioration of relations with the United States, but Jan. of 1950, Stalin suddenly changed his mind. That year in April, Stalin called Kim Il-sung to Moscow for secret talks, accepted the southward invasion plan. "

Shen Zhihua, said: "During the talks, Kim Il Sung put forward their own views, he said, 'Even if the war broke out, the United States would not intervene. Even if the US would

intervene, it would be too late.' In this regard, Stalin approved, but said if the U.S. intervention, the Soviet Union will not be in war. He shifted the responsibility for

military intervention to the Chinese. "

Shen Zhihua said: "May 13, 1950, Kim Il Sung came to Beijing to brief China on the news of the Soviet Union has agreed to southward invasion and asked China also agreed to the plan. Mao Zedong was Skeptical, reconfirmed Stalin's decision through the Soviet Ambassador, and

decided to once the U.S. involvement, would send Chinese military support to North Korea. "

The reason why Stalin changed his mind on southward invasion, Shen Zhihua said: "In due 1949 republic (China) was established, the Soviet Union had to give up the territory of China Changchun Railway ownership and the 30-year lease of Dalian Port right." Because of this, the Soviet Union wanted to own three ice-free ports located on Korean Peninsula, to establish of pro-Soviet regime at Korean Peninsula could be the stepping stone to control the Far East.

Chinese media says North Korea and the Soviet Union are the cause of the Korean War, an unusual thing. In the past, China's textbooks has not been a clear account of the causes of the Korean War, the Chinese people generally believe that the Korean War launched by the U.S. alliance with South Korea

Chosun Ilbo Chinese net chn.chosun.com

Based on an interview of a Chinese veteran of Korean war, he stated at the beginning when the Korean war broke out, he got order to prepare for the war. I lost the link to this interview...

Also it is well known fact that Mao Zedong's elder son died in Korea during the war.

Guest sonicklism

Really proud of my country...Thailand Fighting !!! Just notice in ep.11 Jang Woo's subordinate checked FLAG in the UN Flag List (tiny book/brochure)...there was Thailand flag on the last page.

Thai Soldier in Korean War

"Battle of Pork Shop Mountain" Thai soldiers could get rid of 300 North Korean and Chiness soldiers while Thai soldiers died only 25. Thai soldiers fought with bravery and were designated as "Little Tiger" by USA. If Thai soldiers couldn't guard this mountain against North Korean army or just retreated, then the UN army would have been attacked from both west and north directions and ended up with lossing Seoul city.

Just want to share real pics of Thai soldiers back then to see their proficiency and sacrifice for South Korea which is not even thier own country.

In pics, pls notice Thai flag / symbol of Thai flag on helmet and shirt / the word "Thai" on car and air plane

thaiflag.jpg

monument%281%29.jpgm91553.jpg

m91560.jpg

KoreanWar001-new.gifKoreanWar004-new.gif

KoreanWar008-new.gifKoreanWar005-new.gif

KoreanWar025-new.gifKoreanWar026-new.gif

KoreanWar033-new.gifKoreanWar014-new.gif

KoreanWar017-new.gifKoreanWar009-new.gif

m91557.jpg

m91559.jpg

[source : http://www.dek-d.com/board/view.php?id=1866621]

coco, don't read the spoilers until after you watch the drama.. sounded like you have not started yet.

Too late … I click show already and i do update from official every morning

… I know what’s going on

sme epi I skip for capture beautiful scene

but am ok my dear caz this drama shown us inside Korean war not type of depend on *top secret*

preview epi 17 --> http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/roadno1/preview/

http://takeswf.imbc.com/wwwflv/Content/20108/road17.flv

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/lashmar.htm

@ charlesriver

The last two paragraphs of the above link are very revealing too... Stalin for nearly two years prevented the war from ending. Russians weren't dying and Stalin liked recovering American aircraft and intelligence, so Stalin prevented the war from ending. Tens of thousands of Koreans and Chinese were killed because Stalin salvaged a couple American airplanes. This is also a bit simple too - I don't think S. Korea's president in 1951 - a very morally corrupt man himself would have allowed it to end in 1951. He hadn't yet secured enough American promises to the region and S. Korea by 1951 for a armistace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/7720461/USSR-planned-nuclear-attack-on-China-in-1969.html

http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=nl_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.submarinebooks.com%2fRedStar.htm

The Korean War actually turned to be a blunder by Russia in the end though. China got screwed over big time, China rightfully didn't trust Russia anymore and developed a nuclear program. China did not want a Soviet umbrella anymore because of the Korean War.

In 1968 Russia may have attempted a black flag op that tried to start a China and USA war. After that didn't work, Russia by 1969 wanted to nuclear bomb China back into the stone age. All because the Korean War set China on the path of self reliance.

Guest charlesriver

@otty

No doubt Chinese/Mao learned a very painful lesson from Korean war and that slimy Stalin,

called there is no free lunch!

At the time, Mao just won the civil war in mainland China and hoped to finished off the Nationalists retreated

to Taiwan. But he could not refuse Stalin cuz he owed the Soviet big favor in helping them winning the civil war

against the very corrupt Nationalists led by Chiang Kai-shek by suppling them weapons after Japanese left at the

end of the second world war. In other words, the Korean war brought on 60 years of relatively peaceful time for

the people in Taiwan.

Archived