[Drama 2010 ] Road Number One 로드 넘버원

Woundedheart

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cakext

omg i've only seen up to ep 13 but those new eps are making me so frkn excited...it's sooooooo sad yet the newly released ep(i think it's ep 18) where sjs touches khn stomach makes me super happy....is she prego again? i relli hope that she is bc that'll probably bring both of them back to normal or at least some of their senses will be restored after all the traumatizing events...i just love this drama to death...

Guest charlesriver

omg i've only seen up to ep 13 but those new eps are making me so frkn excited...it's sooooooo sad yet the newly released ep(i think it's ep 18) where sjs touches khn stomach makes me super happy....is she prego again? i relli hope that she is bc that'll probably bring both of them back to normal or at least some of their senses will be restored after all the traumatizing events...i just love this drama to death...

In preview of ep19, it looks SY

is definitely pregnant, such good news but I got a bad feeling

of what's coming for JW....

What a great guy Tae Ho turned out to be in recent episodes. SJS gave an outstanding

performance as traumatized JW. War continues to show it's ugly face!

BTW, Oh Man Seok's eyes are really big!!!

cakext, are you watching it subbed through Viikii? Me too, I normally do not watch RAW video but I had to for this drama. This drama is insanely better 2/3 of the way (though I was hooked by episode 4). I find myself looking forward to each week for the next R#1 episode even though I know I have to guess what the dialogue is. I have a bad feeling that

she may have to raise the child herself because we learned from episode 1 that Jang Woo died in the war (according to the war memorial). I find it poignant that he will die and even though it kills me inside but if Jang Woo and Soo Yeon end up surviving the war together than I think the scriptwriter is only appeasing the audience with a cheap happy ending.

Charlesriver & Otty, I enjoy reading your posts about Stalin and the Chinese involvement in the Korean War. I'm more familiar with the Vietnam War so it was an eye opener.

****Possible Spoilers******

Episode 18 is my latest favorite episode. I truly believe this may be SJS's best drama [yet] as far as his acting goes. I know a lot of people like him in 'I'm Sorry, I Love You' but couldn't get pass episode 3. Cain & Abel, heard some good things about it but couldn't care enough to finish it. Although I think real soldiers don't spend there time crying as much as it is shown in this R#1; as someone who studied psychology I find it refreshing that at least the story did dabble in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I just have to wait for the subs to comment on it further.

KHN, she really epitomizes Soo Yeon: becoming a woman, a lover, and a mother. I understand now the contrast between her character from the beginning and then now, from that crying hysterically for Jang Woo to not leave (which I thought was too over top and childish but I guess the director wanted this) and to the demure woman in the scene where we see her in the dressing room. I really can't think of anyone else playing Jang Woo and Soo Yeon other than SJS & KHN. Perhaps I've grown attached to these characters and they've become real.

Last comment, is the girl with the Bible trying to 'save' Sergeant Oh and there will be a side story where Oh adopts her as his daughter? Let's just hope it doesn't end up Oh marrying her. That would be wrong. My jaw dropped when that girl started to undress but I know Oh was just being an agitator. But, what a weird and unsettling scene.

I'm happy Shin Tae Ho found someone but am a bit sad for that Doctor for being Soo Yeon's replacement. I like her aggressiveness in approaching him. Kudos, the script actually empowers women.

Guest charlesriver

Charlesriver & Otty, I enjoy reading your posts about Stalin and the Chinese involvement in the Korean War. I'm more familiar with the Vietnam War so it was an eye opener.

****Possible Spoilers******

Episode 18 is my latest favorite episode. I truly believe this may be SJS's best drama [yet] as far as his acting goes. I know a lot of people like him in 'I'm Sorry, I Love You' but couldn't get pass episode 3. Cain & Abel, heard some good things about it but couldn't care enough to finish it. Although I think real soldiers don't spend there time crying as much as it is shown in this R#1; as someone who studied psychology I find it refreshing that at least the story did dabble in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I just have to wait for the subs to comment on it further.

I'm happy Shin Tae Ho found someone but am a bit sad for that Doctor for being Soo Yeon's replacement. I like her aggressiveness in approaching him. Kudos, the script actually empowers women.

Korean war has been called "the forgotten war" in US. I only found out more about it because

of this drama.

In RN1, the writer didn't glorify the war, no robot-like war heros. Instead,

it allows us to see and feel this war through the eyes of ordinary people like JW and SY.

I don't expect a good ending like you either since so many families, loved ones were torn apart forever by

this war or any war, on all sides. This drama failed to generate high ratings but I hope

SJS and KHN will win the best couple in dramas this year. They deserve it!!!

STH's switch of love interest did seem rushed a bit but I'm happy for him to find happiness

he too so deserved.

m0use, you didn't finish MISA?!!! Now, that surprises me. May I suggest you giving it

another try? I also love SJS in "What Happened in Bali" to death.

Guest cakext

m0use, thx for the summary on ep 18, i thought that jw may have died but the audience wasn't so sure bc on the memorial wall, it did say his name but then they also said that the man in the wheelchair was him also that's why i have so much anticipation for them being alive....yes, it'll be sad if he does end up dying but at least that'll just make this drama even more better...oh and inregards to his "best drama" misa, i never watched that drama, my little sis said she liked it but i just could not bring myself to watch it bc it just did not appeal to me and whib was even worst....even my little sister said not to waste time watching it and she's a big sjs fan...but this drama has got to be THE BEST sjs AND khn drama ever and one of my faves also...i originally watched it for khn bc i'm a big fan of hers, sjs was never really attractive to me, the last drama i truly finished watching of his was the one he played with chae rim, but this drama has transfer me into one of his fans....khn and sjs jjang....got hooked on since ep1 and never can stop telling all the people around about this drama...

Guest sonicklism

My dear cakext, I think both Jang Woo and Tae Ho will not die, but be Soo Yeon instead. Still curious about Jang Woo Junior in ep.18 though. Not sure Soo Yeon will give birth Jang Woo Junior before she die or not.

from DramaWiki link below, you will see name list of actors and actresses.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Road_Number_One

Jang Woo and Tae Ho roles in old age played by Jang Min Ho and Choi Bool Am respectively. In the list, it might be a mistake switching the name of those two actors though. The official pics of them have been launched since May.

Jang Woo

201006081113331.jpg

Tae Ho

201006081114321kszzz73.jpg

There still be another 3 actors & actress as cameos that will perform in ep.19-20.

1. Shin Hyun Joon (He is the only one I have never seen his pic of this drama, so I use pic from Cain&Abel)

332wx.jpg

2. Lee Shun Hee

9945201006081110274p.jpg

3. Moon Chae Won

moonchaewon.jpg

m0use, you didn't finish MISA?!!! Now, that surprises me. May I suggest you giving it

another try? I also love SJS in "What Happened in Bali" to death.

Charlesriver, I don't know why I can't get pass episode 3. I'm apathetic to the characters right now and the plot seemed SO melodramatic and that lodged bullet just turns me off. And there seemed to be a love-triangle going on that I could care less. I think I was more interested in the concept of Korean adoptees trying to find their parents in Korea; I didn't care for the love story developing between SJS and the main female lead. I guess, I need to take another look. WHIB was my first SJS drama and I did a lot of fast-forwarding...though the ending was rather unexpected. It was Rough Cut that peaked my interest and like cakeext, I didn't find him that attractive before but he played a gangster very well.

oh and inregards to his "best drama" misa, i never watched that drama, my little sis said she liked it but i just could not bring myself to watch it bc it just did not appeal to me and whib was even worst....even my little sister said not to waste time watching it and she's a big sjs fan...but this drama has got to be THE BEST sjs AND khn drama ever and one of my faves also...i originally watched it for khn

cakext, besides Romance I enjoy KHN's movies more than her sappy dramas but I did watch R1 because of her and really fell for SJS, or in actuality, the Jang Woo character. I find SJS very attractive as Jang Woo; maybe it's the whole men in uniform that's appealing to women. WHIB should have shorten the episodes, sorry Charlesriver I know it's your favorite drama, I got frustrated watching the drama a couple years ago...yelling at the screen for Ha Ji Won to pick Jo In Sung already.

My dear cakext, I think both Jang Woo and Tae Ho will not die, but be Soo Yeon instead. Still curious about Jang Woo Junior in ep.18 though. Not sure Soo Yeon will give birth Jang Woo Junior before she die or not.

3. Moon Chae Won

p><p> I

Oh, and I watched ep. 18 again and during the bed scene, you can hear Jang Woo whispering 'Soo Yeon' but it's really faint. I wonder if SJS ad-lib that or is it in the script. That was super sweet and romantic, I'm dying to know what she said to him.

edit: Found this BTS picture.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/melanch0lic/Road%20No%201/r104.jpg' alt='r104.jpg'>

Anyone know where I can download this after party segment?

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7553

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7552

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7550

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7549

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7547

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7542

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7540

http://gall.dcinside.com/roadno1/7482

Guest yonsamastar

hi everyone

i just finished ep8 ... and i'm already excited (i know i'm late

it's because i waite with subs they are profetionals in translating )

anyway ... can anyone tell me how many Episode is this drama

cause i thought ep16 was going to be the last but i guess not now that they released two more Episodes

Guest charlesriver

yonsamastar, there are 20 episodes. Next week will show the last 2.

sonicklism, I wish there will be a twist of JW's fate from what was shown in the first episode...

Thanks dear coco for the video. So hard to film those scenes in bitter cold winter.

I can't forget OMS's eyes and face in his final scene, neither could JW!

m0use, cakext, MISA is not only about love triangles. The role SJS played longed for motherly

love is most heartbreaking for me. As for Bali, it's a either love or hate drama. I like both

actresses in those two dramas.

m0use, I watched the segment of MBC section TV you wanted at 3asian SJS BBS and at baidu sobar.

You can grab it with a downloader like realplayer.

BTW, that psychiatrist/doctor is not Moon Chae Won. She will show up in the last episode I guess.

I can't wait for the final 2 episodes yet a little afraid of what I'll find out...

Korean War Timeline for anyone interested:

http://www.landscaper.net/kortime.htm

30 Jun 50 - President Truman orders ground forces into Korea and authorizes Air Force to bomb North Korea

(Kim Il Sung definitely miss calculated!)

4 Jan 51 - Seoul captured by Chinese

(With no support in the air from Soviet Union, suffered heavy casualties, they still moved

southward fast...)

18 Mar 51 - UN forces retake Seoul

(may be that was when lots of Chinese Soldier were captured. I read that they got cut off.)

Guest cakext

thx everyone for all the new speculations and info...i am absolutely sad that soo yeon will not make it to an old age with jang woo....at least let the baby survive...oh and regarding the pic of khn with the little boy, i think that is just a bts of when they're shooting little jang woo and khn was probably just having fun with him...gosh, it's so sad to think that the drama is coming to an end...oh yea and i also love khn's movies wayyyy more...i've watched and rewatched every single one of her movie...

oh and regarding the pic of khn with the little boy, i think that is just a bts of when they're shooting little jang woo and khn was probably just having fun with him...

Cakext, That's what I also thought from the BTS picture that it was the young Jang Woo too, then I was thinking why is she in the shot? In the preview from ep 18 for 19, she's apparently crying at the stream. I wonder if that's the scene pictured. I guess we just have to wait & see.

THANKS Coco for the download, you saved me a lot of time finding a program to grab the video.

CharlesriverHeh, Moon Chae Won looks a lot like the doctor from that angle. I'll give MISA another try when R1 is over :)

Archived