[2008 Jdrama] Innocent Love (イノセント・ラヴ )

RanP

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mriaow

Hmm...casting is a little weak TBH, for its time slot they definitely could've found a stronger cast. :unsure:

This is Maki's first romance drama and I gotta say I'm not too happy with Kitagawa Yujin as "prince charming". He's like 10 years older than her, and he doesn't look the part either...maybe I set my expectations too high, meh... :(

Today finally the the other cast members of the cast of Maki's new dorama "Innocent Love" have been revealed. The biggest surprise would be the male leading part, because Kitagawa Yuujin (31) from the popular folk song duo "Yuzu" ( http://www.senha-yuzu.jp/ ) will be in charge of that one. This would be his first ever role in a dorama and already as the lead actor at the side of popular Horikita Maki. However, Kitagawa isn't a totally new actor as he has been doing some acting in movies like "Meitentei Hokenmini coopersu no Obasan" or "All-Night Long 3: Last Chapter" before his actual breakthrough with the folk duo Yuzu in 1998. "I was really surprised. It's a new challenge and I'll work hard with all my might," he commented with a lot of ambition.

The theme for Innocent Love is about "modern loneliness" and the heroine Kanon (Maki) who got neglected by the world around her. Kanon is trying to find happiness in this modern Cinderella story. Kitagawa will play Jun'ya(?) she is wholeheartedly falling in love with.

His role is not an easy one. He is a pianist who seems to have a cheerful naiveté from the outside, but in the inside he holds a deep sadness. Producer Nakano Toshiyuki still has a lot of expectations, "If the drama can reflect the ambition that comes from inside of him, then I think there will be a great chemical reaction."

Other cast members include Kashii Yuu (21), Fukushi Seiji (25), Narimiya Hiroki (25) and Uchida Yuki (32).

Credit translation : HPriest at pori-chan.com

Original source: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/080826/gn...60435019-n1.htm

Though there's 10 years gap but I think the characters themselves are interesting, &actually Yuujin doesn't look that old for his age ;)

Guest xSHADOW

Aww :[...oh well hopefully Kitagawa Yujin would blow me away.

Here's a picture of him for those who don't know him.

spt_gall_art_001.jpg

He's on the left.

Guest holdxmexnow

I was like "Ohhh, Yujin Kitagawa! Wait... who?" I had never heard of him before.

Ah I say we give him a chance. Maybe he will do well ^_^

I am really glad to see Nari in this though!

Guest plumangel3

i dont think that the age difference will be too much of a problem or anything if the acting and chemistry is right. its not totally uncommon for a big difference between the leads.

he actually looks pretty cute. an unlikely prince charming for our damsel in distress =p i think they'll look cute together. Maki looks great with just about anyone LOL

im excited for Narimiya Hiroki too ^^

41376810.jpg

Guest ^w-nGz^

i'm so excited for this...

hope it will come sooner XD

MAKI!!!! NARI!! ho ho ho....!

can please update the front page with cast & characters?

hehe ^_^

Yuzu's Kitagawa to play Horikita's love interest

96xra1.jpg

The male lead has been revealed for the Fuji TV drama series "Innocent Love," which stars popular actress Maki Horikita. Rather than casting a popular young actor for the role, the network has chosen Yujin Kitagawa, the 31-year-old leader of folk duo Yuzu.

The drama is described as a "Cinderella story," with Horikita playing Kanon, a pitiful woman who eventually finds love with a pianist named Junya (Kitagawa). Junya's character is cheerful and innocent on the surface, but his heart is full of painful sorrow.

Kitagawa actually started out his entertainment career as an actor, before Yuzu got their big break. He appeared in multiple dramas, such as "Meitantei Hokenmini coopersu no Obasan" in 1997, and he even starred in the 1996 horror film "All Night Long 3: Saishusho." However, he has been focused on music since Yuzu made their debut in 1997.

"Innocent Love" is filling Fuji TV's Monday 9:00pm time slot this fall.

source: tokyograph

-------------

here's the official announcement from Fuji CAST & THEIR ROLE:

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub_2008/080826il.html

Kitagawa - Nagasaki Junya (長崎殉也), pianist, Kanon's ideal man

Kashii - Sakurai Mizuki (桜井美月); Junya's childhood friend, villain

Fukushi -Akiyama Yoji (秋山耀司); Kanon's older brother, accused of killing their parents

Narimiya - Segawa Subaru (瀬川昴); Junya's best friend

Uchida - Segawa Kiyoka (瀬川聖花); Junya's fiancee

TO BE MORE IN DEPTH WITH CHARACTER:

Info from official announcement:

Kitagawa Yujin as Nagasaki Junya: pianist at a church; Kanon's love interest; appears cheerful on the outside, yet carries a dark and sad past

Kashii Yuu as Sakurai Mizuki - Junya's childhood friend; has had feelings for Junya since childhood; bullies Kanon

Fukushi Seiji as Akiyama Youji - Kanon's brother; arrested for being suspected of killing his and Kanon's parents; worries for Kanon who is now all alone

Narimiya Hiroki as Segawa Subaru - Junya's good friend; has a deep source of anxiety which he is unable to confide to anyone; is unable to profess his love to the person he loves <---Last Friends part II?

Uchida Yuki as Segawa Kiyoka - Junya's fiancee; the woman Junya loves; has a key-role in the story

CREDIT TO: celticmoon@ d-addicts for full translation

Guest stupidfactory

I wanted Yamapi to play Maki's love interest but it's highly, impossible. lol

Anyway, the cast is out yea? Looking forward. The main guy looks pretty good. Hehehe

Guest juma48

I dont know who the main lead actor is but judging from the pics that some of you posted here i guess its not that bad then playing the lead actor. Even though he 31 but he doesn't look that bad in fact younger so i dont pretty mind about it. Hopefully he can play the character well and manage to let viewer watch the show.

Guest Dorkiee

I am so excited to hear about this.

I always wanted to see Maki in a full-fledge love story.

This is awesome and we get to see another side of her acting.

Like everyone else. Who is the male lead. Hmmm.

I have some one in mind :D

Aww its not someone I know but can't wait to see his acting as well.

Updated 1st page with the cast, characters chart& a news :)

i dont think that the age difference will be too much of a problem or anything if the acting and chemistry is right. its not totally uncommon for a big difference between the leads.

he actually looks pretty cute. an unlikely prince charming for our damsel in distress =p i think they'll look cute together. Maki looks great with just about anyone LOL

im excited for Narimiya Hiroki too ^^

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/in...ya/41376810.jpg

I agree lol not to mention that he looks actually younger than his age ^^ yet he still looks mature, I think the prod. doesn't want a youngster for that reason..

akaka Nari is definitely a plus!

Guest redmoon123

Never heard of Kitagawa Yuujin before...but wow he looks really young for his age!! I'm looking forward to this. So many good dramas for fall XD

Archived