*Cast:

Horikita Maki as Akiyama Kanon

Kitagawa Yuujin as Nagasaki Junya

Kashii Yuu as Sakurai Mizuki

Fukushi Seiji as Akiyama Youji

Narimiya Hiroki as Segawa Subaru

Uchida Yuki as Segawa Kiyoka

*Character chart:

-Akiyama Kanon (Maki): became an orphan at 13. Her parents died when their home was burnt down. Everyone from her town thought it was her older brother who set up the fire, but she believes his innocence. Unwelcomed by her townspeople and unable to make a living working part-time there, she decides to move to Tokyo. There in a housecleaning workshop in Yokohama, she has a fateful meeting with a man. Maki’s character is described as someone with a strong heart and a positive outlook in life.

-Nagasaki Junya (Yuujin): a pianist who directs a children’s church choir. Though he seems happy with a bright personality, he has a deep sorrow inside; and carries a dark& sad past. (@junkochan)

-Sakurai Mizuki (Kashii): a childhood friend of Junya who has feelings for him since they were young. She'll be like the "first villain" who's going to bully Horikita's character.

-Akiyama Youji (Fukushi): Kanon's older brother Akiyama Youji who got in juvenile prison as suspect for the murder of their parents. He is worrying about his sister and her loneliness, but he suffers due to the fact that he can't go outside these walls.

-Segawa Subaru (Narimiya): who's in charge of bringing a fresh and modern feeling to that show. He himself struggles with the problem that he can't tell anybody his feelings, not about his worries about his new assignment and neither his feelings towards the person who loves him.

-Segawa Kiyoka (Uchida): the fiancée of Junya. She will be an important key role for the dorama.

(@HPriest)

* Synopsis (translated from announcement on FujiTV)

An arson took it all away from Akiyama Kanon seven years ago. Her parents died in that fire, her brother was arrested as the prime suspect and her carefree life disappeared from that instant. She was shunned by the town as the sister of a murderer, yet she believes her brother's innocence and often pays him visits with words of encouragement. As life gets harder when nobody is willing to give her a job, Kanon decides to try her luck in the city and there she meets the man of her destiny...

* News

Popular actress Maki Horikita has picked up her next lead drama role. She will star in the tentatively-titled "Innocent Love," scheduled to air in Fuji TV's flagship Monday night time slot this fall. As the title suggests, the show will be a romance story.

The script is an original work written by Taeko Asano, whose most recent hit was "Last Friends" this past spring. Like that show, "Innocent Love" will focus on the lives of modern youths. The shows also share a director (Yusuke Kato) and a producer (Toshiyuki Nakano).

The story centers around the tragic heroine Kanon Akiyama (Horikita). As a child, she lost both her parents to a murderer, and her older brother was arrested as the prime suspect. Shunned by her town as the sister of a killer, she heads to Tokyo and picks up a job as a housecleaner. There, she has a fateful encounter with a man, but the road to romance is fraught with difficulty.

This will be Horikita's first time starring in Fuji TV's key time slot. Last year, her popularity skyrocketed due to a starring role in "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e." Currently, she appears in the NHK taiga drama "Atsuhime." That series doesn't finish filming until the end of September, so she will briefly be shooting simultaneously for "Atsuhime" and "Innocent Love."

"Innocent Love" will premiere in October.

Source: Sponichi Annex - Tokyograph

The drama is described as a modern day Cinderalla story. The article cites that this will be Maki’s first challenge in a “full-scale love story.” Maki will play the heroine whose parents were murdered when she was very young and her older brother was arrested for the murders. The drama will follow her character being hit by one misfortune after another but she continues to live life positively and not lose hope. Her character also falls in love and her love remains true to him throughout. The script will be handled by Ms. Asano Taeko who also wrote “Last Friends.” In addition, the article also praised Maki’s performance in her current drama “Atsu-hime.”

@junkochan at yamaki.co.nr

The male lead has been revealed for the Fuji TV drama series "Innocent Love," which stars popular actress Maki Horikita. Rather than casting a popular young actor for the role, the network has chosen Yujin Kitagawa, the 31-year-old leader of folk duo Yuzu.

The drama is described as a "Cinderella story," with Horikita playing Kanon, a pitiful woman who eventually finds love with a pianist named Junya (Kitagawa). Junya's character is cheerful and innocent on the surface, but his heart is full of painful sorrow.

Kitagawa actually started out his entertainment career as an actor, before Yuzu got their big break. He appeared in multiple dramas, such as "Meitantei Hokenmini coopersu no Obasan" in 1997, and he even starred in the 1996 horror film "All Night Long 3: Saishusho." However, he has been focused on music since Yuzu made their debut in 1997.

(a recent pic of Yuujin)

sysdiary1008bj5.jpg

Dramawiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Innocent_Love

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ripgal

I'm looking forward to this drama.. have always loved the writer's works/dramas; always so meaningful and deep.

I'm sure Maki will do well.. she did incredibly well in Hana Kimi ^_^

Guest plumangel3

aw Ran you already started a thread for Innocent Love :D

im so excited xD Maki's finally chosen another drama! haha i hope they choose the male lead carefully =p

cant wait for more news.

Guest xSHADOW

SOMETHING TO ANTICIPATE ^^!

The writer of Last Friends is amazing so hopefully the same goes for this drama.

Finally Maki takes on a “full-scale love story”.

I hope they pick the male lead carefully.

Though my head screams out for Yamapi x].

Guest Anri Lin

Ooh ~ Another Horikki drama ~ !

I think I'll watch it once it comes out ..with subs T_T. -sigh- Its always so sad to have to wait for subs though, lol.

Miss Maki so much... I haven't seen her in another drama after Hana Kimi ends.

Though my head screams out for Yamapi

I'm praying for Yamapi will be the male lead too but for some reason, I feel like it's impossible to happen. If not Yamapi, Jin or Ryo or Shun or Tamaki or Eita, either one of them would make a great choice.

^ As much as I adore Yamaki, I would love Maki to co-star with Jin, Ryo, or Eita.

A "full scale love drama"!?! I've been waiting for Japan to make more of these type of dramas for a while. I'm a sucker for romance :sweatingbullets: . The premise sounds very interesting too. Like everyone, I can't wait until they announce the male lead!

Guest ethopia

yahhoo. cant wait for this...

i want TOMA-KUN to be the male lead... so this time he can get the girl hehehe...

(hope someone here hear me and make toma the male lead!!)

Archived