[drama 2006] Mr. Goodbye 미스터 굿바이

Guest tjadl6386

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest glitzyglam

it happened to be but wht I cannot understand that she kept that secret from him and hasn t told him all this year...hmmm..if it was me i ll go and tell him .....but the kid so funny and so professional..I think they are alike..are they related.. :lol:

Yeah that's what I was wondering.. why doesn't she just tell him? he thinks it's her 1st husband's child. . . O_o;;

I LOVE Yoon!! yeah, he's hialrious! and I love how he laughs!!! what a cutie. <3 he and his chicks...:wub:

still no mms links? does anyone know how to look for the mms links? I've been trying to find a pattern in the links because usually you can change one number and it'll be the next episode... but there doesn't seem to be one for this series!!

I'll wait a little longer and if one doesn't show up.. I guess I'll DL from creidesca. ^^ (thanks for the links btw!)

Guest minjung313

ooooooooooo :w00t: this drama is so goood. :) i dont understand why more people arent interested in it....ahn jae wook is mad hotness and the other guy is super hotness and the story line isnt all that bad either~ episode 6 was super cute as well. B)

Guest tjadl6386

It's probably because of Jumong. Similar to Resurrection which was competing with My Name Is Kim Sam Soon. I really like this drama. The background music is also catchy especially the one they used in Episode 4 when Kyle was swimming (His Butterfly Stroke is impressive).

Have only watched till Ep.4 so far,

And I am enjoying it!

Actually, wasn't really looking forward to Lee Bo Young ;x

But she surprised me in this role.

So yeah.

Oh yes, does anyone knows the ratings?

I hope they don't cut off anything IF there are low ratings or something like that ;x

Guest purplexx

wow.. i finally caught up with episode 5 of this drama~~ it is so interesting!!!! i cannot wait for episode 6 with chinese subs to be released!!! is HS going to confess to YI already?? since he is making that u-turn.... anyone who has seen episode 6? hehe...

Anyone know the ratings for episode 5 and 6?

Just watched episode 5 and it seems so interesting...

-what did LBY tell her ex bf and her ex best friend?

-he got on the bus after LBY but he doesn't have the bus card! I found this part hilarious, this kind of sceneiro (rich man doesn't have the bus card and wants the female to help pay for him) has been in many dramas already!

-why did she quit her hotel job? Is it because of her father?

-what did her colleagues talk about inside the toliet?

-AJW took her instant photos!

-I can't comprehend this part: how come the other guy went to look for her, let her drive his brand new car and she wracked it within 30 seconds...

-why is AJW staying with that female doctor friend of his?

-and how come she called him after that guy left?

Sorry for the many questions... :blush:

This drama seems funny but I think not many people in here are watching it...

Guest Pyoungsang

-what did LBY tell her ex bf and her ex best friend?

that she wanted to have a love triangle with them

-why did she quit her hotel job? Is it because of her father?

yes

-what did her colleagues talk about inside the toliet?

how one of them saw her coming out of AJW's office in the morning

-I can't comprehend this part: how come the other guy went to look for her, let her drive his brand new car and she wracked it within 30 seconds...

well ... I think he likes her

-why is AJW staying with that female doctor friend of his?

she convinced him that he would be very comfortable staying at her place

-and how come she called him after that guy left?

to tell him that she didn't quit because of him

Hm.. I'm kinda confused on Jo Dong Hyuk's character's name...

the concierge guy...

is it Ka Il ? or Kyle? :huh:

Do we wanna use English name for him or it depends??

I'm guessing "kyle" could be his english name? and 카일 (Ka Il) is his english name translated in korean? :wacko:

Hopefully either Michael or dramaok can give me some suggestion so that we'll have some kinda a 'uniform'-ness for his name in the english subs hehe! ^^

Still can't believe he's the same 'driver' guy from Miss Kim.

He was adorably cute and deliriously funny in that drama, even though he didn't really have many dialogues.

I'm glad he landed the 2nd lead role though :D

Guest doryish

AHHH it's getting soooo good !!

they're starting to fall in love !!

this is where the real action is going to start =]

i'm so excited for next weeeekkk :]

Guest mhugh

The name tag that he wears on his uniform appears to say "Kyle,"

so I agree with everyone that it should be Kyle.

glitzyglam asked in the earlier thread about the address he received in a paper folded the way his brother does. Could it be his mother's address? Provided by his brother, perhaps? I'm obviously speculating wildly.

dramaok, I don't know about him being all that mucho sexy, :P

but I think LBY is refreshingly sexy and sassy.

Since males are far outnumbered by females in this thread, I thought I throw that in to try to balance the opinion poll a bit. :P

Guest rondo12

Have been watching this drama..one word to describe it-"Excellent" !! :D:D Ahn Jae Wook's performance in the drama is excellent too ^^ I like the part when he is with Yoon most haha..so heartwarming when i saw it.. a pair of cute father and son :lol::lol:

Guest duckweed

I was re-watching the chinese subbed version of episode 4 again while waiting for this week’s episodes and here is a very literal on the fly transcript. My chinese isnt that great either. ;););)

Yoon Hyun Suh (played by Ahn Jae Wook0

Choi Young In (played by Lee Bo Young)

Kang Soo Jin (played by Oh Yoon Ah)

Ka Il (played by Jo Dong Hyuk)

[At Soo Jin’s house]

Soo Jin: What do you think about the house?

Hyun Suh: Lovely

Soo Jin: Want to move in? Let’s live together.

Hyun Suh: Why suddenly …

Soo Jin: Didn’t you say you like the house, isn’t it enough?

Hyun Suh: I only said I like the house, not..

Soo Jin: Not me?

Hyun Suh: I didn’t mean that. Although I need a house desperately, but I still shouldn’t...

Soo Jin: Still afraid I’ll devour you?

Hyun Suh: Doc, you know I don’t mean that.

Soo Jin: That why I made the offer. As your personal doctor, would I harm my patient? Don’t worry , I wouldn’t take a single step inside your room nor clean around your bed. I promise to make sure you stay healthy a long, long time.

Hyun Suh: So you are really sure you want to live with me...

[At the hotel where the desk manager and the other girl are watching Young In]

Desk Manager: I like that girl.

The other girl: Didn’t she get the job thought the back door? I don’t know why the GM...

Desk Manager: Have you ever seem some one like her who doesn’t arouse jealousy or enmity despite using the back door? Have you?

[Young In slumping in her chair and muttering to herself]

Young In : What’s so great about you being the GM ? Even the company’ president... No... Even the president’s grandpa shouldn’t do this .

[soo Ji showing Hyun Suh the bedroom]

Soo Ji: Follow me. Take a look inside. It’s hard to find a room like this, right? Didn’t you say you just meant to stay a few months and that your heart is mine?

Hyun Suh: Living with a doctor is of course safer..

Soo Ji: I promise to always remain outside the door, never venturing inside.

Hyun Suh: Hey... Stop teasing. I know you don’t think of me as a guy at all.

Soo Ji: Let’s take a look at our son.

Hyun Suh: Our son...??

[soo Ji and Hyun Suh looking at the sleeping boy]

Soo Ji: My son... His name is Yoon

Hyun Suh: Yoon..? Do you still keep in touch with your ex husband?

Soo Ji: No.

Hyun Suh: Did I ask a painful question?

Soo Ji: No matter. My Ex-husband has no interest in Yoon. He has never contacted us once.

Hyun Suh: You hate him?

Soo Ji: Hard to say...

Hyun Suh: Its hard, isn’t it

Soo Ji: What?

Hyun Suh: Having to raise a child alone.

Soo Ji: It’s unlike you to say some thing like that... Having him is a blessing. It made me proud and this period of time is the happiest in my life. Deciding to give birth to him and becoming a Mom is the best decision I have every made. Do you want to get to know him better?

Hyun Suh: No. He will only dislike me.

Soo Ji: We can only know after you tried.

[Young In’s encounter with the desperate female guest]

Guest: What should I do?

Young In: What??

Guest: Help me... Help me please...

Young In: But I …

Guest: I’m really sorry... But can you help me look for my lost button; it’s my first time meeting my future mother in law! The button was still there when I was sitting on the sofa waiting for my boyfriend. I think I dropped it around here on my way to the toilet. What should I do?!

Young In: How much time is left?

Guest: Less than 5 min. It must be around here somewhere, what should I do?

Young In: We must think of another way. Quickly, do you have thread and needle?

Guest: I do. Its alright, I will saw it on during my way up, thank you! What’s your name?

Young In: You’re going to be late, just hurry and go.

[Ka Il surveying Young In’s messy appearance]

Young In: [Clutching her collar ] There’s really nothing to see. My stomach is even fuller after a full meal. I really an idiot, I should have use a button below or from my sleeve.

Ka Il: Do you plan to just stay there?

Young In: What?

Ka Il: Dress this way, do you plan to stay there?

Young In: No

Ka Il: Go get tidy up quickly.

Young In: Miss …

Ka Il: What?

Young In: Well done. Hurry back.

[Hyun Suh laying in bed and remembering Soo Ji’s offer]

Soo Ji: Don’t worry, just stay with me before you find a place.

[Young In outside Hyun Suh ‘s room]

Young In: Good morning. Do you want me to go in or for you to come out?

Hyun Suh : Huh? In where?

Young In: I... didn’t get this job through my own virtues and only relied on your influence, right? Isn’t that right? So you just one-sidedly make this decision to give me a position I don’t like? Isn’t that it?

Are you playing games with me or are you crazy? Having decided to give me a job through the back door, you could at least arrange a better one. I wanted to use my skill to earn living through hard work and perspiration.

Hyun Suh : Perspiration??

Young In: Duh, you perspire when you perform massages.

Hyun Suh : Don’t worry, just try to do a good job. I will give you 60 million won in your salaries even if you can’t do a single thing. Haha.

Young In: So you think that you are paying me off now?

Hyun Suh : No one has any expectations of you Even if you find the job too hard and decided to quit half way, its still ok. You can even resign now if you wish. Still not going? I’m planning to strip. I want to shower.

Young In: Go ahead

Hyun Suh : I’m really going to strip

Young In: Strip then.

Hyun Suh : You are obviously sexual harassing me

Young In: You think you are so great, but you don’t even dare to strip around other people...

[Young In out side the room and remembering Hyun Suh’s words.]

Hyun Suh : No one has any expectations of you. Even if you find the job too hard and decided to quit half way, its still ok. You can even resign now if you wish.

Young In: Just you wait and see what I can do.

[in Hyun Suh’s room]

Hyun Suh : I’m checking out, please send some one to carry my luggage downstairs

[in the changing room]

Desk Manager: A concierge’s job is actually very simple and easy. You only need to carry out the guests’ requests. There 589 rooms in our hotel and all guests can reach the concierge by dialing one on the phone.

[Good Morning…]

Desk Manager... Its not that way, listen carefully

[Good Morning…]

[Good Morning…]

Desk Manager: No. No. No. Listen carefully and follow the way I speak

[Good Morning…]

[Good Morning…]

Desk Manager: If you have any question, just come and ask me. There’s nothing I don’t know about the hotel, its guest and its employee. Even the stuff they want to keep hidden.

[Hyun Suh , Young In and the Desk manager in the elevator]

Hyun Suh : Do me a favor and take care of her , Manager. Please show her the ropes.

[Young In and the Desk manager walking]

Young In: But... Why are you so nice to me.. All the other employees dislike me. I got the job through the back door, don’t you know?

Desk Manager: I even know what you did in the morning [in the GM’s room] , girl.

[Young In and the Desk manager encounter Young In’s dad]

Desk Manager: This is the new concierge, Choi Young In. This is the Sales Manager. Isn’t he handsome. Quick, greet him.

Young In: Hello, My name is Choi Young In. I’m new at the job so please show me the ropes.

[Young In left]

Desk Manager: Oh my… My apology, she got her job though the back door and still hadn’t adjusted

[Young In’s Mom singing]

[Young In’s brother talking to his younger half brother outside their apartment]

Brother: Have something to eat… Nobody’s at home?

Half Brother: I lose the key

Brother: Aren’t you very smart, just get a lock smith to open the door.

I Half Brother: I have no money, do you have any?

Brother: I also don’t have any money…By the way, is your father nice to you?

[Young In practicing]

[Good Morning…]

[Good Morning…]

[Good Morning…]

[Young In answers phone while picking up the booklet she dropped]

Good Morning. Good afternoon. Good evening. Concierge Choi speaking. How may I help you ?

Hyun Suh : Are you reciting the multiplication table ? Use the correct greeting.

Young In: My apologies, Guest.. Good evening. Concierge Choi.. [Realizing its Hyun Suh ] What the heck do you want?

Hyun Suh : Is this the way how a concierge should speak ? Is this what you were taught? Do it properly.

Young In: I’m in a lousy mood now, so don’t bother me. Even if you don’t bug me, I’m still going to go crazy and scratch my head off.

{Doesn’t really translate from Chinese. In the Chinese subs, scratch is the first word of the two word phase for crazy. I have no idea how it goes in Korean. This has something to do with the scene later where Hyun Suh scratched Young In’s back for her}

Hyun Suh : If it itch , just take a shower. Don’t scratch it, just take a shower.

Young In: How can I help you, guest?

Hyun Suh : There’s still a booklet left under the table.

[Ka Il comes over]

Ka Il : What was that call about ?

Young In: Oh, nothing..

Ka Il : Go take your lunch , I’ll take over.

[Desk Manager gossiping with the Secretary outside the GM’s office]

Desk Manager: The GM told personally me to take good care of the girl who got the job through the back door… I even saw here came out of the GM’s room this morning.

[The Secretary inside the GM’s office]

Secretary: GM, This is the accounts.

How long have you been working in the hotel

Secretary: Almost 3 years

Hyun Suh : What was the hardest part when you started your job?

Secretary: Why? ... Why?

Hyun Suh : Nothing …Thanks, you can go now.

[Hyun Suh spot Young In eating ramen in the shop and recalled what she said.]

Young In: There nothing worse for me in the world than having to eat alone. I would never willingly eat alone if there’s anyway choice.

In order not to have to eat alone, I date. In order not to have to eat alone, I make friends. In order not to have to eat alone, I work to make money.

[Hyun Suh went in and join Young In]

Hyun Suh : Whats up?

Young In: Can you tell ?

Hyun Suh : Whats this?

Young In: One bowl is not enough, I would still feel hungry. Its mine, don’t even think about it.

Hyun Suh : Didn’t the instructions said to pour hot water till the indicated line ? But the water here is lower that the line.

The noodle company didn’t spend good money printing this line for no purpose. It’s meant to help people to use to cook the noodle.

Hyun Suh : Its written here that there’s soy beans in the ramen. They add soy bean to ramen? Can you smell the soy beans? See, it’s written here.

Hyun Suh : Didn’t you say you dislike eating alone?

Young In: Not all our wishes can come true.

Young In: After eating ramen and drinking wine in a rainy date, you can’t find a single person in Korea whose nose doesn’t run.

Hyun Suh : Why are you unhappy, where does it itch ?

Young In: Why, do you plan to scratch it for me.

Hyun Suh : Scratch it yourself

Young In: What if I can’t reach the spot?

Hyun Suh : You still have to scratch it your self.

Young In: I really can’t reach it!

Hyun Suh : Where is it then.

Young In: Ok. Ok. I will scratch it my self.

Hyun Suh : Move your hand away.Here? Here?

Young In: Nice. Niiiiicccce. It’s so nice when it rain...

[soo Ji and her son]

Yoon: Is some one coming over?

Soo Ji: Yes

Yoon: Are they staying over?

Soo Ji: Yes

Yoon: Grandma?

Soo Ji: Nope

Yoon: Grandpa?

Soo Ji: Nope

Yoon: Uncle Pong Goo ?

Soo Ji: Why would your Uncle Pong Goo stay over?

Yoon: Then there’s no one else

Soo Ji: Come, son, wash your hand and prepare to have dinner

Yoon: The chicks... The chicks... they want to wash too.

Soo Ji: Yoon should wash first

[Hyun Suh and Young In the shop watching the rain]

Hyun Suh : The rain stopped

Young In: Do you like the rain?

Hyun Suh : I like both rain and snow

Young In: Next time, let me bring you to see some snow

Hyun Suh : Next time ? During winter?

Young In: Nope. I said I will let you see some snow

Hyun Suh : If you can let me see snow, I will give you...

Young In: Give me what?

Hyun Suh : 100 Million won.

Young In: All you think about is money.

Hyun Suh : Prepare 40 Million won.

Young In: What?

Hyun Suh : If it doesn’t snow, you should give me 100 Million won. But since I still own you 60 Million won, the balance is 40 Million won. Ok?

Young In: Ok, Get the 100 Million won ready.

Hyun Suh : You better prepare 40 Million won your self

Young In: Just get your 100 Million won ready

[Ka Il with the Evil Looking Senior Executive in the elevator]

Senior Executive: How is it going? Are you used to the job?

Ka Il : Yes

Senior Executive: I have heard of you. Your capability is recognized in the HQ. Why would some one as capable as you willingly transfer to Seoul? Do you still think of me as a boss you can’t trust?

Ka Il: Yes

Senior Executive: True, it has only been a few days. You are very honest. If you face any difficulties, just tell me. I wish the two of us to be amiable.

[Enter the Company President]

President: Has the GM left?

Ka Il: Yes

President: Did the GM send you to the Concierge? Was it the GM’s instruction?

Senior Executive: Yes

President: Why?

[Hyun Suh and Young In outside the shop]

Hyun Suh :Have you finished your shift?

Young In: Nope

Hyun Suh: Can the handset even receive signals here?

Young In: If it’s a good one, it should...

Hyun Suh: What? Why then hadn’t there been a single call?

Young In: Look. Look.. Didn’t I say it can receive calls even here?

Hyun Suh: Just answer the call, otherwise the guest will complain.

Young In: Yes, Guest, what do kind of assistance do you require? Yes, Guest, I will get it done right away.

[Hyun Suh left]

Young In: Thank you for accompanying me for dinner. It was a scrumptious dinner.

[At Soo Ji’s house where Hyun Suh was greeted by Soo Ji and Yoon]

Soo Ji: You arrived.

Yoon: Uncle, are you staying over?

Soo Ji: Quick, come on in. Oh, the hotel sent over your luggage. I wanted to unpack for you but I was afraid you wouldn’t like it.

Hyun Suh: Thanks. If you don’t remove them [the chicks], I’m going to make chicken ginseng soup out of them.

Yoon: What’s chicken ginseng soup?

Hyun Suh: Putting them in a big pot and boiling them for soup

Yoon: Soup?

Hyun Suh: I can make fried chicken out of them too.

Yoon: Yummy.

Hyun Suh: I meant I will eat them.

Yoon: I love fried chicken.

Soo Ji: Yoon. Don’t worry; he just wanted to show of the chicks. He normally keep them in his own room. Come on, let’s have dinner.

[Ka Il at the desk]

Young In: Sorry. I’m late.

Ka Il: Have you no sense of punctuality? Can I ask why you help the guest with the missing button that way?

Young In: No reason. It’s just a gut reaction. If I consciously thought about it, would I have used my collar button?

Ka Il: Even if you wasn’t working in this hotel would you still do that?

Young In: Well, I would probably cut off a button below or from my sleeve. Supervisor, you forgot this. Isn’t this yours?

Ka Il: It’s a journal. The service experiences of a hundred year old hotel are recorded within. There’s no record of successes, only records of failures. Recording successes would only lead to stagnation. But reading about failure will often lead to better ideas. This is now Miss Choi’s. When you ran out of ideas on how to help the guests, just take a look at the journal.

Young In: Why give this to me…[Young In ran after Ka Ii] Supervisor! Supervisor! This…

Ka Il: So you don’t want it?

Young In: No. I don’t mean that. It’s just that it’s written in English...

Ka Il: Is being bad at English something to be proud of? Finish reading it in a month and write me a report.

[English dialog]

[Hyun Suh in the car with an older guy ]

Older Guy: Since I’m old now, just open the door for this young man.

[English dialog]

[Young In’s Dad and the President waiting for the elevator]

Young In’s Dad: Are you going to the president’s office.

President: Of course

[English dialog]

[The Senior Executive at a meeting with the employee]

Senior Executive: What we are most afraid of are not guests who make requests of us, but of guests who kept their silence. These guests are unwilling to utter their dissatisfaction and we are unable to fulfill their unspoken requests.

[English dialog]

Senior Executive: They will never frequent our hotel again.

[soo Ji knocks at Hyun Suh’s door]

Hyun Suh: Please wait.

Soo Ji : What are you doing inside.

Hyun Suh: Just work stuff.

Soo Ji : Do you remember this photo?

Hyun Suh: How did you get this photo?

Soo Ji : Do you know how taken back I was then? Why did you do it ?

[Young In and Hyun Suh’s SMS]

Young In: I’m touched that you left the umbrella for me in case it rained.

Hyun Suh: I only gave it to you because I felt it’s bothersome to carry around.

[Hyun Suh enters his office]

Secretary: Good Morning. GM. How about a cup of coffee?

Hyun Suh : Ok. So, Secretary Woo, you come here early every morning in order to personally tidy my office?

Secretary: Yes. GM

Hyun Suh: Thank you.

Secretary: This letter... There’s only your name written on it, nothing else. There’s no indication of originating address or the sender’s name.

Hyun Suh ; What’s this …

[Young In in the toilet when the phone rang]

Young In: Oh, It startled me...

[Good Morning..]

Hyun Suh ; Multiplication Table, where are you ?

What is this letter about? Have you seemed Ronny? Did Ronny give it to you? Is he here?

Young In: I’m attending some urgent business at the moment.

Hyun Suh ; What urgent business?

Young In: It’s... I’m using all my force at the moment…

Hyun Suh; Why are you doing things that require physical strength? Get a male colleague to do it. Where are you now?

Young In: My strength is greater than the guys. It feels so great after using some force.

Hyun Suh ; Constipation?

Young In: I’m hanging up now.

Hyun Suh ; Didn’t you said it felt great?

[English dialog]

Hyun Suh ; You…

Young In: Why are you looking for me? Why?

Hyun Su h; You dare to be so rude to me in public.

Young In: Ok, bye. Are you looking for me, GM?

Hyun Suh: Just act normal and follow me.

[Encounter Young In Ex Boyfriend and Ex Best Friend]

Ex Best friend: Fancy meeting you here. We are here for lunch.

Ex Boyfriend: How are you doing?

Young In: Great.

Ex Best friend: You look weird wearing a skirt.

Ex Boyfriend: It looks nice on you. Are you still seeing this guy?

Hyun Suh ; Sorry, we are seeing each other everyday.

Ex Boyfriend: The two of you don’t look compatible together.

Hyun Suh; Lets go. Why are you staying, lets just leave.

Young In: I don’t want to play cool and pretend it’s alright. I don’t like act cool. Our blood runs hot, why so should we act cool? I refuse to let this rest. Let have it out here.

Afraid? Afraid, aren’t you? That’s right; the two of us were together for so many years. Want to play a game of love triangle? Let’s play!

Hyun Suh; What about me?

Young In: You? You can join in too! The human heart is so strange. In just a few day and I seem to have developed some feeling for you. No, I definitely like you. So you can just join in the game.

Hyun Suh; There should be some limit to your show.

Young In: Show? No, I’m serious. At the airport, I was putting up a show but not here. I’m sure I like you. I think I can change you for the better .You make me feel relax so I like being with you. How do you feel about me? Quick, answer me!

[End]

Archived