[drama 2006] Mr. Goodbye 미스터 굿바이

Guest tjadl6386

Guest Devache

Hehe...I don't think your theory will work...hehe...

Simply because AJW is the one with the heart problem...how can he give her his unhealthy heart... it wouldn't help her much :)

But he can always give her his other heart...hehe...his love :)

Yep, but I believe they haven't reveal what heart problem he has.

My guess is that he had a heart transplant and maybe he'll die by tissue rejection (maybe, not certain about that since in the drama, it's been 5 yrs).

But before he goes, he could give it to Lee Bo Young.

I hate to say this, but I can't figure any other way this drama is going to end well other then AJW dying.

Because no matter how much he loves LBY, he still has Oh Yoon Ah and what is obviously his kid to be responsible to.

Of course, if they can come out with an alternative solution to the issue.

And I realise Lee Bo Young reminds me a lot of Charlene Choi(HK actress)...but more mature.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Devache...

I'm pretty sure AJW's character will die. So I already prepared myself for that moment...

As long as he lives a meaningful live and has a beautiful love...I think he will feel very happy even if his life is short.

I really want to see how he would live his life...knowing he doesn't have much time left.

Usually people would have a priority shift...but so far he still works very hard.

I really like AJW's character...so strong on the outside yet vulnerable inside.

I hope LBY's character can bring him happiness.

As for the responsiblities toward his kid...Initially, I felt it was unfair for him...but who can resist that adorable kid.

I know that the little boy will also bring him happiness.

I think he will love his kid but I don't think he will love the kid's mom.

I feel bad for her sometimes but she brought that upon herself.

Who would do something like that...can't really understand her.

Michael...Did you get a chance to listen to the soundtrack?

I love the song called My Heart. I think it was song #6.

Most of songs are great too. Overall, it's a good soundtrack.

You can download the high quality mp3 soundtrack here.

Guest mhugh

Hi Devache...

I'm pretty sure AJW's character will die. So I already prepared myself for that moment...

As long as he lives a meaningful live and has a beautiful love...I think he will feel very happy even if his life is short.

I really want to see how he would live his life...knowing he doesn't have much time left.

Usually people would have a priority shift...but so far he still works very hard.

I really like AJW's character...so strong on the outside yet vulnerable inside.

I hope LBY's character can bring him happiness.

Michael...Did you get a chance to listen to the soundtrack?

I love the song called My Heart. I think it was song #6.

Most of songs are great too. Overall, it's a good soundtrack.

You can download the high quality mp3 soundtrack here.

Thanks, Kristy, for the high quality mp3 soundtrack. You spoil me.

I have incomplete OST in wma format, but I haven't had a chance to convert them to mp3 or to listen to them... until now.

I like most of the songs, and you're right, "My Heart" is really good.

I like #5 song, titled, "After you are gone" as well.

As for AJW's heart condition, in the beginning of the episode 4, remember the conversation when kid's mom proposes to AJW to live with her. He said something like, "You know me," to which she replied something like, "Do you really think I'll do anything to endanger my patient's life?" Apparently, his transplanted heart is so fragile that the act of making love is too strenuous for his heart. (I can't help but be curious though. How do they know that it’s too strenuous for his heart?) :P

But I agree with you about AJW having meaningful life and beautiful love. I much prefer quality over quantity. What good is longevity if you can't experience the sweetness and ecstasy of being in love.

BTW, I'm curious as to how LBY's character will pull off showing AJW the snow in summer.

Guest duckweed

As for AJW's heart condition, in the beginning of the episode 4, remember the conversation when kid's mom proposes to AJW to live with her. He said something like, "You know me," to which she replied something like, "Do you really think I'll do anything to endanger my patient's life?" Apparently, his transplanted heart is so fragile that the act of making love is too strenuous for his heart. (I can't help but be curious though. How do they know that it’s too strenuous for his heart?) :P

Kind of hard to believe. Sex is more stressful than his job? His job involves poisoning, sucide and spying and sex will cause him to croak ? As for the third-hand heart idea.. Lets just hope AJW left LBJ some other organ or maybe a hotel instead !

Guest dramaok

Kind of hard to believe. Sex is more stressful than his job? His job involves poisoning, sucide and spying and sex will cause him to croak ? As for the third-hand heart idea.. Lets just hope AJW left LBJ some other organ or maybe a hotel instead !

well sex might not kill him, but sex with the woman he loves might. :unsure:

thx for the sountrack luv.

^ it's worth seeing if you're a fan of AJH and LBH - it's their interactions as a couple in the show that kept me watching. i'm not missing this drama or looking forward to it every week, but when the episodes do air, i download just to check out LBH and AJW's scenes. as for the subplots, i couldn't careless :rolleyes:

recent interview of AJW and LBY, it also has NGs scenes which are cute ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGvJ4nYNDc

I just went over to KBS Global Site and this is what they put up for this drama...

Synopsis...

“Mr. Good-Bye” is a story about the last love of a dying man, Hyeon-seo, who had to live in loneliness after losing his both foster parents but eventually succeeded as a hotelier. He finally finds happiness when he returns to Korea, where he learns that he has a son from a woman who loves him and finally meets his biological mother. The series also sarcastically portrays good and evil of the human world with a hotel as the background. The series also depicts how hotel concierges help hotel customers heal their spiritual wounds. The upbeat and outgoing Young-in, one of the concierges, teaches Hyeon-seo the meaning of love and fights for his love with Su-jin, a doctor.

Yoon Hyeon-seo:Ahn Jae-wook

After his biological parents abandoned him, Hyeon-seo was adopted to the United States but had to live in loneliness after losing his both foster parents. With much effort, he turns into a successful hotelier and one day returns to Seoul, where he meets Young-in. The two begin their topsy-turvy relationship in Las Vegas and eventually fall in love with each other. But their happiness doesn’t last long as Hyeon-seo learns that he will die soon due to complications from a heart surgery he underwent five years ago. He finally tastes happiness when he receives love from two women, Young-in and Su-jin, and learns that he has a son.

Choi Young-in:Lee Bo-young

Outgoing and undaunted, Young-in wins a marathon to win a trip to Las Vegas with her boyfriend, but one day witnesses her boyfriend making love to her best friend. She ends up leaving for Las Vegas alone, where she meets Hyeon-seo and their paths cross. After returning to Korea, Young-in gets a job at a hotel as a concierge and falls in love with Hyeon-seo after much bickering.

Kang Su-jin:Oh Yun-ah

A confident single mother, Su-jin is Hyeon-seo’s college alumnus and a heart surgeon as well as his doctor. She raises her son on her own but her life represents an ideal life of a successful modern-day woman. But she also has a secret: her son is Hyeon-seo’s child. She conceived him on a sperm that Hyeon-seo donated a long time ago. She regards Hyeon-seo as just a friend, but gradually develops warm feelings toward him and decides to win his heart.

Kyle:Cho Dong-hyuk

Kyle’s father, a Japanese businessman, died when Hyeon-seo pushed for the sell-off of his hotel. To avenge his father’s death, he goes to Korea and gets a job as a concierge chief at the Empire Hotel with the ultimate goal to trap Hyeon-seo. He also secretly develops passionate feelings toward Young-in.

Guest Devache

*ribbit*

Haha, sorry I couldn't resist posting that.

Ok joke aside. Well, it's the conflict of morals issue we're having here.

I think AJW leaving her with some other organ might work, but I hope they don't do that, and think of a more innovative ending. Someone dying sucks, and we know usually when one lead dies, the other follows.

I can quote numerous examples: Autumn in my Heart - Song Hye Gyo died, Song Seung Hun sort of committed suicide shortly after

Then you have I"m Sorry I Love You - So Ji Sup died, then Im Soo Jung killed herself with pills too.

Of course there're plenty of counter-examples, but like I said, something different would be best.

And the hotel thing, nice one, got me off my chair.

Guest duckweed

Well I really hope there's a happy ending. Maybe Oh Yun-ah can die and give AJW her heart. Pretty unlikely but at least this way AJW can be together with LBY and they can look after the kid ...

Guest Devache

Well I really hope there's a happy ending. Maybe Oh Yun-ah can die and give AJW her heart. Pretty unlikely but at least this way AJW can be together with LBY and they can look after the kid ...

Not likely considering what Luv posted.

“Mr. Good-Bye” is a story about the last love of a dying man, Hyeon-seo, who had to live in loneliness after losing his both foster parents but eventually succeeded as a hotelier.

Looks like AJW is doomed to die from the start.

Hmm, figured Oh Yoon Ah conceived AJW's baby via artificial means.

Guest schizoar

After reading this thread, it makes me sad to know that the lead actor will die. Can't he just live and be happy? :lol: This will definitely leave me with bittersweet feelings afterwards, I just hope their love will be excellently portrayed by the writers in this drama that his death will seem like, it's just part of life. :tears:

But, I don't want him to die, wahaha.. That's so sad, the doctor said his heart was fine right? Oh well, the heart is one complicated organ, complications can be reason enough to make him die, hehe..

I love the 2 lead actors' chemistry as well as the characters that they portray. They are total opposites and I like that. I like the fact that the guy is so OC (obsessive-compulsive) while the girl is just so carefree and doesn't care about anything, hehe.. The girl will definitely help him enjoy his remaining days alive. She's the best person he needs to be with till 'that' day comes, lol.

But, don't you think the writers are just fooling us or something? They're just saying that he will die coz in real life, many people live long lives after heart transplants. Plus the fact that he has the money to pay for all the medicines and treatments he need. I would think that he will have lesser chances to develop complications because he has all the resources he needs to live longer right? But I guess money can't buy everything right? When it's your time to go, you have no choice.. Okei, I rest my case now. He's gonna die. waaaaaaaaaahhh! :tears::tears::tears:

Guest tjadl6386

We'll have to wait for the episodes to see what will actually happen. The World Cup has brought about a lot of questions about what will happen in this drama. It's getting really exciting. :):D:rolleyes::w00t:B)

Guest mhugh

recent interview of AJW and LBY, it also has NGs scenes which are cute ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGvJ4nYNDc

Thank you, anne, for the NG scene.

AJW and LBY ARE cute together.

I've read in a Korean newspaper recently about AJW's comment on his bachelorhood.

I've got a feeling that he wants to get married, but he still hasn't found the right person yet.

In this NG clip, when asked about marriage, he replies how he doesn't envy married couples.

In the newspaper, he also expressed disbelief and sorrow over Charim and her husband's divorce.

He cited her husband bringing lunch for her when they were shooting Oh! Phil Song,

and how close and caring they were to each other,

and he thought to himself how even people like them get divorced.

Guest cleown

I have to say I like this drama. Lee Bo Young is quite okay in this drama (seen her in Save your last dance, she was annoying), but here I like her.

Ahn Jae Wook looks quite old compared to the rest of the cast.

Hm, I like it. Waiting for the next subs =^.^=

Guest sparklinghugs

wow. so much stuff to read since the last time lol. but yeah it's disappointing that ajw is goin to die, but if people complain enough, maybe the writer will change his/her mind. i mean nobody really knows the ending, rite? like my girl, they changed it last minute ^^

Guest dramaok

no there was no episode shown on monday 6-19. it was preempted by togo vs. swizerland world cup soccer match.

ep. 7 will be shown tomorrow tuesday 6-20.

Archived