[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest rOothx33

Anyone know where I can download the 상상프러스 (SSP) episode? Raw is fine. Thank you! :)

And has 해피 투게더 (Happy Together) part 2 come out yet?

Guest funkindagirl

I am at the point where the whole JH and JD friendship is really bothering me.

JH may be the guardian angel and one of the best friends of JD, this is ok but it's definitely enough and too much for my taste!!!

I feel like throwing up. :ph34r:

I wanna have more of the main couple!!! Please at least for some episodes let them be together as in together...

Not that at the end everyone will be saying there were tooo less of JP-JD scenes... :sweatingbullets:(some ppl here already mentioned it)

On the other hand its KJH's acting. I am not really impressed and it's seems superficial, artificial and it's annoyin.

Maybe I am to much into LMH's and GHS's acting and interaction.

HAHA well it doesnt make me want to throw up but I know how you're feeling.

Although KHJ's acting doesnt bother me much its his character! I swear Ive lost count of the number of scenes where JH & JD have these LOOONG drawn out scenes with only music in the background. For example, in ep 17 the cleaning scene and where he watches her sleeping in bed. It felt like he was kissing her hand for a whole 10 minutes! :wacko:

Lol, scenes with JH make me feel violent for some reason...I have the urge to push him down some flight of stairs.

I didnt mind it before but I guess I've just had enough of him. If he wants JD so much then make a move!

But him acting as the nice guy following her around everywhere is just too tiring...he'd make the most passive, dullest boyfriend ever.

I’m getting increasingly frustrated with the producers of BOF. At this moment I feel the drama is really unbalanced. There is a real lack of JP-JD screen time, and when there is a scene, I always get the feeling it is rushed and not emphasised enough. Take for example the scene where JP saved JD in ep 17 and compare it to the scene JH helps JD with her cleaning job. That takes me to JH , as much as I like him, I think he has way too much screen time with JD, it seems the PD is trying so hard to hammer home the idea of JH as JD’s soulmate, seriously we got the message.

And even side characters such as YJ & Gaeul are getting too much screen time for my liking. I understand that audience would want to see development with the side characters of the show but they should still remain just that... side characters, but when they start to have more screen time than the main couple, it starts to become annoying...for me at least..Also, if you think of giving everyone a story... really don't ignore some other characters ...poor Woobin I feel sorry for him..He really is the neglected one. I know from reading the manga that his character wasn't given much of a story but I thought the Korean ver would be different in that aspect and develop a story for him. I think its funny that many people (including myself) never really cared for Akira in japanese ver or the manga but feel the opposite here...I think we've been hypnotised by Woobin's charm!!!

Yeah I hate to say it but I find the whole YJ story completely boring. I find myself not caring about any of his problems. And I really like Kimbum but too many scenes of him in ep 17 for my liking. He's supposed to be one of the side characters so it seems kinda unnecessary to give him all these angsty family/love problems. What's with all the depressing scenes.

They should just stick to developing a simple relationship with GE, and it would be a lovely contrast to see their relationship developing and moving forwards unlike JD & JP.

AND halve YJ's screen time to accomodate for poor Woobin.

About JH & JD, yeah Ive said it all before, they're always shoving it in our faces I cant breathe

WHY was it a mere cleaning scene between JD & JH was so much longer than JP saving JD. And the latter was way more significant!

Guest she-smiles

to all the viikii viewers,

I just now found a solution to hiding those annoying comments:

at the top right of each video, there should be an X (right where the comments are).

just simply click on it....

then wala! annoying comments are gone! :)

and it's not the translators who comment them.

it's actually the viewers.

so yay, no more of that.

Guest aurora820

I also agree that sometimes, it is a bit too much to a point that I feel JD should be distancing herself or give JH more of a hint that she's not interested.

I'm really tired of JD saying "sunbae!" in surprise almost everytime JH comes

yeah its bugging me too. she can't be comfortable with JH at her side all the time.

it must be so much pressure for her. she has to keep distance.

lovin one person but being together with the other one all the time and make things worse.

Guest Karinojjang~*

I just like to add, in my opinion, JIHOO is deliberately very sweet with JANDI, ( not that he isn't sweet) He makes a lot of effort to make JP jealous so that JP will make his move, just like he did the first time during season 1. We all know JIHOO loves JANDI but JANDI Loves JUNPYO, he is just waiting for JUNPYO, "Why do you think that Junpyo was there in his house, to see JANDI, because JIHOO called him & informed JP,He just wants JUNPYO to see he is very sweet to JANDI,I know he really appreciate JANDI so much, he want JANDI to be happy, because She was very good to him before,just like the flashback of JANDI putting a hankie to his finger, he loves JANDI that's why he deliberately made the kissing of JANDI'S HAND very long so that JUNPYO will see that and get jealous, so that

he'll amke his move, JH can't stand seeing JANDI to be very lonely the same with the holiday trip of the 4 charactersJD-JH JP -JK visit to JK's SPA.

Just like in the SPA scene when , during their dinner, he sliced food for JANDI and he fed JANDI and he's not looking at JUNPYO who was full of jealousy, JIHOO is so intelligent and smart, he knows his bestfriend so much, and also this is his way of loving JD, He's hitting 2 birds in one stone, he can show his love to JANDI by being there for her, He even told JD, I'm not only your Firefighter, but also your lifeguard.He's ahead every step of the way.

But actually I like JIHOO's character in BOF,he is very selfsacrificing, I know in the end his love will never be reciprocated,

I hope the writers in "BOF" will make a twist and find a girl that will love JIHOO so much just like a girl that will make a guest appearance like YOONA hahaha! it's just my wishfull thinking.

I totally agree with u.

that's really SWEET of JIHOO.<3<3<3 *i do love him* lol

in the 17th episode..

what i like are..

JH helped JD to clean. <3 and his smile made my day lol

JP tried to learn to swim! for JD! wowwwwwww!

JH kissed JD's hand. that made me melt*

i agree with some people here that there're a lot of JH and JD scenes right now lol

*did they change the main character? hahhaa* (im kidding) (i like it btw..no matter how)

OMG....thank you SO much! I've been looking for this song forever xD

(forever aka since episode 17) lol

thanks for sharing this. I have been finding this too..

btw, i can't find any translation.....i do want to know it badly. ;( T_T it's a nice song!!!

Guest F4fan

I TOTALLY agree with you about those stupid comments on the top of the viikii videos. I really like viikii because they are very quick about uploading the episodes, but we don't need a running commentary. That's what forums are for.

Beggars can't be choosers. If that's the price I pay for getting quick subs, go ahead. I rather get the subs than wait a week or get no subs.

Guest KiBUm_Love

,ahh yea!!

I want more woobin parts!!

right now the drama is very dark-ish and really serious

more woobin would brighten up the mood :] dont cha' think? (HOKEY POKEY!!)

Guest Aleejayy

I just like to add, in my opinion, JIHOO is deliberately very sweet with JANDI, ( not that he isn't sweet) He makes a lot of effort to make JP jealous so that JP will make his move, just like he did the first time during season 1. We all know JIHOO loves JANDI but JANDI Loves JUNPYO, he is just waiting for JUNPYO, "Why do you think that Junpyo was there in his house, to see JANDI, because JIHOO called him & informed JP,He just wants JUNPYO to see he is very sweet to JANDI,I know he really appreciate JANDI so much, he want JANDI to be happy, because She was very good to him before,just like the flashback of JANDI putting a hankie to his finger, he loves JANDI that's why he deliberately made the kissing of JANDI'S HAND very long so that JUNPYO will see that and get jealous, so that

he'll amke his move, JH can't stand seeing JANDI to be very lonely the same with the holiday trip of the 4 charactersJD-JH JP -JK visit to JK's SPA.

Just like in the SPA scene when , during their dinner, he sliced food for JANDI and he fed JANDI and he's not looking at JUNPYO who was full of jealousy, JIHOO is so intelligent and smart, he knows his bestfriend so much, and also this is his way of loving JD, He's hitting 2 birds in one stone, he can show his love to JANDI by being there for her, He even told JD, I'm not only your Firefighter, but also your lifeguard.He's ahead every step of the way.

But actually I like JIHOO's character in BOF,he is very selfsacrificing, I know in the end his love will never be reciprocated,

I hope the writers in "BOF" will make a twist and find a girl that will love JIHOO so much just like a girl that will make a guest appearance like YOONA hahaha! it's just my wishfull thinking.

I definitely saw that smirk on Jihoo's face at the dinner table. He's playing cupid! He's something that will bring the two back together. Because even though Jihoo's love for Jandi is strong, he's still loyal to his best friend. Like the part when they were making food together (Best friends forever!) and every time Jandi is in trouble and JP can't be there, he calls Jihoo to be there. Even though they hurt each other by "betraying" each other JP and Jihoo always go back to each other...because they're best friends. NO matter how much they fight they understand each other.

Guest dunlop09

I really don't like the idea of the script being adjusted to GHS's condition, so that they can continue filming. I would rather them stop completely until she is completely healed. No compromises! It would really be a pity and a big loss to many parties involved, if they would ruin this drama just because they want release the eps as scheduled. I like it when Jan Di is yelling at Goo Jun Pyo. And what is the point of a drama when the main character cannot speak or say what she wants? The noodleshop scene was ok and yet very unnatural with Jan Di saying not one word or even uttering a sound, just a cough. I wish that they would reshoot that scene and some other scenes, which have been inconsistent with the rest for the release of the DVD.

I don't understand it. Trying to make big money by filming on the fly with all the stress and consequences of that and blowing your chances at the same time.

You really do have a point. But I'm sure that's what the production team would like to to as well. it's just that they can only push back to schedule so far. There are other dramas scheduled to come on after BOF ends. Dramas run into problems if they keep taking up time slots, not only are they delaying their own drama, they are delaying the whole station schedule. From our perspective, the production team may seem selfish and stupid. But these people are experienced, and I'm sure they have thought out each possibility more than we have. They got a tough job. Of course they wouldn't want to sacrifice quality of the drama, but I think they really don't have another choice. Now this brings up a whole new issue with the filming while airing thing... :sweatingbullets: And again, I'm sure they have their reasons for that as well :)

(amidala2984 @ Mar 4 2009, 08:14 AM)

Which left me wondering, how come the Japanese counterpart of Woobin (Akira) didn't look like an extra in HYD Live? So, whose fault is it that Kim Joon's character rarely appears in the drama? The scriptwriter? or the PD? With barely 7 episodes to go, I doubt if they could even fit a background story for Woobin considering the LOVE TRIANGLE's unresolved issues which might stretch for a few more episodes.

Akira was able to get more screen time b/c the Japanese version was more concise about the Yuki/Soujiro relationship. Also the Japanese version allowed a lot more comedy and a lot of those gags/jokes included Akira.

Again, I feel like the K-version has given up a lot of the original feel of the canon to make this drama suited for Korean audiences, some of it good, some of it bad. I feel like the angst is too dragged out with no relief in between at all. In the other versions, in the midst of the angst, there are still some comic relief, but right now all the main characters are just sitting around and continuously moping 24/7, which is probably one of the reasons why rating dropped. Although people like some angst, some love-triangle stuff, audiences tend to gravitate towards uplifting scenes.

Although the maid arc is out there (but if you really think of it in the fictional setting that has been created for this story, I think it's actually pretty reasonable.) I really do hope that it isn't cut out. Because it is one of the few assertions made by Jandi (the Makino character), towards the JD/JP relationship. Supposedly, JunHee(Tsubaki) brings Jandi(Makino) to JP's house to live, after JD's broke-down apartment falls apart. Because of her friendship with JK(Shigeru) and because of JH(Rui), Jandi(Makino) tries again to break things off with JP. She says that, there'd be no way for the two of them to be happy together, if by doing so they hurt all the poeple they love. But JP again tells her that he'll have no one but JD, he doesn't care what she says or thinks. After JP's(Doumyoji) ultimatum, JD finds that she too is not yet ready to give up JP. Thus to legitimize her staying by JP's side in his house, she decides to work as a maid for JP because she says she wants to stay close to him, and for the time being, this is the only way she'll have a reason to do so.

All through out this story, there are and there will be very few times when Jandi is actually assertive of her feelings for JP TO JP. The maid thing is one of them. If Jandi ends up living with JP for any other reason, it'd be ENTIRELY out of character for one, because Jandi, although poor, doesn't just accept charity. Secondly, it'd make her such an unattractive character, at least to me. It takes away from the respect that JANDI is supposed to have for herself. If the producers cut it out, then I'll really dislike the JD in this version, because then she just isn't the female lead character that was intended for this story.

To me, I feel like in this K-version. JP and JD are able to stay away from each other for way too long, and that doesn't really make sense. They're dragging out the separations and not letting them to be together enough. So much so that it's almost strange to me why JP and JD are supposed to be SO MUCH IN LOVE. They've been on like.. one real date, and has hardly done anything else where JP isn't pissed at JD or vice versa. This version expands on the secondary elements of this story very well, but I feel that in doing so, they've sacrificed from the fundamentals of the story.

Guest MiyuKanata09

I agree with everybody here..

please PDnim give us more memorable and lovey dovey moments of the main couple..

their seperation is too much to bear.. let the remaining episodes to show how JP and JD fight TOGETHER...

I wish they will end the whole love-quadruple in next episodes... it was not appealing anymore..

all HYD has this type of story where they only show tini-tiny memorable and happy moments of the main couple.. i really wish the PD will change it. it was more believable that they truly deserve happy ending if they will show more scene where they are dating and experiencing the life of being in love. I don't know anymore why i'm rooting for them. :(

Guest kiwi18

Just to add my .02 cents in about ep 17...

Having watched the other 2 versions (Japanese and Taiwanese) I have to say, I like the way they are handling things in this version the best. I understand all the frustration with the JH and JD relationship as well as how downtrodden JD is. I also am very much irritated with JK and that whole story arc. But I have to say, I think it's being handled pretty well.

As far as the JH/JD relationship... I think more than any other version you get a real sense that JH cares for JD. Which is great. But I definitely agree with the poster who said that JH is being overtly sweet to push JP's buttons to get him to finally DO something about this ridiculous situation he's found himself in. I think JH also knows that to push JD and try and get a reaction out of her or to make her angry wouldn't help things at this point. She has to reach that level of action herself and she's got a lot of pressure on her right now. I think ep 18 will be a definite perk up with some quality JD/JP time, a little more spunk from JD, a wrap up of the JK arc and a moving forward.

As for the YJ/GE storyline... I don't like the looks of his first love. I don't care about his brother. I don't care about his dad. If we're going to develop 2nd character story arcs, let's work on developing Woo Bin too! The only thing that bugs me about "Season 2" is that there isn't as much camaraderie as there was in the 1st one between all the friends. I hope that YJ/GE get together, but at this point I don't care because my heart is breaking for JP and JD. Let's get them together and worry about the others later!!!!

As a side note, I'm very, very excited for the new OST and I was glad that I could make so many people happy by finding that one song by Ast'1. Very eagerly awaiting ep 18! Hope it doesn't disappoint!

why is this drama totally following the original script,

I would like to see some initialization, this way it could boarding the speculation.

at least it will make it more interesting

^ Hmm, i think they've put in a lot of creativity based on the original script. They're not totally following it either. But it does make sense that they do somehow follow it closely, since it's based on the manga and they've used their creativity to reconstruct the sequence of events. It would only help to keep it based on HYD if some of the dialogue were similar to the original~ :sweatingbullets:

ep17.jpg

^ Umm.. i can't help but reminisce back to ep1 of BOF. :rolleyes: I was so happy seeing this at the beginning of ep17. :blush:

Hmm.. it also looks like i'm the only one liking the first OST more than the songs played in ep17. :sweatingbullets: Maybe a bit more exposure will help me come along. The songs were great, however~ some were placed at some awkward moments that just didn't set the tone right.. for me at least. The only one i'm really digging is Hyun Joong/Ji Hoo's acoustic version of "내 머리가 나빠서".. :unsure: Well.. i am much more into the sappy kind of music! :lol: SS501's ending theme for ep17 just didn't set the mood right for the *gasp*- :tears: ending of ep17.xD But i thought it was cute. :P I never really complained about the first OST, i miss it actually. I hope they do not suddenly stop playing some of those songs~~ most of them were very meaningful to each of our characters. It just felt weird to me that close to none of the main songs were played in ep17. :blink: Anyhow, i can't wait to hear/buy volume 2!! :D I wonder how the packaging will be this time.. :rolleyes: heehee.*^^* And i certainly hope some of the songs that were used in the BTS and NGs on the F4 talk show special will be included.xD

Today is the 5th in Korea.. I hope GHS has had a lot of rest and is ready to return to the set. She will need her lips for our JOON DI reconciliation.. making up. :P:rolleyes:

..... I miss JOON DI!!

And Woo Bin! :tongue2:

EDIT.

V

itsArtemis, that is so dang cuute!!

Guest funkindagirl

It'd be very strange if JP and JD get back together minus their usual bickering due to GHS's injury.

They have no choice at this point but to edit her script but I'll miss her yelling at him...the dynamics of their relationship is not the quiet, peaceful one of JD and JH. Haha

Hopefully she'll have a speedy recovery

Guest kchia26

I TOTALLY agree with you about those stupid comments on the top of the viikii videos. I really like viikii because they are very quick about uploading the episodes, but we don't need a running commentary. That's what forums are for.

Actually, those comments are not by the translators but by the viewers...from what I've read, it seems like there is a feature that allows the viewers' comments to appear on the screen. The next time you see it, scroll down and you'll see they are the same comments in the forum below. They are asking viewers to turn that feature off when adding their comments. I'm hoping they listen.

On another note, I'm glad to hear I'm the only one looking forward to more JP/JD moments...even if it's them "fighting" like in the early episodes. Of course, if the PDs and production company come up with a movie that is dedicated to them working on their relationship TOGETHER after going through all these current obstacles, all is forgiven

It'd be very strange if JP and JD get back together minus their usual bickering due to GHS's injury.

They have no choice at this point but to edit her script but I'll miss her yelling at him...the dynamics of their relationship is not the quiet, peaceful one of JD and JH. Haha

Hopefully she'll have a speedy recovery

Exactly. I know many people were annoyed with her screaming and yelling in the first season, but to me I love the loud Jandi the best. I love that she's loud..she loves to eat..and her bickering with JP are the cutest, best part of their relationship because it spice up their romance to a new level..jmo.

Guest quynhn

This show has totally brainwashed me. My new cellphone will definitely be a Samsung Haptic. :blink:

Commercial: http://tieba.baidu.com/%BD%F0%CF%CD%D6%D8/...8ba2d3d9b1d0b6/

I just love these guys!! It's good to see them all SMILE!!!

LOL. Funny video. Hyun Joong, Kim Joon, & Kim Bum are such goof balls. Lol @ Kim Joon digs his nose @ 1:14 and Hyun Joong plays around with the facial wash. Thanks for the video.

Guest xiaomaii

I miss Jan Di and Jun Pyo's bickering moments

but apparently as the story flows right now, I don't think her bickering at Jun Pyo in the Ramen shop would be ideal :sweatingbullets:

I mean you could sense the tense between the three so it's good thing to have a clueless Jae Kyung to change the atmosphere!

I was watching the rerun this afternoon in KBS World and we're at Episode 4

I like the way they show a small peek video of BOF with "See you next time" by the end haha

I was like, we're almost more than half way of the drama..

And anytime soon it'll be over!

So as much as I enjoy ranting anything that I want to say

I just came to appreciate all the efforts the production has for us

Without them there would have been no such thing as Korean version BOF. :blush:

I'M GONNA MISS BOF SO BADLY!!

As KHJ said on one of his messages, for now you have to enjoy his character Yoon Ji Hoo

I was like so sad that it occured to me, yeah, sooner it'll be over.. :tears: