[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest betchay

My imagination.. :sweatingbullets:

JP will suddenly appear in her new house.

Coz its late, he'll spend the night there.

Of course.. the little brother in the middle of their bed.

Next day, JD busy preparing their breakfast.

It will be cool & sweet, if she will prepare their

lunchbox, as we know she still owe him that.

JP will bring his prepared lunch box in their F4 lounge area.

And be surprised when he saw his look-alike ricebox.

Cute..... :lol::w00t:

Hope JiHoo is not present coz i don't want want him to get hurt.

Just YJ & WB are enough to give him a tease!! :lol::lol:

Guest F4fan

The 2nd part of the OST is nice...

Personally I love '아쉬운 마음인 걸' by Ast 1 (the song which appeared where JK feeding JP pop corn in the theatre)

and ofcoz also another new song from SS501 (Where JH JD playing the car in the concert hall?)

However I can't find the new song sing by T-max o.O, did I miss any part of the drama T^T

We didn't hear it yet because that's JD-JP's theme and they weren't together in Episode 17. Maybe we will hear it Episode 18.

Guest Jesw_21

Hi all,

here's my little contribution for this thread... hope you all like it.

screencaps that i did for Epi 17.

Junpyo went to Jihoo's house and saw JiHoo kissed Jandi's hand...

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000709942.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000714547.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000717416.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000730429.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000737970.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000752418.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000767066.jpg

the next day Junpyo gave Jandi a cold look when he met her by chance :(

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000862561.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000860726.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000866999.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000887186.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_000899665.jpg

Joonpyo was staring into space in the cinema on the 'official 1st date' with Jaegyung, then Jaegyung stuffed some popcorns into his mouth...

obviously he was annoyed but he stayed put.

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001252050.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001260259.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001261460.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001265931.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001269701.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001271003.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001275774.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001279945.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001281246.jpg

then to teddy bear museum-

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001311076.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001311877.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001314713.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001317482.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001319551.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001320719.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001325791.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001327392.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001334900.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001334499.jpg

to Nansan cable car ride-

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001352584.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001353552.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001398263.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001404669.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001401133.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001433932.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001440539.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001441173.jpg

ManE17090303HDTVXViDavi_001442874.jpg

Guest xx-outsider-xx

Would like to share the new songs that appeared in the latest episode (episode 17). They are just ripped version though :blush: . I hope this one will be in the OST volume 2. or did it come out already?

If someone can tell me the titles, much appreciated.

song 1; during jae kyung and junpyo date. i'm loving this song. too bad its first appearance is for this couple instead of junpyo-jandi. huhu. but it's ok coz i like jk too. she one cool girl, third-wheeler notwithstanding.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G9NN8100

song 2; when jihoo was having a drive at the art center when helping jandi cleaning up the place. Looks like fun thing to do, if it weren't for the fact that jandi did it to make ends meet.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05YRZCJ2

Overall, episode 17 was ok. only my selfish self wish that the ramen-eating scene was shot before the GHS accident, coz it would be awesome and much more in character for jandi to participate herself. plus, through that scene (before, during, and after the eating), goo junpyo was treating the whole ordeal like how i imagine he would have reacted if jandi herself was the one who's eating the ramen. it would be cute. i like jk, but i sooo want jd to own this scene. i will appreciate this scene more if it were so. ;)

To be honest, for some reason, i'm not digging much anymore the yijung-gaeul storyline. maybe because suddenly kim bum just seems out of it for this angst-y portrayal (it works just fine in east of eden tho. *sigh*). in BBF, lately, i'm thinking he's better off playing the sweet, playboy yijung till the end. and the brother, was he nervous while acting? huhu. i could hear the cups and the saucers create trembling sounds when he was serving them to the customers. hihi. :D Also, the whole yijung's monodialogue or whatever you call it was dragged longer than necessary. it was better if they had use that screen time to make better shot at the jp-saves-jd scene. i feel that that scene was poor, incomplete, loose etc. in short, it could have been better! :fury:

and i obviously not the first, nor do i think i'm gonna be the last to say but "what happens to woobin dearie?" lol. :lol: i guess his appearance just don't fit anywhere in this episode except for that one brief moment at the show/party, eh? at this point i dont even mind if they jut randomly put woobin and jk together. they don't have to be a couple, just create some interactions between them here and there after jk and jp broke up later just to give audience some sense or mere illusion that these two have some possibility of an item in the future. haha. ;)

and i wonder when will the right moment be when junhee the so-called jandi-junpyo supporter will walk the talk.her apperance are really random. what was she supposed to be doing on daily basis really. is she some CEO somewhere. she appears unannounced, and then at times when you expect her to be part of a scene, she's not there (i.e. junpyo's birthday celebration - that's just plain weird. supportive sister or what?) :ph34r:

Last but not least, my ultimate wish is that BBF, from here onwards, please pick up the pace. let's not drag the separation anymore. End the series with a bang! with lots of memorable scenes in between. B) Please don't make me feel like a fool by the end of this 3-months-walking-on-cloud-9~ :lol:

Guest funkindagirl

Jun Pyo learning how to swim cracked me up!! :lol:

So cute of him using a floater board.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/b...830/smiley7.gif

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/betchay830/swim.gif

Lol that was a really funny scene...BUT

I always thought it wasnt so much the fact that he couldnt swim but that he was truly AFRAID of swimming in the water.

I felt it would have been a significant scene to show how he actually overcame his fear for the one he loves, yet the scene reduced it to merely a simple problem of 'oh he cant swim so he had swimming lessons'

It seemed they glazed over what could have been a very important achievement for JP and also acknowledging just how much he cares for JD

If they were going to show that he just had a few swimming lessons then I just think well why didnt he do that right after JD got cramps in New Caledonia instead of sitting alone in the pool stewing over his childhood experience.

Does anyone else think that they should make JK and WooBin end up together in the end?? The need to make up for all the eps that shows only 2 secs of Woobin! He needs some lovin too...that would definitely complete the show. Everyone will have a happy ending. So we should get together to fight for JD-JP, SOEulmates, JK-WB, and the return of Jihoo's love OR have him happy happy with his grandpapa. :D now that's what I call a happy ending

I really want them together but I just dont think its going to happen and if it did I think they should've hinted at it during the part where Woobin & YiJung took JK out to distract her from JP.

Because otherwise if they suddenly introduce it, it'll feel a bit weird.

Although I guess it'd make sense if he happened to be the shoulder to cry on when she splits from JP...but then again I dont see why he would be, it doesnt fit his personality.

On another note, new songs! Which is good! Except I felt like the production team went a bit too song-happy and decided to play every single new song they acquired in this episode. When the episode ended with Jandi's gloomy look, what was with the happy music? :unsure:

Well SS501's song is the ending theme so I guess they cant exactly cater for every individual type of ending whether it be happy or sad. And I remember there was a drama I watched and nearly always ended on something serious or angry and then the ending song would come and it'll be happy music. Lol.

thanks to : misshakissh & oc-ca for the explication

of the goong soong..

i know they are the same pd but..

why use the same song? XD

well.. they can make one new..

No I think we were just saying it sounded very familiar to music in Goong but the song by A'ST1 is original for BOF.

I'm sorry for asking this in sudden..but could someone tell me that the doctor is Jiho's grandfather? if he is Jiho's grandfather, why Jiho didn't live with his grandfather? actually, i thought his granfather was dead together with his parent coz i remember when he said that he live alone coz his family were died in accident..if the doctor is his grandfather, why he become a doctor rite now? didn't Jiho's family all is musician?

thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Yes the doctor is Jihoo's grandfather. There's a misunderstanding between them where they both believe its their fault his parents died and JH thinks his grandfather blames him for that. So I think its because the grandfather couldnt bear to live with him or thought JH was better off.

I dont think the grandfather would've considered being a musician as he was the former Korean president. lol.

And I suppose being a musician would mean being in the spotlight again which he probably doesnt want.

Another good news is I suppose this drama is extended to 24 episodes I suppose? At the last part of the special Min ho said something like they still have 8 more episodes to meet us from 17, 18 so that means it adds up to 24 episodes? Hopefully it's true!

No the drama was always supposed to be 24 episodes from the very beginning but it wont be extended further from that.

I'm glad to hear that the episodes won't be extended beyond 24 (assuming that this has definitely been confirmed). Korean dramas always have their "hump" phase when the drama just really drags and you're almost ready to stop watching it. Also, while I would never want anyone to get injured, I personally think that it's almost fortuitous that GHS got injured because it forced the PD to move the plot along. I seriously had enough of watching episode after episode of nothing but flashbacks and zoom-ins of close face shots. JD looking sad and crying, JH looking sad, JP sad, all with sappy music in the background. Obviously, I'm just a little frustrated because I really like the OST and don't think that it's sappy or anything, but the way the drama was moving along, everything was getting really lame.

And, as much as I'm interested in the GE-YJ side plot, I really don't need anymore background on YJ. I'm just happy to see them get together or not get together in the end. Although they are a cute couple, they are still just a side story. I'd much rather have more action happening between JD and JP. Remember the good old days (episodes 1-4) when so much was happening in each episode? I miss those days.

Regarding the maid arc that some have posted about, I hope they don't follow an exact maid arc. I know that this drama is based on a manga, but it's only BASED on it. It shouldn't have to follow it exactly and the maid arc is just too over the top. It works fine in a manga, but for a drama, even one as dramatic and over-the-top as Korean dramas tend to be, the story just doesn't work. I think it would be better if they change it a little and perhaps have JD live at JP's house because she is injured or something like that; maybe her shoulder injury.

And speaking of the shoulder injury, did anyone else find it weird in episode 17 that JD suddenly couldn't swim? I mean, she was swimming just fine in epsiode 15(?) when she learned that she couldn't swim anymore. She even did one final lap during her retirement ceremony. Also, I remember once when I was young and ended up in the pool unable to swim and I eventually just walked to the edge of the pool. I sank to the bottom and walked and then pushed myself up when I got to the edge. There's no reason for someone as comfortable in the water as JD should be to panic and freak out like she did. Why not just flip on her back and do the backstroke with one arm, huh? Of course, that just wouldn't have been cool. Funny, but not cool. And I guess JP would have learned to swim for nothing then.

I just watched the F4 special n I agree that KHJ was way too quiet than his usual self. Tho attempted to joke, he sumhow less enthusiast, probably he still worry abt GHS accident n feel bad that she can't be wif the rest of them.

In ep 17, I kinda mad at JH becos he never make his feeling clear to JD. Of cos the viewer can see that he's head over heels in luv wif JD but to JD he either said the wrong thing or beat around the bush which wasn't clear to her. Imagine up to now she still think that JH's luv is only for SH for all we know he rtn from Paris becos he only he realised how much JD really means to him.

And I luv the way JP told JD that he's overcome his fear just bcos he can"t stand watching other man save her. Good one Goo Jun Pyo...after all the trouble he went tru just to tell JD that she was just a stain he wanT to erase, yet now he feverish told her that...

Guest akr49

i also find it funny how she was cleaning those huge glass windows (with all force.. which is obviously tiring and 'painful' on her shoulders) yet couldn't swim for short time. ahahhahaha

and about WooBin. its really sad that he can't have longer airtime. i feel like his not an F4. if only i can join other protesting about it..

Guest F4fan

JH did try telling JD about his feelings for her. In Episode 15 when he dropped off JD after the birthday party, he started to say that "what I said to JP at the Macau airport...." JD then cuts him off and says "I know you were only saying that because you were angry at JP". JH stays quiet, kind of disappointed and said "I guess you are right." Then, he reverts to being the wise, friend, older brother and gave JD some advice "What you see, you cannot trust. Sometimes you have to trust on faith."

---

I think JP saying that "he would rather drown than see another man rescue her" kind of explains away how he overcame his fear of swimming and why he learned to swim. His love for her and his desire to protect her overrides his fear.

Guest samgirl

so i was just at GHS's thread and saw a picture of JH and Jandi holding hands. seriously PD should get MinSun couple back together and share tv space for atleast more than 2 minutes without JK or JH hovering in the background.

Guest kchia26

so I've watched Epi 17 twice now...do you guys think that when her brother left her the mesage that someone was waiting for her at the playground, that she ran there thinking it was JP? And then gets a hug from the back and only after a second later realizes it is not JP but JK...how disappointing!!

Not sure how many of you also loved watching Goong...but I'm really hoping that they will have a better closing in BOF. Goong had a happy ending but it felt that like after 23 epis of fighting and misunderstanding, we only had 1.5 epis of them having any reasonable length of happy times together. I rather give up some of the additional twists that was in the JP version (like the amnesia episode) so the ending does not get rushed

2rek3d1.jpg

Possibly the first time i went head over heels for Ji Hoo over Jun Pyo.

he just looked So good in this scene.

It looks like a drawing and there's just so much going on here (besides jaekyung and junpyo kissing)

it can pass for a cover of a romance novel or something haha

PS i think im learning to leave my brain at the door when I watch this drama, cus I'm complaining less about it. XP

Guest ahsieee

man, as weird as this sounds, I really dont think the fiancee is that bad ._.

Sure shes annoying, but shes really nice. I mean, heck, if she was the main character instead of Jandi, people would love her!

Maybe its just cause...I like Jihoo with Jandi? ._. bleh. fricken jandi! If i had jihoo, someone as sweet, smart, and handsome as him; he would be MINE by now! T_T

after seeing the preview for 18, i feel really bad for her. she didn't know anything and she only meant well..

i agree she's annoying, but she's a sweetheart! and i COMPLETELY agree.. i love JH and JD together

Possibly the first time i went head over heels for Ji Hoo over Jun Pyo.

he just looked So good in this scene.

It looks like a drawing and there's just so much going on here (besides jaekyung and junpyo kissing)

it can pass for a cover of a romance novel or something haha

PS i think im learning to leave my brain at the door when I watch this drama, cus I'm complaining less about it. XP

sorry for cutting it short lilshinhwafreak~ i took out the img

i agree with you. he looks amazing here, though for me, it's not the first time i went head over heels for JH.. i've been from the start =x

that's a great shot of them together.. i know it's not going to happen, but i can't help wanting JH and JD to actually happen :[

love this drama ;]

i don't remember who asked, but the preview for ep 18 was posted a few pages back. they're all over youtube too!

Guest ethopia

after seeing the preview for 18, i feel really bad for her. she didn't know anything and she only meant well..

i agree she's annoying, but she's a sweetheart!

and totally agree.. i love JH and JD together

even though i love JH .. i dont want anymore JD and JH moments... i want the true

couple back... JP and JD.. i miss them!!!!!

even though i love JH .. i dont want anymore JD and JH moments... i want the true

couple back... JP and JD.. i miss them!!!!!

Same here, I want to see the last 6-7 episodes fill with Joondi moments only..no JD/JH or JP/JK. The PD had been dragging this triangle for tooooooooo long that I'm getting really annoyed.

To be honest, for some reason, i'm not digging much anymore the yijung-gaeul storyline. maybe because suddenly kim bum just seems out of it for this angst-y portrayal (it works just fine in east of eden tho. *sigh*). in BBF, lately, i'm thinking he's better off playing the sweet, playboy yijung till the end. and the brother, was he nervous while acting? huhu. i could hear the cups and the saucers create trembling sounds when he was serving them to the customers. hihi. :D Also, the whole yijung's monodialogue or whatever you call it was dragged longer than necessary. it was better if they had use that screen time to make better shot at the jp-saves-jd scene. i feel that that scene was poor, incomplete, loose etc. in short, it could have been better! :fury:

And, as much as I'm interested in the GE-YJ side plot, I really don't need anymore background on YJ. I'm just happy to see them get together or not get together in the end. Although they are a cute couple, they are still just a side story. I'd much rather have more action happening between JD and JP. Remember the good old days (episodes 1-4) when so much was happening in each episode? I miss those days.

I completely agree with both of you; YJ's story should be limited to just include his little romance with GA. They have added and introduced his first love which is fine to give a little background as to why YJ is behaving the way he does. However, I am not in favor of expanding it further to include the angst with the dad and his brother because they don't have a significant bearing to the overall story. I did not like the dramatic scene between him and the dad as well as the brother. Even that scene with his first love was not necessary. These three scenes should have been devoted to the main characters JP and JD. I prefer YJ's character to remain the easy going playboy who in the end falls in love with GA's character.

This scene was ok but the other scenes with the father, brother and first love was too much.

yjga_ep17.jpg

and i obviously not the first, nor do i think i'm gonna be the last to say but "what happens to woobin dearie?" lol. :lol: i guess his appearance just don't fit anywhere in this episode except for that one brief moment at the show/party, eh? at this point i dont even mind if they jut randomly put woobin and jk together. they don't have to be a couple, just create some interactions between them here and there after jk and jp broke up later just to give audience some sense or mere illusion that these two have some possibility of an item in the future. haha. ;)

and i wonder when will the right moment be when junhee the so-called jandi-junpyo supporter will walk the talk.her apperance are really random. what was she supposed to be doing on daily basis really. is she some CEO somewhere. she appears unannounced, and then at times when you expect her to be part of a scene, she's not there (i.e. junpyo's birthday celebration - that's just plain weird. supportive sister or what?) :ph34r:

I like WB; KJ is a great actor and adds to the overall story. I do want to have some more of him but not at the expense of the main characters being shoved in the background; I don't want another YJ/GA side story.

Definitely, I prefer more of Jun-hee trying to help our main couple JP and JD reconcile rather than a WB side story.

Last but not least, my ultimate wish is that BBF, from here onwards, please pick up the pace. let's not drag the separation anymore. End the series with a bang! with lots of memorable scenes in between. B) Please don't make me feel like a fool by the end of this 3-months-walking-on-cloud-9~ :lol:

Agree.

And speaking of the shoulder injury, did anyone else find it weird in episode 17 that JD suddenly couldn't swim? I mean, she was swimming just fine in epsiode 15(?) when she learned that she couldn't swim anymore. She even did one final lap during her retirement ceremony. Also, I remember once when I was young and ended up in the pool unable to swim and I eventually just walked to the edge of the pool. I sank to the bottom and walked and then pushed myself up when I got to the edge. There's no reason for someone as comfortable in the water as JD should be to panic and freak out like she did. Why not just flip on her back and do the backstroke with one arm, huh? Of course, that just wouldn't have been cool. Funny, but not cool. And I guess JP would have learned to swim for nothing then.

I agree. It is weird because one can float by lying still, flat on your back the way a cork floats on water; one can even fall asleep in that position. I am not a good swimmer but I always float on my back; the best relaxation technique and helps clear the mind while floating on the water. A few years back, there was a story of this little girl who fell from her father's yatch and no one noticed her screams; she spent I think two nights on water until a fisherman found her. What the little girl did was just float on her back and sleep.

But in fairness, one can die even in shallow water with severe muscle cramps so I think that is what Mr. pd man wants to depict. I have no complaints cuz realistic or not, love to watch JP saving JD.

Guest F4fan

Same here, I want to see the last 6-7 episodes fill with Joondi moments only..no JD/JH or JP/JK. The PD had been dragging this triangle for tooooooooo long that I'm getting really annoyed.

I want JP-JD moments so we can hear their song by T-MAX and J. That's a lot of anticipation.

Guest ahsieee

ack! completely forgot! dunlop09, thank you for translating all the news articles for us :]

and for clarifying where exactly GHS had surgery- from the shots at the Kimbap Chungook, you don't see anything noticeable :]

THANKS!

Guest kht2015

I know there is a growing number of JH/JD shippers now but the basis of Hana Yori Dango is about JP/JD, so they will have to be together soon and end up together. If not, then it's just another forgettable idol drama. The theme is JP's love for JD and will do whatever it takes to be with her until the end. It is also one of the main reasons why I am a huge fan of this manga and the numerous adaptations of it. No matter who or what is thrown their way, they will get through that and find their way to each other. The other reason is the F4's friendship for each other. Regardless of what happens, their friendship will withstand and they will be there for each other as they have always been since they were little. Thus, if JH/JD end up together, then it's again, just another forgettable idol drama, in my opinion. Sure you can change the sequences and the scenes/sequences around, but the main theme is still the same.

I do, however, also wish for more yijung-gaeul storyline, but it's not the main storyline so if they do not end up together, I will be sad but not very disappointed.