[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

others being cast

Ahn Suk Hwan and Im Yeh Jin

LOL, considering this is a Jeon Ki Sang drama, Ahn Suk Hwan is sort of expected. It's gonna be awesome. Who are they going to be, tho? Don't we already have Kang Nam Gil as Makino's dad? Hmm, probably he's the butler?

^ Kang Nam Gil wasn't official... I'm sure Ahn Sukhwan + Im Yehjin are Jandi's parents... They've already filmed the scene where Ahn Sukhwan drops GHS off at school in their laundry truck, lmao.

The new F4 looks pretty good so far. I love them (esp. Kim Bum :sweatingbullets: ). I love GHS, but that's not really a flattering picture of her. Now, I really can't wait for the official cast pictures/posters.

From korean celeb photos thread , virvir111

2-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

the Dad was driving her to school on her first day in their laundry business truck,, amongst the rest of nice cars.(nice nice nice cars.. i mean from all the HOOGIs i read..) and yelling "HWAITING!" his decking out his sunglasses and a SUIT that he is "borrowing" from one of their laundry place custumer..

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Credit: as stated.

She looks so cute with the haircut.. and her HWAITING face expression :D

I'm so officially in love with the cast!! :wub:

And I'm excited that Ahn Suk Hwan's added to the cast, his comedic flair is always oh so entertaining. :lol:

Have a good feeling about the drama.. Hyun Jung and Kim Bum are already attractive enough..:wub:

^ I was in love with Makino - Japanese version, don't know how I can adjust myself to love Korean Makino.. I think it's great if she puts on some weight.

The boys, I am ok with casting.

Guest luthien

GHS is so cute in the uniform!

Ahhhh... I loved the Japanese version. I'm a big fan of the manga and anime, which I've read and watched way before the drama came out. I didn't even know that the TWN Meteor Garden was based on it until I researched more about the manga. Being disappointed with MG (with MG2 totally killing and mocking the manga), I feared the same thing might happen with HYD. Especially when Jdramas are much shorter, and there's like 31 volumes to cover, it was a worry. MatsuJun's height bother me at the time, and I really didn't like him then, however I've come to love his version of Domyoji. Not as violent and somewhat more immature. But when I watched how they incorporated the important elements of the manga and brought it into live action version, it was just brilliant. It didn't follow the manga, but the screenwriters did a fabulous job to still come up with something refreshing yet still loyal to the manga. It might sound confusing, but that's how I feel. Even though I knew how the story went, I was still excited to see them show it in the drama. The Makino/Domyoji/Rui/Soujiro is somewhat different in the manga vs drama, but they're well written and acted that I cant help but fall for the same characters all over again.For 9 episodes + 12 in the second season, the production and writing was brilliant.

Well, Kdrama and Jdrama has different style and humor. I just hope that they stay loyal to the manga, not just in the writing but the essence of it.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: JavaBeans

Rounding out the Boys Before Flowers cast

November 14th, 2008 // by javabeans

kkotkim109c749ha6.jpgkkotlee109fdf2cr9.jpg

Kim So-eun (Yuki), Lee Shi-young (Sakurako)

Yeah, I know I’m posting a lot about Boys Before Flowers, but nothing else is getting me all that excited these days. Plus, it goes to show just how anticipated this drama is when we get news reporting not just on the leading actors, but even the very peripheral members of the cast.

So, with the main characters all lined up (the boy-men of Flower Four, main character Makino, beautiful model Shizuka, and tough older sister Tsubaki), now it’s time to turn our attentions to the rest.

Gu Hye-sun’s (Makino) character’s best friend Ga-eul (meaning Autumn; Yuki in the manga) is 19-year-old new actress Kim So-eun — and yes, she will share a “fresh” and “dramatic” storyline with Kim Bum’s Soujiro (er, So Yi-jung).

Sakurako will be taken on by 24-year-old Lee Shi-young, who recently drew attention for her role as Yeon-hwa in the sageuk drama Kingdom of the Wind. I haven’t seen her act, but she definitely looks the part — fresh and innocent on the outside, but potentially “I will cut you” on the inside. Her character’s name is Oh Min-ji.

kkotdad110a72f3vh5.jpgkkotparkjibin110abf8cwq6.jpgkkotmom110af07bjd2.jpg

The Geum family

Of particular note are the members of main character Jan-di’s family. (By the way, it does appear that Gu’s character name has been changed from Yeon-woo to Jan-di, which means grass.)

First you have her father, played by actor Ahn Seok-hwan, now in his fourth drama collaboration with director Jeon Ki-sang. You probably recognize him as Jae Hee’s dad from Delightful Girl Chun-hyang and Witch Amusement, or from My Girl, or as the China-phile (is that a word?) minister in Hong Gil Dong. The dad operates a dry-cleaning store and the Geum family is staunchly middle-class (though closer to the lower end).

Mom is gonna get some Goong comparisons, since she’ll be played by Im Ye-jin, who played Yoon Eun-hye’s mom in that drama (which is funny since the Japanese Hanadan mom always reminded me of her).

Jan-di’s little bro is a precocious computer geek played by 13-year-old Park Ji-bin (My Man’s Woman, Yi San). (Sorry, that picture is probably a year or two old.)

kkotkuk10bd4c1gh8.jpgkkotjang10c0542dy5.jpgkkotmin10c371bfk5.jpg

The mean girls

Now that our big names have been doled out among the main cast, there are some new faces mixed in with the rest of the cast. These tertiary characters have been cast on the basis of their closeness to the original manga characters, as well as their ability to mesh well the principals.

The three mean girls at school who torment Jan-di (named Jin-hee, Seon-ja, Mi-sook) will be played by the trio above. From left to right, they are Kook Ji-yeon (who reminds me of Bin), Jang Ja-yeon, and Min Young-won (put on some clothes, woman).

Kook is a 24-year-old model, Jang is a 26-year-old model, and Min is an actress of indeterminate age who’s done an episode of Drama City and had a role in a 2003 drama Twenty Years Old.

Jan-di and Ga-eul work in a joohk (rice porridge) restaurant run by Kim Ki-bang (Lovers, Thank You, New Heart), at right. His role is a comic one, as his character believes he receives messages from aliens.

kkotkibang210cd77fyw1.jpg

The drama began filming on November 5, and will travel abroad for its overseas shoots sometime mid-month. The 24-episode drama premieres at the end of December on KBS.

Here we have Jan-di (Gu Hye-sun) on her bike, and Jun-pyo (Lee Min-ho) sporting Tsukasa’s famous permed hair:

images

Boy, does he look the part! Kim Hyun-joong gives his Ji-hoo character Rui’s soft touch:

images

Kim Bum as So Yi-jung (Soujiro):

images

Kim Joon as Woo-bin (Akira):

images

Here is where I start to worry that the Korean version will mirror the Japanese one too closely… I hope they don’t take that path (and I have hope), because the comparisons are going to be inevitable anyway, and we don’t need to see an exact replica. Below, Ji-hoo parts with Han Chae-young’s glamorous character at the airport:

images

This time Ji-hoo talks with Jan-di while the rest of F4 wait nearby:

images

These may be hard to make out, but they are of Gu Hye-sun in her high school uniform. The Korean student who posted these on her blog today (Nov. 13) explains that she’d arrived at school in Daegu to find buses bearing the title “Boys Before Flowers” on the side. She texted her friends and took phone-cam photos while Gu Hye-sun shot her scene. Crew members joked that her uniform was obviously fake (re: the short length). The blogger said Gu was adorable and pretty, but her makeup was way too white.

images

Lee Min-ho wears the perm well, imo. The blogger who took the photos points out that the sunglassed and hatted man in the first pic is Director Jeon. Apparently Lee had come out to watch them shooting a scene he wasn’t in (allowing fans a closer look than expected), and the director eventually reminded him, “I told you not to come out before I called you.”

kkotbts1511ba1cfpo2.jpgkkotbts1611b06b9ke8.jpg

(Who’s excited now?)

Via Free Zone News

Guest heorungnghenhac

Bravo, Kim SO eun is Yuki. She looks cute.

yuki.jpg

I think the rest of casting is so good, the scenes in drama are also luxurious. Amazing!

Wow, wow, the pictures look fantastic, now I am really looking forward to this drama, it's like a dream, when I first watch the taiwan version, and then there's the Japan version and now it's going to be korean version, I can't wait for it. Goo Hye sun looks a bit too old for Makino but I guess she should be able to pull off the character well, given her acting in Pure 19. I am definitely watching this drama.

BASED on TV RATINGS, i have to say that BBF is under pressure because, they have to regain KBS's REIGN on RATINGS.. :D

oh, and HAN CHAE YOUNG'S LOOKS.... :D-no comment. but i she can look like a BAD GIRL.. :D

oh and i'm really not used too seeing GOO HYE SUN with that kind of look..

this is like HANA YORI DANGO, 30 years... LOL!

Guest Kissari

The more members of the cast I see, the more I can't wait for this drama to air. I am especially excited to see Park JiBin. I couldn't believe his talent when watching YiSan. So young but with more talent than a lot of the adult actors.

Guest Tobemist

Bravo, Kim SO eun is Yuki. She looks cute.

I think the rest of casting is so good, the scenes in drama are also luxurious. Amazing!

I agree... the cast is suprisingly very good. I am loving Kim So Eun as Yuki (Ga Eul), even more so than Makino, to be honest... haha :) So the people at dcinside did know that she's been casted beforehand.

And I can already imagine how fun the family will be. Ahn Seok Hwan is hilarious (although sometimes it is not done on purpose haha...) and Park Ji Bin as Susumu! Spot on. :)

I wonder if that's the full cast list. I did remember seeing Shigeru's name in the synopsis... oh well... :) I'm pretty sure they'll do a good job casting whoever is left, if there's any, that is. So far so good! Yay! :D

Love the casting so far.

Its rather smart to cast newbies for the supporting roles, and even some main roles.

And IMO, LeeMinHo rocks his curls way better than his predecessors, especially Matsumo Jun, but that's just me xP

GooHyeSun looks kinda too childish with her hair up in two ponytails, but she looks nice with her hair down.

I love the new pictures! GHS's uniform is really adorable.

The rest of the cast is also shaping up really well... LMH actually looks pretty good with the perm. Jerry got his hair back to "normal" after a couple of episodes, and I wasn't too fond about Jun's perm (in the first or second season :sweatingbullets: ).