Shin Haechul's Radio Broadcast About Dream Concert & Suju's Manager's Cyworld Entry

Guest Soy

Guest smile-jw

agreed 100%

You suju, tvxq, and ss501 fans might disagree with everything and just be a sore loser about it, but its true. it was rude and disrespectful.

yes snsd fans did wrong. I know they did. But if no one started this, it wouldnt have continued.

Dirty fans create dirty performances and dirty performances create dirty cultures.

I agree with this line the most.

Do the fans have any idea how bad this makes teens in Korea look? Now all my friends (who are not kpop fans, but read about this) are sterotyping all asian fans to be psyhco and crazy. <_< thanks so much.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pencilcasee.

I know both the manager and SHC's comments will only add fuel to the fire, but if there's no one willing to take a stance, all these fans will just continue to act out even more. I really commend both the manager and SHC for taking a stand. It's not every day we see a celebs come out and say stuff like this. & who can blame them with the types of attitudes we see in both fans and antifans. The things we see fans do for their respected celebs are touching and nice, but those acts can be overshadowed by how rude the can be. Being silent is one thing, but booing, etc is taking it to another level. Same with the vandalism.

Guest ilubSMTOWN!

OMG I LOVE THESE TWO MEN!!!!!!!

WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS SO CORRECT, AND I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT THIS DC WAS JUST A STUPID DISASTER FULL OF

STUPID PEOPLE WHO REALLY DON'T KNOW ANY MANNERS!

I'm really glad that these comments went public, or else I seriously think this world is starting to turn upside down.

Fandom is supposed to be something supportive, and a good thing, NOT something where you use to team up and put down

other artists you're supposedly not satisfied/happy with.

Super Junior's manager (to ELF, I guess?):

What were you thinking when you were cheering for SuJu's rival groups? (talking about ss501)

Who do you think is the biggest obstacle for SuJu Happy right now?

^ How come he says that as if the fans should NOT be cheering for other groups? D;<

It's like he is turning ELF against Triple S [and other artists].

Doesn't he want the SuJu fans and SS501 fans to get along, too?

He stretches the point of ONLY cheering for the artists in SM TOWN when he talks about DBSK under SM Ent. =___=

*cough* [sarcasm] Gee, I wonder why.. [/sarcasm] $$$ (same company=money?)

My gosh... either the translation is terrible, or his wording is THAT bad..

Shin Haechul (about Cassies/ELF/Triple S)

They are just 3rd class fans who have no life.

o_____o Wow.. That was rude..

I doubt the fanclubs' artists would actually respect that man after calling their fans that..

This thread is almost as biased as those pointless anti-SNSD blogs >___>

Guest Lishathestain

Since he's 10x more famous then them, I don't think he need the attention. As for the situation with the fans, I don't think it's gonna get better unless the celebs themselves do something about it. I think they need to have a press conference and just be like. "Stop it, do you think this makes us happy."

word.

but i mean..i bet some of these big artists are actually scared that their fans would turn anti if they say something like that.. sigh.

this is when the power of fans becomes too much..

Though he is brave for speaking out.. he just only added to this whole mess..

But yea fans are really messed up, not just cassi,elf,triple,

but also snsd fans,,,

this is good cause he's just speaking out the truth and no one going to blame him for that. Everyone just has different opinions of Korean culture. celebrities are just humans too (they have feelings) and we (fans) should just respect them. Learn some manner!

Guest cherrie.7

to be honest, i'm not a snsd but hearing about how they were treated at the concert,

i wasnt too happy either. =\

and OMGG i agree with everything he said.

i'm glad there's someone who's not afraid to speak his mind, cuz sometimes the netizen and antis needs to get a life.

seriously, what they did was just rude and disrespectful to the artists on stage, whether they're huge or not.

Guest poco123

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think that silent treatment was as worst as what was really going on during & after the concert.

One incident that made me outraged was the SNSD fanboys.....they make SNSD look so bad.....

Sometimes I don't know why I bother reading about DC....it makes me feel sad inside.

I agree. If you're a celebrity, you can't expect everyone to like you and cheer for you.

About what Shin Haechul said, it's nice he was sticking up for SNSD, but he just totally made the fans more angry. You might think, 'oh fans are so immature if they bash this guy too' but all fanclubs were about to apologize to eachother and make up. He just made t worse calling Cass, E.L.F., and Triple S 'Third class fans' And honestly, that's not what he actually said. He called the fans something worse which I find incredibly rude. I don't think any fan deserves to be called Third Class. Who are the ones buying the albums, trying to save the album sales? <_<

"Dirty fans create dirty performances and dirty performances create dirty cultures."

NONE of those fans are 'dirty' Sure they did stupid things but things can be forgiven. Also, 'dirty' performances? That angers me. The artists work so hard for this concert and what they hear is 'dirty' performances? WTH. That's rude

About what SJ's manager said, no comment. I'm actually angered with what Shin Haechul said, not because I am an immature, 'dirty' fan but because the way he said it was downright rude. I'm a fan of all the artists, and what their fans did disappointed me, but nobody deserves a comment like this. 'Third class'? That's just mean

I don't really care if people disagree we me right now. But yeah. I'm out

Guest XIAHT!C

whoaa i didn't even notice the glow stick thing o_O

but what happened with suju and snsd? and with ss501? o_o if no one minds me asking...

--edit

OH

so elf and cass girls turned off their glowsticks? i just watched the concert over, but i can't seem to tell o_o

It seems like yesterday's chain of events were sparked by something said by SNSD...

But the people that are involved, SuJu & JunJin (I don't know about ss501) are fine with SNSD.

I don't understand why the fans are getting angry about it when the people involved are not.

This is what I agree with the most.

I think the whole "protest against SNSD" thing done by the fans was completely for the fans' and fan clubs' egos.

They claim to be protecting their oppas and to be only doing this because their oppas have been "hurt",

but we have here, words from an insider, that the actual involved parties ARE NOT UPSET WITH SNSD AT ALL.

The fans CLAIMED to be acting on behalf of their oppas, but they were truly only acting on their own behalf.

It all comes down to jealousy and that's so pathetic.

People say that "well the fans were powerful." But I don't see it that way-- to say that they were powerful would be to say that through what they did, they were actually able to accomplish something. But in the aspect of business and the careers of these artists involved, the fans have accomplished nothing:

I don't see SM starting to disband SNSD. Nor do I hear about the Haptic commercials being pulled from TV. And SNSD is still continuing to collaborate with their SM sunbaes (Sunny in SJ-H's music video). Taeyeon is still on CHINCHIN with Kangin.

Sure, CASS/ELF/Tri-S fans certainly gave SNSD an awful experience. But will that actually make SNSD disappear and pull out from Korean Entertainment? I highly doubt it-- if members such as Jessica and Sooyoung were willing to go through 6, 7 years of training w/o actually knowing if they'd debut, it's unlikely that a bad concert will make them fold their cards.

Furthermore, CASS/ELF fans would be entirely too naive if they thought that doing this would make SM give up on SNSD. How much investment (money and time) went into creating this group? LSM is definitely not done letting SNSD make money for him. It would be silly to think that LSM would see that the CASS/ELF fans are so formidable that he'd invest more into DBSK and SUJU. In fact, he'd just think that well, no matter what he did to the boybands, these "hardcore" fans will still be going crazy for them, so why bother investing more when these fans are already hooked on the drug?

What the fans did will only backfire on them. They'd better just hope that SM management will not punish their oppas for their dumb deeds.

What they did was selfish, was embarassing for their oppas (because now all of the general public will think ELF/CASS as a whole are a bunch of bullying fans... even though not all ELF and CASS fans are this extreme), and was putting dirt onto the names of Korean fans.

It's true, CASS/ELF/Tri-S members definitely had the right NOT to turn on their light sticks and NOT to cheer. But the booing and shouting out of names during the performance was simply bad concert etiquette. It brings down the class of Korean Idol Fans, and those people who participated in this should be ashamed.

Guest la vifzetta*

he is standing up for SNSD, but who is standing up for the fans that got hurt as a result of SNSD's ill-mannered fan boys?

yeah sure this is very targeted at SNSD, but i think in order to gain the respect from other fandoms, they have to first show the respect to those idols and their fans. both from SNSD and their fans.

Guest theskinnygirl

I see people debating about whether it is alright to NOT cheer for celebrities.

In my opinion. It's completely okay to be silent and not cheer for a group that you do not like.

However, these fans didn't just do that. They purposely turned off their light, and many even booed SNSD.

This is downright RUDE, and their action was to humuliate the girl group, to make them feel bad, to "punish" them for being rude to celebrities (who doesn't even take it personally b/c they already know that it's scripted and meant to be a joke)

This is getting so pathetic because the issue about SNSD being rude wasn't even a big deal until the fans made it into something big.

These kids needs to learn some respect for their unnies (SNSD). I thought they value respect for older people in Korea. These fans can't be any older than 12.

Guest icecube.

LOL .. this is getting out of hand .. they both did wrong and why can't they just understand and say sorry and end it ? Also , I don't like how it seems as if it's going to "DBSK SUJU SS501 FANCLUBS DID WRONG" stuff .. I mean, this man is speaking as if SNSD fans are innocent .. when they actually aren't .. I'm not going up against SNSD but I'm just saying about SNSD FANS .. Plus the other fanclubs mentioned that they only turn the glow sticks on when their idols come on and that's it .. but the shouting was rude ..

The language that he uses is a bit.. extreme. But his point is valid. The fact that the fanclubs planned this silent treatment, that in itself is immature and a bit rude, but not something people would have gotten as riled up over. But when they booed the performance and yelled out inappropriate stuff during, well, that is just plain bad etiquette.

Of course, the Soshi fans' retaliation (though I honestly do doubt some of the more extreme rumors) was inappropriate as well. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of days Shin Haechul mentions that as well, negatively, on his radio show.

All in all, I think Sungmin was the wisest in his choice of words. Others in the other groups (preferably leaders) should also speak up and in a persuasive, nice way, scold their fans. Not just Cass-Triple-Elf but Soshi as well.

-edited-

I think when we hear that Suju members apologized to Soshi in the stead of their fans, well, that says it all, doesn't it? If I were a singer at this year's DC, I would be extremely disappointed and embarrassed by my fans (again, Soshi included).

Guest jas282

HE IS A REAL MAN

to have the guts to spill all these words out on his radio show

he is not standing up for SNSD

he is standing up for what is right and criticises what is wrong

broadcasts/radioshows these days are far too bounded to please the fans and audiences.

I have never heard about him before but he gains my respect

and that sj's manager

wow for him being a manager

and boo for him for being such a loser

edit: I don't think he mentioned anything about snsd fans being innocent or he isn't even trying to hint that they're innocent

all he is trying to bring across is that, IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMEONE, SHUT UP. where are all the manners going? doing the boo-ings to artistes performing on stage is downright rude.

as I said, he's not standing up for anyone. he's just criticising the fans ugly side. I'm sure as a singer, he knows fully well what is the feeling of artistes, sweating and performing, but only to get this kinda of attitude from the crowd as a return.

Guest Xingda

i cant believe sj's manager said that...

i mean he probably pissed off alot of fans b/c the ones doing it were sj fans

&& i dont like the way he makes it seem like a competition btwn sj and ss501 like they cant be fans of both

Oh yeah, not a big deal. Look at all the wars people dying and starving in other countries. I mean, it's not like anyone got hurt or anything during the Dream Concert. (It kind of reminds me of the days when my mother scolded me for not finishing my food. "Think of all the starving kids in China!!!") Well, there are the fans that got beat up and the artist who performed, but it's okay because they only got hurt a little. If someone died, it's okay because there are more deaths somewhere else. The DJ guy's main point is that because fans have THAT MUCH POWER, they should be more respectful because it their actions hurt people. Just because all fans gather in one place to support their idols doesn't give them they right to be disrespectful to other fans and their idols. We're humans. We're supposed to be more civilized.

Stupid people NEED to get bashed, or they will never learn that they are stupid. Of course, that's just my opinion. It's sort of like saying serial killers don't need to be killed because they have a wife.

EDIT:

He's talking about ALL fan clubs in general. He's using the SNSD incident as an example since "It seems like SNSD was the victim of their bullying this year."

The thing you said about stupid people needing to get bashed or they'll never learn that they're stupid... well isn't that what Tiffany did when she corrected Ji-suk on Champagne which got her so many anti fans? So apparently, in the world of K-ent, stupid people cannot be bashed, because it seems to hurt their feelings. (I'm not saying Ji-suk is actually stupid or anything, but I'm just using that to point out something I feel is an inconsistency in your logic.)

for everyone who said soshi fans stabbed bring knives and everything

i dont see any MEDIA OFFICIALLY report bout this

injured yes but being stabbed rape never heard of it only read it from sum story

sorry dont buy it there's no official news

anyway I LOVE that Gu and props to suju manager!!!! for being spoken out bout this incident and defending soshi^^

Wasn't the "anti SNSD movement" planned before the concert?

it's even waaaaaaaaayyy b4 they debut hahahaha

Btw. if anyone cares. Cass & DC Soshi (SNSD still doesn't have a fan club yet, but their dc galleries are their biggest like gatherings for fans) are completely cool now, if that helps with the tension. They worked out their difference, and realize how stupid the whole DC thing was. <3 so goo Cass.

OMG really?!?!?! Go DC SoShi and Cass im glad they tried to work things up

atleast sum fans still know the meaning of PEACE^^

and btw he's not talking bout fans fighting

but the fans manner towards the artists who perf that day,while they cheered for others but then stay silent for one particular artist

if only silent it's okay but adding boo thing is what making he pissed off,and i dont think he cares bout the fans war coz everyone were injured that day not only cass elf triple s even soshi fans got injured too,so no point for him to talk bout that

Guest saggiorpiioxgalaxy

Ehh.. what he said sounded no better than what the fans did.

It's like he's just bashing back. :unsure:

i cant believe sj's manager said that...

i mean he probably pissed off alot of fans b/c the ones doing it were sj fans

&& i dont like the way he makes it seem like a competition btwn sj and ss501 like they cant be fans of both

Agree.

Blahh.

Messed up world.

Archived