►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cristina0422

[NEWS] YG Listing Ceremony To Be Attended By Sandara Park, Yoo In Na, and JinuSean

6f2c927c54f0bcf37eaa35d.jpg

After weathering some controversies, YG Entertainment will finally be proceeding witht heir KOSDAQ listing on the 23rd, and popular entertainers, including 2NE1 member, Sandara Park and talent Yoo In Na, two of the agency’s most famous artists, would be joining the ceremony.

Ever since, businesses entering the listing in the stock market, have attended the solemn listing ceremony, called the “Public Listing Festival,” where they are expected to make an appearance.

The Korean Exchange festival would be held on the 23rd, at 9:00AM. YG Entertainment, who will be joining the ceremony, revealed on Monday that they would have their artists attend it, namely Sandara Park, Yoo In Na, and JinuSean.

Before the start of the program, the participants would be joining a signing event (T/N: I’m not sure of it’s a fan signing event or something). An Exchange official said, “Even though it’s not part of the stock exchange market event, it was a separate request that YG Entertainment’s artists decided to join in,” he said, “The entertainers belonging to the company will also be doing their public relations campaign.”

On the other hand, YG Entertainment, which was founded on February 2008, is one of Korean’s largest entertainment company. The largest shareholder is Yang Hyun Suk (35.8%), and three of the largest shareholders from outside the company hold 45.3% of the company’s shares.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20111122n16354

Translated by: Blackjackbelle@OhDara/SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

Guest thinhe1

Park Bom's me2day update:

21bom_1321969600_31052.jpg?type=w500

굿밤~~~난 이제 씻고 자려구요~~ (^-^)/ 근데….배고프다…ㅠㅠ 빨리 자야겠다…ㅠㅠ…. 진짜 굿밤~~zzzZZ

Credit: Bom's me2day

Guest x-bang-x

{ARTICLE} Korean pop firm YG Entertainment rallies on trade debut

South Korea's YG Entertainment has rallied on its first day of trading on the stock exchange with its share price doubling.

Individual investors demanded 561 times the amount of stock offered in the company's initial public offering.

The company manages big names in Korean pop such as South Korean boy band Big Bang, and female group 2NE1.

YG's share sale comes after the success of rival companies S.M. Entertainment and JYP Entertainment.

Korean pop, also known as K-pop, has gained popularity outside of its home market with groups touring in Japan and other parts of Asia.

It has even hit Europe, with Big Bang members winning the Worldwide Act prize at MTV's Europe Music Awards this year.

"YG Entertainment has positive growth potential since royalty revenues from Japan are expected to triple next year," said Kim Shi-woo from Korea Investment and Securities.

YG's stock climbed to 78,200 won on the Korea Exchange, compared with the IPO price of 34,000 won.

"We are looking for the shares to reach 85,600 won within a year," Mr Kim added.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15849675

yglupload.png

2NE1 Receives 2nd Place in Google Korea's "2011 YouTube Kpop Awards"

Super Junior, 2NE1, and HyunA receive awards at ’2011 YouTube Kpop Awards’

8s5qU.jpg

Super Junior, 2NE1, and HyunA have been making headlines all year with their YouTube view counts. On November 22nd, these three teams received awards at the ’2011 YouTube Kpop Awards’ at Google Korea in Seoul.

HyunA stated, “I was surprised at the large amount of YouTube viewcounts. I saw a lot of people upload videos with my song, and there were many who were better than me; I gained strength [from seeing all the videos].”

2NE1, who had three videos in the Top 10, commented, “We will continue to upload a lot of cool videos in the future. Please show them lots of love. We put a lot of effort into showing you a lot of things in ‘I Am The Best’ music video, so I think that is probably why a lot of people watched the video.”

Super Junior’s Leeteuk stated, “This award is especially more valuable because fans all over the world were the ones who made this award possible. We will continue to spread the Korea’s culture throughout the world… I also clicked on our music video 10 times. Whenever we’d go perform overseas, the clip would be uploaded onto YouTube right away. Seeing this, I felt how strong media’s power had become.”

EUucT.jpg

Super Junior received 1st place with 26.9 million views for “Mr. Simple”, followed by 2NE1 with 22 million views for ‘I Am The Best’, while 3rd place went to Hyuna with 21.6 million views for “Bubble Pop”.

The full top list is as follows

1. Super Junior - Mr. Simple

2. 2NE1- I AM THE BEST

3. Hyunah- Bubble Pop!

4. SNSD - The Boys

5. 2NE1- Lonely

6. BigBang- Tonight

7. Kara- Step

8. BigBang- Love Song

9. 2NE1- Hate you

Here is a clip of the event, 2NE1 starts at 1:47

The YouTube Awards are awards given out as formalizedic or comedy genres, as voted by the YouTube community. This is the first year for Korea to have it's own Youtube Awards.

The awards were organized in 2007 to "call out some of the most popular videos and let the users choose which ones deserve some additional recognition". The awards are the first time that videos would receive any formal recognition; previously, high-ranking videos were only recognized by dynamic lists of most-viewed videos. The winners received a trophy, which was a stand with a large glass "play" button. In addition, they received an invitation to an event to occur "later this year"

Source: Osen via

Nate

Translated by carolcity @akp

Reuploaded by tazanya @ygladies.com

Archived