[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

Guest Eun_Bin

Reposting pics of LBH & LYA

42nd BaekSang Arts Awards (2006) - Acting Winners: Best Actors/Actresses for TV (Kim Joo-hyuk, Choi Jin-shil) & Film (Lee Byung-hun, Lee Young-ae)

http://isplus.joins.com/component/gallery/...60416213603.jpg

http://isplus.joins.com/component/gallery/...60416214158.jpg

[images=OfficialSite]

These photos just reminded me of The Legend Of Car God and LYA was acting as LBH's elder sis :sweatingbullets:

But I don't mind seeing both great actor acting together again :D

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

I am totally with you two for the 2 Lees, but unfortunately, Mr. Lee Seo Jin had already shared with his korean fans 3 weeks ago that he had rejected a script from All In scriptwriter, as he is too tired from filming the tedious drama Yisan, hence he is taking a long rest before embarking on his next drama.

Oh really? We never know though, IRIS might have enough convincing power to get him to change his mind. :)

If the script was IRIS, I wonder if LSJ knew that the other actor would be LBH at the time he got the script.

My two Lee's!!!!! :wub: I wouldnt mind seeing LBH and Lee Seo jin in one big-budgetted drama. Both are very good actors. It wud be awesome!!! :w00t:

LYA as the leading lady is aiyt but please... please... God forbid!!! :wacko: not the other rumored one. *gasp* I think I will have a heart attack if she will be the leading actress. :sweatingbullets::ph34r:

Ellabel, I believe that many fans would disapprove as well.

I am also concerned abt the female cast that they are selecting, the one in Shri movie is sexy and young...cough cough... LYA... don't seem to fit the bill here...KHS...she seem to be a drama jinx of late, maybe this drama can break her spell if she is really casts. :blink:

According to papers, there will be 4 lead characters for IRIS. We will have 2 actors & 2 actresses.

Waiting to find out the 2 leading actresses and the other leading actor for IRIS is really interesting & exciting but not without any anxiety attack every now and then.. :wacko::blink::sweatingbullets: .. hopefully, the final cast will be an ensemble of actors with real acting calibre..

I hope so too. :)

I thought about the possiblity of Miss K & Miss L. There are many actresses with these initials who haven't appeared in dramas for a while, but they're active in movies recently though: Kim Yoon-jin (Seven Days), Kim Hye-soo (Modern Boys), Kim Jung-eun (Forever The Moment), Lee Mi-yeon (Lovers From Behind), ... For L, Lee Young-ae's the only actress I can think of who's truly been away for at least 2 years. Kim Hee-sun's last drama was Smile Again from 2006, maybe, that's why fans think she could be Miss K. Kim Hye-soo's last drama was "Han River Ballad" (2004/2005), but she appeared in movies such as "Tazza", "Eleventh Mom".

CWK's previous 2 works "Lobbyist" and "Air City" featured the returns of 2 top stars as well: Jang Jin-young & Lee Jung-jae. It was Miss Jang's 1st drama in at least 5 years & Mr. Lee's return to TV in ~9 years (since White Nights 3.98 in 1998).

Any other guesses?

Which actor/actress would you like to see with LBH?

Guest kdramafanusa

드라마, 해외 로케이션 전쟁…비행기 탄 값 할까?

2008-05-01 09:29:54

200805010826351116_1.jpg

^ Lee Dong-gun, Song Seung-hun, Han Jae-suk, Lee Byung-hun

MyDaily 2008-05-01 09:29:54

[summary]

There'll be many blockbuster dramas in the 2nd half of 2008. These large-scale dramas will film at various overseas locations.

IRIS (script: A. Story, direct: Lee Hyung-min, production: Taewon Entertainment & Kang Je-kyu) plans to start shooting in the 2nd half of this year for broadcast in the 1st half of next year. The collaboration of "I'm Sorry I Love You" PD Lee Hyung-min and actor Lee Byung-hun is gathering attention. With a production cost of 20 billion Won, its scheduled overseas filming locations include Russia, Japan, US, China, etc.

Replacing "Yi San" this June on MBC is "When It's At Night" (script: Kim Eun-hee & Yoon Eun-Kyung, direct: Son Hyung-suk, production: Lee Kim Production). Lee Dong-gun and Kim Sun-ah will be shooting in Japan.

Airing this May is MBC drama "Bittersweet Life" (script: Jung Ha-yun, direct: Kim Jin-min, production: Sam Hwa Networks). Oh Yun-soo and Lee Dong-wook shot their scenes in Hokkaido, Japan.

"Women Of The Sun / Sisters In Love" (script: Kim In-young, direct: Bae Kyung-soo, production: ), replacing "Three Dads And One Mom" in late May, plans to film in Hong Kong.

"East Of Eden" (script: Na Yun-sook, direct: Kim Jin-man, production: Chorokbaem)'s planned overseas locations include Japan, China, Hong Kong, Macau and other major cities in Asia.

Historical drama "Countries Of The Wind" plans to have some filming done in China.

^ Thanks very much Helena.. for the wonderful summary of the article above.

Really appreciate the cool sharing. Mwah!

Although the drama "speculation" had narrowed down Miss L and K.. which consist the most common surnames.. it's not easy to guess either. Maybe.. as Zombie suggested.. the female co-stars would be from the younger actresses (though not too young) but with promising acting presence.

I think it's someone particularly preferably more known in China and rest of Asia, excluding Japan.

Now.. I miss LEJ more and more :( .. she had excellent chemistry with LBH and better acting talent than many.

Guest Janie Simply

I thought about the possiblity of Miss K & Miss L. There are many actresses with these initials who haven't appeared in dramas for a while, but they're active in movies recently though: Kim Yoon-jin (Seven Days), Kim Hye-soo (Modern Boys), Kim Jung-eun (Forever The Moment), Lee Mi-yeon (Lovers From Behind), ... For L, Lee Young-ae's the only actress I can think of who's truly been away for at least 2 years. Kim Hee-sun's last drama was Smile Again from 2006, maybe, that's why fans think she could be Miss K. Kim Hye-soo's last drama was "Han River Ballad" (2004/2005), but she appeared in movies such as "Tazza", "Eleventh Mom".

CWK's previous 2 works "Lobbyist" and "Air City" featured the returns of 2 top stars as well: Jang Jin-young & Lee Jung-jae. It was Miss Jang's 1st drama in at least 5 years & Mr. Lee's return to TV in ~9 years (since White Nights 3.98 in 1998).

Any other guesses?

Which actor/actress would you like to see with LBH?

Whoa, Helena, you're amazing, able to name so many K & L actressess :sweatingbullets: The only Miss K that I can think of at this moment is Kdramafanusa, wonder if she is an actress :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Although the drama "speculation" had narrowed down Miss L and K.. which consist the most common surnames.. it's not easy to guess either. Maybe.. as Zombie suggested.. the female co-stars would be from the younger actresses (though not too young) but with promising acting presence.

I think it's someone particularly preferably more known in China and rest of Asia, excluding Japan.

It's mentioned in papers that IRIS team is looking for top actresses, I am guessing that young & upcoming ones are not being considered right now; if plans with the ones they have in mind don't work out, then there'll be other choices.

If they are simply looking at Japanese market, then Choi Ji-woo's name might come up. But it would also have to depend on whether the actresses are suitable for the roles too of-course. :)

Oh Rubie, we should let go of the past & look toward the future.

The only Miss K that I can think of at this moment is Kdramafanusa, wonder if she is an actress :D

Janice, you are so funny. :)

If they are looking for a sexy spy, then Kim Hye-soo tops the list for sure. :)

Oh Rubie, we should let go of the past & look toward the future.

Yeah.. we should..

but.. this is one time when you can't help thinking of the "impossible possibilities".. especially.. when there's a Miss L..

--- anyway.. still rooting for..

KHS --> Kim HYE SOO... :sweatingbullets:

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: …finally, got the gist out of this refreshing and soon-to-be-mega hit drama after spending time browsing all the postings – thanks Kdramafanusa for starting the thread and mmph…I smell Hunnie-rubee in this thread too – how could we miss seeing you in everything LBH….thanks a lot for your input. :D

WoooW….IRIS….featuring one of Korea’s elite leading actors, Lee Byung Hun Ssi! He’s going to thrill us in this upcoming spy thriller – hope this one will not suffer the same fate as its predecessor-of-similar-genres - "touch-wood"... :vicx:

I wasn’t spy-hooked on Sweet Spy and other recently-debuted new-genres eg H.I.T had exhibited some obvious flaws in the script! Some of the new-kind of genres do not seem to garner much success as I think, honestly, some of these writers or producers are not so-experienced in their writing prowess or producing techniques - if you watch HK dramas of similar productions you'll probably can compare and detect their flaws or hiccups - sorry, no offense to anyone - just my own opinion. With the involvement of LBH (his recent international film-exposures with different producers), I hope it’ll be a different approach in the filming of IRIS – he’ll probably be giving his professional advices - I see him nodding or disagreeing with the writers, producers or directors. With so much money invested for making this spy drama, I hope they will make it an almost flawless script – acting-wise, tons of confident - Korean actors are top-class!

Hope this production, like the success of Resurrection (Buhwal) in 2005 will be the next-best-produced new-genre in K-drama! Err….I don’t know why Resurrection came into my mind….think the reason could be that I chose to compare Resurrection with IRIS coz the former drama’s scriptwriter, Kim Ji Woo brilliantly wrote a new-breed kind of script - an outstanding-revengeful bunch of good and bad guys’ roles! :)

Guest Janie Simply

Since CJW's name has been mentioned several times here, let me add in one more :P

May Issue of Korean W magazine taken in HK

★【韩国杂志】女性雑志「W」5月号CCの写真图片

w5.jpg

Baidu

LOL! Felicia, it's always, always a delight reading your interesting insights and whatnots! Keep them coming! :lol:

Really hope to see you camping out with us here.. for Hunnie.. huh.. huh.. :blush:

--- meanwhile.. still searching for a talented Miss 'K' :D

Besides Kim Hye Soo (KHS)..

maybe.. one of these possible candidates.. might be the lucky one.. :rolleyes:

1 - Ko (Go) So Young

Besides LYA and KHS, KSY is one of the actresses closest to LBH in terms of age and acting experience, having started way back in the early 90s. I think KSY and LBH had collaborated once in a drama series *not too sure which one* She hasn't been appearing acting onscreen (small or big) since last year.. after "Blue Fish"... right?

Interestingly, around the time LBH was filming All In, there was an interview of Ms. Ko mentioning that she would like to collaborate with LBH the most.

2 - Kim Min Sun..

I've only seen her as the scheming evil girl in Glass Shoes. Kinda love those who can play really bad-girl roles without battling so much an eye-blink. And KMS hasn't been much on tv lately.. isn't it?

3 - Kim Min Hee

How about the recent and newly-crowned Best Actress at the 44th Baeksang. Could be her.. who knows?

4 - Kong (Gong) Hyo Jin

I'll always have a soft spot for GHJ... since Snowman. One of the talented yet still underrated actresses. She's especially beautiful in Thank You and Happiness, glowing in her roles.

GHJ is similar to

5 - Im Soo Jung (or Lim Soo Jung).. these are two young-er actresses who can really get into their characters.. acting so naturally with any co-star.

Too bad that ISJ is now commited to a brand new movie, would love to see her acting with LBH.. if such possibility exists.

Although.. some of them might not fit in the "most popular" category as emphasized by the articles.. they are the much talented ones to be considered.

LOL! Felicia, it's always, always a delight reading your interesting insights and whatnots! Keep them coming! :lol:

Really hope to see you camping out with us here.. for Hunnie.. huh.. huh.. :blush:

--- meanwhile.. still searching for a talented Miss 'K' :D

Besides Kim Hye Soo (KHS)..

maybe.. one of these possible candidates.. might be the lucky one.. :rolleyes:

1 - Ko (Go) So Young

Besides LYA and KHS, KSY is one of the actresses closest to LBH in terms of age and acting experience, having started way back in the early 90s. I think KSY and LBH had collaborated once in a drama series *not too sure which one* She hasn't been appearing acting onscreen (small or big) since last year.. after "Blue Fish"... right?

Interestingly, around the time LBH was filming All In, there was an interview of Ms. Ko mentioning that she would like to collaborate with LBH the most.

2 - Kim Min Sun..

I've only seen her as the scheming evil girl in Glass Shoes. Kinda love those who can play really bad-girl roles without battling so much an eye-blink. And KMS hasn't been much on tv lately.. isn't it?

3 - Kim Min Hee

How about the recent and newly-crowned Best Actress at the 44th Baeksang. Could be her.. who knows?

4 - Kong (Gong) Hyo Jin

I'll always have a soft spot for GHJ... since Snowman. One of the talented yet still underrated actresses. She's especially beautiful in Thank You and Happiness, glowing in her roles.

GHJ is similar to

5 - Im Soo Jung (or Lim Soo Jung).. these are two young-er actresses who can really get into their characters.. acting so naturally with any co-star.

Too bad that ISJ is now commited to a brand new movie, would love to see her acting with LBH.. if such possibility exixts.

Although.. some of them might not fit in the "most popular" category as emphasized by the articles.. they are the much talented ones to be considered.

Everything I do, I do it for Hunnie….hahaha….provided I have the time chingu, I’ll be glad to share my thoughts anytime... :lol:

Wah…what a great list Rubie! :o

Out of the 5 listed actresses, I would like to pick Kim Min Hee (her recent crown will give her an edge over the rest) – her acting improved leaps and bounds as can be justified in her role as Miri in Goodbye Solo, a total change from her earlier debut with Go Soo and Park Jung Chul in Age of Purity. I was really annoyed and disturbed watching her woody-like-acting which wasn’t fair acting alongside talented actors especially PJC. I wasn’t really impressed with her acting in My Sister-in-law is 19 but to give her credit, she improved slightly as compared during the time when she was cast in AOP.

Next choice would be Gong Hyo Jin – an excellent actress, give her any script and she’ll tailor-act the character for you, absolutely versatile. Yeah….she was great in Snowman though it attracted some slight controversy. In fact, she brought fame to all her previous male partners whom are now very famous singer/actors, from Jung Ji Hoon (Rain) to Gong Yoo and then Jang Hyuk. Of course, LBH don’t need that kind of lady-luck …hehehe!

I always get the impression that Im or Lim Soo Jung has similar attributes to Shin Minah (age and aura-wise) and like you said, she’s very natural in her acting. I have seen her undertake different movies' roles and somehow I am most impressed and drawn towards her acting in Lump Sugar – of course, her best performance is still in MISA with SJS! Yeah, too bad – filming schedule of IRIS will clash with her new movie otherwise she’s also a good bet.

Err…I am not a huge fan of Kim Min Sun – I think her last drama was Loveholic with Kangta. I did not finish watching Loveholic and didn’t remember much on Fairy & Swindler with Ahn Jae Wook. Yeah, I grew to hate her in Glass Slippers which proved that her acting was convincingly good. Maybe, I should re-watch the two dramas that had left mild impression on me..... :rolleyes:

Another two actresses worth mentioning is Kim Min Jung and Kim So Yeon. KMJ latest popular drama, New Heart has given her another good standing, I think she’s one of the most wanted K-actresses – she's frequently working lol....she was awesome in Stranger than Paradise with UTW (it wasn’t really an impressive story) and love her acting to bits in Fashion 70s though I must admit I was never really her fan before F70s – dread to see her evil-popping eyes in Rival and didn’t really get hooked on the main couple in Land of Wine (even though KJW was drop-dead handsome) – instead I discovered Choi Kang Hee’s acting talent in that drama.

Kim So Yeon is one of the most underrated K-actresses – she really needs a good manager to bring her the right script. Her last drama role in Autumn Shower was such a waste-of-time – think it exposed Jung Ryeo Won’s acting more than her! Hope she will be offered better roles in the future …mmph….maybe, for a start...IRIS!

I was disappointed with Blue Fish as it was one of my most anticipated dramas last year since it was a comeback drama for both leads, Go So Young and Park Jung Chul. Sadly, none of them manage to breakthrough the poor rating-record….I am not faulting them on their acting – it’s just that the storyline was uninteresting and sorry to say, I didn’t detect any sparks flying. I think she needs a good drama to bring her back to limelight – her last movie, Go Go Sisters failed to make an impact in the theatres and it would have been different if she did not reject 200 Pound Beauty for GGS.

Aigoo….the list can go on and on…coz there are really many KIMs in K-showbiz.

Btw, other than Kim the next surname is Miss L, right? I don’t know whether Lee Young Ae will be interested since she rejected Big Fish despite counter-offers to lure her in that drama. How about Lee Na Young?

Hey…any news of the 2nd male lead and will the appointed actor be sharing same-ranking status as LBH? If so, then I would like to see Lee Jung Jae with LBH. Two great LEEs together will conquer the screen….. :w00t:

Kim So Yeon is one of the most underrated K-actresses – she really needs a good manager to bring her the right script. Her last drama role in Autumn Shower was such a waste-of-time – think it exposed Jung Ryeo Won’s acting more than her! Hope she will be offered better roles in the future …mmph….maybe, for a start...IRIS!

Btw, other than Kim the next surname is Miss L, right? I don’t know whether Lee Young Ae will be interested since she rejected Big Fish despite counter-offers to lure her in that drama. How about Lee Na Young?

Hey…any news of the 2nd male lead and will the appointed actor be sharing same-ranking status as LBH? If so, then I would like to see Lee Jung Jae with LBH. Two great LEEs together will conquer the screen….. :w00t:

:w00t: That's the one! The Miss 'K' I keep forgetting :w00t: .. Kim So Yeon *thanks Felicia!*. After "All About Eve" KSY seems to be (endlessly) looking for that spark to give her that incredible performance again and I agree that Autumn Shower did nothing much for her. Didn't like the typical storyline either but yup, JRW really shines out in second-leading lady roles. It's really good that she's now getting her own major roles.. currently in a movie with LJJ. ^^

LYA is one of the top choices at the thread but we don't know what her priorities lately :mellow: .. since she rejected a number of drama scripts already.

I would love to see LJJ with LBH, too (since LSJ can't make it).. that would be soooooo awesome but LJJ-ssi is back making movies these days .. and after Air City.. we might have to wait another 8 years for another series from him. :sweatingbullets: Just kidding! Always my Mr Lee #2! :blush:

Guest Janie Simply

If they are looking for a sexy spy, then Kim Hye-soo tops the list for sure. :)

So this is the sexy KHS B)

AKR20080501088300041_02_i.jpgAKR20080501088300041_01_i.jpg

From Kd :)

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/entertainment/...1088300041.HTML

MovieWeek's Annual '25 Beautiful Faces'(chosen by 52 photographers & journalists)

'25 Beautiful Faces' will be featured in Issue #326.

edit:

MEN

1. Ha Jeong-woo 하정우

-

9. Lee Byeong-heon 이병헌

Hwang Jeong-min 황정민

Kim Kang-woo 김강우

WOMEN

1. Kim Hye-soo 김혜수

2. Jeong Ryeo-won 정려원

3. Jeon Do-yeon 전도연

4. Lim Soo-jeong 임수정

5. Kim Min-hee 김민희

6. Han Ye-seul 한예슬

7. Kim Min-seon 김민선

7. Han Ji-min 한지민

9. Han Chae-yeong 한채영

10. Lee Yeon-hee 이연희

Bae Doo-na 배두나

Son Ye-jin 손예진

Kim Tae-hee 김태희

Guest kdramafanusa

Kim So Yeon is one of the most underrated K-actresses – she really needs a good manager to bring her the right script....

I was disappointed with Blue Fish as it was one of my most anticipated dramas last year since it was a comeback drama for both leads, Go So Young and Park Jung Chul....

...How about Lee Na Young?

Hi Felicia, thanks for your thoughts. :)

Kim So-yeon will appear in upcoming SBS Monday/Tuesday drama "Gourmet" (starting June 16) with Kim Rae-won & Nam Sang-mi, it's adapted from the cartoonist Huh Young-man's popular comic books; the script is by Choi Wan-kyu as well. It's highly anticipated; it's also a big production (~10 billion Won).

Ko So-young's considered one of the most beautiful actresses. Her comeback drama "Blue Fish" totally flopped (~5% ratings), I think her career's somewhat affected; recently, many dramas get ratings that low as well though. Papers reported that she always picked the wrongs projects; except for "Bad Love" (flopped too), the ones she passed became huge hits.

Lee Na-young is a personal favorite of mine, I love her in "Maundy Thursday", "Someone Special".

Ohh.. I didn't realize that Kim So Yeon is acting in "Gourmet".. that's good to hear. She should get more and better offers, too.

Unfortunately.. Ko So Young seems to be getting bad reviews a lot.. even bad rumors flying around.. and never getting to kickstart her career as she would have hoped.

Thanks Helena & Felicia for the update.. appreciate the info.

I'm not sure how Kim Hyun Joo and LBH pairing would be.. can't quite imagine it :mellow: .. but I kinda like her again.. since "Insoon is Pretty". :blush:

Guest kdramafanusa

1 - Ko (Go) So Young

...She hasn't been appearing acting onscreen (small or big) since last year.. after "Blue Fish"... right?

4 - Kong (Gong) Hyo Jin

5 - Im Soo Jung (or Lim Soo Jung).. t

I like Kong Hyo-jin too. I think Im Soo-jung just looks toooo young for LBH.

I believe Blue Fish was KSY's last project, that was her comeback drama after turning down many offers over the years.

I like Kong Hyo-jin too. I think Im Soo-jung just looks toooo young for LBH.

ISJ collaborated with Hwang Jung Min in Happiness and they were awesome in the movie. :blush: Both HJM and LBH are of the same age, 38 this year.

But.. you're right.. it's not about the age but ISJ is simply blessed with a very young-looking appearance.

Guest Janie Simply

This Iris thread is amazing :w00t: nothing was finalized yet able to generate so much discussions on various K- artists & dramas/movies; felt like one is at the "Drama Wiki" site :sweatingbullets: pretty enlightening :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Although the drama "speculation" had narrowed down Miss L and K.. which consist the most common surnames.. it's not easy to guess either.

Rubie, it's actually not a speculation. Unless I read the article incorrectly, it's from an official of the production team.

Seems like they already narrowed down their choices (actresses that they are considering) to Miss L & Miss K who have been resting for a while.

This Iris thread is amazing :w00t: nothing was finalized yet able to generate so much discussions on various K- artists & dramas/movies; felt like one is at the "Drama Wiki" site :sweatingbullets: pretty enlightening :)

Janice, I agree with you. :)

Thank you so much everyone for sharing your thoughts. We are all excited about IRIS. :)

Rubie, it's actually not a speculation. Unless I read the article incorrectly, it's from an official of the production team.

Seems like they already narrowed down their choices (actresses that they are considering) to Miss L & Miss K who have been resting for a while.

Oops.. my blurr mistake.. for speculating that it was a speculation. :sweatingbullets: Thanks for the correction. :blush:

So.. it's already in the bag, huh.. whoever they wanted to be in the series. :mellow:

I'll just hush.gif for now .. weight & sea.

Archived