[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

Guest lucky_moon

I think this drama will be a hit in korea because of his coming back after a long time to the small screen TV.. so I'm waiting to watch the drama impatiently specially just the news of the drama makes a hit so how it'll when we will watch the drama..

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

This article talks about all the actresses that were brought up in this thread.

---

Source: CHOSUN Dec.29,2003 19:48 KST

TV Dramas’ Actresses Line up for Award Ceremony Takeover

”Woman power” is set to sweep the award ceremonies, as the big three broadcasting companies are preparing for the acting awards ceremonies for the year 2003. Women actors have their names on the list of candidates for the best actor/actress awards in all three companies. Some speculate that the grand prize for all three broadcasting companies could be taken by women.

In the case of MBC, there’s no doubting that an actress will get the highest honor in this year's award ceremony. Lee Yeong-ae, 32, the heroine of "Daejanggeum" and Ha Ji-won, 25, the star of "Damo," are in close competition to be that woman, as both TV dramas enjoyed massive popularity. The competition is likely to be won by whoever is favored by viewers in their 20s and 30s, and by Internet users.

200312290019_02.jpg

From left, Kim Hye-su, Kim Hee-ae, Ha Ji-won and Lee Yeong-ae.

Over at KBS, actor Cha Seung-won, from "Bodyguard," and actress Kim Hye-su, from "Jangheebin," are the top two candidates. Kim Hye-su seems to have edge over Cha; despite a disappointing start at the beginning, Kim Hye-su pushed "Jangheebin" to ratings over 30 percent.

"All In," with ratings nearing 50 percent, has established itself as the best SBS drama of this year, and its star, Lee Byung-hun, is considered a favorite. Kim Hee-ae, however, who showed off her acting skills in "Perfect Love," is getting the overwhelming support of married women. Moreover, she is leading the other actresses in an Internet poll, thanks to the support from the members of the Perfect Love fan club.

The attention of TV viewers are now centered on whether these women actors -- Lee Yeong-ae, Kim Hye-su, and Kim Hee-ae -- will win the best actor/actress award in their companies. If so, some even speculate that actresses in their 30s will be the next hot thing.

(Kim Tae-geun, amicus@sportschosun.com )

Guest kdramafanusa

*** Lee Byung-hun ***

abittersweetlife.jpg

DOB: July 12, 1970

HEIGHT: 178cm

EDUCATION: Hanyang University (French Language & Literature), JoongAng University Graduate School (Theater/Cinematography)

MANAGEMENT: BH Entertainment Co. Ltd.

Soompi thread

Official TW JP

FILMS

G.I.Joe (2009) [Hollywood]

[Director: Stephen Sommers]

I Come With The Rain (2008) [uS + French]

[Director: Tran Anh Hung; with Josh Harnett, Takuya Kimura, Shawn Yue]

The Good, The Bad, The Weird (2008)

[Director: Kim Ji-woon; with Song Kang-ho, Jung Woo-sung]

Hero (2007) [Japan]

[cameo]

Once In A Summer (Geu-hae Yeo-reum) (2006)

[Director: Jo Keun-shik; with Soo-ae]

A Bittersweet Life (Dalcomhan Insaeng) (2005)

[Director: Kim Ji-Woon; with Kim Young-chul, Shin Min-a]

Everybody Has Secrets ( Nuguna Bimil-eun Itda ) (2004)

[Director: Jang Hyun-soo; with Choi Ji-woo, Choo Sang-mi, Kim Hyo-jin]

Three Extremes ( Seuri, Monseuteo ) (2004)

[Director: Park Chan-wook; with Kang Hye-jung, Im Won-hee]

Addiction (Jungdok) (2002)

[Director: Park Young-hoon; with Lee Mi-yeon, Lee Eol, Park Sun-young]

My Beautiful Girl, Ma-ri (2001)

[Director: Lee Sung-gang; with Ahn Sung-ki]

Bungee Jumping Of Their Own (Beonji jeompreul hada) (2001)

[Director: Kim Dae-seung; with Lee Eun-joo]

Joint Security Area (Gongdonggyeongbiguyeok) (2000)

[Director: Park Chan-wook; with Kim Myung-soo, Lee Young-ae, Song Kang-ho, Kim Tae-woo, Shin Ha-kyun]

The Harmonium In My Memory (Naema-eum-ui punggeum) (1999)

[Director: Lee Young-jae; with Jeon Do-yeon, Lee Mi-yeon]

Extra (Egseuteula(Extla)) (1998)

[Director: Shin Seung-soo; with Im Chang-jung]

Lament / Elegy Of Earth (Jisangmanga) (1997)

[Director: Kim Hee-chul; with Shin Hyun-joon]

Kill The Love (Geudeulman-ui sesang) (1996)

[Director: Im Jong-jae; with Chung Sun-kyung, Yoo Oh-sung]

Armageddon (Amagedon(Armageddon)) (1996)

[Director: Lee Hyun-sae; with Choi Bool-am, Yun So-ra]

Runaway (Leon(Run) eo-we-i(away)) (1995)

[Director: Kim Sung-soo; with Lee Geun-young, Kim Eun-jung]

Who Makes Me Crazy (Nuga naleul michige haneunga) (1995)

[Director: Koo Im-seo; with Choi Jin-sil]

Sunset Into The Neon Lights (Ne-onsog-eulo no-euljida) (1995)

[Director: Lee Hyun-seung; with Moon Sung-keun, Chae Shi-ra, Yang Geum-suk]

[source: KMDb]

TV SERIES

All In (2003, SBS)

[PD: Yoo Chul-yong; with Song Hye-kyo, Ji Sung, Park So-mi]

Beautiful Days (2001, SBS)

[PD: Lee Jang-soo; with Ryu Si-won, Choi Ji-woo]

Road (2001, SBS)

[with Park Jin-hee, Nam Il-woo]

Sally Is Back (1999, SBS)

[with Lee Jee-eun, Im Chang-jung]

Sunflower (1999, SBS)

[with Lee Seung-yun]

Happy Together (1999, SBS)

[PD: Lee Jong-rok; with Song Seung-hun, Kim Ha-neul, Jo Min-soo, Jeon Ji-hyun, Kang Sung-yun]

White Nights 3.98 (1998, SBS)

[PD: Kim Jong-hak; with Choi Min-soo, Shim Eun-ha]

I Want (1997, SBS; 70 min drama)

[PD: Lee Jang-soo; with Shim Eun-ha]

Beautiful My Lady (1997, SBS)

[PD: Lee Jang-soo; with Shim Eun-ha, Song Seung-hun]

Son Of Wind (1995; KBS)

[PD: Son Young-mock; with Kim Hee-sun, Shin Hyun-joon]

Men Of Asphalt: The Legend Of Car God (1995, SBS)

[PD: Lee Jang-soo; with Jung Woo-sung, Lee Young-ae]

The Fragrance Of Love (1994, KBS)

[PD: Koh Heung-sik; with Choi Jin-sil, Kim Young-ae, Lee Jung-kil, Jeon Do-yeon, Oh Dae-kyu]

Police (1993, KBS)

[with Uhm Jung-hwa, Kim Ho-jin, Oh Hyun-Kyung]

The Sorrow Of The Survivor (1993, KBS)

[with Na Hyun-hee, Shin Yun-jung]

Tomorrow Love (KBS, 1992)

[PD: Yoon Suk-ho, Jun San; with Kim Hyun-ah, Park So-hyun, Kim Jung-kyun, Lee Jee-hyung]

Wild Chrysanthemum (1992, KBS)

[with Oh Hyun-kyung]

Morning Without Good-Byes (1992, KBS)

Flower That Never Wilt (1991, KBS)

[with Na Han-il, Kim Min-jung]

Day Of Sunrise (1992, KBS)

[with Im Chang-jung]

Asphalt My Hometown (1991, KBS)

[source: http://www.leebyunghun.com/ ]

AWARDS (Partial listing)

1992: KBS Drama Awards - New Actor Award (Day Of Sunrise) clip

1993: KBS Drama Awards - Male Excellence Award (Tomorrow Love) clip

1995: 6th Chunsa Film Arts Festival - New Face Award (Who Makes Me Crazy)

1995: KBS Drama Awards - Male Excellence Award (Son Of Wind)

1996: 32nd PaekSang Arts Awards - Best TV Actor (Son Of Wind)

1996: 34th Grand Bell Film Awards - New Actor Award (Who Makes Me Crazy)

1996: 19th Golden Cinema Festival - New Actor Award (Runaway)

2000: 1st Pusan Film Critics' Awards - Best Actor (JSA) [won with Song Kang-ho]

2001: 24th Golden Cinema Festival - Most Popular Actor Award (JSA)

2001: 38th Grand Bell Film Festival - Popularity Award (JSA)

2001: 2nd Korea Visual Arts Festival - Photogenic Award

2001: 22nd Blue Dragon Film Awards - Popularity Award (JSA)

2001: SBS Drama Awards - Top 10 Stars Award & i-Star Award (Beautiful Days)

2003: SBS Drama Awards - Grand Prize & Top 10 Stars Award (All In)

2003: 30th Korean Broadcasting Awards - Performer (All In)

2003: 39th PaekSang Arts Awards - Best TV Actor (All In)

2005: 25th Korea Choice Critics Awards - Best Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

2005: 13th Chunsa Film Arts Festival - Best Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

2006: 42nd PaekSang Arts Awards - Best Film Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

2006: Chevalier Of The Order Of Arts And Letters [by French Cultural Ministry]

2006: 14th Chunsa Film Arts Festival - Hallyu Cultural Award

[source: PLANET BH0712]

38th Grand Bell Film Festival (2001): Popularity Award (JSA)

grandbell_2001.jpg

2nd Korea Visual Arts Festival (2001): Photogenic Award

visualartsfestival_2001.jpg

22nd Blue Dragon Film Awards (2001): Popularity Award (JSA)

bluedragon2001.jpg

^ Popularity Awards winners (L-R): Jung Woo-Sung, Jang Dong-gun, LBH, , Lee Mi-yeon, Kim Hee-sun

SBS Drama Awards 2001: i-Star & Top 10 Stars (Beautiful Days)

sbsdramaawards2001.jpg

SBS Drama Awards 2003: Grand Prize & Top 10 Stars (All In)

sbs_2.jpg

39th BaekSang Arts Awards: Best TV Actor (All In)

baeksang1.jpg

30th Korean Broadcasting Awards (2003): TV Performer (All In)

73_4.jpg

[Credit]

Images uploaded by: Rubie

Original sources: As labeled [PlanetBH0712, honeyhunny, byunghunzzan]

^ Wah! Awesome compilation, Helena! Thanks fo much for the complete & detailed lists. Appreciate them very much! ^^

^ Popularity Awards winners (L-R): Jung Woo-Sung, Jang Dong-gun, LBH, , Lee Mi-yeon, Kim Hee-sun

If I'm not mistaken, the emcee for the ceremony was Park Joong Hoon. :)

---

ps: no need to credit me for the pics, I only shared the BD & All In related ones. Most of the previous awards, I'm always so clueless.. and not sure which is which. :blush: As long as we're able to discuss about LBH/IRIS.. all that matters. ^^

Wonder if this week.. we'll hear about LBH-IRIS' co-stars. :rolleyes:

Guest kdramafanusa

Wonder if this week.. we'll hear about LBH-IRIS' co-stars. :rolleyes:

Maybe, they will give us another big surprise soon. :)

Also, the writer is from Air City? Not very convincing, since the show was quite bad. Well I hope they're gonna make a killer drama this time with LBH in it. Definitely the most charismatic, cool and charming guy on earth!

Hi PurpleZ, the writer's a bit inconsistent; he did some great ones too such as Jumong, All In, Heo Jun, ...

If the script is great this time, we will forget about his not-so-good ones. :)

Oh Gawd, same writer as Air City? But he has good stuff too.

Crossing our fingers that he will get it right this time. :)

Plus, the script is also written with writers at Kang Je-Kyu Film.

Guest zacey

ok... me here to spam.... B)

finally finished all the 6 pages... so much anticipation in such a short time... :lol:

my first thot when i heard abt this show was oso on who'll be his female co-star... cant imagine him with the upcoming female actresses that we see in dramas recently... but well, its the chemistry that matter... anyway, i have no preference... as many have mentioned... acting skills more impt than looks... but of course if KSW is oso in the cast, it will be even better... :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Guest MRS.le

Put LBH in a suit, a pair of Ray-Ban, and even if they have to re-use Air City script, I'll watch it 10 times over!!!

Guest zacey

Put LBH in a suit, a pair of Ray-Ban, and even if they have to re-use Air City script, I'll watch it 10 times over!!!

plus a hint of moustache too.... :blush:

went through the photos of the ceremonies posted earlier again in the past few years... now cant decide whether i prefer him clean shaved or with moustache.... :lol::lol: both look so suave.... :blush:

Guest Ender's Girl

Byung-hun's back on the small screen? Niiiiice.... He is one of the most talented actors living in Korea right this very moment, and I'm thrilled about this piece of news!

But waiiit a minute... this is a spy thriller? I just hope the writers pull this one off REALLY REALLY WELL. From my own experience watching K-dramas with similar variations on the action/spy thriller theme (e.g. Time Between Dog and Wolf, Fashion 70s, even the ridiculous Sweet Spy), I've found the treatment of the material to be less sophisticated and realistic than their American counterparts (e.g. Alias, which was convoluted at times but still notches above the aforementioned K-dramas).

I'm really crossing my fingers on this one, that the writing won't botch things up for LBH's TV comeback. Here's to hoping for the best!

Guest kdramafanusa

ok... me here to spam.... B)

finally finished all the 6 pages... so much anticipation in such a short time... :lol:

my first thot when i heard abt this show was oso on who'll be his female co-star... cant imagine him with the upcoming female actresses that we see in dramas recently... but well, its the chemistry that matter... anyway, i have no preference... as many have mentioned... acting skills more impt than looks... but of course if KSW is oso in the cast, it will be even better... :w00t::w00t::w00t:

It's mentioned in papers that the team is choosing top actresses for the 2 female roles. Wondering who will co-star with him...

I saw this in the newspaper yesterday.

I heard he's getting a lot of money for this drama.

I wonder who's going to be the lead actress (:

Can't wait~

Guest kdramafanusa

I saw this in the newspaper yesterday.

I heard he's getting a lot of money for this drama.

Hi Isarahx,

Does the paper mention how much he's paid?

In recent articles about the LBH, SSH, KSW, & SJS's returns to television, these are the budgets (listed) for their upcoming works:

Iris () [20 episodes]: 20 billion Won

East Of Eden (MBC) [50 episodes]: 25 billion Won

Daemool (SBS) [20-24 episodes]: 10 billion Won

Cain & Abel (SBS) [20 episodes]: 6 billion Won

BeyondHollywood article said that IRIS will be the most expensive Korean drama, it's actually not true. Not counting inflation, Bae Yong-joon's sageuk "Legend" (24 episodes) holds the record with 43 billion Won production cost. According to MyDaily (Korean paper), MBC will invest 50 billion Won in a 50-episode sageuk (planned for 2nd half of 2009); it's based on "Emperor Of The Sea" writer's novel "The 4th Kingdom/Empire".

^ IRIS is one of the most expensive drama series but it's not the most expensive. right? LBH's actual acting fee is usually never made known but it's definitely not a small amount but since he's co-producing the series.. maybe that would somehow indicate something.

---

April 25, 2008

Lee Byung-hun broadening his acting career overseas

When he was interviewed by The Korea Herald in November 2006, Lee Byung-hun expressed some doubts about whether he could make it in Hollywood.

His skepticism, which partly reflected his measured approach in entering the world's biggest entertainment market, seems fairly overdone. A string of news items about his Hollywood stint keep coming in, and his acting career is going at a fast clip.

In mid-March, Lee completed his first day of shooting as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' action adventure "G.I. Joe," to be released in October August 2008. This week, a couple of photographs have been made public on the Web so that people can see him as one of the most popular characters in the G.I. Joe franchise. Clad in white, Lee seems primed to play a dark, complex character trained by a ninja master.

"G.I. Joe" will mark Lee's full-fledged foray into Hollywood, a crucial development in what has already been a colorful career. Popular in Korea and Japan, Lee has long prepared to broaden his acting range and his fame. To that end, he is said to have made a serious effort to improve English proficiency.

Lee is also expected to enhance his stature at film festivals this year.

He starred in director Kim Ji-woon's latest feature, "The Good, The Bad, The Weird," and also performed in the Vietnamese filmmaker Anh Hung Tran's "I Come with the Rain."

200804250018.jpg

"The Good, The Bad, The Weird," set in Manchuria, features a bandit, a train robber, and a bounty hunter, and, with its big-name casting and a sizable budget, it is considered one of the country's biggest film projects this year.

Local media reported yesterday that "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" has been invited to the noncompetition section of the Cannes film festival, which begins May 14. Cannes organizers held a press conference in Paris, finalizing the list of four films, including director Kim's feature, in the noncompetition category and 19 movies that will compete for the Golden Palm award.

"I Come with the Rain," also speculated to have a chance to join Cannes, is a multinational project in which Lee has reunited with the Japanese star Takuya Kimura. Last year, Lee played a Korean chief of detectives in "Hero," whose central character is a quirky Japanese prosecutor played by Kimura.

On the domestic front, Lee has signed a contract with Taewon Entertainment and Kang Je-kyu Film to co-produce and star in "IRIS," a whopping $22 million Korean TV series. Leading producer Lee Hyung-min will take charge of the expensive project, and the shooting is scheduled to begin later this year.

By Yang Sung-jin (insight@heraldm.com)

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

Guest ellabel

Wow!! 6 pages already on Iris. :w00t:

Hope springs eternal. When we thought that LBH is already so far away from K-dramas, now this.

So happy, i cud cry. :tears::w00t:

20 eppies of BH's goodness. Yumm!! :w00t:

Thanks for all the updates esp. to Kdramafanusa, Hyc and rubie.

So many good actresses in my mind but one that I really really want to see BH with is JDY.

HJW's not bad too as I remember she can be good like in DAMO.

Yey!! Withs2 is subbing!!! :w00t:

Cant wait to see the months go by...... 2008...2009.......

Guest kdramafanusa

^ IRIS is one of the most expensive drama series but it's not the most expensive. right?

Rubie, it will be one of the most expensive Korean dramas ever made (cost per episode); I believe that historical dramas tend to cost more $$. A billion Won per episode is a lot for a modern day drama, it's twice as much as recent dramas with huge budget.

Even if he's not co-producing IRIS, I'm pretty sure that LBH's fee is among the highest ever given to a TV star. His popularity in Japan (biggest market of K-dramas rightn now) is extremely high.

So many good actresses in my mind but one that I really really want to see BH with is JDY.

HJW's not bad too as I remember she can be good like in DAMO.

Ellabel, we think alike. :)

Ella, Ella :w00t:Ella! 20 full episodes of Byunghun-ssi... like pure honey! :w00t:

Rubie, it will be one of the most expensive Korean dramas ever made (cost per episode); I believe that historical dramas tend to cost more $$. A billion Won per episode is a lot for a modern day drama, it's twice as much as recent dramas with huge budget.

Even if he's not co-producing IRIS, I'm pretty sure that LBH's fee is among the highest ever given to a TV star. His popularity in Japan (biggest market of K-dramas rightn now) is extremely high.

That's right.. looking at the cost of an episode.. up to about $1million each. :sweatingbullets: With all the filming everywhere and high-tech gadgets and stuff.. I think the series will be very movie-like.. fast-paced action-packed plus great acting and interesting storyline. Hopefully the script will be really good, to keep the audience holding their breath for more.. I love 24's nail-biting cliffhanger for each of its episodes (never fail to make me go crazy waiting for the next one!) .. really hope IRIS has something like that.

Guest kdramafanusa

On the 24th, AGB Nielsen Media Research released the results of a survey of the 20 highest-ranking TV programs by episode after 2000.

HIGHEST RATED TV DRAMA BY EPISODE (since 2000)

RANK / DRAMA / NETWORK / AIRDATE / RATING / CAST & CREW

1. Huh Joon <허준> (MBC) [2000.04.25] - 64.8%

PD: Lee Byung-hoon

SCRIPT: Choi Wan-kyu

CAST: Jun Kwang-ryul, Lee Soon-jae, Kim Bong-se, Hwang Soo-jung, Hong Choong-min, Jo Kyung-hwan, Jung Wook

2. Taejo Wan Geon / Emperor Wang Gun <태조왕건> (KBS1) [2001.05.20] - 60.5%

PD: Kim Jong-sun

SCRIPT: Lee Wan-kyung

CAST: Choi Soo-jong, Kim Young-chul, Kim Hyeo-ri, Suh In-suk

3. Dae Jang Geum <대장금> / Jewel In The Palace (E) (MBC) [2004.03.23] - 57.8%

PD: Lee Byung-hoon

SCRIPT: Kim Young-hyun

CAST: Lee Young-ae, Ji Jin-hee, Hong Li-na, Im Ho, Yang Mi-kyung, Kyun Mi-ri

4. Lovers In Paris <파리의 연인> / Lovers In Paris (E) (SBS) [2004.08.15] - 57.4%

PD: Shim Woo-chul, Son Jung-hyun

SCRIPT: Kim Eun-sook, Kang Eun-jung

CAST: Park Shin-yang, Kim Jung-eun, Lee Dong-gun, Na Han-il

5. Jin Shil / Truth <진실> (MBC) [2000.02.24] -- 57.1%

PD: Jang Do-ik

SCRIPT: Kim In-young

CAST: Choi Ji-woo, Park Sun-young, Ryu Shi-won, Son Ji-chang

6. Rustic Period <야인시대> / The Wild Days (E) (SBS) [2002.12.09] - 51.8%

PD: Lee Hyung-il

SCRIPT: Lee Hwan-kyung

CAST: Ahn Jae-mo, Lee Chang-hoon, Kim Young-chul, Jo Sang-gu

7. Ladies Of The Palace <여인천하> (SBS) [2001.11.13] - 49.9%

PD: Kim Jae-hyung

SCRIPT: Yoo Dong-yoon

CAST: Kang Soo-yeon, Jung In-hwa, Park Sang-min

8. Jumong <주몽> / Prince Of The Legend (E) (MBC) [2007.03.06] - 49.7%

PD: Lee Joo-hwan, Kim Keun-hong

SCRIPT: Choi Wan-kyu, Jung Hyung-soo

CAST: Song Il-kook, Han Hye-jin, Kim Seung-soo, Jun Kwang-ryul

9. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon <내이름은 김삼순> / My Lovely Sam-Soon (E) (MBC) [2005.07.21] - 49.4%

PD: Kim Yoon-chul

SCRIPT: Kim Do-woo

CAST: Kim Sun-ah, Hyun Bin, Jung Ryeo-won, Daniel Henney

10. All In <올인> / All In (E) (SBS) [2003.04.03] - 47.7%

PD: Yoo Chul-yong

SCRIPT: Choi Wan-kyu

CAST: Lee Byung-hun, Song Hye-kyo, Ji Sung, Park Sol-mi, Hur Joon-ho

17. I Hate You But It's Fine <미우나고우나> / Likable Or Not (E) (KBS1) [2008.04.22] - 43.9%

Source: Starnews 04/24 16:01 (Top 10 List), Yonhap 2008-04-24 17:28

[CASTING] 이병헌[무비위크 2008-04-28 12:37]

200804281237505200_11.jpg

이병헌이 드라마 <아이리스(IRIS)>에 출연한다. <올인> 이후 5년여 만에 브라운관에 복귀하게 된 것. 강제규필름과 태원엔터테인먼트가 공동 제작하고 <미안하다 사랑한다>의 이형민 감독이 연출하는 이 드라마는 첨단 첩보 스파이 드라마로, 200억 원에 달하는 제작비를 투입할 계획이다. 또 러시아 일본 미국 중국 등의 해외 로케이션을 통해 화려한 볼거리를 제공할 예정이다. <아이리스>는 내년 상반기 방송을 목표로 총 20부작으로 제작되며 올 하반기 촬영을 시작한다.

source:MSN

It's not mentioning the cast right?..Probably where they will shoot the scenes and it being a spy drama..

Guest kdramafanusa

[CASTING] 이병헌[무비위크 2008-04-28 12:37]

It's not mentioning the cast right?..Probably where they will shoot the scenes and it being a spy drama..

Hi Inez, the cast is not mentioned (except for LBH).

It's about LBH's return to TV (breaking a 5-year hiatus) in a 20-episode high-tech spy drama <IRIS> which will be produced by Taewon Entertainment & Kang Je-kyu Film along with <I'm Sorry I Love You> PD Lee Hyung-min. Other details mentioned: Production cost (20 billion Won), shooting locations (US, China, Japan, Russia, etc), broadcast (1st half of 2009), shooting (2nd half of this year).

This news article was posted at http://www.leebyunghun.com/2005/board/board_freeboard.html yesterday.

Think I saw the name김윤진 Kim Yun-Jin mentioned in this article???

I think it also said that IRIS is the reverse of SHIRI, as mentioned by rubie earlier. :P

'아이리스' 이병헌의 여인? 제2의 김윤진 찾아라

http://image.mtstarnews.com/indexlink_imag...jpg&index=6

ⓒ<최용민 leebean@>

톱스타 이병헌이 5년만에 브라운관에 복귀함에 따라 그의 여인이 누구로 낙점될지가 연예계의 뜨거운 이슈로 떠오르고 있다.

이병헌은 영화사 태원엔터테인먼트와 강제규필름이 공동 제작하는 드라마 '아이리스'(IRIS)로 '올인' 이후 5년만에 안방극장에 복귀한다. '아이리스'(IRIS)는 영화 '쉬리'의 드라마 버전으로 '아이리스'(IRIS)를 거꾸로 읽으면 '쉬리'가 된다.

다만 '아이리스'는 영화보다 더 넓고 정교한 이야기를 만들기 위해 더 많은 굴곡이 포함되도록 대본을 구성 중이다. 북한 최고위급 인물의 암살을 비롯해 남북 관계에서 벌어질 수 있는 가상의 이야기를 현재 연출을 맡은 '미안하다 사랑한다'의 이형민PD와 최완규 작가가 머리를 맞대고 논의를 하고 있다.

때문에 방대한 구성과 이병헌이라는 톱스타의 출연이 확정되면서 여주인공에 대한 관심이 상당히 뜨겁다. '쉬리'를 통해 김윤진이 스타덤에 오른 것처럼 '아이리스'를 통해 여주인공이 확실하게 주목을 받을 수 있다는 판단 때문이다.

'아이리스'의 한 관계자는 28일 "이병헌과 걸맞은 상대를 찾기 위해 여러 배우들이 물망에 올라있다"고 밝혔다. 현재 여주인공의 물망에는 오래 동안 연기 활동을 쉬고 있는 L를 비롯해 톱스타 K 등이 거론되고 있으며, 제작진은 신인도 고려하고 있다는 후문이다.

이 관계자는 "이병헌이 미국에서 'G.I. 조' 촬영을 마치고 귀국하면 강제규 감독을 비롯한 제작진과 본격적으로 협의를 하기로 했다"고 설명했다.

한편 '아이리스'에는 최근 종영된 드라마를 통해 인기를 재확인한 배우 J와 K도 출연이 내정된 것으로 알려져 200억원이라는 제작비 외에 초호화 캐스팅이 될 전망이다.

Archived