[variety] 8 Vs 1 (대결 8대1)

Guest damifino

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

Sorry, I haven't updating, but have had more pressing personal matters...

Heechul appeared on episode 10 which aired on 3/24/08 as pictures posted above shows, but Shindong will fill in for Heechul on episode 11 which airs on 3/31/08.

And since Heechul will have Kangin fill him for him again during the live broadcast of Inkigayo this coming Sunday on 3/30/08, more likely than not, Heechul will have someone fill in for him on episode 12 which airs on 4/7/08 (which films on 3/27/08)... I hope his injury isn't too serious, but he's missing 2 weeks of work because of it.

Guest super_joyce

OMG.....

He will miss the schedule of this week?

i havent gotten anything about him recently..

i worried about him very much

MAY GOD BLESS HIM

Guest damifino

The guests for the upcoming episode on 3/31/08 have been updated... they are Shindong (subbing for Heechul), singer Noh Sa Yeon, singer Moon Hee Joon, singer Ha Choon Hwa, and comedian Kim Young Chul.

I haven't had time to retype the Kibum part of the episode 2 weeks ago nor even to see this past week's episode, but as soon as I do, I will post up the translations.

Sorry, I haven't updating, but have had more pressing personal matters...

Heechul appeared on episode 10 which aired on 3/24/08 as pictures posted above shows, but Shindong will fill in for Heechul on episode 11 which airs on 3/31/08.

And since Heechul will have Kangin fill him for him again during the live broadcast of Inkigayo this coming Sunday on 3/30/08, more likely than not, Heechul will have someone fill in for him on episode 12 which airs on 4/7/08 (which films on 3/27/08)... I hope his injury isn't too serious, but he's missing 2 weeks of work because of it.

Thanks Dami .. please take care of yourself too .. we will be lost without you same as if we did not see Heenim for 2 weeks ! :(

Guest damifino
Guest Ringy

Shindong on 8 vs. 1 - March 31st

1207051293c377na9.jpg

1207051293c378pk6.th.jpg1207051293c382pq1.th.jpg1207051293c385lb5.th.jpg

Credit: As Tagged.

Thank you for all your hard work damifino, please take your time. =)

I will try to get the new episodes up soon to. I had 10x the schoolwork and my internet has been insanely slow lately so I haven't been able to do much. :sweatingbullets: I got them downloaded though so just need to up.

Ep. 9:

Ep.9: HQ Part 1 | Part 2C

Guest damifino

^ Thanks for the download links, I updated the first post.

Inkigayo preview for this coming Sunday doesn't list a guest MC for Heechul so I guess that means Heechul will be back to his schedule this coming Sunday. I'm not sure if that also means that Heechul filmed 8 vs 1 today, we'll see in a couple of weeks, I guess :)

Guest damifino

how come the format changed in episode 10? can anyone explain how the new format works? thank you!

Sorry it took so long to answer this question, but I finally got to watch the episodes. I guess they changed the format to get more viewers especially with "Come To Play" moving to Monday nights and all, but personally, I like the old format better. No more personal stories from anyone besides the two guests of the four guests who are the focus for that week :(

New Format

The show is separated into two segments.

The first part is called [star Straight Talk! GO? STOP!] where they show what the 50 people they surveyed had to say about 2 of the 4 guests on that week. The comments range from polite to mean and are given levels with the first level, the polite comments, being revealed first. The guest is given an opportunity to respond to each comment. Any time the guest doesn't feel comfortable with the comments, they can put a stop to it by holding up a stop sign.

The second part is a survey question like before, but rather than having to guess all the answers, they reveal all the answers EXCEPT one peculiar or odd one out. The panelists are divided into two teams: MC team and Guest Team. One side is given the answer and has to give hints to the other side to help them guess the answer. If they are able to correctly guess the answer, they are given $1000 to donate to a charity of their choice. If they aren't able to correctly guess the answer, the contestant who gave the original answer is given $1000.

Anyway, the new guest list came out for this coming Monday 4/7... Song Eun Ee, Oak Joo Hyun, Jang Nara, Geum Bora, Kim Jung Min. This was filmed on 3/27 so is another episode that Heechul couldn't participate in.

Guest damifino

There was no 8 vs 1 this week... it was pre-empted by a special documentary being shown on SBS.

v Thanks :) I updated the first post.

Guest Ringy

Oh man I am going through like withdrawal here. So I guess if the Monday 7th list was released already, but not shown, then hopefully next next week Heechul. =) *crosses fingers*

Ep. 10:

Ep.10: HQ Part 1 | Part 2C

Guest damifino

8 vs 1 isn't having the best luck with their MCs... first, Shim Eun Jin left due to film a TV drama on MBC, then Heechul had lasik surgery which required him to take a week off then later he fell as a result of the aftereffects of lasik surgery which caused him to miss a month of filming so far, and now, apparently, Shin Dong Yup fell at a restaurant and broke 2 ribs which will require him to rest from every show he is an MC on for 2 weeks.

Guest silverwingz

8 vs 1 isn't having the best luck with their MCs... first, Shim Eun Jin left due to film a TV drama on MBC, then Heechul had lasik surgery which required him to take a week off then later he fell as a result of the aftereffects of lasik surgery which caused him to miss a month of filming so far, and now, apparently, Shin Dong Yup fell at a restaurant and broke 2 ribs which will require him to rest from every show he is an MC on for 2 weeks.

wow that really sucks for him. hope he's ok. so is he not going to get replaced by anyone? or are they just gonna have one less person?

Guest damifino

^ No clue, they just said that he will be required a mandatory 2 weeks to recover in which he will have to stop all of 4 MC jobs he has (although I think he has more than that, that's what the news article said).

Guest damifino

It looks like SBS has officially decided to cancel 8 vs 1 for its Spring Reorganization... with all the MC problems and the new format of the show which just hasn't been working for me, I guess it's just as well.

A new show called "The Star Show" starring actor Choi Soo Jong and comedian Park Soo Hong (ex-MC of YSMM) will start airing on April 28.

Archived