[variety] 8 Vs 1 (대결 8대1)

Guest damifino

Guest super_joyce

Here's a little blurb in the newspapers about today's episode of 8 vs 1...

It says that for the first question of finding out new things about someone you've lived with for 6 months prior, actress Geum Bora talked about when she was a newlywed. For the second question, Kibum reveals Heechul's secret. The secret is about Heebum who took over Heechul's minihompy for awhile :) Park Jung Ah talks about the person who posted her old photos on the internet.

http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?n=200803170074

soooo hilarious

heebum, you're so clever

looking forward 8vs1 tonight

even if heemie is not here but we would hear some secrets about him^^

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dian8214

hahaha lol kibum is right!!! when i was reading the minihompy of heechul translated by damifino i read some posts that heebum hacked or took-over heechul's cy... can't wait to have subs for this episode thanks ^^

Guest Sarah_sr

can somebody upload the episodes to mediafire.... { LQ or HQ }

megaupload says "All slots are taken...."

pretty please......video

thanks in advance

Guest redevilica

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

Thanks a bunch, Joyce! :D

[HQ] 8 vs 1 - Eun Hyuk, Kibum, Park Jung Ah (Jewelry), Solbi, Geum Bora, etc. (2008-03-17).avi [710.6MB]

NEW files uploaded to this CB from Mar. 9-18;

after it passes inspection, those files will be moved to cashewmania CB ^_^

Guest damifino

3/17/08 episode 9

Part 1: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/PQi_8JIE6ws/

Part 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/y9ptD5HMt7s/

Part 3: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/X8bGOgQgNuc/

I haven't gotten a chance to see it myself.

ETA

Here's the Eunhyuk-Kibum cut from 8 vs 1 on 3/17/08

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/A7K0dlRqn-E/

I haven't seen the whole show yet, but they didn't seem to say much... Eunhyuk talked about Kangin not showering and Shindong taking his clothes off in his sleep. Kibum said that Heechul's secret is that he appears so loving to Heebum in public but in private he beats him :lol: Then he stopped, teasingly saying that he's said too much already :)

Guest damifino

http://www.cbs.co.kr/Nocut/Show.asp?IDX=780033

The article says that Heechul fell in his apartment on the afternoon of the 19th and injured his nose, causing a severe swelling. Apparently, he still hasn't recovered fully from his lasik surgery so his field of vision is still impaired. According to Heechul's reps, he'll have to be hospitalized for a week and his condition will have to be monitored. The filming of "8 vs 1" on the 20th was filled in by Shindong (which is the episode that will air on 3/31/08).

Guest damifino

8 vs 1 episode 9 (3/17/08)

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MkhMekbh2Oc

Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8wjjN4lydsE

Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=coeZHorCLVE

Part 4: http://youtube.com/watch?v=luEWTPNE06E

Part 5: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTjSOdIDrSY

Kim Hong Kook is the guy who sang "호랑나비 (large spotted butterfly)" which was all the rage in Korea about 20 years ago. He said that the song "One More Time" by Jewelry was all the rage to Jewelry member Park Jung Ah to which Solbi asked him, "Is it better than "호랑나비 (large spotted butterfly)?" and started a war of words between Solbi and KHK :) Solbi mentioned that KHK only had one hit to which KHK said he had two... Eunhyuk chimed in that he really liked another song of his called "Reggae Party" so KHK said he liked Eunhyuk :)

SDY mentioned how Geum Bora became hot issue topic a few years back because of her wedding dress... apparently it was very low-cut. She said that she got a lot of flack because of her age... she said if someone young wore it, folks would have been saying how fashionable it was, but because she was a bit older they said it was raunchy and tacky. When PJA said that "Geum Bora Wedding Photos" must have been most searched on the internet and she said it wasn't that but "Why are her breasts so big?" :lol: She said that she and her husband chose a different dress before the wedding (he's conservative so doesn't like her wearing low-cut stuff), but she thought to herself that she wanted to wear what she wanted to wear before she got too old to wear it so she got a different wedding dress. Her husband was upset so he was pouting at the wedding. Solbi said that she too wants to wear something unique on her wedding... a miniskirt with boots. GBR said that you need to have long legs for that and Solbi doesn't appear to have those :lol: SDY said that Solbi had a really nice figure and that her promo photos were a hot issue topic. KHK asked for a promo photo if she had any left over :lol:

What the fans guessed on the 8 vs 1 website was correct, SDY said that Heechul wasn't there because he recently had lasik surgery and his eyes hurt a lot so Eunhyuk is there to fill in, even with his busy schedule. Eunhyuk said, "Yes, I'm extremely busy" to which GBR said, "He said before that he was forced out of bed to come here" :lol:

50 men who got married to the woman they lived with for at least 6 months prior were surveyed. What is the thing you found out about your wife after you started living together that surprised you? (14 answers)

GBR said that she filed for a marriage registration about a year before she actually got married because she didn't want to lose her then boyfriend, now husband. Even though they didn't have a ceremony, she and husband were man and wife legally. KHK said "well, back then things were very difficult so a lot of people filed legal documents for marriage and then had the ceremony even 5-10 years later" to which GBR said, "Not my first marriage, my second marriage a few years ago" :lol: Folks were asking why she did that and she said that as a woman ages, you lose a bit of self confidence and you begin get a single-minded focus and she thought if she lost him, she will regret it forever so she was thinking of ways to keep him. But at her age, it's not like she could entice him with her body so she did by legal means so that he couldn't leave her :ph34r:

KHK was a former Miss Korea and met when he was filming a commercial. He basically asked her to quit working and live with him so they lived together for around 6 months to a year and then a reporter camped outside his place for a week and reported that he was married already so they just rushed and got married.

PJA thinks that in order to prevent divorce, living together is a must. GBR disagreed saying that she knew a couple that lived together for 6 years and got divorced after 3 months of marriage. She said the difference between living together and being married is that living together is something between 2 people, but marriage is something between 2 families.

GBR said she is exactly as she said she was... "I'm rather dirty, lazy, and don't clean," but her husband was really surprised because he thought she was just being modest when she said those things, but she really doesn't to bathe an only washes up if she has to work or go out, she doesn't even like to wash her face. Her husband told her that she was to dirty to live with :lol: KHK asked, "Don't most women like to bathe?" to which GBR said that when it's time, she washes, but she doesn't do it just to do it and that Korea is a country with a water shortage :lol: Solbi said that there are a lot of men who have this idea about women being a certain way, but that there are a lot of women who don't keep themselves or their houses clean :)

SDY told about a hairdresser he knows who said that a female celebrity came in to get her hair done for 4 days in a row and all 4 days she hadn't washed her hair. GBR said that "Pretty women are clean even if they don't wash themselves and that they don't smell that bad" and Eunhyuk said that he's been plugging his nose :lol: Solbi asked if there was someone in SuJu who didn't wash themselves and Eunhyuk said yes, there was. They've been living together for 3 years and he's only seen Kangin take a show once every few months. He said that when Kangin wasn't there, the members were talking and the subject came up and it turned out none of the members had actually seen Kangin shower much. They don't know if he showers when they aren't there or if he just doesn't shower. JCW said maybe he has some complex about his body. KHK said that men know when they go to a bath house together and implied that maybe Kangin's self conscious about size? :lol:

One of the answers suggested is having a debt. GBR said that she told her husband before the got married that she has lots of kids, lots of wrinkles, and has some debt, but her husband thought she was joking :lol:

Solbi said she doesn't look it, but she's a really good cook. GBR joked, "No, you look like you can cook... and eat a lot" :lol:

One of the answers suggested is the woman is more amorous than she was before marriage. SDY talked about the joke, "when their wives come out of the shower wanting some lovin', men in their 40's pretend to be sick, men in their 50's pretend to be asleep, and men in their 60's pretend to be dead" :lol:

KHK suggested that the woman had another boyfriend besides them to which GBR joked, "How come you only think of nasty things? Stop thinking of it from your perspective" :lol: GBR suggested that the wife doesn't clean, do laundry, etc. and 11 people gave that answer so she said, "This is a wonderful program. There are many women like me" :lol:

PSC suggested that the woman might have an alcohol induced habit. PJA said that she talks to the mirror when she gets drunk. KHK suggested that she go check into the hospital :lol: GBR said that pretty women have to do that because if they say it to anyone else, they might mistake it for being an advancement towards them since they are so desirable :lol:

GBR said that most men don't make it a habit to say the woman's name when they say "I love you" because the might mistakenly say someone else's name so you should ask them when you are about to go to bed, "What is my name?" :lol:

The answer that was given was about sleeping habits so SDY asked Eunhyuk who is the SuJu member with the worst sleeping habits? Eunhyuk said Shindong... he takes his clothes off while he sleeps. Solbi said she does the same. One time, they all had activities so the coordinator noona came to the apartment to do get everyone dressed and ready. She went into the room and all of a sudden she screamed so Eunhyuk was awoken and he screamed too. All they saw was a big naked back form :lol: GBR said that she too has severe sleeping habits. When she sees movies such as the Gladiator, she dreams that she's a gladiator and fights in her dreams. KHK tells her that she needs medicine :lol: GBR said her husband is amazing for putting up with her, but what is he going to do when it's her second time... she can't get married a third time.

SDY said that since there are 4 answers left that the contestant can win $4000 to which GBR said "Next time I should come out as a contestant, that's so much better" :lol:

The contestants who came out were a married couple who lived together before getting married... the husband (28) went to Columbia for work and the wife (24) told her mom she was going on a vacation and basically packed up and followed him to Columbia to live with him. She lived with him for 9 months and then got married in Columbia and stayed there another year. They've been back in Korea for a year now. She said her mother fell ill from the trauma.

Some of the answers he thought would be there were when she goes to the bathroom with the doors open, what she looks like without her makeup on (he said she was prettier without makeup :))... GBR said that she doesn't look any different and that people tell her she's one of those people who doesn't accept makeup well. Solbi said that she looks better without makeup so SDY suggested for the second she take off her makeup and she was like "That's ok" :lol: The other answer the contestant gave was she has a lot of hidden fat to which Solbi responded "I can't get married!" :lol: Another answer the contestant gave was "the woman eats too much" to which Solbi was worried yet again "what am I going to do?" SDY asked what worries her out of all the answers given so she started listing them off, to which Eunhyuk responded, "What DOESN'T worry you?" :lol:

To Be Continued...

DO NOT take out of the 8 vs 1 thread.

Translated by damifino for www.cyworld.com/allaboutheenim

Guest artful_DODGER

Thank you for your summaries and translations. Sorry your computer crashed in the middle of Kibum's part. ;~;

I haven't seen the whole show yet, but they didn't seem to say much... Eunhyuk talked about Kangin not showering and Shindong taking his clothes off in his sleep. Kibum said that Heechul's secret is that he appears so loving to Heebum in public but in private he beats him :lol: Then he stopped, teasingly saying that he's said too much already :)

LOL Hyukjae talked about Kangin not showering on Wonderful Outing too. But somehow Hyukjae is the smelliest, haha. LMAO I love it when Kibum talks about Heechul. I bet he has a lot of dirt. ^-^

The article says that Heechul fell in his apartment on the afternoon of the 19th and injured his nose, causing a severe swelling. Apparently, he still hasn't recovered fully from his lasik surgery so his field of vision is still impaired. According to Heechul's reps, he'll have to be hospitalized for a week and his condition will have to be monitored. The filming of "8 vs 1" on the 20th was filled in by Shindong (which is the episode that will air on 3/31/08).

DDDD: Poor Heechul and that precious nose. *kisses*

Eunhyuk said, "Yes, I'm extremely busy" to which GBR said, "He said before that he was forced out of bed to come here"

SDY asked what worries her out of all the answers given so she started listing them off, to which Eunhyuk responded, "What DOESN'T worry you?" :lol:

DO NOT take out of this thread.

Translated by damifino for www.cyworld.com/allaboutheenim

LOL Hyukjae T-T <3

Guest plurals

That sounded like an interesting episode. Can't wait to read the next part. Thank you for your hard work Eunice. Geum Bora is one funny lady. Middle-age ajumma gladiator LOL.

Eunice, is she the type of the brash ajumma you said would be good as a co-MC for the show? i could see why you'd say that now. And isn't she the actress who played the fake mother in Bad Family with Heechul? If so it would've been interesting seeing them together.

Eunhyuk was very funny during the little bits he was on :D

responding to eunice's post below mine

I agree. MCs should let others talk too. I was actually surprised when i asked my sister a while ago (back when Kangin was MC everywhere) and she told me that Kangin's probably co-MC more shows than Heechul. I thought Heechul would be funnier (not that Kangin's not funny). Then I came to te conclusion that Heechul's probably too fun to just be an MC, they'd probably just let him talk all the time. That was before i knew the more subdued side to him :lol:

Maybe they were off because Heechul wasn't there. haha probably not. I thought I spotted JCW playing/texting wih his cell at the back when Kibum when to answer in front LOL.

Guest damifino

^ For some reason, the MCs seemed more subdued in this episode than previous episodes. JCW hardly talked, Solbi wasn't as outspoken, and SDY didn't seem to lead as much. The dynamics between them seemed off. But GBR sure made up for their lack of talking :lol:

She is somewhat the type of brash ajummah I was talking about... well, she's a bit more over the top than I was talking about, but that's the thing about older women in Korea, they pretty much say whatever is on their mind without having much concern for what others are going to say. Someone like GBR is too over the top to be an MC (an MC has to be able to let others talk too), but she sure makes one interesting and fun guest :)

And yes, she's the actress who played Heechul's fake mom on "Bad Family."

Guest silverwingz

thanks again for the summary Eunice ^^. can't wait to read the rest of it with Kibum...

Funny how Kangin's the one who doesn't wash himself a lot, yet Eunhyuk's the one known to be the smelliest!

I guess Eunkyuk washing more than Kangin doesn't help with his BO. :lol:

Guest missinu

for the chi-subbed user is that person the only one?! =((. the chinese subs at tudou are like so TINY!! i can hardly read a thing when i wanna try translating it. =((.

Guest litt0piggy

anyone have today's episode? also does anyone know who the guests are too? i checked the front page but couldnt find anything

Guest kratop

Sorry for asking...but Heechul comeback to be MC in 8 Vs 1 or not? I don't see any information or picture about episode 10.

Maybe I have to wait dami for the information. :blush:

Guest super_joyce

[080325]8vs1

credit:baidu+logo

2hs0qqb.jpg347beqx.jpg

heemie performed 8vs1 yesterday

but i think it was filmed before he hurt his nose.....

Archived