• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

^ Thanks, I updated the first post

Episode 6 (2/25/08): The DBSK segment with English subs imbedded

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gPXVMS1pDas

Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KlVnXjQvZ-0

Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOW39FYVVx0

Episode 6 (2/25/08): The other segment with Noh Sa Yeon, Shoo, Kim Tae Gyu, Jo Young Goo

50 stewardesses (flight attendants) were surveyed. The hiring rate is currently 300 to 1. The reason I was chosen to be a stewardess after the notoriously difficult interview process is because...?

Part 5: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eU0tpp4aJ9Y (starts at 2:17)

Part 6: http://youtube.com/watch?v=x1RnxChsads

Part 7: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXr8PLcnlYo

Part 8: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qnCiRTJRZMI

Heechul asked "Do all stewardesses have to have the same hair style?" to which Noh Sa Yeon stated "That is one of the reasons I never became a stewardess" (because she couldn't put back her front hair because she is considered to have a big head).

SDY said that the pronunciation of "stewardess" was difficult for him when he was he was in junior high so various folks talked about things they get confused about pronouncing... NSY says she often gets "kitchen" and "chicken" confused then talked about her little niece in America who doesn't speak Korean very well. When they asked her to sing a song, she said she would sing "Nabi (Butterfly)" but got "Nabi (butterfly)" and "-nari" from "Gaenari (Forsythia)" confused and proceeded to sing "Nari nari gaenari. except by changing nari into nabi.

NSY said she had something she was thinking about that she didn't want to say outloud because she wanted to be the one to give the answer. SDY told her that she could say it when it was her turn, but at least mention it since no one was going to use it. When Jung Chan Woo guessed her answer of a pretty smile, she went up to answer, but SDY said they have to go in order so she went back in. She told him not to do it and they proceeded to discuss what to answer between "bright/cheerful personality" and "positive personality." Even at the podium, he was trying to decide which of those two to answer then suddenly said, "Oh, what the heck... because of a pretty smile!" :lol:

JYG talked from personal experience of having taken 14 different tests to get into broadcasting on SBS (in Korea, you have to take a test to become an entertainer for a broadcasting company, it's basically equivalent to auditions for various aspects)... he took tests to become an announcer, comedian, dubbing artist, and even an actor. After 14 tries and fails, he finally made the cut as a MC in 1994. He said after having so many failed attempts, you gain experience so he thought maybe the stewardesses said "because of experience" or "because of endless attempts." SDY asked Heechul about how he auditioned to be in Super Junior so Heechul talked about the time he auditioned to be in SM back in 2002.

Heechul: I auditioned at the age of 20 when I came to Seoul to sightsee with two of my friends.

NSY: Where are you from?

Heechul: I'm from Kangwondo. Because I didn't know about this stuff back in Kangwondo, I looked up entertainment companies on the internet and our company (SM) had the fewest letters so I clicked on it first and they said that they were having auditions so I went. But when I got to Seoul, all the streets looked alike so I went to the auditions 30 minutes late. At first, they said 'I'm sorry, but you're too late' so I said 'oh, I am? ok' and then I raised my head slightly and they must have thought 'oh! This isn't right!' (:lol: the panelists were in a riot because Heechul was implying that they gave him a second chance because of his good looks :))

SDY: The person who came in for an audition was 30 minutes late and they were pushing them out of the door and then seeing their face 'Oh!'

Heechul: They grabbed me and asked me to sing a song, but I was so nervous and had been practicing all day the previous day so my vocal condition wasn't great so I messed up. But I guess they still thought they wanted to hang onto me because they asked me to sing the national anthem. Fortunately, I sang the anthem well so I got in.

KTG who got into MBC as a comedian at the same time as JCW also talked about his audition to become a comedian. He did the impersonation of Choi Joo Bong and Cha In Bong for his audition. JCW said he did a physical gag of putting a long hair under his armpits :lol:

NSY became a singer via College Song Competition that is held in Korea every year. It's a prestigious competition where college students enter singing an original song. They don't have to write the song themselves, but the song has to be new. Many a famous singer has been an alumni of College Song Competition. She sang "돌고 돌아가는 길 (Winding Road)" which became a hit song for her. She was awarded the Gold Prize in the 1978 College Song Competition which is basically 1st runner up to the grand prize. Other famous singers to come out of the 1978 competition were Bae Chul Soo, Shim Soo Bong, and Im Baek Chun.

SDY said "because of a small face" and NSY, JCW, and KTG who are all thought to be big-headed got upset and started talking back to SDY :) NSY went up to give her answer of "because of a big head" even though she knew it was the wrong answer, just for pride's sake. SDY tried to stop her, but she insisted and JCW and KTG went to join her at the podium to give the answer. Of course, it wasn't the right answer. Afterwards, Heechul said "because of a small face" again and NSY, JCW, and KTG kept saying "I told you not to give that answer!" "Let's not use that answer" :lol: Heechul said "Truthfully, there are things that we are unhappy about because we have a small face too" which they didn't believe and JCW responded "Have you ever stretched out a turtleneck shirt because of the size of your head?! The turtleneck becomes like a wifebeater!" SDY agreed with Heechul saying, "You can get stress from having a small head too. Honestly, it's because I have a small face that my features look so close together." KTG responded "Just imagine how much stranger it would look if someone who had a big face had features as close as yours." Heechul said, "It's not that my eyes, nose, and lips are big, it's just that my face is small. My eyes, nose, and lips are actually quite small." JCW was jokingly getting disgusted, saying, "Noona, let's get out of here!"

NSY: Honestly, if you look at TV, everyone's face is small, but in the real world, they look like aliens, we are actually the norm.

JCW: Don't you get a lot of 'oh, your face is smaller than I thought it would be' out in public?

Heechul: Of course, what person would look someone straight in the face and say, 'Noh Sa Yeon-sshi, you have a big head!'

NSY was so flustered that she couldn't even say anything coherently and Heechul realized his faux pas :lol: Heechul went up to the podium to give his answer of a small face such that it wouldn't upset them... "because your face isn't as big as one would think" to which JCW said "You, get over here!" :lol:

When the contestant got her second answer correct, JCW said "next week, it will become 7 vs 1" to which SDY added, "if contestants win too much money, it will become 7 vs 1 then 6 vs 1 and so on until it becomes 1 vs 1" :lol: SEJ added "Does that mean that the MC with the highest salary will be the first to go?" so everyone was saying how SDY will be the first to do and he got all embarrassed that his ears started turning red :) SDY said that the reason his ears turn red is because he's introverted and when he sees himself on TV that even he's astounded and proud. The contestant won the most prize money thus far... $3000. They said that all the answers fit NSY such as a strong physique, looks like she will get married late, can intrude, international appearance, loud voice, but the only things that didn't suit her was graceful, pretty appearance, and swept back hair :lol:

DO NOT take out of the 8 vs 1 thread.

Translated by damifino for www.cyworld.com/allaboutheenim

Guest damifino

OK, it's official... Solbi replaces Shim Eun Jin as one of the permanent MCs starting this week. They already changed the MC pic on the first page of the official website.

Guest kelalavue

Heechul said, "It's not that my eyes, nose, and lips are big, it's just that my face is small. My eyes, nose, and lips are actually quite small."

ahahahaha....i love heechul!!! He is hilarious!!!

Guest damifino

Episode 7 (3/3/08)

Part 1: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Q4Vmu10x7d8/

Part 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7ot7OhR5KOc/

Part 3: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FwEgjdiVtH4/

Introductions for Solbi as a new member of the 8 vs 1 family. Solbi expressed her joy at being part of the show and said that the show suited her very well because it's late at night and she can freely say what she wants.

Introductions of what they called guests of cherished memories

- celebrity couple Hong Seo Bum and Jo Gap Kyung who are famous for being a devoted couple and have been married for 14 years.

- '80s and '90s idol star Byun Jin Sup who is now i-deul (has two children) rather than idol :lol:

- Mithra Jin who is unlike current kids and has a round face like stars of old... Hong Seo Bum said that he looked like HIS hyung :) Heechul introduced Mithra as his best friend grabbing a hold of Mithra's hand (which they highlighted onscreen). Everyone was surprised they were the same age. JCW said that one is "youthful" and the other is "aged" and then said, "Don't hold hands, you guys look weird." Jo Gap Kyung chimed in with, "You guys look like you are about to announce your wedding"

They asked JGK whether she preferred singing a duet with Lee Jung Suk or her husband and she thought it was better with Lee Jung Suk. Solbi asked if she felt that way before her husband turned out the way he did (bushy hair and all) :lol: but she meant that he was really awesome when he was young. He told Solbi that her hair was worse than his because he turned out like the way he is now, but she's originally like the way she is :lol: JCW chimed in "if she is like this now, how will she turn out later" to which Solbi responded, "That's a problem for later." :lol:

Hong Seo Bum and Jo Gap Kyung sang their hit 내 사랑 투유 (My Love To You) which they said that they have to sing far apart each other because they spit every time they say "to you." HSB said that when they were young, they would WANT to catch each others' spit :lol: There is a 9 year age difference between the couple. BJS and his wife are 12 years apart to which JGK called him a cradle robber. Heechul commented that 9 year age difference is like him and Mithra's age and Sohee. JGK said, "Oh, you've been thinking about this!" which Heechul laughingly rebuked and Mithra and Heechul tried to one up each other.

BJS: It's not easy to remember the age difference you and someone who is 9 years younger than you so the fact that he knew instantly means there is something to it.

Mithra: That's all he thinks about, this guy.

Heechul: It's not that at all. Mithra Jin, he's already how old and he does online games with me and his online gaming name is "soshi soshi" from SNSD SNSD. His ID is "soshi soshi" and he's 26 years old.

Mithra: Kim Heechul who is 26 years old just like me has his ID is "wonder wonder" from Wonder Girls Wonder Girls.

Solbi: What the heck?!

JGK: You guys are well suited for each other.

Both Heechul and Mithra were looking down towards the ground and are told to hold hands which they did :lol:

50 company employees who have worked for the company for less than 1 year were surveyed. What is a secret that your married boss' wife doesn't know about? (16 answers)

Based on all the people who answered such a question, BJS said that Korean people are getting very brave these days compared to yesteryears. JCW chimed in that these are people who have given up on their careers.

SDY asked if JGK ever had anything that she was surprised to find out about her husband and she said, "Not surprised, but worse than I thought." JCW chimed in "His perm?" :lol: JGK said that HSB's sense of individuality is very strong, showing his nails which every other one was painted black to symbolize piano keys. He said that when he's playing the guitar, it gives him the sense that piano and guitar is in harmony. JGK assured him no one gets that feeling except him :lol:

SDY asked HSB remembers anything that he did. HSB said that when he got married, he gave over all of his bank accounts to his wife which he regretted. JGK said that he gave her 1 account which didn't even have very much and kept asking about it in a very upsetting way so she just gave it back a few years ago. She said if she held onto it any longer, it would have been divorce for them.

BJS said that he used to have many accounts. He said he had some secret accounts although not much and gave the answer of using said secret funds to invest in the stock market and losing it.

Mithra said that he invested in stocks without his parents' knowledge at one time. He listened to Tablo who said he had an inside tip that will get triple the investment. But within the first week, he lost 3 times as much :lol:

BJS confessed that he probably lost the most in investments. He's invested for about 10 years and he said he was about even, to which SDY replied that if he just put it in a savings account and that if you consider compound interest, he would have made a lot of money. JCW added "and with inflation..." BJS wasn't pleased :lol:

Mithra: This is something that I heard from a friend of a friend...

SDY: A friend is usually a friend, but a friend of a friend is really the person who is telling the story.

Mithra: This one couple weren't married, but were together for a long period of time. The guy started sowing his wild oats late. One day the woman called and she heard music blaring in the background and asked where he was. He said that he was at a work dinner. She said, 'Oh, ok' and hung up. Then all of a sudden, some woman came and kicked the guy in the stomach and said, 'Do you have work dinners at a nightclub while rubbing up against a woman?' The girlfriend was right there, having seen him clubbing with his friends. She was told of where he was by a friend who had seen him at the club.

Heechul: Even so, how could she kick his stomach... (rubs Mithra's stomach) so is your stomach ok now? :lol:

Mithra: It wasn't me!

HSB said a friend of his had a similar experience with a non-folding cellphone. He put his phone his front pocket and while out with friends without his wife's knowledge and dancing, the buttons accidentally got pressed and his quick-dial went to his house. His wife answered, but strange sounds were being transmitted so she recorded the call and it was a bar hostess conversing with her husband.

Heechul gave the answer of "bosses who sexually harass at work" and the discussion got into men who pretend that they can read palms and such (which is now apparently considered sexual harassment at the workplace in Korea). BJS claimed that HSB once told him... before he got married, of course... that that was the best way to pick up women which HSB says is preposterous.

JCW suggested "bosses who have girlfriends" and Solbi told him to go up and give his answers and he asked her why she doesn't go up so after a bit of back and forth she goes up and gives the answer of "men and women who are having affairs or are living with other people" :lol: The MCs were shocked at her answer and said that she can't go that far :lol: 7 bosses had girlfriends. So SDY slyly asked Heechul a question about girlfriends.

SDY: Do you have a female celebrity that you are currently dating?

Heechul: I've dated so many female celebrities in the past that now I've moved onto male celebrities :lol: I'm really joking, really joking! Ah, news articles might pop up.

JCW: Hold hands again.

SDY: Honestly, Heechul saying that he's dating male celebrities now was just a joke. The only thing that was true was that he's dated a lot of female celebrities in the past :lol:

HSB said that for a celebrity it's difficult to date because they are well known so there aren't many places that they can go which Heechul concurred. He said it was worse for him and his wife because they were both celebrities, but JCW chimed in and said that "No, it's not that, it's because of your hairstyle."

JCW gave the answer of "smoking at the office after telling the wife that they quit."

Heechul: Do women generally dislike men who smoke?

Solbi: No, not me.

Heechul: Of course, since you would smoke in front of his face.

Solbi: Why are you being like this? I don't smoke.

SDY: No, she wouldn't smoke in front of his face.

Solbi: Why are you being like this?

SDY: Solbi, so when did you quit smoking? :lol:

Solbi: Huh?

SDY: (fishing) Maybe you were curious so you smoked briefly rather than saying you quit...

Solbi: Who knows. It's not something I want to remember. I don't remember much about when I was young.

Heechul: Uh, it's just something that was thrown out, but there must be some truth to it! :lol:

Solbi: That's not true! It's nothing like that! :lol:

HSB: Boys and girls, don't even start smoking.

Heechul: I'm sorry to say this, but you saying that with your hair... :lol:

Heechul gave the answer of "past romantic history... just as we know about SDY and JCW's past romantic history" to which JCW said, "how long have you known me to know something like that?!" and 1 person said "the boss had 300 girlfriends before marriage" and Solbi wanted to see his face because he seemed like he'd be really cool. All the MCs said that true to form, Solbi follows the beat of a different drum. She said that she'd feel proud to have a guy who had 300 girlfriends before her as her husband since now he was just with her. HSB tried to discourage her by saying that men who are players will forever be players and that it's even passed down to the next generation so the kids will be players too :lol:

BJS gave the answer of secretly frequenting establishments such as bars and such and Heechul innocently said, "Mithra and I have no idea what you guys are talking about" to which JCW said, "What a crock!"

BJS was also convinced that there was a secret child somewhere among the answers.

HSB said, "How about forced to resign"? to which BJS said, "That's what I said earlier" except no one remembered him saying it... "Oh, I guess I didn't say it and was just thinking of it internally." :lol: HSB gave the answer, but it wasn't the correct answer.

BJS: I told you, there wouldn't be that type of answer in this type of a survey

HSB: Didn't you say that you were thinking of this answer?

BJS: That's why I just thought of it and didn't say anything :lol:

A contestant came out to answer the 5 answers that were left. Solbi showed interest when she saw him because she said he was good looking, had a good job, 27 years old, and single until he said he had a girlfriend.

One of the answers the contestant gave was "the boss peed and pooed in his pants" and JCW was seriously like "hasn't everyone experienced that?" He told of his experience. It was after he'd had too much to drink. He and Kim Tae Gyu along with a couple of important people were headed to a coffee shop and he had gas so he was trying to pass gas, but instead something else came out...eeeeew. So while he was walking along, he made a side trip to a building and cleaned up. They asked him what he did with his underwear and he said he threw it away and walked around commando. He was really surprised that he was the only one with this experience and confessed that truthfully, it happened to him twice :lol:

The final answer that was revealed was "behaving like a bachelor" to which JGK said "no one acts like that here do they?" to which SDY replied, "celebrities can't act that way even if they wanted to. They are just the opposite, they act like they are in a good relationship even when they aren't. Don't you find that difficult?" She looked slyly at her husband and said "It's hard." :) She told her husband, "If you get a girlfriend, tell me. Don't think of the wife as being scary. Everything needs to be discussed." Heechul played along and pretended to be a husband and said, "Honey, today I got a girlfriend and she's really fine." :lol:

I'll get to question 2 later...

Guest iflytothesky

"You guys look like you are about to announce your wedding"

Heechul: It's not that at all. Mithra Jin, he's already how old and he does online games with me and his online gaming name is "soshi soshi" from SNSD SNSD. His ID is "soshi soshi" and he's 26 years old.

Mithra: Kim Heechul who is 26 years old just like me has his ID is "wonder wonder" from Wonder Girls Wonder Girls.

Solbi: What the heck?!

JGK: You guys are well suited for each other.

Both Heechul and Mithra were looking down towards the ground and are told to hold hands which they did :lol:

HAHAHA this part totally cracked me up :lol: chul and mithra are seriously still children at heart i swear :D

yet they are of marriagable age alr LOL.

and they actually said their gaming ID out ROFL. now they would have to change it hahaha :lol:

thanks a lot for this damifino! ^_________^

Guest silverwingz

^

^ thanks for summary damifino. such interesting discussions! and lol @ the Heechul-Mithra Couple!

Guest hxh_shami

thank you very very very much for this,I don't know korean but with your trans now I can enjoy this show,and thank you for link download,too

heenim so adorable and Mithra likes him very much,they so close :P

now Suju's members do MC for many show and I'm so happy to see them usually.

once again,thank you very much for your hard working

Guest damifino

^

^

^

^

^ When JGK said, "You guys look like you are about to announce your wedding," she didn't mean that each was old enough to announce their wedding, but rather that they looked like they were making a wedding announcement for their wedding TO EACH OTHER since they were holding hands and all :lol:

From the Heechul thread, posted by meilhette... heechul in 8 vs 1 ep 7

hee8vs1.jpg

hee8vs1-2.jpg

credits: sjmarket

reup by meilhette ^^;;

Guest kelalavue

Mithra: This is something that I heard from a friend of a friend...

SDY: A friend is usually a friend, but a friend of a friend is really the person who is telling the story.

Mithra: This one couple weren't married, but were together for a long period of time. The guy started sowing his wild oats late. One day the woman called and she heard music blaring in the background and asked where he was. He said that he was at a work dinner. She said, 'Oh, ok' and hung up. Then all of a sudden, some woman came and kicked the guy in the stomach and said, 'Do you have work dinners at a nightclub while rubbing up against a woman?' The girlfriend was right there, having seen him clubbing with his friends. She was told of where he was by a friend who had seen him at the club.

Heechul: Even so, how could she kick his stomach... (rubs Mithra's stomach) so is your stomach ok now?

Mithra: It wasn't me!

ahahahaha....Heechul cracks me up!!!! He looks super hot in this episode!!! I love his stlyle

Thank you for the translation!!!!!

Guest Ringy

^ I totally agree, but my favorite is still him with short black hair.... ahhh *photoalbum time* :sweatingbullets:

- Mithra Jin who is unlike current kids and has a round face like stars of old... Hong Seo Bum said that he looked like HIS hyung :) Heechul introduced Mithra as his best friend grabbing a hold of Mithra's hand (which they highlighted onscreen). Everyone was surprised they were the same age. JCW said that one is "youthful" and the other is "aged" and then said, "Don't hold hands, you guys look weird." Jo Gap Kyung chimed in with, "You guys look like you are about to announce your wedding"

-------------------------

-------------------------

JCW: Hold hands again.

OMG LOL, I haven't been able to watch the episode yet but even in my head this is like the funniest thing ever.

I am happy Solbi has joined the team, she is making me laugh so hard. Especially about wanting to see the guys' face because he may look cool. I would have said the exact same thing!! :phew:

Thank you so much for the translation! & everyone for the pictures! I can see from them that Heechul talked about Kibum! <3

Also, I upped the episode....

HQ 8 vs. 1 - Episode Seven

Guest damifino

^ Thanks for the links. I updated the first post :)

I too think Solbi is a better match for the format of this show than Shim Eun Jin. I thought since Heechul and Shim Eun Jin were buddy buddy in real life that it would translate into more on air chemistry (sort of like a brother/sister, buddy vibe), but for some reason, it didn't. I think they needed a more peculiar or brash ajummah type of MC who is willing to talk about issues frankly to compliment Shin Dong Yup, Heechul, and Jung Chan Woo. Solbi is a step towards the right direction and I like the odd-thinking AB siblings combo (Heechul and Solbi), but I still think it might have been better if they had gone with an brash older ajummah type.

On a side note, thus far, SBS 8 vs 1 had been competing against KBS's "Chattering of Beauties" and MBC's "Jipijigi" and slowly making headway, but MBC decided to canceled "Jipijipi" due to the declining ratings and appears to be moving one of their top rated shows "Come to Play" in their Monday night timeslot. I hope 8 vs 1 will be able to stand on its own against 2 power houses such as "Chattering of Beauties" and "Come to Play" :unsure: By some strange coincidences though, the 3 show hosts of SBS Sunday Night lineup (Shin Dong Yup, Yoo Jae Suk, and Nam Hee Suk) will be going up against each other in the same Monday night timeslot :lol:

Here are some questions/discussions from this thread I've missed that I wanted to address...

HAHA. and im starting to love solbi from these 2 episodes. any idea why she has so many antis? this combi of Long Living people are super funny. they should come often!

I like Solbi too. She is unlike most Korean female celebrities her age... which is probably why she has so many antis. Most younger female celebrities try to act all shy and coquettish/innocent which is generally the type that Korean folks tend to like. I think Solbi is too brash and frank for your average Korean tastes. For that reason, many seem to think of her frankness as her lacking manners.

Oh, Solbi's mouth was ripped before?! That's ....:ph34r: too scary.

Not Solbi, but rather Shim Eun Jin during the filming of her drama.

thanx damifino for the translation..haven't got the time to watch it on weekdays..i love heechul + mithra couple!~ epikjunior love!~ soshisoshi and wonderwonder?? ahaha..no wonder they are such good friends..their way of thinking is very much the SAME!~ :lol:

i too prefer solbi than Shim Eun Jin..she is more suitable for the show!~good for her!~

Guest damifino

Episode 7 (3/3/08)... Question 2

Part 5: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zXjeX3a8III (starts at 3:00)

Part 6: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rxIEX6XUzKw

Part 7: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xe9cmIByum8

Part 8: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4nnGc_YLmO4

Part 9: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f1QN_CzpyEI

50 people whose alcohol tolerance level is at least 5 bottles (of soju) were surveyed. What is the most embarrassing place you've woken up after having passed out drunk the previous day? (21 answers)

Folks commenting on how there seems to be a lot of women among the 50 surveyed (1/3)... Heechul chimes in "women's alcohol tolerance levels are very high."

Solbi said that while her alcohol tolerance level isn't so high now, but a long time ago she could drink 7-8 bottles. Now, she converted to soju-beer mix. Hong Seo Bum said that when he and Jo Gap Kyung were dating, she would drink soju from a pint glass as if it were beer.

SDY talked about a recent outing with SuJu members...

SDY: Recently, there was an outing where I had a chance to drink with SuJu members and wow... Kim Heechul-sshi. He looks very delicate...

JGK: He looks like he'd get drunk after only drinking a little.

SDY: He looks like he'd get drunk after only drinking a little, get red in the face, and giggle, but he can drink endlessly. He's a bottomless drinker. But the other Super Junior members were shocked. So I said, why are you so shocked when he can drink so well? They said that this is the first time they've seen Heechul drink with only men present. They said Heechulie hyung doesn't drink without women around :lol:

Heechul: (laughs) Watching 8 vs 1, my parents commented, "Heechul, maybe it's because you've been MCing with SDY, but you too have this habit of politely knocking people down a peg. You must be learning to be a good MC."

SDY: It's fun this way.

Heechul: "Before when you used to do shows with Kang Ho Dong, you used to blatantly knock people down a peg (like KHD), but now you do it politely (like SDY)." Seriously, SDY hyung is very awesome... when he's with the guys, he's very macho with a woman on each side.

(ONSCREEN: SDY... I've lost.)

Mithra Jin said that the times he got the most drunk were once right after high school graduation and the other was last year. He said that last year he got so drunk that he thought to himself "people could die drinking." He said it was the scariest alcohol he'd ever drank. He got it from trot singer Tae Jin Ah (Eru's father) when they came to a concert in the US (probably for Hollywood Bowl). Mostly when they give soju-beer combination, they put a small portion of soju and then fill up the rest of the cup with beer, but Tae Jin Ah did the opposite and put a small portion of beer and then filled up the rest of the cup with soju. Epik High couldn't refuse since TJA is their sunbae and his friend Eru's father so he drank. At first it was fine, but after a while they were starting to feel sick so headed back to the hotel. Then it got urgent and they were fighting over who'd use the bathroom first, but then thought that since all of them couldn't use the bathroom at once, they needed to separate so each member got off at a different floor and got sick.

SDY relayed his story of getting drunk badly which happens once in about every 5 years for him. He was sleeping in the livingroom at a friend's house and he thinks he threw up there because he couldn't make it to the bathroom, but when he woke up the next morning, the floor was clean. He felt bad that his friend cleaned up after him, but then noticed that his friend was still asleep. Then he noticed that his friend's dog's stomach was full and he had a satisfied look on his face EEEEEWWW :lol:

Solbi said there might be folks who wake up at their neighbor's house and Heechul relayed a story about Kibum.

Heechul: Our member Kibum lives apart from us. Occasionally at dawn, a female neighbor would bang on his door while Kibum is asleep. He would ask, "Who is it?" and a drunk women would yell for him to open the door. When Kibum opens the door, she says, "Oh, Kim Kibum lives at my house! Super Junior lives at my house" and just barges in.

Then Heechul gave his answer...

Heechul: I think this answer will be there, motel. I've slept at a motel. Is this too big a blow to my image?

BJS: It's not that, I just think it's too common.

Heechul: Before debut, I too have... (stops mid-sentence)

SDY: (curious) Before debut...

Heechul: (smiles) Should I give the answer of motel? (gets up to answer and SDY grabs Heechul to continue with his story )

Solbi: What kind of story do you have?

HSB: It's ok, just say it freely.

Heechul: It's nothing bad. Before debut, my friend Typhoon from Trax and I went to a nightclub for the first time ever and got drunk. We had to get back to the dorm, but couldn't get a hold of Donghae on the phone so we ended up going to a motel. Back then before debut, I used to have very long red hair in a ponytail and wore pink clothes and Typhoon is very masculine looking. We went to a motel and the owner lady at the front desk looked up at us and then said, "Are you going to be spending the night or just resting (i.e. renting by the hour)?" :lol:

BJS: She must have thought you were a woman.

Heechul: So we said, "Spending the night." Then she sighed and prepared things like toothbrush and such for us and then grabbed something and said, "do I need to give you this?" :lol: :lol: It was a very embarrassing situation. Before debut, I really had long hair.

JGK: She saw you as a woman.

When he went to give his answer of motel:

Heechul: Well, it's not as if I went to a motel to do anything illicit. It was difficult (being me) because even before debut, I had a face that stood out :lol:

Solbi & JCW: Whatever, fine, just get the answer :)

Heechul: "Are you going to be spending the night or just resting (i.e. renting by the hour)? $50 for spending the night and $25 for just resting"... motel :lol:

Solbi gave the answer of a bar and told of her experience of drinking something that the bartender mixed for her and passing out right away. She said she woke up 30 minutes later to the surprise of the bartender who said that she was the first person to drink his drink and actually get up again. Most people pass out for the whole night after drinking his drink.

SDY relayed a story of his friends who went to a karaoke bar and were partying with about 10 friends. The guy was dating someone and while partying, the couple went underneath the table and were drinking and having fun and eventually fell asleep. When they woke up, their friends were gone and new customers were sitting at their table. If he were alone, he could have gotten up and left, but since he was with his girlfriend, they didn't want to make a scene.

SDY relayed another story about being taken down to the police station about a month after he debuted because some colleagues of his got into a fight. The police were called and wanted to take his colleagues down to the station, but he tried to prevent them by having his colleagues make a run for it so while his colleagues got away, he was taken to the police station. They were berating him so he said that he wasn't going to stand there and take that kind of treatment since he didn't do anything wrong so he said that he was going to call the newspapers and went to the payphone and pretended to call a reporter. But after he was done pretending and he hung up the phone, the coin from the payphone dropped, making it obvious that he was just pretending. The police thought he was rather amusing so they let him go :lol:

Mithra Jin said that in his early 20s, because they do a lot of performances at clubs, they'd finish performing and then sleep at playgrounds nearby, either on benches or playground sets. He slept on slides, the top part. He said if you go to the rich neighborhoods, the slides have roof on the top so it was a good place to sleep.

HSB said that this was a story he heard from singer Pyo In Bong. Pyo In Bong and Bae Dong Sung were drunk, talking about their friendship and fell backwards. He said it was so warm that he just fell asleep there. It turns out he fell asleep in the middle of the street where they had just laid out new asphalt so when he woke up, he couldn't get up because he was stuck. A passerby had to help him get out of his clothes and cut parts of his hair that were stuck to the asphalt.

SDY talked about what actor Jung Joon Ho said on a talk show once. JJH once got drunk and wanted to get some fresh air so he stepped out and laid down on the back of a truck to rest. Then next morning, the sun was shining brightly and the clouds were passing by fast. Apparently, the trunk he was in the back of was heading out towards the countryside and he had to call to get someone to pick him up :lol:

HSB talked about an incident where he and singer Bae Chul Soo had been drinking. Due to the curfews, he went to a friend's house nearby and slept. The next morning, his friend's mother woke him up. He apologized for having barged in like he did. She said, "That's fine, but why did you bring a bum with you?" :lol: Bae Chul Soo is a singer who is known for being a bit on the scruffy and dirty side.

SDY talked about a friend who was drunk who slept over at his house. The friend was so drunk that when he got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, he opened the closet door and took his pants down to pee. He tried to stop him, but since he already started, he couldn't stop him. SDY dragged him to the bathroom, but the guy peed from his room, to the livingroom, all the way to the bathroom and then was finished by the time they reached the bathroom.

Heechul went up to give the answer of "a friend's house" and complained that his friend from Kangwondo came to visit him and threw up a lot and then tried to blame it on Heechul's cat, saying that Heebummie threw up.

Archived