[variety] 8 Vs 1 (대결 8대1)

Guest damifino

Guest tvxqbuzz7921

I didn't notice, sorry! :sweatingbullets: Thanks for telling me!

HQ EPISODE SIX FULL

thanks for sharing this! i accidentally got a dbsg cut version from elsewhere but wanted to see the whole show....thanks for sharing :D

i haven't watched the show since the new format, but the new format sounds A LOT better.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

Episode 8 (3/10/08)

Part 1: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1mm1P4QaaB0/

Part 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ucP8I2DcdIo/

Part 3: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/GN8gPGQNong/

From the Heechul thread, posted by KiMHyoBiN

ff80503fc8527ad27d1e71bb.jpg

credit:永远の翅膀@baidu

upload:dangerousjenny@sjcc

http://sjcelebs.invisionplus.net

Please take out with full credit

From the Non-Clubbox download thread, LQ download of episode 6...

080225 8 vs. 1 -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S8N3FCMH

credits to: soheun's cb + hloo's cb

Guest miss_h

Thanks for all the translation, pics, and link...

Why do i'm not surprise with that hotel incident... I totally can imagine it.

Even my friends (who are boys who is straight) when i show him heechul pics (back in the day where he, kibum, trax, and kangin i think) where he have his hair black and tied up he imidiately say : who's she??? she is so beautiful. Me and his girlfriend just giggling :lol:

And yes he is beautiful :D

And i think heechul and solbi comes from the same planet :) They are cute together. Heechul and SDY also have a good chemistry, SDY is such a great MC. He know how to lead people without actually show that he is leading them.

Guest damifino

Episode 8 (03/10/08)

Guests: Lee Jae Eun, Yoo Chae Young, Song Eun Ee, Kim Han Suk

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKfGeiVLlL8

Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6zE4aIC5ZTg

Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Td9imVJuFJ0

Part 4: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q3KdhHqNLgM

Part 5: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BT_sUUDInrg

Song Eun Ee (SEE) said that the last person she dated was 6 years ago. Kim Han Suk (KHS) said that the guy sent SEE 1000 roses to an event she was performing in. She said she was embarrassed and didn't know what to do. SDY mentioned that because SEE hasn't dated much for so long, there were rumors around that SEE was a lesbian because she was so close to this other female celebrity so he went up to her one day (they are really close in real life) and asked her, "So I hear you are a lesbian?" SEE said that she heard that a lot, not only about that celebrity, but also her close friend Kim Suk. She said that they both had a good laugh over it because it was so ridiculous... as if they'd date each other :lol:

KHS said that he also had a gay rumor about him because he was single for so long. The rumor was that he was Hong Suk Chun's first boyfriend (Hong Suk Chun is the only openly gay celebrity in Korea. He came out a few years ago.) SDY mentioned that he used to be in a sitcom with HSC and the male cast members of the sitcom used to hang out a lot, going to bathhouses and saunas after work. He said he suspected something was different about HSC, but was shocked when HSC came out. KHS said that the rumor started because HSC came out of the closet because of him. Back then, he used to host a truth telling segment on a variety show on KBS where they would sit around holding candles, answering various questions. HSC was a guest on the program, but the Q&A segment was so boring that in order to liven up the atmosphere, KHS threw out a joke question without much thought "I hear you are more interested in men then women, is it true?" to HSC so that HSC could say his popular catchphrase at the time "Oh, you're so cheeky!" But rather than saying his catchphrase, HSC suddenly said, "I'll take this opportunity to say it. It was during my second year of junior high." He said his entire story and cried. HSC was being so honest that KHS couldn't tell him to stop so he listened. Suddenly the environment of the variety show turned into that of a documentary. They gathered all the guests and the staff and told them to keep this a secret so as to protect HSC's personal life since back then it was unheard of for a celebrity to come out, but a week later HSC come out in public.

They talked about KHS's recent wedding (he's been married a month). Apparently, he cried during the congratulatory song while his wife consoled him instead of the other way around for most couples. He said he was so grateful to her for loving him when he is so lacking.

Yoo Chae Young (YCY) is getting married in September to someone she's been friends with for 10 years and has dated for a little over a year now. She said the first kiss was about a month after they first started dating, on Christmas eve on the middle of the dance floor. Everyone around them clapped. She said she is grateful to her fiance because he saw past her image... recently she came in 1st in two surveys, as the celeb who looks like they can cuss the best and the celeb most likely to hit and spit on you as you pass by. The other folks were saying, in truth, it's hard to hit AND spit at the same time :lol: SEE said that she recently came in #2 on a list herself, right below Moon Geun Young... as the celeb most likely to be an immaculate virgin :lol: Solbi said she was getting a bit worried because her image isn't your average girl either and the worst part is that it's not just her image, but her real life persona :lol:

Survey Topics:

50 men who have experienced being slapped by a women were surveyed. What have you experienced that was more humiliating than getting slapped by a woman? (19 answers)

Solbi has slapped a guy before. A few years ago, she caught her boyfriend cheating on her so she broke up with him. He came apologizing and tried to slit his wrists in front of her so she was scared and slapped him. He started crying continuing to apologize then all of a sudden he got angry and grabbed her by the neck saying, "Why did you hit me?" So she beat the crap out of him :lol:

KHS told the story of a friend who caught his girlfriend cheating on him so he slapped her. But instead of apologizing for cheating, she hit him back. Then he forgot himself and said "Even though I'm the one who hit her, I was the one who was taken aback" :lol:

YCY told of an incident where she slapped someone. She was at a movie premiere and going up the escalator with an usher. She was wearing a miniskirt and ahead of the usher when she felt her skirt being lifted up. Apparently, the usher was moving around his walkie talkie and the antenna got caught under her skirt. It was unintentional on his part, but she had a momentary reflex action.

KHS talked about his parents' first date. They went on a blind date and his father didn't say a single word throughout the date. His mother thought that his father had no interest in her since he didn't talk the entire time. Then while he was driving his mother back to her house which was an hour and a half away and as he was approaching her house, he just stretched his arm and put his hand on her breast O_O She asked him, "What are you doing?!" "I just wanted to touch it." But if you were meant to be together, even the strange things that they do appear interesting to you. After she came home, she thought he was honest and likable.

Heechul: Hyungnim, could I use that somewhere?

KHS: Why would you want to use my parents' story?

Heechul: That technique... (realizing his error) Oh, I'm sorry, I mean that line. It's just so honest.

Having your girlfriend cheat on you...

AB couple mini-play #1:

Solbi: It's been a while since we last met.

Heechul: It has been awhile. Glad to meet you.

Heechul: Solbi...

Solbi: It's been awhile.

Heechul: I hear you are seeing another man.

Solbi: Yeah, sorry.

Heechul: Are you kidding? How can you do this to me? Are you kidding?

Solbi: Hey, why can't I meet someone who is better than you?

Heechul: Is there such a thing? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Solbi: Oppa! (SDY walks up) Oppa, this is my ex-boyfriend, but he's acting so clingy. Honestly!

JCW: (jumps in as Solbi's other boyfriend) Solbi, what is all this?

Heechul: Dad, what are you doing here?

JCW: Son!

Solbi: What is this?

Heechul: This is like a weekend drama and morning drama all mixed together.

Solbi said that when she used to fight with her ex-boyfriend, she didn't "fight" with him, she more like belittled and ignored him.

Heechul and YCY gave the answer of when you get hit/poked in the head by a woman and the answer contained getting hit in the head as well as kicked in the groin area so Heechul was joking with SEE... since women poke men in the head, what if they did the same with their groin area :lol: YCY said that she once hit someone in the groin to which Heechul replied, "Like this (doing the poking gesture)?" :lol: She accidentally hit a back dancer in the groin and he was laid out throughout the rest of the dance. SEE suggested that the back dancer should have had someone slap his butt because she's seen them do that, but no one knew why so the show actually asked a doctor and showed a clip of his response... he said hitting the guy's back or butt or rubbing his lower belly relieves the pain of getting hit in the groin.

KHS started talking about another couple he knew where the woman was a volleyball player and the guy was shorter than the girl and said "because I was shorter" :lol: Yet another instance where he was talking about himself??? He claims he just misspoke :)

To be continued...

DO NOT take out of the 8 vs 1 thread.

Translated by damifino for www.cyworld.com/allaboutheenim

Guest damifino

Continued...

Part 6: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bmlPq4-9w60

Part 7: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_oQ7TADT30s

Part 8: http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_3u1tNCUOE

Part 9: http://youtube.com/watch?v=o40heDvVqYE

Solbi gave the answer of "when a woman can outdrink you." She said that once a male celeb invited her for a drink because he said he heard that she likes to drink and he also likes to drink. She went with him and he got drunk and started talking about his personal life. Then he passed out by the time she returned from the bathroom and she had to send him home in a taxi. Solbi went to give her answer with KHS, but everyone made fun of her for talking like a bar hostess.

KHS talked about being treated like a child by an female college upperclassman and how she patted him on the butt and forced him to go and wait for her in the woman's bathroom while she did her business. SDY doesn't think that men would consider sexual harassment a bad thing :)

AB couple mini-play #2:

Heechul: Being treated as a toy/play thing

Solbi: Should we do the same thing (as KHS's story)? First, stand up.

Heechul: Next time, can't we have women who have been slapped by men? It's always the men who are at the receiving end.

Solbi: Hey, follow me. Get on your knees.

SDY: You are going to do the whole thing exactly? (Heechul smacks Solbi's arm)

Heechul: Just do being treated as a toy/play thing.

Solbi: Ah, you're so pretty! Just look at your hair. Sit down. Oh, I want to have a piggyback ride (gets on Heechul's back)

Heechul: Hey, this isn't a woman making fun of or mocking the guy, but more of the woman using her strength (Solbi pushes Heechul down for making fun of her :lol:) This is an incident of the woman using her strength! (grabs his back in pain where Solbi sat on him)

Solbi: When a woman mocks the guy. "Ah, so pretty!"

Heechul: I'm sure I'm prettier than you :)

Solbi suggested when a woman leads the guy in physical affection and putting down the man's ability. Heechul said he was thinking of the same thing and talked about his own experience.

Heechul: For me it was like this (pretends to kiss SDY)... "Is this the first time you've kissed?"

AB couple mini-play #3:

Heechul: Honestly, in a DVD room... (everyone laughs)

JCW: Was it a noona (an older woman)?

Heechul: Yes, she was a year older. And it was while watching "Shrek 2"!

SEE: Maybe she borrowed that to set your mind at ease.

Heechul: I'm the one who borrowed the movie too!

(Heechul and Solbi start their play acting by pretending to kiss)

SDY: It's too obvious that you two aren't kissing for the camera angle.

Solbi: This is the first time I'm doing something like this.

ACTION

Solbi: (watching a movie) Oh, this is very fun.

Heechul: (grabs Solbi for a kiss)

Solbi: Hey, are you joking? Is this the first time you've ever kissed? Oh, this is so so. Read a book or watch a video or something. You say it. Kim Heechul-sshi, say it.

Heechul: (looks dejected) You want me to say this?

Solbi: It's a bit awkward for me to say.

Heechul: Answer, "Hey, is this your first kiss? What is this?" (Heechul stays still looking at the board)

Solbi: (pats Heechul on the back) Good job.

Heechul: (puts his head down in shame then goes back to his seat, gives words of warning) I'll see you again next week! :lol:

Regarding being ridiculed because of your looks:

Heechul: It's totally upsetting when SDY-hyung or I get told we have small faces.

JCW: Be quiet!

Solbi: (to JCW) Why? Is your face big? It's not that big.

JCW: (strangely feeling worse after having that question asked) My face isn't big, it just looks big because I have small shoulders.

Solbi: That's true and your facial features are big too.

JCW: Why are you being like this?

Heechul: I think there will be something about looks. For example, if the woman is with her boyfriend and watching TV... "Oh, Kim Heechul is so good looking, but you... Kim Heechul is so awesome" :lol: When your looks are compared to someone else.

They went to answer the question and Heechul, JCW, and Solbi did a small skit:

Solbi: Oh, I thought you were wearing a helmet. Why is your head so big? Your head is really big.

Heechul: Why are you being like this to us?

Solbi: Oh my, how old are you?

Heechul: 26.

Solbi: Oh my, you are 26 and you have red hair. Are you Ann (Red-haired Ann is a cartoon)?

Heechul: Why you! (gets up and grabs his cushion to throw at Solbi :lol:) Your head isn't that small either.

Solbi: At least it's not big... like JCW oppa :lol:

When being made fun of because you look old... SEE went up to give answer.

Heechul: SEE-sshi looks quite young, as if you are thirty... (after some pause) six or seven-ish :lol:

When being made fun of because you are too young...

Heechul: (in baby talk) "Come back after you've had more breast milk from your mommy... should noona give you some breast milk?"

SDY: "Should noona give you some breast milk" just sounds strange :lol:

When being mistaken for a molester... SEE talked about an incident that happened to her. She was getting off the bus late at night and she heard a noise from behind. She saw a man going to the side behind her so she got scared and she started walking fast. The woman in front of her started walking fast so she thought she too must have been scared by the man, except that when the guy turned to a different street, the woman continued to walk faster as SEE started walking faster :lol:

DO NOT take out of the 8 vs 1 thread.

Translated by damifino for www.cyworld.com/allaboutheenim

ETA

Seeing as all these 8 vs 1 translations are just very rough translations I've been doing loosely while watching the video, please do not take out of the thread and post them elsewhere. They aren't anything I want spread elsewhere as being the definitive translations or anything. I've been doing them just for non-Korean viewers on Soompi to get a gist of what is being talked about, nothing more.

I've seen several folks who have taken my 8 vs 1 translations and subbed them onto videos on YouTube without permission (not Muishie... she does her own translations and wonderfully, I might add). I ask once again PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE TRANSLATIONS OUT OF THE 8 vs 1 THREAD.

Guest kelalavue

Thanx for the translation!!! Heechul is hilarious as always!!!

heechul and his orange hair is just super hot!! But of course heenim is alwasy hot no matter what he does with his style!!

Guest silverwingz

thanks for yet another great summary Eunice! the AB couple is so funny. i'm glad Solbi joined them permanently.

thanks for the translation i almost forgot toread it because my mother i walking back and forth behind my back an afraid that she would 'accidentally' read it. Even it just the word kiss is enough to make her give me weird looks

anyway

They talked about KHS's recent wedding (he's been married a month). Apparently, he cried during the congratulatory song while his wife consoled him instead of the other way around for most couples. He said he was so grateful to her for loving him when he is so lacking.

KHS seems so sweet

Solbi has slapped a guy before. A few years ago, she caught her boyfriend cheating on her so she broke up with him. He came apologizing and tried to slit his wrists in front of her so she was scared and slapped him. He started crying continuing to apologize then all of a sudden he got angry and grabbed her by the neck saying, "Why did you hit me?" So she beat the crap out of him

omg solbi is so fierce. i can imagine he beat the guy they should make a skit for this LOL

Guest damifino

For some reason, Heechul isn't going to be on this coming week :( Eunhyuk is subbing for the first segment while Kibum is subbing for the second segment, but with the same 4 guests for both segments :blink: Someone on the 8 vs 1 webpage said something about Heechul having recently got lasik surgery and possibly resting as a result of that, but I'm not sure how true that information is.

Eunhyuk is apparently going to talk about Shindong and Kangin in his segment about things that surprised you about the someone you lived with for more than 6 months.

Kibum is going to talk about Heechul, Heebum, and Heechul's minihompy in his segment about friends who betray you.

Not that I'm not happy to see Eunhyuk and Kibum, but I am bummed because I wanted to hear Heechul's answers to the betrayal question... he has talked about being betrayed by a sunbae before, but never elaborated. Also, the guests... Geun Bora is the actress who played his fake mother on "Bad Family" and Park Sang Chul is the trot singer who sings Heechul's favorite trot song "Moojogun." I wanted to see their interaction :(

Guest heeki

^wait wait!!! so heechul not with them!!! NO~~~ ><, I was so happy when I read that kibum will be in this show " kichul<3" I want heechul to be there TT_TT

Guest Ringy

^ Ah, that would have been so awesome! Hopefully Super Junior members will come as guests on the show with Heechul sometime soon.

LOL Heechul looks so pimp in this! If I saw him talking to a girl like that on the street I would think she owed him money or something.

And i think heechul and solbi comes from the same planet :) They are cute together. Heechul and SDY also have a good chemistry, SDY is such a great MC. He know how to lead people without actually show that he is leading them.

Oh, I completely agree! I think he is really smart in not getting offended when others make fun of him and keep the joke going. He also has this funny way of digging into peoples lives which seems so very innocent LOL. He is just like a little devilish kid to me. :sweatingbullets:

KHS talked about his parents' first date. They went on a blind date and his father didn't say a single word throughout the date. His mother thought that his father had no interest in her since he didn't talk the entire time. Then while he was driving his mother back to her house which was an hour and a half away and as he was approaching her house, he just stretched his arm and put his hand on her breast O_O She asked him, "What are you doing?!" "I just wanted to touch it." But if you were meant to be together, even the strange things that they do appear interesting to you. After she came home, she thought he was honest and likable.

OMG, haha. I cannot believe that worked out for him. I thought that would be an instance in which the guy was slapped.

Thanks for more summaries! :)

For some reason, Heechul isn't going to be on this coming week :( Eunhyuk is subbing for the first segment while Kibum is subbing for the second segment, but with the same 4 guests for both segments :blink: Someone on the 8 vs 1 webpage said something about Heechul having recently got lasik surgery and possibly resting as a result of that, but I'm not sure how true that information is.

Eunhyuk is apparently going to talk about Shindong and Kangin in his segment about things that surprised you about the someone you lived with for more than 6 months.

Kibum is going to talk about Heechul, Heebum, and Heechul's minihompy in his segment about friends who betray you.

Not that I'm not happy to see Eunhyuk and Kibum, but I am bummed because I wanted to hear Heechul's answers to the betrayal question... he has talked about being betrayed by a sunbae before, but never elaborated. Also, the guests... Geun Bora is the actress who played his fake mother on "Bad Family" and Park Sang Chul is the trot singer who sings Heechul's favorite trot song "Moojogun." I wanted to see their interaction :(

At least Heechul will still be there within Kibums story. =) I do wonder about who has betrayed him though. Maybe that will come up in an upcoming episode.

I put up the new episode...

HQ 8 vs. 1 - Episode 8

Part 1 l Part 2

Hee CHul wil not be together with them? Lasik surgery ???? This make me so sad :tears:

Oppa get some rest and get well soon ..

Agree with you, Dami.. want to see him interact with a lot of people which has connected to him such as Geun Bora and Park Sang Chul .. who knows if he was there, he and PSC wil do some duet or sort of things ... :blush:

Guest silverwingz

aww.. it's too bad Heechul won't be there... Lasik Surgery?! that came out of the blue!

anyway, i'm excited to hear what Eunhyuk and Kibum are going to say tho.

Guest damifino

I guess this is the reason Shim Eun Jin left the show... she has been cast as the lead in a MBC drama that will air after "Before and After Plastic Surgery" ends. It's called "라이프 생명 특별조사팀 (Life Special Investigation Team)." It will start airing on April 11. Solbi will also have a part in the drama.

http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/sports/2008...11265791970.htm

Guest damifino

Here's a little blurb in the newspapers about today's episode of 8 vs 1...

▽SBS ‘대결! 8 대 1’(오후 11시 10분)=50명을 대상으로 설문조사한 결과를 일반인과 연예인이 알아맞히는 대결 프로그램. ‘6개월 이상 동거 후 결혼했지만 남편을 놀라게 한 아내의 모습은’이 첫 번째 문제로 제시된다. 알고 보니 주름도 심하다거나 빚이 있다거나 심지어 애도 있다는 조사 결과가 밝혀진다. 금보라가 솔직하게 자신의 신혼 시절 이야기를 털어놓는다.

‘절친한 친구에게 어떤 문제로 배신을 당했는가’라는 두 번째 문제에 대해 50명의 대답을 알아맞힌다.

그룹 슈퍼주니어 멤버 김기범이 동료인 김희철의 비밀을 공개한다.

김희철의 비밀은 미니홈피를 도배한 고양이에 대한 것. 또 인터넷에 떠도는 박정아의 과거 사진을 유포한 사람에 대한 이야기를 들어본다.

It says that for the first question of finding out new things about someone you've lived with for 6 months prior, actress Geum Bora talked about when she was a newlywed. For the second question, Kibum reveals Heechul's secret. The secret is about Heebum who took over Heechul's minihompy for awhile :) Park Jung Ah talks about the person who posted her old photos on the internet.

http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?n=200803170074

Archived