Jay Chou 周杰倫

dearskye.

Guest babygirl05

His new album sold really well despite being leaked and having push the release date back. The album sold ~900,000 on the 1st day...that's impressive considering the economy downfall. If it wasn't leaked the album may come close to a million...don't you think? Love this album especially, track 7 Orchid Pavillion Series. Too bad I can go to his concert in Canada.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like track #6 the most (Where has the promised happiness gone?). Kinda disappointed with the album though. I guess its cause I like his ballads/zhong guo feng style songs the most, and it doesn't have many. Must be why Novembers Chopin is still my fave album.

i want to go to his canada concert. =( and to the one in l.a. maybe next year when i save up money. anyway i received his album just the other day! so far i really like track 7 and 1. i havent been able to really fully digest the whole album yet~ but i really like fragrant rice. its really nice and the mv is very well done. and wow 900,000+ is a great number actually, even though he was aiming for more.

Guest v3rmillion

i have like THREE different song names for each song.

i d/led before the album came out, that was one song list

then when it came out i was comparing with my friend's list, all the names were different so i changed it.

and NOW i'm looking up the lyrics, it has different titles AGAIN.

why? and is the one just posted up there ^, the correct/ most update one?

D: same here. I'm just assuming whatever's on yesasia is the correct tracklisting.

and on another note, the MV for 时光机is ♥~ :D

• 3 weeks later...

Jay Chou: My first love at 15 was not romantic but hurt very painfully

Source: www.jaychoustudio.com

"I think that liking does not equate to love, you can like a lot of people and things, but with love you can only love one person, a lot of youngsters nowadays probably don't quite understand the difference between like and love. I think that even when I'm 50-60 I still won't be able to differentiate the middle line between these, for you to love someone it might be that you are willing to give a lot for her, you can like her eyes or her personality, but yet love is liking everything about her."

Now, the matured Jay Chou has a much more reasonable hope for his other half:

1. She must be younger than him by 4-5 years. When Jay Chou was filming a commercial, because of lively young boys and young girls jumping around, he said emotionally: "In the future I'm going to have a son just like myself, a boy with talent, the ability to play the piano, understands music, has his own thinking, as for homework, it doesn't have to be too good. If it's a girl, I hope to raise her into a tranquil, low profile young beauty." He hopes for two kids which will be just right, the best would be one boy and one girl, they can accompany one another.

2. She should have her own thinking for music she loves. Jay Chou hopes his other half can share the music world with him, he said: "Besides acknowledgement, my wife should be able to suggest a certain amount of views and analysis, she cannot just be my follower."

3. She should love cleanliness and doing housework. Jay Chou hopes his future wife does housework, he revealed that since he was young he has been a boy who loves cleanliness, when he was young he would even carefully wash chopsticks his parents used before he would use them.

4. She has to have a highly adaptive time schedule. Being an artist and actor, his working hours are very flexible, Jay Chou hopes his other half can completely match his time off, his wife can have her own career, but she can't be part of the 9 to 5 clan. When he wants to relax a bit and take a holiday abroad, his wife should be able to put down all her work and accompany him on holiday to recharge; when he's making music or singing from day to night, his wife cannot complain about not seeing him or being given the cold shoulder.

As for when he's getting married, he said: "I hope to get married around 34 or 35, but that's just what I'm thinking right now. Because after getting into the entertainment circle, I still haven't met a girl who matches my ideal, if this girl appeared, maybe I'll....anything can happen in the future!"

After many years of practise, towards the media's questions of his "girlfriend", he's already familiar with it and blurted out: "Any girl who admires my songs, is my girlfriend."

---------------------------------------

The last sentence got me laughing. How cute is that, lol. *sigh* I'm like, barely making it on his "looking-for-potential-wife" list. :crazy: LOL!

Guest precious4e

his wife should be able to put down all her work and accompany him on holiday to recharge; when he's making music or singing from day to night, his wife cannot complain about not seeing him or being given the cold shoulder

sounds quite demanding.....

But I guess i'm out of the running since I can barely keep my room clean LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures Angeland!!! I'm going to his Toronto concert tomorrow. Too bad his autograph session is VIP only. Darn it!

It'll be his first time in Toronto right?

ok, please don't bash at me for saying this, but I just had to.

i went to Downtown, Toronto for my trip yesterday, on the day of his concert. I swore seeing him walking right next to my bus..with his black jacket and side beard (?).. if he doesn't have one then it can't be him. but anyways, the side view just looked exactly like him and he had four assistants trolling behind him.

so back to his concert, I didn't go but i was so happy because it's his first time coming to Canada!!! i want to go to his autograph session!

Guest angelic_betrayal

^You went to the one in Mohegan Sun? Thats the one I went to :D 2AM too.

I was overall very happy. I sat in Section 4 but in like the LAST ROW :( But towards the end-ish. People from the VIP seats were leaving and my friend asked them if we could get their tickets so we could go into the VIP section hahah. Yea so I saw a few songs up close. :D He looks so good in real life and his voice is awesome<3 At first I was by myself in the VIP section and I just stared at him and I couldn't move. It felt so surreal lol :w00t:

Wish he sang 给我一首歌的时间 and 我不配 though :tears:

&& Canadians are so lucky!! You guys got a autograph session?!?! I don't think there was one for Mohegan :huh:

Archived