Jay Chou 周杰倫

dearskye.

Well, this album is not that bad. Isn't his unique style that made us like his music in the first place? I don't mind that it's not different as it is "Jay's style". Jay already created his own genre of music. Though it's the same as but I still like it more than other artists.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest arandomasian

So that's why!!! I wonder how Z-degrees already has the download link when it's supposed to be released 2 weeks from now!!!

Anyway, his new album disappoints me.... =(

I only like track 11.. track 9 is nice too.. but both songs don't really stand out compared to his old stuff... I like his old stuff so much better...

What I really like from him is his creativity with notes that can make you addicted to sing along, e.g. Jian Dan Ai and Ting MaMa de Hua..

But his vocals are really weak, it was painful to hear him trying to hit the high and long notes... *I even had to turn down the volume*

He's been in the industry for so long, I don't get how his vocal doesn't improve over time...

I think that he intentionally made his vocals that way in the song. Nobody in their right mind would release themselves shrieking without a reason. But other than that, I actually like the song. It has a nice melody.

Guest Starylosophy

Erm... I beg to differ.

I love his lastest album. I think it's not exactly repetitive as his previous few, infact I thought he experimented a few more different types of genres which suprised me.

I don't know why some of you think it's bad. (Most of my friends thought it's the better albums in his recent years)

He tried new stuff like regge which turned out pretty good IMO.

The only song which is disappointing will be the chinese influenced one because I don't see any breakthrough in that genre.

Other than that I think his ballads are far much better than his previous last few albums.

But of course everyone has different views towards music. To me I think he did a great job in this album.

Oh and I've preordered his album last week so yeah it's just like a sneak peak for me (well it's the same for every year where I preorder his albums)

Guest Wammie<3

i just got his new album...don't worry i will buy his album later

so far i'm on the third song and it seems pretty okay..for now

the 1 song i dint like so much it just like the one where he had blue hair and there a bunch of dialing number sound and it is dark and gloomy.

2nd omg that song is mazing

3rd song is okay

4th song is some part is like 0.0 but i like it because of that ...idk how to explain it =.="

I LOVE his new album so far

His album got leaked? :o

Ah, that's too bad. For me, I won't download it. I'm not trying to sound all goody two shoes, but for Jay.. I always have the patience to wait until I get the album in my hands. lol. The only song I've heard is Fragrant Rice~ That song is really good. It makes me think of my childhood; even though I don't know what he's singing about.. The MV is just pure love.

Reading everyone's comments on his new album.. Is not that surprising. I remember reading, starting up from when Orange Jasmine came out that people started saying a lot of negative stuff about his music. I know that a lot of people mean no harm, so I'm not taking it to offense in any way. People have different views so it's alright. It just hurts a little to read it though.

I'm getting very excited to get my copy!!

aigoo... got leaked again? i'm gonna wait till i get my copy before i listen. XD

meanwhile, i'm just hyped because jay is coming to toronto for a concert. :lol: finally!!!!! i just got my ticket today. the ticket sale just open yesterday and i didn't find out till last night. some good seats have already been sold out. i'm so excited that i get to see him at a live concert!!!!! :w00t:

Guest dbskfan123

aigoo... got leaked again? i'm gonna wait till i get my copy before i listen. XD

meanwhile, i'm just hyped because jay is coming to toronto for a concert. :lol: finally!!!!! i just got my ticket today. the ticket sale just open yesterday and i didn't find out till last night. some good seats have already been sold out. i'm so excited that i get to see him at a live concert!!!!! :w00t:

hi dreamweaver! I was just wondering where you bought your tickets from and where you are seated.

I found out today that Jay Chou's having a concert in Toronto. -____-; I heard about it before but I thought they were just rumours.

I checked ticketmaster and all the better seats are gone. =( I'd like to get the $188 tickets if possible, but if not I'd be really glad to get any ticket. It's still hard for me to believe that JAY CHOU is coming to TORONTO!! ah~~

I hope you can reply soon! =)

Guest AiMango

^ we just called the people who sell them at pmall. they said that all the 288 and 188 are sold out. 138 is about to get sold out soon. you can stilll check though. so whats left is like 98 and under

haha i actually found out about him coming to toronto like last week but i havent had time to look into it. but im soooo going :) !!

Guest MeiHearts

omggg -goes to dl new album... yes ....... wow it got leaked so early...

can't wait for it =D. i love love love LOVE jay

Guest dbskfan123

^ we just called the people who sell them at pmall. they said that all the 288 and 188 are sold out. 138 is about to get sold out soon. you can stilll check though. so whats left is like 98 and under

haha i actually found out about him coming to toronto like last week but i havent had time to look into it. but im soooo going :) !!

Yeah, I thought they would sell them at pmall.

Do you know the number? I'm from Windsor and I won't be going to Toronto until maybe next month. -___-;

^ thanks for the link!! :D

hi dreamweaver! I was just wondering where you bought your tickets from and where you are seated.

I found out today that Jay Chou's having a concert in Toronto. -____-; I heard about it before but I thought they were just rumours.

I checked ticketmaster and all the better seats are gone. =( I'd like to get the $188 tickets if possible, but if not I'd be really glad to get any ticket. It's still hard for me to believe that JAY CHOU is coming to TORONTO!! ah~~

I hope you can reply soon! =)

hi there! sorry i didn't see your message till now. >.< i called up ticketmaster. and yeah... was a little surprised all the better seats are gone. i didn't wanna get the $288 floor ones cuz the best they could offer on the website was towards the back and i'm not that tall. *lol* i didn't know they were selling at pmall. i only knew about ticketmaster since that's where the air canada centre site linked to. in any case, it's kinda far for me to get to pmall and i have to work. so, doing it by phone was the easiest for me since i didn't find out till last monday night and wasn't sure whether it was better to buy by website or by phone. >.< i got the $98 ticket. i would've gone for the $138 or even the $188, but the lady told me that for the second level and what she said was the "best" seat available was $98. i was a bit confuzzled about that and hope i can get a good view of jay. the seating plan doesn't seem to really correspond since they were selling seats for non-highlighted sections (109 and 118). :mellow:

anyway, i got my ticket in the mail back on monday. i'm at section 109, row 18, seat 16. one of those non-highlighted sections. i checked with the lady and she said it's not behind the stage, but off to the side. i guess i just have to trust her if she said that's a better section than 108 or 119. the ones i wanted (107 or 120) were all sold out by the time i called, and i did that first thing tuesday morning (sept. 30) when the box office opened.

yeah, i had no idea jay was coming. i used to be active at jay-chou.net, but then work took over and now i'm barely there or here. >.< i didn't hear about this till my friends and i were chatting on monday night while we were at work and then i mentioned jay in relation to someone's comment. and then another friend asked if i'll be going to the concert. i was thinking she meant previous concerts, like in vegas, cuz i thought that jay never comes here. *lol* so, i was surprised that he was actually coming and immediately looked up the info when i got home.

anyway, i hope to get the new album soon. yesasia keeps delaying the shipping date. it's now oct. 15. oi... the wait is killing me cuz i put my dbsk 4th album order with jay's to avoiding shipping the items separately. :wacko:

does anyone know if jay will have an autograph session when he comes to toronto? if you guys hear anything, could you please post here? i don't have a lot of access to such chinese entertainment info. :P

actually, i thought Capricorn album is better than On the Run album.

i like how he puts in much Chinese feels in it, but i have to admit that his vocals doesn't suit this kind of music, especially really apparent in track 4 Hong Lou Meng Zhong Hua Hai (Sea Flower).

i listen to this album more than On the Run.

My favorite track is number 7 Cong Xin Ai Lan Ting Xu (Orchid Pavillion Series). ^__^

i just found out Jay is going to have a concert in Toronto. :) but too far for me. i will wait for him to come back to LA or Las Vegas, or even better SF!!! hehe

Just found out Jay's New Album's corrected tracklist =_=;;;

Tracklist :

01. 龍戰騎士 (Dragon War Rider)

02. 給我一首歌的時間 (Give Me A Song's Time)

03. 蛇舞 (Snake Dance)

04. 花海 (Sea Flower)

05. 魔術先生 (Mr. Magic)

06. 說好的幸福呢 (So Good That Happiness?)

07. 蘭亭序 (Orchid Pavillion Series)

08. 流浪詩人 (Wandering Poet)

09. 時光機 (Time Machine)

10. 喬克叔叔 (Uncle Chalk)

11. 稻香 (Rice Fragrance)

credit: z-degrees

Just found out Jay's New Album's corrected tracklist =_=;;;

Tracklist :

01. 龍戰騎士 (Dragon War Rider)

02. 給我一首歌的時間 (Give Me A Song's Time)

03. 蛇舞 (Snake Dance)

04. 花海 (Sea Flower)

05. 魔術先生 (Mr. Magic)

06. 說好的幸福呢 (So Good That Happiness?)

07. 蘭亭序 (Orchid Pavillion Series)

08. 流浪詩人 (Wandering Poet)

09. 時光機 (Time Machine)

10. 喬克叔叔 (Uncle Chalk)

11. 稻香 (Rice Fragrance)

credit: z-degrees

omg I love the 2nd song. I want to see the translations to this song.

Guest cpx3s0ul

i have like THREE different song names for each song.

i d/led before the album came out, that was one song list

then when it came out i was comparing with my friend's list, all the names were different so i changed it.

and NOW i'm looking up the lyrics, it has different titles AGAIN.

why? and is the one just posted up there ^, the correct/ most update one?

Archived