Jay Chou 周杰倫

dearskye.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest omgit'sme

can anyone help me identify a jay chou song? i couldn't catch any words of it 'cause you know how his songs are, pretty hard to hear the words...

anyway, all i know is that the music video, he's strumming a guitar, and i think he's in a grassy field? and there's a face of a girl on the other half of the screen. *sigh* this sounds really stupid but that's pretty much all i know about the song. i think it's a really old one, could anyone please help? thanks

Guest 魚燕往返

can anyone help me identify a jay chou song? i couldn't catch any words of it 'cause you know how his songs are, pretty hard to hear the words...

anyway, all i know is that the music video, he's strumming a guitar, and i think he's in a grassy field? and there's a face of a girl on the other half of the screen. *sigh* this sounds really stupid but that's pretty much all i know about the song. i think it's a really old one, could anyone please help? thanks

I'm not sure if your're talking about this song, but I think it's qi li xiang (orange Jasmine)

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1Hicf3myg

I could be wrong though. :unsure:

I'm not sure if your're talking about this song, but I think it's qi li xiang (orange Jasmine)

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1Hicf3myg

I could be wrong though. :unsure:

I believe 魚燕往返 is right. The only MV that came up from the top of my head was Orange Jasmine. That album was actually the first album I bought of his, lol. From then on I continued to build my collection! =-D But if it's not, feel free to explain in more detail.

-~-~-~-~

Celebrating his 30th, Jay Chou looks to buy Lamborghini, his mother won't allow it

19-01-2009-1.jpg19-01-2009-2-1.jpg

Jay Chou has become 30 on the 18th, he frankly said that he has all he should have at this stage, all he's missing is a wife and a new generation dream car, in his picture is the world limited to 20 edition Lamborghini Reventon sports car worth 1 million euros, when mother Chou heard about it, she waved her finger and denied it there and then, in just a short second it broke the birthday boy's birthday wish! This article is translated by http://www.jaychoustudio.com

Officially entering the big 3-0, Jay Chou stressed he's still single, in the future he will start choosing people to be his future wife.

But usually he doesn't have many chances to meet new people, he's relying on auditions for filming MVs to get chances, the more he said the more weirder it got, it was as if he was using auditions to "select a queen", afterwards he explained, because of contact in terms of work, they moved on to the next step, recently he's had a lot of potential dates, but he still hasn't found a girl he's interested in.

As for Jessie Chiang, once again he denied her being his official, he emphasised that the two were good friends, but he felt for her as her ex-boyfriend revealed that she was "two-timing", he said her ex was very bad, even though he said the two are just friends, but with regards to matters concerning Jessie Chiang, he was very informed.

Mother Chou went with what her son liked and gave him a large scale limited edition Batman model as a present, yet Jay Chou was a bit childish, he said that is the Christmas present, 30 is a stage, that's why he wanted a Lamborghini for a present, anyway buying a car is a good way to save money, but after calculating the customs tax, buying a Reventon and shipping it to Taiwan, it would cost nearly TW$90 million, only superman can do that, he expressed, when he buys a car he will definitely drive it on the road, even if it's illegal, he won't be a car slave.

Credit to: jaychoustudio.com

In another late celebration for his birthday, I want to do a pic spam. Here we go~!

1_5-1.jpg

1_6-1.jpg7_4-1.jpg

Pictures from his upcoming new mv: MAJOR HOTNESS ALERT

1_9-1.jpg

3_11-1.jpg

3_2-1.jpg

With Wang Leehom! <3

1_8-1.jpg

In Toronto

7_3-1.jpg

Pic spam credits: Asianfanatics Gallery

Guest omgit'sme

thanks to 魚燕往返 and panhia87, that's exactly the song I was talking about!!! you guys are awesome, I heard it once on tv and i just loved it, so beautiful and i've been trying to find it for a while now. so thanks

Thanks for the pics! I'm looking forward to that MV. I really like that song.

Does anyone know what street he's on in that Toronto picture? I know it's downtown, but that's pratcially it. Don't really go downtown so I have no clue... I think I kind of recognize the two buildings on the right in the distance. I think they are the Concord City condos.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest eternaldarkness4

is anyone going to the sydney concert??

i'm not sure if i should wait for ticketek

or just by them now from the other people <.<

dont wanna get scammed T _T

Guest strawberryme

Oh I thought there's a new album LOL.

I think they need to change the title <3

And those pictures up there is so hot. Jay in Toronto <3

Lucky canadians~ ^^

Guest Karalyne

is anyone going to the sydney concert??

i'm not sure if i should wait for ticketek

or just by them now from the other people <.<

dont wanna get scammed T _T

hey there,

do you know if jay's just going

to sydney and not going anywhere

else around australia?

i want him to come down to melb! T_T

Guest bubblegum-chum-cherry-bum

jay chou is cute =]

did you know the definition of cute is: ugly but adorable?

Jay Chou's back problems flares up, the pain is like a period

A few days ago Jay Chou's back problem flared up due to becoming too tired from filming, he was in a lot of pain, a day after he went in to shoot the photo for the cover of "Man's Style", he said: "I'm only 30, I walk like an elderly person, but I still think I'm very lucky, no matter how much more it hurts, someone else will be hurting more than you, no matter how much more pitiful you feel, there's someone more pitiful."

This article is translated by http://www.jaychoustudio.com

Jay Chou is in so much pain that he has to lean on the railing when walking up stairs, but he didn't resign himself to feeling hopeless, "How much does it hurt? It's like pulling a muscle, if a girl asked, I would say it's a period." He said, a few years ago he went to see a kid with cancer, it gave him a new look on life, "I don't feel tired anymore, turns out my music can give meaning to a lot of people's lives, I will continue even if it's gets harder."

He's been afraid of death since young, when he was very young he wished to have a immortality medicine, "When my mother divorced I was very sad, I nearly got to the end of my life, a lot of people commit suicide over a moment's sadness, but those who have cancer battle hard to live, money, you can make more, feelings, you can converse to gain it, only life is something that you cannot start over again." He mentioned his first kiss, "Now when I walk past Da An Forest Park near Jinhua Junior High School I would think of those memories." He said: "My first girlfriend and I, felt like it was the right time, it was like a dragonfly skimming the surface of the water, I get so nervous about holding her hand that I even ask if I can? I don't know if I was stupid in the past or just too well mannered." At the time he wrote the song "Everlasting" for his girlfriend, that was the first time he felt proud.

credit: JayChouStudio

Aw, his back problem is acting up again. I hope he takes it easy so it won't hurt so much. & LOL, mentioning about the pain is like a girl's period. He's such a dork. I'm glad that he thinks that there are people out there who have more pain, suffering, because there are so many people out there who thinks only of them and can't see past the point that there's so much more going on in life. But yeah, I wish there was an immortality medicine as well. ~sigh I need to do some pic spams in here, it's so dead.

^ wow i hope his back problems dont effect him when he is performing.

Rest well Jay.

I have a question.

Which album do you love from Jay the most?

For me there are 3 that i can never get tired of.

Common Jasmin Orange (七里香)

Ye Hui Mei (葉惠美)

Fantasy (范特西)

These 3 albums have been played so much i lost count.

And the song Nocturnes is my uiltimate favorite from him also.

Love jay and will visit this thread more. =]

One of my favorites is Common Jasmine Orange. That's the first album I bought of his in 2004 when I first heard of him. But I honestly really like all of his albums. It's hard to really choose after CJO, lol. But the first song that got me into his music was "In The Name Of The Father," from his Ye Hui Mei album. I saw the mv and was instantly sold.

Well, I was searching for Jay Chou interviews with english subs in youtube, (which are very RARE btw) and found this! Seriously, I was SO happy. LOL!

credit: Jliangtoob@youtube.com

Warning: Contains spoilers from the videos posted~

He was so funny in that interview. I loved the part when the mcs were talking about his mom. How he called his mom and told her the view was beautiful, and how he wanted to take her there. So sweet. <3 That's one thing I love about him. He expresses his love for his mom and grandma. I also really love the lyrics to "Listen to mama's words." (=

He looked a bit concern when "plagiarism" was brought up. lol. It turned out to be him coping a manga character. That was hilarious! lol. & with the song "Dad I have come back," with his dad thinking it was about him was SO FUNNY. His dad was like, huh? I was like that? I remember before in the past Jay had to clarify that it wasn't about his dad but his friends story. But still, the misunderstanding was funny. (not that the lyrics were funny, so everyone dont misunderstand me)

His magic tricks were so lame but it was so funny too. LOL I wanted that card that he signed. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest itrayya

panhia87 THANK YOU!

that was really great to watch

cause it's rare for me to see any Jay interviews.

and Qi Li Xiang is also one of my fav too!!!

i wonder who here is going to his Australian concert,

or if it happened already, who went?

ahhh! go Jay!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Jay Chou Cast as Kato in The Green Hornet

Source:Columbia Pictures August 7, 2009

After a worldwide search, Jay Chou, the multi-hyphenate singer-actor and a star throughout Asia, has joined the cast of Michel Gondry's The Green Hornet in the iconic role of Kato, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad and Matt Tolmach, presidents of Columbia Pictures.

Gondry said, "Jay is incredibly unique and charming and fights like a wild dog! When I filmed him next to Seth, they had such great chemistry, and I knew the movie will be great."

Chou added, "It's an overwhelming experience to take on a role made famous by Bruce Lee. I won't try to be Bruce Lee's Kato – I will try to bring my own interpretation to the part. Of course, it's a dream role, and I'm looking forward to the challenge."

The Green Hornet is scheduled for a July 9, 2010 release.

source

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Freshair

Jay Chou Cast as Kato in The Green Hornet

Is this an English speaking film? I wonder if Jay is good in English... :huh:

Btw, I'm glad he finally had a chance to play at an american film, such a huge jump in his career. I hope for his success, but please don't forget your album this year :P

Jay Chou's first Australian concert wins fans' hearts

Source: Chinaview.cn

Credit: noreen (www.jay-chou.net)

By Jiang Yaping and Mimi Chau

CANBERRA, July 3 (Xinhua) -- More than 15,000 local and overseas fans flocked to Sydney Olympic Park Acer Arena on Friday night to see the Asian pop star, Jay Chou's first live concert in Australia.

The attraction of Chou is his originality and creative work that embraces a unique mix of Chinese music and western influences.

He combines Chinese and Western music styles to produce songs that fuse R&B, rock and pop genres, covering issues such as domestic violence, war, and urbanization.

"I believe my music can speak to young generations from many countries as music is an international language that can help to break down the language barriers," Chou said.

During the concert, Chou displayed his talents in playing piano, drum, guitar and guzheng that showed distinctive Chinese characteristics. His stage show was complemented by a top Taiwanese band, exotic dancers and state of the art visual effects.

He dedicated his sensational song "Dao Xiang" to the youngsters and encouraged them to have a positive attitude towards life.

"You got to be strong....don't give up your dreams even when facing difficulties in life," Chou said.

Ryan Shum, a young student who attended the concert, described it as an "awesome experience".

The 19-year-old Shum said he was uplifted by Chou's music and inspirational message.

"I was amazed by Chou's talents in magic and Chinese martial art performance. I would like to see him perform again in Australia", Shum said.

Guest Freshair

^

Thanx for your info :) I got more and more excited by this movie... but I've got this news:

Jay as Bruce Lee's successor, French director said "YES", netizens said "NO"

Source: http://www.sina.com.cn

Translation: catseyes (http://www.jay-chou.net)

Sony Pictures (Taiwan) has confirmed that Jay Chou will be cast as Bruce Lee's Kato in "Green Hornet". Yesterday, many American movie magazines such as "Hollywood Reporter" and "Variety" had reported this story. French director, Michel Gondry who replaced Stephen Chow with Jay praised, "Jay is incredibly unique and charming and fights like a wild dog!". However, American netizens are displeased with Jay acting as Kato, posted messages to bombard and sarcastically said "Who is he?"

French Director supports Jay strongly

Michel Gondry revealed, when Jay Chou auditioned for "Green Hornet" not long ago, he and Seth Rogen (Green Hornet) had such great chemistry and he did well. Cast as his idol, Bruce Lee's Kato role, Jay is very excited, "It is an overwhelming experience to take on a role made famous by Bruce Lee. I won't try to be Bruce Lee's Kato -- I will try to bring my own interpretation to the part. Of course, it is a dream role, and I am looking forward to the challenge."

American netizens don't know who Jay Chou is

Although with the director's support, the American netizens are extremely displeased with Jay acting as Kato and posted messages to bombard him. One netizen even left a message saying "Who is he?" pointing out that he lacks popularity. Another netizen thinks that Jay is not suitable for the role of Kato, and sarcastically stated 4 points; not charming, no acting skills, zero attractiveness and lousy command of English. Another netizen also mentioned, "Jay Chou! Are you serious? Who approved this cast? If Bruce Lee is still alive, i bet he will ask the same question." Someone even suggested that they should look for someone with a good command of English like Lee Hom or Donnie Yen, or even the pro fighting Thai action star, Tony Jaa is more suitable for this role than Jay.

Diaz "falling in love" with Jay

As we found out, the movie "Green Hornet" has a very impressive cast line-up, with Oscar winner Nicholas Cage and sexy Hollywood star, Cameron Diaz involved. In the movie, Cage will be acting as the triad boss, Mr X while Diaz will be the Green Hornet's secretary, Lenore Case who is attracted to Kato. In the Bruce Lee version of The Green Hornet, Lenore Case is one of the few who knows of Green Hornet and Kato's secret identity. Diaz in this upcoming version, is a crime thriller fanatic and even managed to gather evidence of her husband's extramarital affair and falling in love with Kato afterwhich.

Related information about The Green Hornet

The Green Hornet series premiered as a radio program in 1936. In 1940, the Green Hornet comic series began and it was produced as a movie in the same year. It was only made famous by the television series in 1966 in which the low-profile Bruce Lee left a deep impression and even led the Kung Fu craze in America, however it was cancelled after only one season.

Looks like a lot of American netizens opposing Jay as Kato. Their comments are so mean :( I hope Jay can prove that they're wrong. Btw, to imagine Jay Chou playing along side Cameron Diaz and Nicolage Cage thrilled me so much :P especially seeing Cameron Diaz with Jay :wub:

Archived