Ryu Soo Young 류수영

isabella

omg i hope for more screen time with Park Yejin as well lol. i srsly just have 1 wish for him to end up with Yejin's character :) cuz i know Taehee's will be with Seunghun's lol.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest SJoan29Funhouse

Hi all! Just new here :) Honestly, I just liked RSY like last week. I was watching My Princess and the first time I saw him, I immediately knew that I love him XD I watch a lot of asian dramas but I find it quite hard to really love asian actors, I don't know why. But it was different with RSY, as I saw him, I searched him and try to know more about him. I remembered watching some parts of Saving The Last Dance on TV but I was like 10 or 11 yrs old only before so I don't really remember and I was surprised to see on the actors list of that drama is RSY. 18 vs 29 was aired on one TV station in our country but I hate that TV station before so I didn't watch XD I love everything about him, especially the way he smiles and how he covers his mouth whenever he laughs :D What I didn't know that he is so humble and never forgets his fans. I remember in one interview of My Princess, Kim Tae Hee bought coffee for the staff and someone asked him if he does the same, he answered, I don't do this very often but I save to be able to do this for my fans. That was so sweet, with that line RSY really win me over. Its hard for me to follow and read all the articles because all of them are in Korean and I'm only studying it for a few weeks. I'm so glad that there are fans willing to help us translate them. Would love to be friend all of RSY fans :D

Guest cofioca

March 11, 2011

Actor Ryu Su-young to hold fan meeting in Japan

2011031111025404246_1.jpg

Ryu Su-yong in a character poster of MBC drama "My Princess" (2011) [MBC]

Actor Ryu Su-young will hold his first fan meeting in Japan over the weekend, according to his agency EnterOn Entertainment on Thursday.

A press release by EnterOn explained that Ryu will hold the event at the Nikko Osaka Hotel TURUNOMA in Osaka City on March 13.

The meet-and-greet will take place as a dinner party in time with White Day, the equivalent of Valentine's Day for women in Korea and Japan, featuring a talk show, singing, a hand-shaking session and video clips of the various series that Ryu starred in.

Ryu made his debut in the entertainment business playing a college student in a cooking show in 1998. He won the SBS new star award in 2002 for his role in "Successful Story of a Bright Girl" (SBS, 2002) with singer and actress Jang Nara and also starred in several movies including "Summer Time" (2001) and "Blue" (2003).

He started gaining fans in Japan through dramas such “Eighteen vs. Twenty-nine” (KBS, 2005) and “Seoul, 1945” (KBS, 2006).

Ryu’s latest work was MBC drama “My Princess,” (2011) where he appeared as a young and handsome college professor named Nam Jung-woo, alongside popular actors Song Seung-heon as a diplomat and Kim Tae-hee, a princess.

http://10.asiae.co.k...031111025404246

• 1 month later...
Guest ryugene_lovesalvz

Hello there everyone! So happy I found this thread, and also your fangroup in Facebook. Ryu su young is one of my favorite Korean actors- simpy one of the best I've ever seen-  he is my bet in Save The Last Dance.. Don't know why I love his character as Tae-min, maybe because he fits it as a sweet-villain.. hehe.. He looks good too with Eugene, Hope i could see them work together again. For many years, I was shocked when I saw him again in My Princess when I watched a glimpse of the drama, then I became interested, at the same time, to watch the series (soon when i have my DVD) because of him. I was also glad when he replied to my tweet last time- even just a simple Thank You- made me smile even up to now. Then I realize, he really loves his fans, and he's seems so humble. So happy to be part of RSY Sphere- that's what you call your group?- be happy to meet new friends from different country. Have a nice day to all of you, guys, and hope to chat with you soon... Salvz from the Philippines :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest debratan

Happy!! the chinese subs is finally available!!

Go thru the raw once, and will be digesting the show with subs later ..

First impression on Hwang Tae Bum -_- ..

yoyoman gained some weight (or the rest of the casts are too skinny?) :ph34r: but ... totally suit the role, I mean, I thot the character is cute, love him already :wub: :

biased, I know, and this is Ryu Soo Young's thread :P

I think I prefers this role to Prof Nam

Broepi1_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

April 5, 2012

Korean Actor Brings Child from Madagascar for Surgery

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

2012040500517_1.jpg

Ryu Soo-young with Michael /Courtesy of Miral

Actor Ryu Soo-young, who visited Madagascar on March 20 as part of a volunteer group with the Miral charity foundation, returned from his 12-day trip with a special friend: a five-year-old boy who lost his fingers in an accident. Ryu brought the boy, named Michael, to Korea to receive medical treatment.

When Ryu first met Michael, the boy was rummaging through piles of trash in Antananarivo, the capital of Madagascar. He had lost the fingers on his left hand and his entire right hand was shriveled due to first-degree burns sustained in a fire four years ago. Michael lived with his mother and three-year-old sister after his parents divorced three years ago. The family was barely surviving on money earned from selling whatever scraps they could find in the trash dump in front of their house.

Michael and his family made W20,000 (US$1=W1,130) a month selling bottles and discarded paper collected from the dump. Half of this sum went on monthly rent, leaving them with a paltry W10,000 a month to survive on. The minimum wage in Madagascar is W50,000 a month for a four-person household.

When Ryu visited Michael's house, the tap water and electricity had been cut off. "It made me cry when I saw Michael, since he looked so sad, unlike Korean kids his age who are so playful," Ryu said. "I felt very guilty when I was told that the child rummaging through the trash with his injured hands was just five," he added.

Ryu took care of Michael during his stay in Madagascar. The boy, who was initially reluctant to show his hands to strangers, slowly let his guard down and even fell asleep in Ryu's arms. Michael shed tears and clung to Ryu's clothes on the day the actor was scheduled to leave. Ryu ended up taking the boy with him to Korea. He wanted to give the boy a special gift. The Miral charity organization plans to let Michael receive surgery on his right hand in June and get him a prosthetic left hand.

• 4 months later...

Ryu Soo Young, the first time I saw him I liked him and that was a few years ago.  It was just that I didn't come across him often enough.  This man has a handsome face, looking very intelligent.  His face has sharp and defined features.  I also can't ignore his head full of hair though I much prefer him to have short clean cut.  He has a naturally "thick" bod and for me that makes him look secshy.  He's not a hot boy.  He's a hot man, sizzling hot at that.  He's also good with his craft.  When he cries, I want to cry with him and when he smiles, he brightens up the night sky.  There's no question he's a versatile in his acting.  I only wish he's given more lead roles.  So far I watched "bad couple", "ojakgyo brothers", "18 vs. 29", "re-birth".  I like him most in the former two.  I shall look forward to see more of his dramas.  I love to see that big smile of his forever.

:x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest magicplusfours

Shinobu said:

Ryu Soo Young, the first time I saw him I liked him and that was a few years ago.  It was just that I didn't come across him often enough.  This man has a handsome face, looking very intelligent.  His face has sharp and defined features.  I also can't ignore his head full of hair though I much prefer him to have short clean cut.  He has a naturally "thick" bod and for me that makes him look secshy.  He's not a hot boy.  He's a hot man, sizzling hot at that.  He's also good with his craft.  When he cries, I want to cry with him and when he smiles, he brightens up the night sky.  There's no question he's a versatile in his acting.  I only wish he's given more lead roles.  So far I watched "bad couple", "ojakgyo brothers", "18 vs. 29", "re-birth".  I like him most in the former two.  I shall look forward to see more of his dramas.  I love to see that big smile of his forever.

:x

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nozomikizumi

OMG! what show is this?
tumblr_meexebS1c31qa95clo1_250.giftumblr_meexebS1c31qa95clo2_250.gif
tumblr_meexebS1c31qa95clo4_250.giftumblr_meexebS1c31qa95clo5_250.gif
tumblr_meexebS1c31qa95clo6_250.giftumblr_meexebS1c31qa95clo7_250.gif

Please help me for this ^^v
if you want to be admin i will add you here, can we make active this page again about him
Thank you so much~> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryu-Soo-Young-%EB%A5%98%EC%88%98%EC%98%81/180217282121724?ref=ts&fref=ts

• 7 months later...
Guest didyay

Bumping this thread for my fave actor.
Wow. He is into voluntary work, my admiration to him raise another level. 
I 'discovered' him through his first movie, Summertime. I really thought he's so cute and when I am researching about him, I was wishing that he did a lot of movies/dramas so that I could see more of him as an actor. And he did! 
Why is no one updating this thread anymore? He got a new drama showing.

Archived