Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

Guest trankimuyen

WORTH IT?: until my roots grow out drastically, yes.

Natural Hair type: straight & somewhat thick

Hair History: - Dyed 10+ times

uyentranothers194.jpg

I went from black, to very unnoticeable blonde streaks (just to start out, I was like, 11), then to a brownish colour, then this colour. The blonde streaks cost me $120 (NOT worth it), and this cost me $50, which was an alright price, and my hair was still healthy and what not.

uyenntrann8-1.jpg

Then I went to this, I LOVED it! Bleach, yes. Cost me another good $120 but it was actually so worth it, because they dyed it two different colours.

July25200815.jpg

From a faded blonde to this, I did it at home, I think I used L'Oreal or something like that, and it was like like $10, it was worth it.

February12009.jpg

To... this again, -_-; $60, eeeeeenh, I'm not sure, my hair grows fast so dying it is a waste all in all. Bleach, yes.

February222009.jpg

Dyed it yesterday, some Natural Instincts golden shade, it didn't do away with the streaks but the box was $10, it did its job.

Changes: My hair was only damaged after the bleaching.

Comments: - Well, for the $10 bottle dyes that you do at home, they were obviously worth it because nothing went wrong and they weren't expensive anyway, but the only salon one I found truly worth it was the first time I bleached my hair. It looked great and took about a year to actually fade to a dark brown.

__EDIT

In between all those significant dyes, I dyed my hair A LOT trying to make the shade brighter and what not, and it never really worked, so I have actually dyed my hair way more than 10 times.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I have a question about semi-permanent dye...

So I had my hair bleached and then semi-permanent dye/hair stain on top of that (turquoise & purple to be exact). It's been about 3-4 weeks so the colour is starting to go back to the original blonde colour. I wanna re-bleach that part of my hair so that it's just bleach blonde w/o any colour.

Question is... is it okay to bleach on top of the fading semi-permanent dye? Or should I just wait until it's completely washed out?

thanks <3

Guest Honey_Babee

Before: This is my virgin hair

%7Boption%7Dl_417280a5c13440a0950e2f05e32d78e3.jpg[/img

After

%7Boption%7Dl_1940f3044c664c63ad9b968440d61ec7.jpg[/img

After again:

%7Boption%7Dl_75d7773d035bd0dda7ab777d0c0826e0.jpg[/img

And I just dyed it again last thurs:

%7Boption%7D2guw688.jpg[/img

what color is that??

i like it... are you naturally pale or tanned?

lol

what color is that??

i like it... are you naturally pale or tanned?

lol

Im naturally really pale ^_^ I love my white skin

the color is really light brown. not really sure what I can tell you

my stylist did it for me and she said she used a really strong peroxide to bleach me out.

Guest .ChocoCat.

you're so pretttyy..

the light brown looks really good on you.

i've only tried for that shade, but i haven't bleached my hair yet so it never comes out as light..

Before: This is my virgin hair

%7Boption%7Dl_417280a5c13440a0950e2f05e32d78e3.jpg[/mg]

After

%7Boption%7Dl_1940f3044c664c63ad9b968440d61ec7.jpg%7Boption%7D

After again:

%7Boption%7Dl_75d7773d035bd0dda7ab777d0c0826e0.jpg%7Boption%7D

And I just dyed it again last thurs:

%7Boption%7D2guw688.jpg[/mg]

i like the third one best!

it looks great though each and every one of them

n______n

i'm kinda scared to dye my hair... the roots and maintaining seems like a hassle and embarrassing if i try to grow my natural color out.

hahaa youre so sweet, thank you ^ :)

Thanks guys!

Rowie, yeah roots are always gonna grow out but its ok, i let my roots grow out sometimes too. If you look at the picture of me with my ringpop, you can see my roots ahah It adds a little contrast :D

Guest .:-kiddo-:.

sophbot: i really like the colour of your hair .. the same one as your display pic

and are you curls natural?

WORTH IT?: YES :]

Natural Hair type:

- fine/course: fine

- straight/curly: straight

- short/medium/long hair: was long, now short, currently growing it tho :]

Hair History:

-Virgin/Dyed: dyed, i've dyed it quite a lot of times. sometimes it's my whole hair and sometimes just highlighting/tips

i've dyed/tipped my hair: red, blonde, orange, purple, different shades of brown and thats all i can think of

-Natural/Permed: naturally straight

Hair color Before: original (i think):

IMG_0651.jpg

Hair color After:

dyed end of 2007/start of 2008: i have no idea what colour it is since i cant remember when i dyed it, and my friends and i still debate what colour it was T.T

DSC003711.jpg

P2140087.jpg

m131841167.jpg

tried to dye it back to normal mid 2008 but it looks a little red:

DSC00644.jpg

and now it's grown out to this and i dont know what colour it is:

P08-02-09_1337.jpg

Bleach?: ^from there, no.

Hair Dye: the first dyed picture (browny/orangey one) was at a salon in china or hong kong =x

and normally i use colour royale and igora

Price: got no idea =x, i'd say around 20-30 ?

Changes:

- Damage? none

Guest audacity

WORTH IT?: - yes.

Natural Hair type:

-was originally dark brown and healthy

Hair History:

-i started dying it in 2nd grade (natural colors)

-i dyed it blue/black last year and in the summer i dyed the bottom part of my hair red/fuchsia twice.

-permed it in 3rd grade, then twice in 5th, magic straight in 5th, and magic this past summer. (now i'm 15)

Hair color Before: -dark brown.

Hair color After: - when i dyed it blue/black(salon) it faded to this medium reddish color. when i dyed the under part of my hair, the red stayed for about 2 weeks and eventually faded into a blond/orange color.

Bleach?: - well the the red/fuschia there must've been in the dye. (i used one that did not require separate bleaching before)

Hair Dye: - blue/back-salon. red/fuchsia-l'oreal colour rays fuchsia flash

Price: - $ -salon was $80, l'oreal was $13

Changes:

- from the l'oreal dye which i did at home, it left my hair kind of dry and i got a lot of split ends, but it's all good if i condition it (:

- erm. not really. still pretty soft and nice (:

Description: - i left on the l'oreal dye a bit more than it recommended.

Comments: - i think the color came out pretty nice. i don't have any picture of my natural hair xD

iodddw.jpg

what volume bleach should i use to bleach my hair now ? the orangish blond part. or can i just use something like clairol born blonde maxi ? will one session be enough to get it a light blond color ? i've never separately bleached it before so i'm a bit confuzzled. xD

Guest kahmin

Before:

w82gdu.jpg

A month or so after:

25rj97l.jpg

It was waaaay more orange when i first dyed it. Now it's just ugly & my roots are coming back :tears:

WORTH IT?: Kind of, boyfriend prefers black :[

Natural Hair type:

A little wavy

Hair History: -

Dyed Brown a few years back

Hair color Before: Black

Hair color After: Orange

Bleach?: Yep

Hair Dye: Garnier 100% bleach

Price: 7$ xD

Changes:

Felt like straw the first 2 days :[

But now it feels normal

Description: - Mixed the solution, rubbed it throughout my hair, then my friend put a plastic bag on my head..which made me look like an idiot >_>;

Comments: - It was nice for the first week or so..now it's turning into faded orange/brownish D:

This is my friend who dyed it, and it was exactly like his hair colour :]

BTW thanks for putting a bag on my head ==" :

rliznl.jpg

Guest kirstie

WORTH IT?: yea i guess..?

Natural Hair type:

fine, straight, smooth, silky

Hair History:

1. hmm bleached it blonde for the first time a while back

Picture002.jpgpicturess006-2.jpg

2. dye- deep bronzed brown

3. dye- dark brown or something

Picture024.jpg

4. dye- current hair color, some reddish brown thing

Picture004.jpg

Hair color Before: dark brown

Hair color After: now its red brown..something @.@

Bleach?: i have

Hair Dye: loreal feria& preference and some other salon brands

Price: $50+

Changes: blonde/darkbrown-->deep bronzed brown-->dark brown-->dark auburn

hair is still the same texture. surprised it isnt dead yet, considering this was all done within the past 4-5 months

but now i condition all the time

Description: ...?

Comments: i should stop dying my hair -_- >.<

Guest TSUBASA.

Sorry for pic overload. :|

WORTH IT?: Yup

Natural Hair Type:

- fine

- straight

- long hair

Hair History:

-Dyed 7 times

-Natural

~I just kept dying over the current color.

1. Bleached virgin black hair to get blond streaks (no pic)

2. My sis (bless her heart <3) covered the blond with brown/red highlights.

fdsdf.jpg

3. Palty Jewelry Ash (I remember it being darker than in the pic though =.=)

l_a99b411bc4124ce1893d535ccbd8be9e.jpg

4. Palty Hair Bleach Super Flash Sparkling Blonde

aaaaaa.jpg

5. Palty Juicy Peach

SDC13378.jpg

6. Beautylabo Cranberrychocolat (no pic) (It disappeared in 2-3 days. >.> and I was left with that^ again.)

7. Gatsby Rose Red

SDC14016.jpg

Hair color Before: Gatsby Rose Red^

Hair color After: L'oreal Feria Deep Burgundy

SDC14344.jpg

Bleach?: nope

Price: 10 bucks

Changes:

- My hair actually got softer lololol.

Description: - I just kept rubbing the stuff into my hair until the bottle was almost empty, left it on for 25 mins, then stayed in the shower for an hour until the water ran clear. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating the hour, but that's what it felt like since I was squatting with my neck bent forward.) -.-

Comments: - I dyed it a week ago but I just took this pic today. And also my lovely blue/white towel is now pink. -.-

(akdljflsjf this post took forever)

Guest lenda

Sorry for pic overload. :|

Hair color After: L'oreal Feria Deep Burgundy

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww328/D...ki/SDC14344.jpg

Oooh I really like the burgundy on you with that hairstyle. Very nice. My roomie usually dies her hair in the red range too.. and it eventually turns orange.

Sophbot: I love your hair, color and curls! (: So pretty. I think the haircolor in the last pic is the best. Wish I could die my hair that color.

MushroomPinay: Your hair color is soooo interesting! I'm sure you get alot of questions about it. I think it turned out nice and even b/c it's straight down the middle.

mm.. i'll post pics of my hair soon

[edit]

Okay here's when I first highlighted my hair. It was very subtle... I only got the top layer done. I didnt want anything too drastic since it was the first time I dyed my hair. So it was just a caramel color on the top layer. And the next picture is when I highlighted it a 3rd time to cover the roots, etc. It turned out alot blonder than what I started with, and it had more streaks.

hairdye1.jpg

Last year, I got tired of the blond highlights and how it would turn out orange, so I dyed it all blue-black at home. Then a couple of weeks later, my blonds started showing through. :/ And the last time I dyed my hair was during the Thanksgiving holidays, so it's now a medium-brown...

hairdye2.jpg

Archived