Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

- long...... HELLa long

- naturally BLACK.

Hair History: -

dyed like 4-6 times since I was 12/13

I'm 15 now.... can't really remember the times I've dyed it

First it's been dyed HELLA light brown; then straight up red, the dark brown, the some other shade of brown, then with some red highlights, then light again, and now dark again. I can never make up my mind

Hair color Before:

after dying it really light - dark brown

%7Boption%7DDSC06666.jpg%7Boption%7D

super old... first few times i dyed it haha

then i dyed it brown..... which was this most boring color for the longest time..

%7Boption%7Dhttp://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v332/241/104/606929176/n606929176_859977_571.jpg%7Boption%7D

which faded hella ugly to.....

%7Boption%7DImage393.jpg%7Boption%7D

my favorite hair change.. red highlights..

%7Boption%7DIMG_0108.jpg%7Boption%7D

my most recent one, i decided to calm down and dye it black without looking too fake/blue so i just used dark brown hair dye which turned out black like i expected and this was what it looked like...

%7Boption%7DImage429.jpg%7Boption%7D

but it fades... so now its like...

%7Boption%7Dhttp://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2061/241/104/606929176/n606929176_1317540_7046.jpg%7Boption%7D

wow timeline of my hair much

Hair color NOW: - color after -

no bleach

Price: only dyed it professionally for the red highlights; about 160 including the cut.

Changes:

- Damage? ONLY AFTER the red highglights... my streaks that were red now get tangled very easily.. dying my hair natural colors did like little-no damage. ahha

- Texture change? not really.

sorry if pictures were hella big and if it was way more than needed/asked

pictures are in a span of like three years...

hey i have a question bout dying hair.

i have really long black hair and i tried dying it 2 times without using bleach. da first time, i did da color hazelnut but it turned out balck. then after a few weeks, i did a reddish brown color but the result still looked black. only when im in da sun, i could see da red tint in my hair. so i was wondering how u have black hair and after dying it witout bleach, ur hair turned out lighter. is it because u used more than one box of hair dye?

ive heard tat i need 2 boxes for my hair but it seemed tat only a box is enough 2 cover my whole head. is using 2 boxes of hairdye stronger??

and how long did u keep da hair dye in ur hair? thank you soo much for ur help :D

I've dyed my own hair for like more than 10 times I think.... or less

Hair Dying Kits I used are Kolours and Revlon Colorsilk, most of the colors show up really well. I've never bleached my own hair.

%7Boption%7D2jctwm1.jpg%7Boption%7D

Its just that I don't get the exact color shown on the box.. like my latest hair color..

%7Boption%7Dmjxum9.jpg%7Boption%7D

It's suppose to be light ash brown.. but its not ash brown at all >.<

hey i have a question bout dying hair.

i have really long black hair and i tried dying it 2 times without using bleach. da first time, i did da color hazelnut but it turned out balck. then after a few weeks, i did a reddish brown color but the result still looked black. only when im in da sun, i could see da red tint in my hair. so i was wondering how u have black hair and after dying it witout bleach, ur hair turned out lighter. is it because u used more than one box of hair dye?

ive heard tat i need 2 boxes for my hair but it seemed tat only a box is enough 2 cover my whole head. is using 2 boxes of hairdye stronger??

and how long did u keep da hair dye in ur hair? thank you soo much for ur help

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WORTH IT?: - yes/kind of lol.

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

- medium/long hair

- black

Hair History:

- i've dyed my hair about...7+ times.

Hair color (left to right, up to down - before --> now)

only color missing is my red/burgundy color.

these pictures are all within the last 2 years?

haircolors.jpg

Bleach?: - yes/no - yes, when i went to the orangeyy blonde color.

Hair Dye: when i bleached my hair, it was done professionally by my best friends sister.

with other hair dyes i used, loreal, revlon, and garnier nutrisse.

Price: - $ $10 for the bleaching. and boxed hair dyes never exceeded $10 per box.

Changes:

- Damage?: It definitely damaged my hair. you can't tell its damaged though, which is a good thing haha. but its like hay when its wet. >__>

- Texture change?: my hair 3 years ago was REALLY soft and now its...not as soft. haha.

Description: - every process took about 30-40 min. nothing too long.

Comments: - i love my brown beige color the most but it was the hardest color to get and maintain. =(

Now my hair is just plain black so my natural black can grow out without any ugly roots coming out. haha. i always had that happening and got lazy to do touchups.

Guest rowiec

Has anyone used Palty?

Does it work well..? I have virgin hair... its black but in the spring/summer it goes to a dark brown and even orangeish color.

Also, does anyone know where to get the color on

Third Row, Third Box? It's Palty brand

[what it's called]

07_.jpg

Guest pixai

^ i've used palty before.. I must say , it works out pretty good on virgin hair, since it best suited for dark asian hair. Most of the time, it shows up a bit darker then the picture (ovbiously), u nless your hair was light / medium shade to start with.. You can try your local T&T, or somewere, but i've havent seen that shade at my t&t yet, since its kinda new :),

reference: i used milk tea brown on my ashy werid brown, and it turned goldeny :) really nice, but it totally fades after a week >.< lol..

Guest rowiec

^ i've used palty before.. I must say , it works out pretty good on virgin hair, since it best suited for dark asian hair. Most of the time, it shows up a bit darker then the picture (ovbiously), u nless your hair was light / medium shade to start with.. You can try your local T&T, or somewere, but i've havent seen that shade at my t&t yet, since its kinda new :) ,

reference: i used milk tea brown on my ashy werid brown, and it turned goldeny :) really nice, but it totally fades after a week >.< lol..

O_____O

fades after a week?! oh no...

I want something that will last!

I love the honey peanut though [found out the english name]

should i bleach before i dye it then? since i want a very light color?

Guest KJ__LEE

Wow x_Meh_Vt_Tooh_x.. Your Colors Turned Out Really Nice. I Really Like The Blonde! [2nd Last Picture] I Don't Know If I Can Pull It Off Like You Though, Haha

Guest blush

So... What color/brand/blahblah would I need to transform my veryverydarkasianbrown hair (dyed twice but it's been almost a year, color faded/cut off/etc) into this?:

2pqtfzn.png

Guest vietbebe

so i just dyed my hair reddish/brown..it really looks red in the sun..and it looks medium red/brown normally.....

i will prob re-dye it back to a medium brown in like 2-3 months.......

i need to let my hair breathe lol

what should i do if i want to go back to brown? i heard red is hard to get rid of ..just like black..

any suggestions?

i should go to the salon ??

Guest nesteaplunger

so i just dyed my hair reddish/brown..it really looks red in the sun..and it looks medium red/brown normally.....

i will prob re-dye it back to a medium brown in like 2-3 months.......

i need to let my hair breathe lol

what should i do if i want to go back to brown? i heard red is hard to get rid of ..just like black..

any suggestions?

i should go to the salon ??

Pics? and what dye did you use...did you have virgin black hair?

Guest x.yoru

Has anyone used Palty?

Does it work well..? I have virgin hair... its black but in the spring/summer it goes to a dark brown and even orangeish color.

Also, does anyone know where to get the color on

Third Row, Third Box? It's Palty brand

[what it's called]

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.dariyacosme.com/lineup/palty/pop/img/07_.jpg

I think it's Honey peanut?

At least that's what I can make of it. S:

And I've always wanted to dye my hair, but then my hair has always been damaged and I really don't want to damage it anymore. ><"

Guest pixai

O_____O

fades after a week?! oh no...

I want something that will last!

I love the honey peanut though [found out the english name]

should i bleach before i dye it then? since i want a very light color?

mmm..... yeah i think bleaching before you dye it will make the color look really good... but u dont have u bleach, cause bleaching will cause the color to be VERY very bright and yellow you know? so unless u like that really blonde color, then go for it, but honestly, i think if you want a light golden brown,, dye your hair medium brown.. like light chocolate.. or soemtihng and then dye it with the palty. then the color should look pretty nice..

but since palty fades eh.. it only looks good for a week, itll eventually fade back to your oringal color, but a bit lighter thats all... the color effects does not last very long at all..

to vietbebe: you could try to redye your hair with a brown that does not have a lot of red / orange / goldentones in it ( like chocolate brown ) since that would just make your current color even more red.. if you really want to turn back to like a brown.. get a ashy cool toned brown so it will actually turn to a regular brown and not itno a orangey brown :)

reference: personal experience ( died my hair A LOT. )

Sooo Im thinking of dying my hair to cover the Bleached/ faded purple parts in my bangs. Im too lazy to do touch ups.

I think I'm gonna dye it red again....so i need a drug store brand hair dye- not palty please. Ive used it in the past wasn't so pleased. I don't think Palty comes in red does it?

Any ways I was thinking of Nice 'n Easy - Perfect 10 (only because i have cuopons for it)

picture26fb1.png

or

excellencetogo1.png

orrr

L'OREAL feria

Guest pixai

^ loreals okay, fades and the color payoff pretty much sucks id have to say LOL, my friend used it the other day, the orangey one and her hair was like pure red / auburn, so she thoguht the orange would highlight it and look good, but unfortunately, i think it looked even worse? like somehow it just removed the red tones she had and eh.. but i havent heard about eprfect 10 :o !!

Guest musicsmylife

haircolors.jpg

took awhile to get the red hair color. probably took 3-5 boxes

HCo12_43_large.jpg

then after six months i wanted to try for a light brown so i tried this

oops me color thing. didnt fade out my color as much as i wanted it too. left it in for about an hr and a half.

color_oops_regular_strength_hair_remover_reviews_572381_raw.jpg

after awhile i just decided to go with dark brown since i had the hair color dye lying around the house.

only left the dye in for 3 minutes and it poof :o

2155835.jpg

sooner or later ima attempt the light brown hair color again. thinking of using a blonde hair dye

sorry for all the images :o

Guest rowiec

Has anyone found any asian brand hair color that lasts?

Since I want a blonde/orangey type of color, i'm only gonna trust asian brands..

I also think bleaching it first would be better? Since my hair is virgin black!

But i'm not sure which one is the best?

Help!

__thanks in advance!

Guest Cuteminiwaffles

I couldn't seem to find the right topic!

that answered all my questions.

Okay my mom said she could dye my hair!

^__~ GO MOM!

But I am completely lost! What colors should I stay away from?

I have yellow skin, and it's tan [dont be fooled by profile pics :P, soorry!]

What colors did you guys dye your hair?

(i am not using asian hair dye brands)

rainie-yang-0001.jpg

I was thinking of something like that color! ^

anyone know what color that is? :o

Guest hyeminnie

i could never understand why people say "Asian hair" or "Asian skin". do you mean you have the typical black straight hair? i'd go with dark colors.

Guest itstramnguyen

DO NOT GO BLONDE

lol

i think you should probably go light brown

or anything neutral and matches your skin tone

Archived