Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

Guest ♥oyen♥

I've dyed my own hair for like more than 10 times I think.... or less

Hair Dying Kits I used are Kolours and Revlon Colorsilk, most of the colors show up really well. I've never bleached my own hair.

2jctwm1.jpg

Its just that I don't get the exact color shown on the box.. like my latest hair color..

mjxum9.jpg

It's suppose to be light ash brown.. but its not ash brown at all >.<

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lyzi88

I've dyed my own hair for like more than 10 times I think.... or less

Hair Dying Kits I used are Kolours and Revlon Colorsilk, most of the colors show up really well. I've never bleached my own hair.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jctwm1.jpg

Its just that I don't get the exact color shown on the box.. like my latest hair color..

http://i43.tinypic.com/mjxum9.jpg

It's suppose to be light ash brown.. but its not ash brown at all >.<

can i ask what you used exactly and what color was your hair before.. i want this color its sooo pretty!

Guest lyzi88

When you guys dye your hair, do you change your make up shades/color too? I find now that my hair is light brown...its a bit harsh looking and odd to use black eye liner like i once did with my black hair...any recommendations for what shades i should start using>?

Guest mikaila229

To Oyen:

I really really love love love your hair color.. it looks so good, shiny on you even love your hair cut.

Can you plz tell me wats exactly the name of the color?

And also the one in this pic which i found in your blog too , http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-qrHB9xb1n8/SXk5...s1600-h/av4.jpg

I just adore all your hair colors <3

And when will the color actually fade and show the roots ? Do you use a particular shampoo for dyed hair?

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

I have a question you guys! T______T

i recently dyed my hair & the TOP half of my hair is lighter then the bottom half.. does anyone know why that is?

&& is there a way i can fix it? can i just REDYE the bottom part again? will it turn lighter?

Guest Soapopolous

When you guys dye your hair, do you change your make up shades/color too? I find now that my hair is light brown...its a bit harsh looking and odd to use black eye liner like i once did with my black hair...any recommendations for what shades i should start using>?

I don't really change my makeup shades except for the color of my eyebrow pencil. You want to make sure your eyebrows are only one shade darker than your hair color. You could use a brown eyeliner or you can still use a black eyeliner but use a lighter shade (since there are different shades of brown and black).

I have a question you guys! T______T

i recently dyed my hair & the TOP half of my hair is lighter then the bottom half.. does anyone know why that is?

&& is there a way i can fix it? can i just REDYE the bottom part again? will it turn lighter?

Your hair on top is "virgin hair" so the stuff that wasn't dyed and the bottom half is probably what you had dyed before and it's just grown out to the bottom. I would recommend seeing an actual hairstylist to fix it because when you dyed your hair there should have been a filler color put in so that it would all be one color at the end.

Guest plumplum

Can we talk about dye brands here?

My hair is naturally brown and I'd like it really dark brown, almost black. I got it done at a salon last week and it cost me $70. It's already fading even with color care shampoos. I do not have that kind of money to throw away like that!

I'm looking for:

- drugstore brand

- semi-permanent (so that the color fades rather than having roots show)

- minimal damage (I know dye is damaging)

Also, is there a good hair pack (treatment) I can use after I dye that won't strip the color?

Guest EmYueAnh

WORTH IT?: - Yes.

Natural Hair type:

Short, Straight,

Hair History: -

-Virgin to Bleached.

Hair color Before:

March09-3copy-1.png

Hair color After:

orangemarchhuEm-1.png

Bleach?: - Yes.

Hair Dye: - N/A but I self bleached it with Clairol's FX XtremeFX bleach out tool kit.

Price: - $ - 11.99

Changes:

Nothing too bad. Just a bit dry.

Description: - I lost track of time. :[ But inorder to make it bright orange and kinda quick. I sat infront of the heater and read a page in a book while having a plastic covering over my hair. And turn as soon as I started a new page so that it would go faster. I suggest that anyone who self bleach their hair is to use alot of mirrors when applying the bleach.

Comments: - I actually like the orange. :] But my Mother thinks its horrible. So I have a box of Revlon's Color Silk #42 Medium Copper Chestnut Brown waiting for me when I think my hair is okay to dye it. :]

Guest _dax_

^

Actually I find it looks quite complimentary with your cut so you have nothing to worry about.

However there will always be some people that walk pass you thinking that it's quite individualistic

and unnatural; conservative views say if you will.

But as long as you have the confidence anyone can pull off any color.

If you do end up using that box of chestnut brown dye to reverse,

I suggest leaving a strand or small section of bleached hair to experiment with some lighter colors you may or may not want to try out

eventually as a full head of color.

Guest EmYueAnh

^

Actually I find it looks quite complimentary with your cut so you have nothing to worry about.

However there will always be some people that walk pass you thinking that it's quite individualistic

and unnatural; conservative views say if you will.

But as long as you have the confidence anyone can pull off any color.

If you do end up using that box of chestnut brown dye to reverse,

I suggest leaving a strand or small section of bleached hair to experiment with some lighter colors you may or may not want to try out

eventually as a full head of color.

Thanks so much. :3

Yeah alot of people during school was like, "WOAH." But thanks so much for the comment. :3

I ended up using the box eariler today but after I posted that pic.

marchcopperorange-1.png

The ends of my hair is more of the brown, and I left some of the original bright orange in my hair. :3

Still orange. But its more settled.

Guest babiloveyoo

Has anyone tried Garnier Nutrisse Nutri-brown? I want to buy it but idk if I should or not.

Iced Macchiato. Permanent Haircolor. With fruit oil concentrates. Cool Brown. A Nourishing Color Treatment for dark hair that lifts hair up to 4 levels without brassiness for rich, healthy-looking color that really lasts. The exclusive color treatment, enriched with conditioners and fruit-oil concentrate, penetrates into the hair fibers to nourish deep down while delivering rich, long-lasting color. Unique avocado-enriched conditioner that harnesses the restorative properties of avocado oil with Vitamin E. It nourishes hair and protects against dryness, locking in color and moisture to keep your color rich and healthy-looking and your hair silky soft.

200.JPG

Guest _dax_

Thanks so much. :3

Yeah alot of people during school was like, "WOAH." But thanks so much for the comment. :3

I ended up using the box eariler today but after I posted that pic.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/badan...perorange-1.png

The ends of my hair is more of the brown, and I left some of the original bright orange in my hair. :3

Still orange. But its more settled.

Your welcome,

Turned out very nice - you can brag about highlights minus the cost!

Agreed it looks more harmonized? Not sure if that word sounds right

Guest ♥oyen♥

wow oyen, LOVE YOUR CURRENT COLOR

can i ask what you used exactly and what color was your hair before.. i want this color its sooo pretty!

To Oyen:

I really really love love love your hair color.. it looks so good, shiny on you even love your hair cut.

Can you plz tell me wats exactly the name of the color?

And also the one in this pic which i found in your blog too , http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-qrHB9xb1n8/SXk5...s1600-h/av4.jpg

I just adore all your hair colors <3

And when will the color actually fade and show the roots ? Do you use a particular shampoo for dyed hair?

I really like your current hair color oyen.

Which brand/color did you use?

Thanks guys :)

I am a die hard light brown shades fanatic xD

Oh well, my hair was originally really dark brown...

and I started coloring it using Kolours, I dont know if they are local brand.. from them on I color my hair whenever I have 2-3 inches of roots showing.

kolours-family.gif

And then I tried Loreal but my favorite hair dying kit is REVLON COLORSILK...

My current haircolor is Light Ash Brown from Colorsilk

this one;

309978695509.jpg

But it didn't turn ash on mine.. it kinda has slight orange-ish hue x.x I guess I can achieve ash color by bleaching first.. But I don't wanna go through all that process. I always use 2 boxes of hair dying kits.

6jlvyv.jpg

For the shampoos, I dont use color enhancer shampoos, I just use normal ones.. and intensive conditioners.

I dont see the color fading overtime... maybe it does but I really don't notice because my hair is so light under sunlight/outdoors.

But my current haircolor, I am not 100 percent sure that anyone with currently dark brown-black hair can achieve this color I mean this light once they try because Ive been coloring my hair for years and its been lighter ever since....

But one thing I've noticed though, its really weird

Whenever i dye my hair with new color my original roots... the color shows up really well!

So I really don't know haha!

But yeah, my favorite is Revlon colorsilk they have fantastic brown shades. :)

@mikaila229 That's still my current hair color :)

Guest invisiblebunny

I have a question: I have dyed hair but my roots are growing out. if i dye my hair by myself, will it turn 2 different colors? coz someone told me if u dyed ur hair by urself with black roots growing out the already dyed part will be lighter than the roots. does that make sense?

yea, make perfect sense, but this applies only if you use nothing but the bleach method and bleach your whole head, then of course, the already dyed(bleached) part will be bleached further.

to colour regrowth(black roots - i ll say regrowth later cos not everyone has black hair) on asian:

1) foil out the already coloured part,

2) bleached the regrowth till theyre usable(for light brown, its enough to take it to light orange, for blonde, take it to yellow, for platium, bleach it all the way to white/v.pale yellow),

3) wash,

4) add colour to the bleached part, matching the existing colour as the rest of the hair,

5) check they comes good or if needed tone adjustment,

6) if yes, all good! if not,

7) too red - add green toner/ too yellow - add purple toner/ to dark overall - do a 'quick' shampoo mix peroxide wash.

hope this helps! :)

Guest invisiblebunny

Thanks guys :)

I am a die hard light brown shades fanatic xD

Oh well, my hair was originally really dark brown...

and I started coloring it using Kolours, I dont know if they are local brand.. from them on I color my hair whenever I have 2-3 inches of roots showing.

%7Boption%7Dkolours-family.gif[/mg]

And then I tried Loreal but my favorite hair dying kit is REVLON COLORSILK...

My current haircolor is Light Ash Brown from Colorsilk

this one;

%7Boption%7D309978695509.jpg%7Boption%7D

But it didn't turn ash on mine.. it kinda has slight orange-ish hue x.x I guess I can achieve ash color by bleaching first.. But I don't wanna go through all that process. I always use 2 boxes of hair dying kits.

%7Boption%7D6jlvyv.jpg%7Boption%7D

For the shampoos, I dont use color enhancer shampoos, I just use normal ones.. and intensive conditioners.

I dont see the color fading overtime... maybe it does but I really don't notice because my hair is so light under sunlight/outdoors.

But my current haircolor, I am not 100 percent sure that anyone with currently dark brown-black hair can achieve this color I mean this light once they try because Ive been coloring my hair for years and its been lighter ever since....

But one thing I've noticed though, its really weird

Whenever i dye my hair with new color my original roots... the color shows up really well!

So I really don't know haha!

But yeah, my favorite is Revlon colorsilk they have fantastic brown shades. :)

@mikaila229 That's still my current hair color :)

thats what i do too! appearently colour enhancing shampoo make hair more difficult to colour and also tends to make colouring result unstable.

to get the ashy shade, its really best you first take your hair to yellow or even a pale orange(bleach), this is because you ll already have gotten rid of the red, and when you put ash brown on yellow hair then, the colour comes out alot more accurately.

myself, i use also just normal shampoo and yea! always the conditioner!

and i love semi-permanent colours, too, those that last for 2 months, so that when the regrowth comes out, the dye would have been also washed out, and you can do a new colour without re-scarping your whole head and demage hair unnecessarily, these type 2 colours is also alot more gentle than permanent ones, too!

i m telling you this because i ve been doing my own hair for years and i dont have problem of hair falling out(because all i did really is bleach once, then just colour and re colour, instead of rebleaching my whole head 10 thousands times!) :)

Guest invisiblebunny

go to mac, they make excellent eye liners and can very likely give you a colour to match your hair colour, i remember i found more than 10 different shades of browns, and i got myself one dark ashy brown with tiny sparkly bits in it, gorgeous! i trust that youre gonna love it, just go and take a look!

Archived