Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest Ding Lin

As you may have already noticed that the number of news articles about JJM boosted after Episode 30 was aired.  A Chinese fan translate four articles in the Baidu JJM forum (I have posted some).   I am summarizing the articles below. 
The first three articles are presented in this link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2876355018The fourth article can be found here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2877104015
1) The first article praised JJM's acting in Episode 30 with high remarks. It said that how JJM could convey strong emotions via his eyes. There are few lines for JM, but he has been expressing his love and sorrow for SN.  His ability to act via his expressive eyes is next to none!   It is a very positive article. 
(Original article: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=465409)
2) The second article is titled "Joo Jin Mo, there is a reason to be silent" 
It summarized the story in Episode 30-31. Then, it focused on the role of WY in these two episodes (how he discovered the mystery of the account book and how he helped SN and TH secretly).  The article said that his return stirred things up in Empress Ki.  Previously, his screen time was unbelievably limited as the male lead.  His return made things interesting again in the Palace and rejuvenated the love triangle.  The article said that the audience is very happy to see more WY 's story. Some people commented that "there is a reason for JJM's previous silence" (i.e. his impressive return made his previous silence worthwhile) and  JJM finally feels like the male lead.  As for the love triangle, some posters said "can you put the three of them in the same room"?  "Let them interact face to face" (PS: A Chinese fan commented on the comment and said "just put the three of them in the same bed'. LOL).  Anyway, it is also a positive article. 
(Original article: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201402180002071210)

3) The third article is not so positive. The title of the article is "Power conflicts in the palace .... Joo Jin Mo is excluded".  It described how JJM is isolated from the main story in Empress Ki.  His screen time is so limited and he is not even as active as some supporting cast. The audience does not seem to care too much about him.  The article is long, but it says things that WY fans already know (and complain before).  The article questions the reason why the writers  had to create such a fictional character, if they were going to isolate him like this.  In the end, the reporter said that he is feeling sorry for JJM.  

(Original article: http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=266443&year=2014)
4) The fourth article is like a statement of JJM.  The article is entitled "JJM: Less screen time?  Not his concerns" 
The article first described how the screen time of JJM decreased lately in Empress Ki and said that JJM's acting is super despite his limited screen time.  The article, then, interviewed the manager of JJM. The manager said that JJM is pretty "peaceful" about his limited screen time (although he is a little bit sad). At this point, he is not too concerned about his screen time but concentrating on improving his acting. He said that he will perform in a way to touch every women's heart (LOL).  
(Original article: http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=269464&year=2014

#########################################################
Ding Lin's comments: 

First of all, I have to say that I am SO proud of JJM!!!  He does not give up and continues to try his best!!! 

Secondly, it is a bit sad to read the third and fourth articles. 
 As WY fans, we all know that WY is much much more popular than it seems.  Especially,  the ratings with "WY oriented" episodes have been pretty good recently. Why do those reporters have to write  articles like that?  And.... JJM has to respond?  I wonder what is going on behind the scene. 

Anyway, who cares about the others say about JJM?  JJM xi, we just love you and appreciate your wonderful performance as WY!  :) Please continue your good work.  No matter what, we will support you to the end ! 

It's been a very sleepy day at work.

Then I saw this comment under thetalkingcupboard's recap for episode 30 that makes me laugh and immediately become awake:

I actually think that the actor who plays WY does not sell his role enough… while he have tears, you don’t see the pain on him as much as you see on SN and TH

Thanks god that JJM doesn't cry a bucket or make excessive facial expression in EK  8-> Or else I will never get to discover him from this drama [-(

Guest anjshin

vu_hoa1983 said: It's been a very sleepy day at work.

Then I saw this comment under thetalkingcupboard's recap for episode 30 that makes me laugh and immediately become awake:

I actually think that the actor who plays WY does not sell his role enough… while he have tears, you don’t see the pain on him as much as you see on SN and TH

Thanks god that JJM doesn't cry a bucket or make excessive facial expression in EK  8-> Or else I will never get to discover him from this drama [-(

:D @vu_hoa1983, believe me or not, I just finished reading that comment on the Talking cupboard and laughed so hard at it.I know overacting is a standard in Korean dramas, and I'm so happy that JJM has set his own standard in terms of acting! So the only thing which really matters is that he himself is satisfied with the job he has done. 

vu_hoa1983 said: It's been a very sleepy day at work.

Expressing silent tears and silent pains are much harder than crying out loud, making painful expression as a way of telling people that you are hurt:): "Hey that guy is crying pitifully. He must be hurting a lot. His eyes are so red...so on". How about pain that can't be expressed for others to see but feel only?

There was a scene where WY cried his heart out and it's not just a simple cry. It's the sound of heart being broken, dream shattered and soul killed off. If that's not sad enough, ha, then I have no idea what to say  8-}

I didn't feel anything about the meeting scene at first in EP 30 until I observed their eyes and their (little but powerful in emotion) body language. It created a whole world of difference from looking things just from an outsider's perspective and from trying to understand what each little movement or eye gaze means :)

class="content-title"How Does Joo Jin Mo Feel About His Shortened Screen Time on “Empress Ki”?

How Does Joo Jin Mo Feel About His Shortened Screen Time on “Empress Ki”?

Actor Joo Jin Mo currently stars as Wang Yoo on MBC’s Monday-Tuesday sageuk “Empress Ki,” but his screen time has declined recently.

Joo Jin Mo’s role in the 50-episode drama is of fictitious Goryeo king, Wang Yoo, who experiences the pain of being unable to be with the person he loves, Ki Seung Nyang (Ha Ji Won), yet he continues to support her from the shadows.

In the earlier stages of the drama, Wang Yoo and Ki Seung Nyang shared a romance that set hearts racing. However, lately “Empress Ki” has shifted its focus more to Seung Nyang, now Ta Hwan’s (Ji Chang Wook) royal concubine, and Empress Tanashiri (Baek Jin Hee), and the power battle with highly influential Yeon Chul (Jun Gook Hwan).

Joo Jin Mo’s agency commented on February 19, “He’s a person too, and he is bound to feel slightly upset that his importance has been significantly reduced. However, Joo Jin Mo is not dwelling on his screen time, but will instead concentrate on his acting.”

“The plot has shifted to the Yuan imperial family, so Wang Yoo’s screen time has naturally decreased. However, in future, there will definitely be scenes where Wang Yoo will be able to set the hearts of women aflutter. There are still many episodes left. Please anticipate the remaining episodes, in which Joo Jin Mo will display a true man’s charisma.”

Empress Ki has 18 episodes left to go, so there is still plenty of time for further plot developments, and twists. The drama airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10:00 PM KST on MBC.

credit : soompi news

Guest Ding Lin

Oh!  This is the English translation of the fourth article which I summarized earlier....... 

willenette said: class="content-title"How Does Joo Jin Mo Feel About His Shortened Screen Time on “Empress Ki”?

How Does Joo Jin Mo Feel About His Shortened Screen Time on “Empress Ki”?

Actor Joo Jin Mo currently stars as Wang Yoo on MBC’s Monday-Tuesday sageuk “Empress Ki,” but his screen time has declined recently.

Joo Jin Mo’s role in the 50-episode drama is of fictitious Goryeo king, Wang Yoo, who experiences the pain of being unable to be with the person he loves, Ki Seung Nyang (Ha Ji Won), yet he continues to support her from the shadows.

In the earlier stages of the drama, Wang Yoo and Ki Seung Nyang shared a romance that set hearts racing. However, lately “Empress Ki” has shifted its focus more to Seung Nyang, now Ta Hwan’s (Ji Chang Wook) royal concubine, and Empress Tanashiri (Baek Jin Hee), and the power battle with highly influential Yeon Chul (Jun Gook Hwan).

Joo Jin Mo’s agency commented on February 19, “He’s a person too, and he is bound to feel slightly upset that his importance has been significantly reduced. However, Joo Jin Mo is not dwelling on his screen time, but will instead concentrate on his acting.”

“The plot has shifted to the Yuan imperial family, so Wang Yoo’s screen time has naturally decreased. However, in future, there will definitely be scenes where Wang Yoo will be able to set the hearts of women aflutter. There are still many episodes left. Please anticipate the remaining episodes, in which Joo Jin Mo will display a true man’s charisma.”

Empress Ki has 18 episodes left to go, so there is still plenty of time for further plot developments, and twists. The drama airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10:00 PM KST on MBC.

credit : soompi news

However, in future, there will definitely be scenes where Wang Yoo will be able to set the hearts of women aflutter. There are still many episodes left. Please anticipate the remaining episodes, in which Joo Jin Mo will display a true man’s charisma.”

8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->

I don't know what all the fuss is about :-/, really.The guy is just doing his job and is doing it fine, it's all that matters. If he's not lamenting his screen time (otherwise we would have heard the producers having hard times dealing with his agency), what are those reporters digging for?

@sarah.lina, looks like presents for the meeting tomorrow indeed.I'm very much looking forward to seeing photos and videos from the event!

vu_hoa1983 said: However, in future, there will definitely be scenes where Wang Yoo will be able to set the hearts of women aflutter. There are still many episodes left. Please anticipate the remaining episodes, in which Joo Jin Mo will display a true man’s charisma.”

8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->

vu_hoa1983 said:Never once doubted the part of true man's charisma :\"> :\"> :\">He has always been like that throughout the film, even during episodes where he cut down his enemy without even blinking, lol :-\" :-\" :-\"