Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

Guest RoseS

DOTS, Japanese.......highlights videos, eps. 1

http://coneru-web.com/korean-drama3-h1/

Korean drama

March 19/ 2016

"Descendants of the Sun" episode highlights the video together

Song Joong-ki and Song Hye Kyo appearances "descendant of the sun" - 2016 Recommended Korea Drama

"The sun of Descendants" starring Song Joong-ki (송중기)

"The sun of Descendants" starring Song Joong-ki (송중기)"

"Descendant of the sun," starring Song Hye Kyo (송혜교)

Starring "Song Hye Kyo (송혜교)" 
overseas troops doctor Kang Moyon auditor 
role that beautiful and intelligent woman doctor

http://www.hellokpop.com/list/9-reasons-everyone-needs-to-watch-descendants-of-the-sun/

By now, every K-drama and K-pop fan might have heard of ‘Descendants of the Sun’. The KBS2 drama, starring Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo, has just started to air from February 24, and has already been making headlines almost everyday for its cast, plot and related events.

If you have not watched it yet, here are the reasons why you better don’t miss it:

9. MANY OVERSEAS PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES

As this drama is pre-produced, it may seem that there will be a lot of promotional activities, since the actors and actresses are available to travel and promote freely without being tied down to filming schedule. True enough, Song Joong Ki is already confirmed to hold fan meeting in China, as well as Hong Kong with Song Hye Kyo. Fans can certainly expect more promotional activities to roll out soon!

descendants of the sun

Hi again kyonatics, 

I'm glad that uri favorite actress has gain more acknowledge for her performance rather than just her beauty. Almost everybody who had neutral feeling (not fans or hater) say she is one of the most beautiful actress in Asia, but not everyone say that she is one of the most talented actress in Asia. So I'm more interested to find news that acknowledge her as actress. 

Just want to share this in this actor/actress thread that even though I join some of shippers paradise for Kyo, doesn't mean that I'm so desperately wants her to be with the actors I ship. SHK can be with anybody she is happy with. At the end it's not about how popular the man is or how handsome or even how smart or how rich he is. SHK already got the fame, popularity, money, beauty, and also a smart woman. She has been through life without father who love and support her & her mother life. With her beauty which is compare to goddess, I think it's not easy for any men who dare to fall in love with her ( I read several mythology & mostly the beautiful woman in that story that are compare with goddess are suffering because all of the beautiful goddess don't want to be compete with the mortal). So all she need is the man that truly love her because of who she is, not because of the blessing she had (money, popularity, beauty). My ideal type of husband and father is like Song Il Kook, which I thought could be also the ideal type for SHK husband. ( I don't mean to ship SHK & SIK because SIK is happily married & I also adore his wife). 

At the end, I find that nowadays Song Hye Kyo look more happy, her smile is sincerely, she even post funny things she found, she speak a lot about her costar, she even look more relax on any events. Hope her happiness can stay long, because I think it's been quite a long time not see her happy & relax like now.

And I also wish you all kyonatics for a happy & healthy life. :heart:

• Like 17

@suellen88 I agree with you. All she needs right now is a man who can truly cherish her for the rest of her life. Celeb or not..it doesn't really matter. And the day she gets married to the person she loves, I'm sure I'm gonna be the happiest person in the world. :)

• Like 11

But the nets reactions even with those negative english translation is so releaving.. Mayorities said that's a hard things when your a beautiful one .. Why had to be a problems to being beautiful ? Some said why so serrious is only  a drama n give a break etc.. Even some laugh at it.. Well seems they not really bother with it.. Specially men viewers they really enjoying coz of her looks n cuteness there.. For me is more balancing ... When sjk is magneting girls n also men thaat wants to learn how to knock out a girls line but also shg is great with male viewers.. Some not said it in sns but in reality that's was among the reason why male viewers watch dots too.. If women can satisfied their eyes with dots so the men side want it too.. 

I really agree on married issue...  that's why i write before .. I wish she'll do all the promo for dots coz someday her time will be limited since she's 34 now.. What i mean is..  i really want her to settle down at 35 or max at 37 n have kiddos... :)

• Like 10

As a fan of SHK, I only wish her the best! Someday, somehow, the man who is destined to make her happy will come along! soon

When she's happy, everything beautiful in her life will follow suit! Everything will fall into place!  twohearts

I dream to see a happy and fulfilled KYO with her future Captain and their little pretty ones! happy2

• Like 6

Guest RoseS

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603201144036538605_2

Uruk, backdrop of ‘Descendants of the Sun,’ inspired by Iraq Updated: March 20 2016

KBS 2TV’s popular TV series “Descendants of the Sun” staff told a local Saturday night TV show that Uruk, the series’ backdrop, was inspired by Iraq. 

According to the series’ synopsis, Uruk is a remote area located at the margin of Balkan Peninsula. But a staff revealed on KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly” that Uruk was modeled after Iraq.

The staff added that using the real name of the nation is likely to cause diplomatic conflict explaining the reason for change of name to Uruk. 

“Descendants of the Sun,” starring actor Song Joong-ki as a junior Special Forces officer and actress Song Hye-kyo playing a surgeon, both dispatched to the remote area, revolves around their struggle facing disasters in the area. 

The filming took place in Korea and abroad. The three sets revealed in the episode are located in Taebaek, Gangwon Province and Paju, Gyeonggi Province, both remote areas in Korea, as well as Greece for filming abroad.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

No extension for ‘Descendants of the Sun,’ KBS confirms  Uploaded: March 20 2016

KBS 2TV, Korean TV network airing popular TV series “Descendants of the Sun” confirmed that has not considered an extension, despite growing local demand for it, according to a local report on Sunday.

Jung Sung-hyo, KBS drama bureau chief, told a local media outlet Star News that he does not plan to air an extension or special for “Descendants of the Sun.”

“‘Descendants of the Sun’ will wrap up on April 14, as planned,” Jung told Star News. 
He added that as the the series was fully filmed before airing it was “virtually impossible” to air more episodes than initially planned. 

The filming of the 16-episode-long drama that kicked off airing on Feb. 24 concluded last year. 

This came after calls for the Wednesday-Thrusday series to be extended from local viewers grow. Moreover, local fans created an online community to demand a director’s cut for the series.

The viewer ratings for the eighth episode reached 28.8 percent in Korea, according to a local viewership researcher Nielsen Korea. 

Starting April 20, a new drama series “Master: God of Noodles,” based on an eponymous cartoon, will be aired, Jung confirmed.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

[How can DOTS, extention while early firlming:blink:;):(]

wow thanks for the updates , its great to have you here again MasY for your awesome post about SHKs role and contribution to DoTs and for your effort for the translation,  it gives us insight as to how they create articles thru their own translation and interpretation I guess , it simply shows that most of them have their own bias as compare with those that are based on actual facts and objective opinion thus some would chose something that gives out a negative vibe .   anyways , love to see that more and more articles now like the ones you found that praise and appreciates SHK and im just happy also that as DoTs progress the role of KMY is given already a spotlight and SHK never fails to bring out her best performance especially in crying scenes.

6afb0f0cgw1f234dwsxejg208c08cnpf.gif

e374cfc0gw1f1z1s20ffyj20o80dhjrp.jpg

hope that YTN news featuring SHK have English sub , thanks for sharing xinwen! looking forward for more features about SHK !

from showbiz korea, , they feature SHKs dream to become a singer then, just wondering why didnt they gave her a singing break too as part of DoTs soundtrack????????? she once prove it that she can sing well for her Laneige ad campaign with JP

e374cfc0gw1f22ifcu86qj20oo0dxgm9.jpg

e374cfc0gw1f22ifdehqmj20oi0dumxt.jpg

• Like 12

@MasY, thanks so much again for your hard work and effort in translating those articles.  It always makes my day brighter reading all those positive comments and praises for Kyo ^_^.

Thanks @Ngoc Chieu Nguyen for posting the video of Leon Lai showing his support for DotS :)  It's great that Kyo got to meet Leon again.  You can tell she's a fangirl by how much she's smiling there, lol.  She has mentioned before at the Hong Kong TWTWB promotional trip that she wanted to work with Andy Lau and Leon lai.  Maybe that's why she went to HK 2 weeks before the DotS promotions.  Perhaps she is going to work with Leo on a project together? 

Translations for what Leo said in the short clip:  "One thing you have to watch is DotS, really good, really touching, wiping away tears".

An old pic of Kyo with Leon Lai

6afb0f0cjw1f23nemlho0j20cn0bz0tn.jpg

Kyo posted this pic on her Instagram

6afb0f0cjw1f23m7mhmpxj20hs0r4dr0.jpg

• Like 14

Guest RoseS

Singapore,

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/3-reasons-why-descendants-of-the-sun-is-the-biggest-k-drama-phenomenon-now

2. DESCENDANTS HAS EXCELLENT CREDENTIALS

There is not only leading lady Song Hye Kyo, an early star of the Korean Wave......

(Just in one sentence but it's an answer...about SHK not be mention..much ..like other. Because SHK who has been famous.....wellknown....)

-----------------------

US's viewers, DOTS's fan...... 

I thought we have to wait for Wednesday and April 4 for great news/updates of SHK drama/activities , but I was wrong there's non stop news about SHK and though its too early for her to be in HK for the DoTs promo, well I guess she must have other meetings/activities there  and with her IG update , looks like she will have a work collaboration with one of HKs top actor/singer Leon Lai who happens to a be a DoTs fan too, how nice of him promoting DoTs  and SHK looks so happy and love her giggles on the video.   I happen to read somewhere also that Elle HK posted on its instagram SHK and SJK this might be hint for a cover photo for Elle HK magazine???? for sure SHK do have lots of activities lined up there in HK prior to DoTs presscon , Esprit , SeeYoung and Laneige might have upcoming events/promo for her in HK too !  its great that SHK is quite active with her IG posts nowadays and wow the increase in her followers , its amazing .

6afb0f0cjw1f23nely6eoj20hs0kmmxz.jpg

here's a portion of an article about SHK on DoTs and her role as KMY from The Strait Times

Song Joong Ki (far left) and Song Hye Kyo in Descendants Of The Sun, which was shot on location in Greece. Kim Soo Hyun (far left) and Gianna Jun in My Love From The Star.

SONG HYE KYO, 34 

With her doe-eyed looks and porcelain skin, Song was born to play the damsel in distress in K-dramas.

In the classic series Autumn In My Heart (2000), she starts a doomed relationship with a man she previously thought was her brother, due to a mix-up at birth. She ends up dying of leukaemia.

In melodrama That Winter, The Wind Blows (2013), she plays a blind heiress who is sceptical about love until she lets her guard down and falls in love with a charming con-man.

Fans have been pleasantly surprised by her refreshing turn as the fiesty doctor Kang Mo Yeon in Descendants Of The Sun.

"My previous roles were very reserved, viewers will get to see a new side of me," she says in an interview with infotainment programme Entertainment Weekly.

The spunky Dr Kang trudges on fearlessly in a disaster zone as she gets cuts and grime on her. She does not flinch when blood is splattered across her face during surgery.

Considered one of South Korea's top natural beauties and an A-list actress, Song has starred in many K-dramas and films, as well as Chinese movies such as Wong Kar-wai's The Grandmaster (2013) and John Woo's two-part disaster romance The Crossing (2014, 2015).

An in-demand brand spokesmodel, she is perhaps best known as spokesman for Korean beauty giant Laneige - a coveted spot she has held since 2008.

Said to be single, she reportedly dated her K-drama male leads - All In (2003) co-star Lee Byung Hun and Worlds Within (2008) co-star Hyun Bin.

Envy-inducing heroines Doctor Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) vs superstar Cheon Song Yi (Gianna Jun)

002.jpg

When it comes to the female lead, the question is: Who would you, the female viewer, rather be?

Do you want to be superstar Cheon, walking in her Jimmy Choo stiletto heels and effortlessly slipping into her size-zero designer dresses, but living with all her insecurities?

Do you want to be Dr Kang, an intelligent, confident professional who has seriously bad-hair days but whose date thinks she is sexy, even when she has a patient's blood on her face?

Do you want to be a damsel in distress, waiting to be saved by her alien boyfriend? Or do you want to be a woman who saves lives and still gets to go on a hot date afterwards?

Cheon is the escapist choice and Dr Kang is more empowering. She is also a heroine who would belong in a classic romantic comedy, the kind who gives as good as she gets. This round goes to Dr Kang.

check out the full article on this link

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/descendants-of-the-sun-hot-hot-hot

• Like 14

Great post @MasY , suellen88 , joongkyo , leedonghaek , sunflower91_

I also find Hye Kyo nowadays,  happy, open, very transparent, relax and cool

We all love her because shes real in all her interviews, said previously shes open to international husband.

She is very private, but  I also believe she has this comic side reason  she act naturally in those funny scenes.

She even said so herself shes “childish”

Wishing , hoping the right/suited  man will come her way soon.

Side note : kinda puzzle why the English translation is not in full?  Why they will only publish the negative ones?   S. korea is receiving billions because of this drama.  They should thank this remarkable woman, not the other way around.

She is the one that started Korean wave, and its back because of her. It’s a fact.

• Like 14