Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

a nice morning to visit this thread.. :-D but a what??? a 5 back pages to read??? just an overnight that i have'nt visited the thread.. :'(

@freshspring your as fast as the lightning and the super typhoon again that approaching in my country today for your updates..

thanks for the updates.. ;-) ;-)

OMG that jaw dropping pics of HXM and Kyo on magazine cover..i admit that they have chemistry i think i'm gonna faint.. :-D @freshspring you can't resist not to change your avatar w/ that pic..i think you need a CPR if you can't breath w/ that pic.. :-D :-D

is there more updates to come??? so that i won't be left behind.. :-D :-P

thanks for the trans @hclover96 @khxy.. ;-)

thanks for the updates @Ngoc.. ;-)

thanks for all the kyonatics the unending contributions and updates.. ;-) :-D

2901 pages now..just a little bit we will reach 3000 pages w/ the hardworks of all the chingus here i know still more and more pages are coming.. :-D ;-)

Here's a review of The Crossing from Hollywood Reporter.  It's not as positive, but it does give us more insight into what to expect for this movie :)

class="main_article_deck" John Woo returns with the first installment of an epic romance drama based on the real-life sinking of the Taiping steamer in the Taiwan Straits in 1949.

With a story based on a real-life maritime disaster – the 1949 sinking of the Taiping, a vessel carrying more than 1,000 passengers when it capsized in the Taiwan Straits – The Crossing has been billed as the "Chinese Titanic" ever since director John Woo unveiled the project to much fanfare in Cannes in 2008.

Not that one gets to see that much waving and drowning in the high seas in this first entry of John Woo's two-parter: it's only towards the end of this two-hour-plus film that the viewer gets to see some desperately drenched passengers along with text saying how most  of the main characters will be on that ill-fated vessel. The scene serves as a trailer of sorts for the second installment slated for release in May.

Belying a Chinese title literally alluding to the name of the doomed liner, The Crossing: Part One – which opened in China on Dec. 2 before making its international bow at the Singapore International Film Festival on Dec. 4 – has nearly nothing to do with the catastrophe. Rather, Woo whets the viewer's appetite for more by presenting an origin story introducing the historical background and (fictional) characters central to the tragedy.

And beyond its many disparate components, Part One is at its heart (and its most effective) a standalone war film, its central thread being the tribulations of Nationalist Army general Lei Yifang (Huang Xiaoming) and private Dong Daqing (Dong Dawei) as they face an imminent, certain defeat by the Red Army during the Chinese Civil War.

Thus, Woo has – at least for this installment – played to his own male-bonding forte, complete with his visual signatures of flying doves, last-chance-saloon standoffs and guns pointed at heads.

Here, he places the focus on Lei and Dong contemplating their imminent defeat and downfall as they converse with each other and also with their enemies. It's perhaps telling that Lei's exchanges with Dong, his loyal lieutenants and his communist adversaries sizzle with more tension and emotion than his interaction with his wife Zhou Yufen (Korean actress Song Hye-kyo).

In fact, it's as if their relationship is just sketchily accounted for, with their courtship and marriage wrapped up in less than 10 minutes of screen time. It's as if their relationship is only present as a pre-requisite (so as to give Zhou a loved one to yearn for as she begins her life in exile in Taiwan) and also a melodramatic device aimed at providing the hero (and Huang, as one of China's premier heartthrobs) with a winning, sentimental edge.

For Part One, therefore, everything beyond the crackling battle scenes has much less narrative traction. Characters who might be taking center stage in the sinking in Part Two are only cursorily introduced into the proceedings. Always fascinated with building his films on a male triumvirate, Woo's third man here is Yen Zekun (Takeshi Kaneshiro), a Taiwanese doctor settling down to normal life in his hometown after years as a forcibly drafted field medic in the Japanese army during WWII. Perhaps a little more than conveniently, he meets Zhou, who has moved into the house once occupied by his Japanese paramour Masako (Magami Nagasawa) – a friendship anchored by their shared longing for a distant beloved.

Meanwhile, back in Shanghai is Yu Zhen (Zhang Ziyi), an illiterate young woman who came into the equation when Dong pays her to have a photograph taken together as a couple as a proof of marriage, which would provide his family back home with more food rations. This financial exchange is a harbinger of Yu's unraveling existence, as unforgiving circumstances eventually force her to go into the skin trade so as to secure enough money to travel to Taiwan with hope of finding her missing lover. Of course, Yu is a prostitute with a heart of gold: soft-spoken and incredibly photogenic given her precarious financial situation, she also spends her daytime as a volunteer nurse caring for injured soldiers, which provides more opportunities for histrionic depictions of the brutalities of war.

With most of the film dedicated to depictions of war and its discontents, Part One struggles to present a full-fledged and flowing multi-linear narrative covering all these characters spread miles apart in terms of geography, culture and class – not to mention the issues their interactions bring about, such as Taiwan's post-WWII identity crisis (seen through Yan's recollections of his much-criticized relationship with a Japanese woman, or Zhou's family trying to acclimatize and fit in with the local population). 

Then again, the film is certainly a riveting visual spectacle, what with its macho men and porcelain-beauty women plodding along to their tragic fates amidst Horace Ma's remarkable production design, all unfolding in splendor – in peace and war – through Zhao Fei's camera work. (The film is also released in a competent converted-to-3D version in mainland China.)

Given how most of this film is merely backgrounder for the catastrophe to follow in the next film, however, one wonders how much of this would be left if Woo is to (very likely) repeat his Red Cliff approach by abridging the two-parter into a single feature for international release. Never mind, that, however: Part One's star power (and firepower) would certainly be enough to give Woo a winner at the Chinese and Asian box office, which would put the film(s) in good stead for a run in festivals (in Berlin or Cannes) and markets abroad.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/crossing-part-one-tai-ping-752870

Thanks Freshspring for your tireless efforts.
Glad Hye Kyo had a good time. Reports says that she was asked to sing a song or two.In the end HXM "saved" her by singing 2 songs.
She has returned to Korea today

Kkkikki I misread your comment @MayaE, I read like this " forunately we have khxy in soompi thread". Thanks honey @khxy and of course my unnie @hclover96 who are important ones, the interpreters of Kyo unnie our thread. You, Ms and Mr Tran should have an appointerment :-bd

@sfc12, my chingu, sorry dear, I've just seen again your post, so cute, can you bring me a CPR :D

gif: she's even more than "nice" when hold fan's hand this tight. I love her more and more
iFTxbIEzg5CMP.gif

The actor who plays her father is also there
ib0l3BEnflKfYt.gif

If she's returning back to Korea, does that mean we are going to be experiencing another KYO drought? 8-| No more red carpet, no more press con, no more promo, no more HuangKyo, and most of all no more TaKyo!:((:((:((I'm losing my TaKyo Fever....the fever is subsiding.....getting cooler....and cooler.....and cooler.....gone!!!Normal![-([-(Well, it was fun while it lasts!!!:-bd

^hclover, thank you for the new mesmerizing new stills....... it getting better and better.

freshspring........ love Kyo more, she's really appreciate her fans so much...... look at mr sidus face when he turned to make sure it's safe to do so :D

thank you so much chingus freshspring, jolie, rubylia for sharing event pics and all for posting awesome comments, news....... and not forgetting our resident Chinese translators khxy and hclover......... we're honored and thankful to have you here helping us...... just as Kyo to mr and ms trans  ^:)^ ^:)^

looking Kyo at the heavy-scheduled events 3 days continuously........ she really needs a good rest....... i'm glad that she's going back home today...... hope she has a good well rest........ and gearing for the upcoming 12 dec event in Macau HK as posted by one of our chingu here. thank you.

after spoiling her fans...... upcoming days we expect she's back to hibernation mode which is fine...... she needs it badly.

love her smile in this pic the best  :x :x

tc52_zpsea4c8473.jpg~original

credit as tagged

sorry if reposted

tc46_zpsa936486f.jpg~original

tc45_zps13b9b42f.jpg~original

dc

It's ok dear @freshspring. I guess like unni you badly needed to rest too.awesome posts this week.Too tiring for you dear, same with @khyx and @hclover and all kyonatics who participated in updating on this events.Kudos to all of you.God Bless everyone..

class="content-title"Song Hye Kyo’s Latest Chinese Film “The Crossing” Tops Box Office in China ddangha December 3, 2014

song-hye-kyo-the-crossing.jpg

Actress Song Hye Kyo‘s latest Chinese film “The Crossing” has topped the Chinese box office with flying numbers.

On December 2 when the movie was released, “The Crossing” cat at number one at the box office by a landslide, making up 58% of total ticket sales. On its opening day alone, the film made approximately 30 million yuan (approx $4.9 million USD).

“The Crossing” is an epic historical film that tells the tragic love stories of three couples who flee China to Taiwan during the Chinese Revolution in 1949, on steamer ship “Taiping” which ultimately sinks with 1500 casualties. The film is being hailed as the Chinese “Titanic.”

“The Crossing” is directed by famed director John Woo, who is known for his Chinese and Hollywood action movies. The film also stars Zhang Ziyi, Huang Xiao Ming, and Takeshi Kaneshiro.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/03/song-hye-kyos-latest-chinese-film-the-crossing-tops-box-office-in-china/

Dispatch is also reporting on the moviea as hit  http://www.dispatch.co.kr/r.dp?idx=114679

Another added on the list of oppas: KDW, JIS, SSH, WB, and now HXM. Am I missing anybody? :D They could be dubbed as "THE OPPAS" Not bad! Not bad at all!!:-bd:-bd:-bdA lot of broad shoulders to cry on and a lot of muscles to protect the damsel in distress!!!=D>=D>Glad that she's getting to know good oppas!!!:)>-:)>-

Guest ZhouYunfen

Ni hao Kyonatics! Just wanna let y'all know this is my new username, my 3rd account actually. My 2nd old one had a problem again and I dunno why...bummed! From ohsooyoung to O2yoxanoh and now Zhou Yunfen :) Hopefully won't encounter a problem anymore! ...Glad to hear TC tops at the BO in China and what makes me happy even more is that they use Kyo's name in the headline ♥♥♥♥Congrats and let TC dominate continously at the BO! Tomorrow is TC's opening day in Taiwan, hoping and praying it will do the same thing as TC successfully sails in theaters across China.

Once again, Congrats TC cast and crew, nicely done! ! Xie xie to all who watched it already! ♡♡♡♡

Kyo sshi so proud of you. Have a bea

Guest ZhouYunfen

Have a beauty rest! Take care always Xoxo! :) :) I love the way they treat Kyo so esp. HXM, can't thank them enough! Xoxo China for embracing her warmly, thank you soooooo muchhhhhh! ♥♥♥ ♥ ♥♡♡♡♡♡