Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

I keep watching the episode 15 of DOTS repeatedly, especially one where KMY/SHK talks to her friend at the hospital and tells her she is going crazy and when KMY talks to the stuff animal and imaginary YSJ and tells him "But, you didn't come back.  You didn't come back."   Those scenes never fail to make me cry and the  episode 15, for me anyway, is definitely the best episode, a quality wise.  SHK acting is just speechless!  That's some serious acting skills...

Also, two things stood out for me during the recent press conference by SHK.  1)  She thought DOTS would be her last acting job presumably because of the tax scandal.  She must have undergone a very difficult emotional heartache last 3 years.  Thinking about that, as her fan, really saddens me particularly when it wasn't her fault at all.  So, I am ecstatic that DOTS did so well and she is on top again. 2)  She stated that she was surprised she wasn't so busy when DOTS did so well commercially.   This statement tells me she is surprised she didn't get more offers for interviews/CFs/acting gigs/etc.  Initially, I was a bit upset by the intense popularity of SJK where he could potentially make over $75 million dollars a year and SHK is basically absent publicly. Then, I came to realize that SHK really doesn't care. She was one of the first Korean stars to experience hallyu status thanks to AIMH and with Full House, Asian was in full SHK syndrome.  She went through what SJK is going through now.  Instead of taking advantage of her immense popularity financially thanks to FH, she took time off and went to US to study English.  Then she took a role in World Within for a quality writing and not for a commercial success.  She wanted to grow as an actress.  And that's why I love about her. Acting is not about making as much money as she can. Otherwise, she would have accepted every commercial offers that comes her way.  But, she rejects most of them.  She is financially wealth enough to own two very expensive homes, so I don't think she aims to get as much money from the success of DOTS as she possibly can.

She seems to be just happy that the success of DOTS will bring more opportunities to play better female characters.  She wants to be known as a great actress.  And I think DOTS has done that. Most blogs, news articles, and online comments focus on her excellent acting skills.  She earned the upmost respect from the people in her industry.   People were blown away.  And, as her fan, I couldn't be more proud.  I am also glad she is very choosy about her next project.  I hope she does a Korean movie with a serious Korean actors and actresses (not romantically partnered with a great looking actor with a potential hallyu status  but where she is a cop, prosecutor, spy, etc...something completely different from her roles thus far...)

• Like 19

2 hours ago, oaklove said:

I hope she does a Korean movie with a serious Korean actors and actresses (not romantically partnered with a great looking actor with a potential hallyu status  but where she is a cop, prosecutor, spy, etc...something completely different from her roles thus far...)

Sorry to cut your post. I totally agree with this! I personally, hope she'll do a movie with serious, veteran, award winning actors like Song Kang Ho, Choi Min Sik and the likes. Not necessarily a love line with them. My personal wish for her is to win major acting awards in Blue Dragon film awards, Baeksang awards, Grand Bell awards and Busan film critics awards. She has already done a lot of Hallyu dramas with successful rate. I don't mind her doing another Hallyu drama with a Hallyu star but I seriously hope she considers acting in a movie with the respectable and seasoned actors. :)

viewimage.php?id=3eb2de21edcb3dad77b0&no

dc

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, crixa said:

Sorry to cut your post. I totally agree with this! I personally, hope she'll do a movie with serious, veteran, award winning actors like Song Kang Ho, Choi Min Sik and the likes. Not necessarily a love line with them. My personal wish for her is to win major acting awards in Blue Dragon film awards, Baeksang awards, Grand Bell awards and Busan film critics awards. She has already done a lot of Hallyu dramas with successful rate. I don't mind her doing another Hallyu drama with a Hallyu star but I seriously hope she considers acting in a movie with the respectable and seasoned actors. :)

I'm with1 you. I wish she would play other challenging characters like a spy or a single mother that breaks boundaries etc..etc...

• Like 6

I think SHK is more meticulous now as far as choosing projects either movie film or tv drama! Good for her! 

I hope to see her star with WB, SSH, TK, Jackie Chan and those  actors mentioned above who, pardon me, I am not familiar with!

I am positive they are great actors! Wait, one more actor I really dream pairing SHK with is So Ji Sub!

Hmmm...... would like to see her play a role far from what she is used to.

Glad for dOtS! It has given her the platform to prove once again why she is a Star for All Seasons!  clap1

She is a very effective actor! clap1

• Like 4

im just happy that in  DoTs special episode 3 SHK was given her fair share of limelight and its great  how her co-stars and the production team regard her as a great actress and praised her good traits and personality , she is really like the sun shining brightly in this drama! in as much as I want to see her in a new project it might be a blessing in disguise for her to turn down that C Movie with TL coz she might be offered a more better project preferably a domestic one with Korea's great actors. as we see now SHK is not that busy for now at least she can take her time to relax and have fun while awaiting for her next project and there's a high probability that she can attend the red carpet event for the upcoming Korean awards .

201604071101050410_1.jpg

btw thanks leedonghaek for sharing that netizen buzz about SHKs thought on marriage , happy for the positive comments and its nice also that you have excluded those comments that bash other actors in your post , those netizens really are one of a kind .  as SHK fan I wish also that her wedding day will eventually come in the near future ! love her latest IG post wearing a simple shirt with "New York" statement and this photo of hers showing her pure and innocent beauty garnered attention from K Media and a hot topic in nate

연예 hot포토

송혜교, 자연스러운 일상 속 민소매 차림 '화보가 따로 없네'Song Hye-kyo, a natural everyday wear sleeveless' eopne aside the pictorial "
Newsen gimmyeongmi News]

기사 이미지
http://news.nate.com/view/20160424n02029&mid=e0403&cid=606460

• Like 14

@oaklove About the cfs photo shoots  i think it's her choice not to appear in any of those i believe she recieve a lot of offers. Song hye kyo ranked number 2 as most influential korean star by Korea Brand reputation analysis that alone is an indication of her popularity in the advertising world. Regarding offers for interviews she chose to have a mass interview in her latest presscon meaning she doesnt want to have a one on one interview. That speaks a lot on why she's been quiet during the run of dots while her other co stars are giving left & right one on one interviews. And yes i hope Hye kyo's next project is a movie with Veteran actors like Song kang ho, Choi min sik & Jung woo sung too damn woo sung oppa is so fine & hot! & by the way he's always present at her vip premieres too.

• Like 8

I think it was a really good move from KBS to air the BTS footage on TV instead of compiling everything in a DVD or uploading them on their Youtube channel. More viewers got to see the funny and cute side of Song Hye Kyo. Not that it really matters because her true fans already know who she really is. But still, I want more people to appreciate her and her beautiful personality. :)

@sunflower91_ Most welcome..^^

• Like 16

@msriz OMG. How could I forget, Jung Woo Sung the super hot oppa. The Oppa of all Oppas. lol I definitely want a love line between him and Kyo :wub:

@SusanC The actors I've mentioned are popular Korean actors, not as much in Asia since they tend to take on movie projects and seldom on dramas. I've been following Korean movies moreso than Korean dramas and I noticed how much these actors have gained multiple acting accolades. Most of the time, they take on movie projects that are both critically-acclaimed and with commercial success in Korea. That's why I've been wishing for Kyo to work with them. But I trust Kyo and I'm sure she chooses her projects well, as she pointed out on her interview, there are limited roles in diverse genres for Korean actresses to play. 

@leedonghaek I agree. Some are saying she's cold, distant and aloof. At least they get to see a glimpse of Kyo's true nature. She really is a warm hearted person. Even the director said she's cheerful and talkative.  :)

• Like 15

11 hours ago, msriz said:

So they better give her the Daesang award am i righ Director nim? 

“Descendants of the Sun” Director Names Most Memorable Scene in the Drama

LINE it!

Director Lee Eung Bok of KBS2’s “Descendants of the Sun,” picked Song Hye Kyo’s crying scene as the best moment of the drama.

On the episode of KBS2’s “Lets Meet Again Descendants of the Sun: Epilogue” aired on April 22, Lee Eung Bok cannot say enough about Song Hye Kyo’s acting.

He especially compliments the scene where she sobs after receiving the news that Yoo Si Jin (played by Song Joong Ki) has passed away.

“It was more memorable than a hundred lines and truly touching,” he says. “They weren’t just tear drops falling because of mere sadness. It was captivating to see how the tears would fill up in her eyes and overflow.”

Several other viewers agreed with his comment afterwards, saying, “It was very impressive” and “You can’t criticize Song Hye Kyo for her acting.”

Meanwhile, “Descendants of the Sun,” which ended on April 14, was a nationwide hit, with its highest ratings being 38.8 percent, even to the point of creating its own catchphrase.

Do you agree with his choice? What’s your favorite scene?

pointyfingerWithout a doubt!Who else could give justice to Dr. Kang's character? It's no other than the STAR for ALL SEASONS herself, song hye kyo! clap1

I rest my one and only case! grin

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, crixa said:

@msriz OMG. How could I forget, Jung Woo Sung the super hot oppa. The Oppa of all Oppas. lol I definitely want a love line between him and Kyo :wub:

@SusanC The actors I've mentioned are popular Korean actors, not as much in Asia since they tend to take on movie projects and seldom on dramas. I've been following Korean movies moreso than Korean dramas and I noticed how much these actors have gained multiple acting accolades. Most of the time, they take on movie projects that are both critically-acclaimed and with commercial success in Korea. That's why I've been wishing for Kyo to work with them. But I trust Kyo and I'm sure she chooses her projects well, as she pointed out on her interview, there are limited roles in diverse genres for Korean actresses to play. 

@leedonghaek I agree. Some are saying she's cold, distant and aloof. At least they get to see a glimpse of Kyo's true nature. She really is a warm hearted person. Even the director said she's cheerful and talkative.  :)

Thanks for the insight, crixa! I'm new to anything Korean! SHK is my window to the Korean world!  goodie

• Like 3