Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Hi I'm newbie here.. But i really like song hye kyo, I watched all her Drama but my may favorite was full house and endless love.. And now addicted to DOTS.. Hoping they will end up as a real couple.. They really look good together..

• Like 5

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
TNmS Ratings[25] AGB Nielsen[26]
Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area
1 24 February 2016 12.6% (7th) 12.7% (4th) 14.3% (4th) 14.4% (4th)
2 25 February 2016 13.5% (6th) 14.5% (4th) 15.5% (3rd) 16.0% (4th)
3 2 March 2016 21.8% (2nd) 22.7% (1st) 23.4% (2nd) 24.6% (2nd)
4 3 March 2016 22.9% (2nd) 23.5% (2nd) 24.1% (2nd) 25.1% (2nd)
5 9 March 2016 24.6% (2nd) 26.3% (1st) 27.4% (1st) 29.2% (1st)
6 10 March 2016        
7 16 March 2016        
8 17 March 2016        
9 23 March 2016        
10 24 March 2016        
11 30 March 2016        
12 31 March 2016        
13 6 April 2016        
14 7 April 2016        
15 13 April 2016        
16 14 April 2016        
  • Like 9

Guest RoseS

Song Hye Kyo deserves more credit for her part in "Descendants of the Sun"

Q83BnQN.jpg

I'm really really happy about the high quality, the excellent acting, the memorable dialogue, the skillful directing, the increasingly insane rating, and the positive audience reaction that "Descendants of the Sun" has received so far. It is still quite early to draw any conclusion, but I am very pleased with what I have seen on the screen. What we have is a product of a team, not just by one or two individuals.

Having said that, I'm sincerely happy that  Song Joong Ki is considered the most important factor that makes the drama successful. I totally understand why he gets praises. I also understand how his character has become so attractive, especially to female fans. I think he deserves all the praises for his appearance, acting and chemistry with Song Hye Kyo. I have to make it clear from the beginning that I am a fan of both actors and I have nothing but positive thoughts about Song Joong Ki and I am not referring to any posts in this thread or forum.

But I do feel unfair for Song Hye Kyo. Unlike "That Winter the Winds Blow" from which the acting and chemistry of both main leads Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo were fairly and equally received by the audience, with "Descendants of the Sun", at least from what I have seen so far and I hope that will change, Song Hye Kyo has not received the credit that she truly deserves. I am not commenting about her beauty or her star-power, especially in Asia, I'm talking about her acting in the drama.

Her acting comes so natural and appears effortless but anyone who follows the production of "Descendants of the Sun" knows that she indeed worked really hard for the drama. She does not only perform well, she helps to put more depth to the character and makes the character more relatable to the struggle that women have in real life. Some people may find it annoying that her character has not yet fully accepted Song Joong Ki's character, but the fact that she has that conflict is very real and worth understanding. That conflict in herself what makes me appreciate the script even more. This is like how I appreciate the same realistic aspect of "Worlds Within" script (although of course with "Descendants of the Sun" you have a lot more fanciful moments).

Of course as a woman, Kang Mo Yoen can not be flirtatious as Yoo Shi Jin, she cannot make jokes like Yoo Shi Jin does, she cannot have as many action scenes to rescue people like Captain has. But if Captain Yoo Shi Jin is manly, brave, romantic side, Kang Mo Yeon is more complex. She is lively but thoughtful, straightforward but humble, sassy but serious, brave but cautious, realistic but fanciful, romantic but self-minded, afraid of adventure but attracted to the adventure that her Captain brings. At first, it looks like Kang Mo Yoen is an easy character to play, but deep down, it is not easy, and Song Hye Kyo has done a great job in not only demonstrating the complexity, puting nuance, but not overacting. In short, she has been as excellent as Song Joong Ki and she has contributed as much as Song Joong Ki although each of them offers a different side and it is up to the audience to appreciate their acting.

I know that this post of mine will go unnoticed but I decided to write anyway because it would be even more unfair to Song Hye Kyo if audience like me keep silent. Song Hye Kyo is too humble to defend or praise herself. She is probably happy that the drama and her co-actor receive such strong reaction and she would not mind having much less attention. Some of you who follow "That Winter the Wind Blows" may remember how Jo In Sung, writer Noh Hee Kyung and Director Kim Kyu Tae spoke out for Song Hye Kyo before and after the drama was aired. I hope Song Joong Ki, the two writers and the director of "Descendants of the Sun" will do the same.

• Like 21

@twtwb I actually felt the same way. :anguished: As much as I love SJK and his chemistry with SHK,  I also felt that SHK deserves credit for her portrayal of KMY in the DOTS.  SJK as YSJ is absolutely awesome but I also think that SHK is playing her role well.  I felt KMY's pain while talking to YSJ when the latter was detained,  I laugh when she was ogling the half-naked soldiers while jogging and got irritated with YSJ for getting in the view, and I felt her confusion and longing after the red wine kiss.  SHK acting made me empathize  with the dilemma of KMY as to her feelings with YSJ.  

That being said, I am happy that DOTS is doing well and hopefully SHK will be given the credit that she deserves.  SongSong couple fighting:heart:

• Like 12

@twtwb  Thank you so much giving credit to SHG.She deserves so much more than just being considered a pretty partner for SJK.I also love this handsome and humble officer, but SHG deserves to be recognized too for adding life to this wonderful drama.I noticed that she was a little reserved in her 1st 2 episodes but going to episode 4&5...I see a lot changes fr. her acting,she is more animated and relaxed.I love her acting fr. the very 1st time I watched her in FH.She is more natural than most who tends to overact.I guess she is too  pretty for her own good.People tend to just stare at her beauty and forget that she is acting.Why does she have to be so pretty even when she is crying or when she gets mad?Aigoo!SHK,I feel sad when you don't  get recognized for your hard work or when you receive unfounded bashing fr. your detractors. I can only pray for you to bec. more successful in all your endeavors  w/c  you so deserve and will cont. to support you.

:heart: SHK!!

• Like 12

Song Hye Gyo deserve a credit for her acting in the drama dots.if the netzen dont recognize her craft in this drama still i dont care cos i know she gave all her best and for me  she is the best actress in the whole world and im so in love with them the story is so great and the drama is doing great! Kyonatics cheer up dont mind the netizen we are full force to support our queen go go go fighting..........:heart:

• Like 12

twtwb, I share your sentiment! I noticed that too, and am glad that you pointed that out!

I thought that I was alone in my little nook trying to figure out what the heck! It struck a nerve, the bad nerve!

Regardless, I always admired KYO for being self-less, always putting others ahead of her, always  acts graciously with the other actors!  Nevertheless, I am proud of everyone's effort in the success of dOts! Bring on epi 6 yaysmiles

• Like 11

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

Those Knetz can't credit SHK properly for her acting..but at least her i-fans know how talented she is. 

Perhaps she'll get to shine more in the later episodes. :)

Yesss i really hope so.. So many times she been treated this way but her hallyu star being more brighten than ever n catch some great director..

So cool off.. Is ok..  Everyone had Time n place.. Just enjoying this drama.. Nevermind of others.. I said in twitter is more balancing now.. Maybe you should go see another medsoc.. N keep on posting if you have one:blush:

• Like 5

Since the kbs world official twitter had release the promo pc .. I wonder what number that kbs world get so far.. 

Hope we can have the accurate source about the rating worldwide.. In twitter onew fans kind of move forward.. I know his shinee world fans is big.. Seems his got the bigger n wider fans if that shinee world still solid....  I like their post never judging on anything just focus n Onew n off course his partner in crime hahaha.. His so adorable.. Shg never had partner in crime before.. His match this so well

• Like 3