Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

No wonder the viewership ratings of this drama skyrocketed from day 1

Surprising and unexpected things were  in Dots , that we  havent seen in Kdrama

The adult and mature love of the pretty doctor and  the soldier , its soo direct and straightforward, this is really something new ,  I rarely see in Kdramaland

Refreshing to see different nationalities  in one drama,  Americans, Arabs, local kids,  and Koreans

English dialogues  is totally surprising, properly executed ,  the accent is there but  not cringing at all

Great cinematography.    The same with TWTWB   that has calendar awesome shots.   

Kyo craning her neck to see the half naked men.  Entertaining.  (sorry cant get over.Lol!)  The writers know how to tickle the womans brain. Haha 

5lCNW77.jpg

photo, credit as tagged  

The drama consistently on top.  No wonder SHK is having tea time somewhere, on relax chill mode.

• Like 14

photo 2016-03-05_zpsjx4tmgx8.png

I melted at this extremely intimate and sexy statement from Captain Yoo.

The thought of his lips tasting the red wine from Dr Kang's soft tender wine-kissed lips.........

It's Song Joong Ki tasting Song Hye Kyo's soft lips in reality. Such an awesomely beautiful couple.

Can we have more kissing scenes please? They should have made the lead couple promise to rain hot kisses if the rating hits 30%! :D

• Like 11

Guest RoseS

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/269949/20160304/descendants-of-the-sun-ost.ht

'Descendants Of The Sun' Soundtrack Tops Various Korean Online Music Charts
By James Buhain | March 04, 2016 10:59 AM EST

One new Korean TV show is getting high ratings on screen and off. 
KBS2 drama Descendants Of The Sun is one of the most popular K-dramas right now, and the soundtrack is too
:D.
As of Monday, Feb. 29, EXO's Chen and female rapper Punch's single titled "Everytime" ranked number two and three on several major online music charts. The lyrics are about two people confessing their love to each another.
The second soundtrack single titled "Always," which is sung by Yoon Mi Rae is also topping on various online music charts.
Recently, Davichi's single titled "This Love" topped on six out of eight local charts as of 1:00 p.m. KST on Thursday, March 3.
"This Love" ranked at the top on charts of Genie, Naver Music, Mnet, Soribada, Bugs and Olleh Music.
Descendants Of The Sun just received a 23.4 percent in nationwide viewership, according to data released by Nielsen Korea. The drama was written by Kim Eun Sook, who was also the screenwriter for hit dramas Secret Garden and The Heirs, Kim Won Seok. Lee Eung Bok and Baek Sang Hoon were the directors.
Descendants Of The Sun airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m. KST on KBS2. The casts are Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Ji Won, and Jin Goo. Also, SHINee's Onew is part of the cast.

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=183569

'Son of the Sun' Song Joong Ki, "wine kiss still public.....excitement explosion"

'Sons of the Sun "Song Joong-gi-Khmer / culture industry company specializing in solar descendants -NEW

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-descendants-of-the-sun-episode-4-92051.html

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Episode 4

2016/03/03 

photo697523.jpg

"Descendants of the Sun" shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. It is only in the second week and it is pulling in ratings of 24.1%. A mixture of the hype, the star power, the whopping budget, and the intensity of the plot and romance is the reason for its success. Writer Kim Eun-sook always likes to keep her viewers on their toes, and this drama proves to be no exception.
Kim Eun-sook is also known for characters who have drastic mood swings and changes in behavior. We really start to see that propensity fulfilled in this fourth episode. Si-jin vacillates between his jokester persona, his honorable soldier identity, and a strange mash of wounded male ego and lovelorn fool. His emotional swings and monologues are a bit heavy-handed for what has been established as his character, but it is Song Joong-ki who evens the mood swings out and makes him believable. I do believe, based on the huge quantities of articles published since the start of this show and my own two eyes, that this man is a major reason for the insanely high ratings. Not only is he handsome, but he embodies an intensity in his expressions and stance that are compelling. Even his English line delivery is convincing, which is very much appreciated since all the other non-native (and native) English speaking actors butcher their lines.

DOTS4DOTS3

It is not only Song Joong-ki who carries this show, but his co-actor Song Hye-gyo. Her Mo-yeon is a prideful sort of woman who professes to have changed into a materialistic, money-seeking person, but who is, in reality, still a caring doctor. It is Song Hye-gyo's ability to layer expressions that makes her convincing or else Mo-yeon, too, would become a victim of Kim Eun-sook's rather erratic character development. Si-jin as a character shows more inconsistency, which I'm hoping will even out.
And then we have Dae-yeong and Myeong-jin. We get more on their back story, which is as sweet as their parting in the present is bitter. Myeong-jin is a feisty woman who is cut out to be a military woman, a tough soldier, one of the guys. She brings out the best in Dae-yeong, who is played masterfully by Jin Goo. Despite his character's poker face, he can pull emotion with the twitch of his mouth or a slickly delivered line. Kim Eun-sook did a great job with his character, making him quietly care for Myeong-jin as well as his"Little Brother" Gi-beom - the rest is Jin Goo's skill. Or how he gives Si-jin his utmost respect no matter the fact that military law pigeonholes Si-jin into a single black and white category, disobedient soldier. And that fosters the much loved K-drama bromance.

DOTS2DOTS1

The music is still cheesy, too loud, and overplayed. The attempt to make waving linens, scarves, and semi-opaque drapings a visual theme is blatantly obvious - and yet effective. Director Lee Eung-bok goes for the obvious at times, but he makes it work. And then he has shots like the one from the helicopter, looking down at the line of saluting soldiers and awe-stricken medical professionals.
Si-jin's and Mo-yeon's relationship is one based on intense physical attraction and deep-rooted respect for each other and their professions. This episode only expanded their views of each other. She recognizes that Si-jin literally puts his life on the line for what he believes is right despite the fact that it terrifies her. He sees that Mo-yeon has not lost what she claims to no longer care for, her brilliant surgical skill, and pushes her to embrace it. They both feel the weight of each other's vocation, especially Si-jin's. All of this is great relationship material, and yet their constant bickering and making up, while entertaining, can become wearisome. Perhaps the trials ahead will force them to reckon with their faults and egos.

All the same, this show is still wickedly entertaining. Waiting another week will indeed be difficult. At least we can watch the first four episodes again.

posterphoto697527.jpg

Orion's trivia:

Navagio and Arachova -In this episode we get a better view of Arachova. For the purposes of the series, two locations have been combined, but Zakynthos (Navagio beach location) and Arachova are actually quite far from one another, one being an island in the West and one a town in mainland Greece.

Name of the Week - Song Joong-ki's name written in Greek would be Σόνγκ Τζούνγκ Κί.

posterphoto697522.jpg

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

How's everyone! Looking forward for every Wednesdays and Thursdays nowadays. Hye Kyo never fails to amaze me. Descendants of the Sun is really a good quality drama. Cant' wait for the next episode. JongKi is also good looking and really looks good in Military uniforms :)

• Like 5

DoTs BTS scene, looks like SHK and SJK had a wonderful time filming and you can see how SJK take care of SHK in this  photo by shielding her face from the sun

6afb0f0cjw1f1lq4v5bomj20vk0l2djm.jpg

looking forward to see more of DoTs upcoming episodes

6afb0f0cjw1f1lq4vjystj20nm0fqq4p.jpg

6afb0f0cjw1f1lq4uwc3tj20nm0fqn09.jpg

wondering what happen in this BTS that they laugh so hard???????

6afb0f0cjw1f1lq4ugpmfj20nm0fqdi4.jpg

• Like 11

Spoiler

Could not wait for Wednesday! I bet all pairs of eyes were anticipating for the BIG KISS to happen. And it did! What was the reaction of Dr. Kang from that stolen kiss from Cap Jin? Will she reciprocate? Slap the bejesus out of the captain? Or just stare at him with with those starry eyes and silently pray "more please, more please...."  embarrassed1Well, my friends, 4 more days and we'll find out! Stay glued! whee

• Like 4

I have been a fan of SHK since Autumn Tale. I admit her flaws and acting skills. But I still love her and support her.

One thing I wish for her is to find her match and get married. She is not young anymore. 

• Like 2

Guest RoseS

Dreaming couple SONG-SONG:wub:

'Descendants of the Sun' Captures Korean, Chinese Viewers

2016/03/05

photo697610.jpg

KBS' new series "Descendants of the Sun" has been an immediate hit with ratings of over 20 percent in just three episodes.

It pairs Song Joong-ki, who chose the soap as his first project after his discharge from mandatory military service last year, with Song Hye-kyo.

And the rating of 23.4 percent garnered by the third episode outstrips even the 19.4 percent record set by the third episode of the most popular series of 2013, SBS' "My Love from the Star".

"Descendants of the Sun" is a love story between a soldier and a doctor dispatched to a fictional war-torn, disaster-stricken country called Uruk.

Song Joong-ki plays the captain of a Special Warfare Command unit, and he is everything a woman could ask for -- playful and mischievous, he also becomes protective and trustworthy in need, not to mention that he has a pretty face and a toned body. 

Song, who plays the surgeon, is lovely as ever and together they make a dream couple.

photo697609.jpg

The series is based on Kim Won-seok-II's "Médecins Sans Frontières", which won a storytelling contest in 2011 hosted by the Korea Creative Content Agency, the Chosun Ilbo, and KBS. 

Kim Eun-sook, the writer behind such hits as "The Heirs", "Secret Garden", and "A Gentleman's Dignity", joined the writers team to breathe life into the series. 

"Descendants of the Sun" is expected to be as popular across Asia as "My Love from the Star". The cast strategically includes a number of popular Korean Wave stars like Onew of K-pop combo SHINee, and Lee Gwang-soo. Yoo Ah-in, another hugely popular actor abroad, will appear towards the end of the series. 

In a departure from the norm, the whole series was finished before it went on air, chiefly to ensure that it could be released in China straight away. The producers signed with a Chinese streaming service provider iQIYI.com, which also streamed "My Love from the Star", selling it for over W200 million per episode (US$1=W1,217). 

After just three episodes, the series has had over 100 million hits on iQIYI.

Guest RoseS

Hi all! I'm a long-time fan of SHK but I think this is only my second time posting in her thread although I've been lurking here for years. :)

Idk if it's appropriate for me to ask this question. If it's not allowed, pls do let me know.

Any Korean speaker here? I really wanna know what Koreans think of her in DotS. After the tax incident, I wonder if it kinda affects her popularity..doesn't change the fact that she's still an A-lister tho. Some people have posted comments from Knetz on DotS thread, but they mostly mentioned about SJK or the other couple. Are there articles about her? 

• Like 4

Guest RoseS
Well said!
[Then real rating will be in higher number......:crazy: But at same POLL system,  DOTS already pass a very popular drama A Man from Another Star , same 3rd eps., DOTS=23.4%/AMFAS=19.4%. :P]
  On 2/29/2016 at 1:59 AM, sunbae0401 said:

They can only monitor the viewers rating in small screens, of South korea and China ,  so what about  international fans in  Vietnam, US, Singapore , HK,  Phils. and other countries  whos watching this drama , in Viki, dramacrazy, tiveee and other website portals out there????  meaning the numbers are higher, not only 14.3 and 15.5 % respectively ..am I right?

---------------------

[SHK's best Korean actress who makes a cute acting!]

@miss_shady_xv  watch on this link 

http://www.tiveee.com/ep/descendants_of_the_sun/?ep=2 

fasten your seatbelt and join the ride, hop in be on board and enjoy 

be amazed with the funny antics, of the pretty Dr. KangMY , shes a kickass and a badass

Guest RoseS

DOTS, eps. 5, Preview  http://linkis.com/amp.twimg.com/v/Whqk9

MARCH 3, 2016, by Jan Omega

‘DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN’ CONTINUES TO DOMINATE THE K-DRAMA COMPETITION WITH OVER 20 PERCENT RATINGS

February has been a great month for Korean dramas. The three major K-dramas that started back in January 

Moorim School, Madame Antoine, and Cheese in the Trap — continued onward with steady ratings. Even the

latter receiving much backlash from fans because of its divergence from its source, the web comic by Soonki,

could not dampen the K-drama success February had overall.

To be frank, the reason why February was such a good month for K-dramas is for two new dramas that 

made their debut that month. The first was Please Come Back, Mister, which marks the return of Jung Ji Hoon (better known

as Rain) to K-dramas. Many fans anticipated Rain’s return because his drama made its debut with double-digit ratings in its

debut for Seoul National Capital Area (TNmS Ratings).

However, it is Descendants of the Sun that really earns the praise of K-drama fans. It made its debut on February 24, 2016
with an average of 13 percent in the Seoul National Capital Area (average of TNmS Ratings and AGB Nielson). The next night,
ratings went up an average of two percent. Apparently, those two episodes set up Descendants of the Sun as it dominated
the competition with its third episode. With nationwide and Seoul National Capital Area for both TNmS Ratings
and AGB Nielson, the K-drama earned over 20 percent viewership ratings.

Yoo Shi Jin, Kang Mo Yeon

Song Joong Ki (center with sunglasses) and Song Hye Kyo (right) play the lead characters, Yoo Shi Jin and Kang Mo Yeon,

respectively in “Descendants of the Sun.” [Image via Screen Capture of “Descendants of the Sun”] For those who do not know

what Descendants of the Sun is about, it is a drama about the love of people who get closer as they learn to be considerate of

each other in desperate times. It is also about the sacrifices made by people who throw themselves into natural disasters.

Captain Yoo Shi Jin (Song Joong Ki) is the team leader of the Special Warfare Command of the United Nations Peacekeeping

Troops. By request of the UN, he is stationed in the war-torn country of Uruk. There he meets Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo),

a volunteer doctor with Doctors Without Borders. As they work alongside each other, they clash and fall in love.

Apparently, viewers love Descendants of the Sun because the ratings provided by both TNS Media Korea and AGB Nielson 

shows the K-drama earned over 20 percent in viewership rating for both the Seoul National Capital Area and nationwide.

Specifically, TNmS was 21.8 percent nationwide and 22.7 percent for Seoul, while AGB was 23.4 percent nationwide

and 24.6 percent for Seoul. All of them ranked second in viewership except for TNmS in Seoul, which ranked first. To put

things into perspective, a fifth of South Korea’s population is 10 million people. Just a little over that number tuned in to watch

the third episode of Descendants of the Sun.

“Yong Pal” was the best K-drama of 2015, in which its highest viewership rating was 22.8 percent for Seoul (AGB). “Descendants of the Sun” beat

that record. [Image via SBS/”Yong Pal” Promotions]

Descendants of the Sun dominating the charts and placing high also dethroned tvN, as reported by Korea Times. The

broadcasting system had shows on top of viewership rating charts for January and February. In fairness, the controversy

surrounding tvN’s K-drama Cheese in the Trap may have hurt the broadcasting system as a whole, ergo hurting their

other shows. But the fact Descendants of the Sun earned a viewership rating that actually beat the best of 2015, 

Yong Pal, means the K-drama is outperforming beyond expectations.

It is good that Descendants of the Sun is doing so well because its network, the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS), was

having trouble for most of 2015. Anyways, for those who are interested in watching Descendants of the Sun, it airs on

Wednesdays and Thursday at 9:55 p.m. KST on KBST. For those who don’t have access to Korean broadcasting, it can be

viewed, which includes past episodes, on Viki.

[Image via Korean Broadcasting System (KBS)/Descendants of the Sun Promotions]

[Rose S: DOTS=23.4%, pass 'A Man From Other Star'=19.4%, at the same 3rd eps.]