Guest Soy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 4, 2014
Girls' Generation's Yoon Ah releases new pictorials
Source: STARN News 20140503155503_536492c6e0b07_1.jpg
Yoon Ah's new pictorials were unleashed.

Recently, new pictorials of Girls' Generation's Yoon Ah are becoming a hot issue.
Yoon Ah, who is continuing her singing and acting career successfully, recently released pictorials for 'Amulette de Cartier' collection.
In the pictorials, Yoon Ah is showing charming looks that are as pulling as a black hole, and her much more mature look is drawing many people's attention.
It is said that Yoon Ah led the entire shooting energetically with her witty personality, and impressed all of the staffs with fabulous poses and facial expressions.
Meanwhile, Yoon Ah's new pictorials can be viewed on May edition of fashion magazine 'Cosmopolitan.'
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• 1 month later...

June 24, 2014
Yoona and Dakota Fanning opened the pictorial… meeting of beauties in East and West
Source: Innolife Korea
10023_1.jpg

The meeting of Girl’s Generation Yoona and Hollywood actress Dakota Fanning got caught. On 23rd the fashioin magazine Cosmopolitan opened the pictorial of Yoona who was invited to ‘Channel 2015 Cruise Collection’. Especially Yoona met the Hollywood star Dakota Fanning at the event. At the day of event Yoona wore the white mini dress of Channel 2014 spring collection, showing pure charm. Cosmopolitan said, “Yoona wore various clothes, from dress to punky look. Especially Yoona chose white mini dress at the last day, and it suits to pure image of Yoona. [Photo=Cosmopolitan]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

SNSD′s Yoona Considering Lead Role of Korean ′Nodame Cantabile′
Girls′ Generation (SNSD) member Yoona is considering the lead role of the Korean Nodame Cantabile.
37511114.jpg

A source familiar with Nodame Cantabile productions said on July 7 that "it is true an offer was sent to Yoona."
The source added, "They held many meetings and talked about the affair. Yoona and the production company are both considering it."
KBS′ remake of Nodame Cantabile is based on a popular Japanese manga. The Japanese drama version aired in 2006.
Joo Won is currently confirmed as the male lead, as well as actor Baek Yoon Sik and Tiny G member Do Hee.
The drama will air in October.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/70121/yoona-considering-an-appearance-as-lead-of-nodame-cantabile
Here is the drama thread for Nodame Cantabile. :D 

I honestly cant wait for the confirmation on whether she will be nodame or not.
I dont think it is right to compare between the japanese version and korean version especially since the remake will be based on the manga. How Yoona and the scriptwriter interpret the character may be different to the japanese one.
All the other actresses listed in that poll, all had acted as quirky 4D characters so its not a fair comparison, unless she had acted as one.

Nonetheless, she may completely excel as Nodame or be just average. The main point is she will work hard and give it her all. The success of the drama does not only depend on the lead actress, but also on director, scriptwriter, chemistry with lead actor, time slot and script. Plus for remakes its better to not have any high expectations, cause if you expect it to be exactly the same as the previous version - you are definitely bound to be disappointed.

Guest im_nyuna

I wish this Yoona thread would become more alive, since I know there is a considerable amount of YAs on Soompi :( But as for the Nodame Cantabile casting, I don't feel scared for her, because I know that there is a huge gap between Nam Da Jung's character and that of Nodame. The gap, to me, is Yoona's opportunity to prove herself as an actress, and whether she can do it or not, it doesn't matter YET. The girl is only 24 years old, and she has plenty of time to get better. I really like the complexity of this role because it helps Yoona to delve deep into character, thus becoming a stronger actress. 
I do hope that low ratings won't discourage SM from letting Yoona act more though... I thought Love Rain and PM&I were great dramas, but apparently that doesn't show in the ratings. Also, people need to stop blaming Yoona for flop ratings.

I heard she went against sm? Shes really determined to prove herself as an actress and the criticism given before viewing her work is unfair. I hope if she really is confirmed for this she'll work hard, succeed and prove everybody wrong.

@KihoL‌ yea Nodame is like double triple da jung is at least based on the jdorama version. I still believe she can do it and I agree with you that this exprience will help her grow stronger.

This will be the first romcom with a peer oppa. Most of her work had a huge age gap between her and male lead also an age gap between her and her character or personal experience, love rain was a melodrama.

Now that she has experienced love herself, age of her character and male lead means that she will be able to interpret character and relate better. Its easier to feel and protray them I think.

The only concern is the effect of the negativity even before anything may have on her performance.

@yana101‌ dunno about that cause its not from credible source, so I am not gonna quote that or confirm.

But if it is, I like the potential fact that the girls have more say or control over the decisions and I hope it was thought through carefully.

@-quiescent‌ it will be nice if all her thread anywhere is active. I'd like to try to keep this one active too cause not everyone on soompi is also on soshified or OH and vice versa.

Cant wait for the announcement on 15 july. There is possibility of delay in the announcement too due to the response from the public but i hope they get it over and done with so we can all move on.

Guest Shycutie

Post your opinions in nodame thread. (Cr.sweetu) http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2023062/upcoming-drama-2014-nodame-cantabile-the-final-movement

July 14, 2014
Yoona declines ‘Nodame Cantabile‘ for Korea-China rom-com
Source: The Korea Herald
20140714001080_0.jpg
Yoona of popular idol group Girls’ Generation ultimately declined to play the female lead role in the drama “Nodame Cantabile,” a remake of a Japanese drama.
The idol instead chose to play the lead in a Korean-Chinese romantic comedy named “Good-bye, Ani,” making her first big-screen debut.
In the movie, Yoona is to play a loving and cheerful girl named Ani. The male lead has not yet been decided, but many popular Chinese actors, including Peng Yuyan, have been mentioned for the part.
The movie production will begin within the second half of this year.
By Kim Min-jin, Intern reporter (minjin103@heraldcorp.com)
[Photo Credit: OSEN]

July 14, 2014
SNSD’s Yoona Turns Down Casting Offer for Lead of ‘Nodame Cantabile’
Newsen Kim Hyung Woo  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Girls’ Generation (SNSD)’s Yoona decided to turn down the lead role for Nodame Cantabile.
SM Entertainment told Newsen on July 14, “We received numerous casting offers and after thorough consideration we decided to turn down the offer.”
Instead, Yoona has recently confirmed to act as the lead of Korea-Chinese collaboration film Goodbye Ani.70710002.jpg
Yoona has been discussed as the strongest candidate for the lead role of ‘Nodame’ in KBS 2TV’s Nodame Cantabile (tentative) scheduled to air in October. Juri Ueno took the role of ‘Nodame’ in the original Japanese drama, receiving a lot of love. 

‘Nodame’ is a student majoring in Piano who has a 4 dimensional personality. As Yoona has decided not to take the role, attention has reverted to who will be acting as ′Nodame′ in the Korean version of the drama. 
Photo credit: Newsen 

July 15, 2014
Yoo-na declines lead in manga drama
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily14203250.jpg
Singer-actress Yoo-na from leading K-pop group Girls’ Generation turned down the female lead role in the Korean adaptation of the famous Japanese manga series “Nodame Cantabile,” according to an exclusive report yesterday by local online news outlet Star News. 
Instead, the 24-year-old actress has confirmed that she will appear in the Chinese-Korean rom-com “Goodbye Ani” (working title). Industry insiders said yesterday that Yoo-na declined the offer to play Noda, the drama’s female lead. Its production company is Group8. 
With the strongest candidate to play Noda turning down the offer, Korean actress Shim Eun-kyung is once again being considered for the role. She also declined the offer earlier this month. 
“Nothing has changed since the first talks for ‘Nodame Cantabile’ were initiated,” said Shim’s agency BH Entertainment. “Shim’s schedule may have changed, but still, it will be hard for her to appear in the film.” 
“Nodame Cantabile” is a classical music-inspired drama based on the Japanese manga of the same name by Tomoko Ninomiya. It was also made into a drama in Japan and featured popular actors Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi in its lead roles. The drama became an instant hit and was later adapted into an animation, computer games and more. 

class="title_sec" style="line-height: 34px;"Yoona declines ‘Nodame Cantabile‘ for Korea-China rom-com http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140714000799

Yoona of popular idol group Girls’ Generation ultimately declined to play the female lead role in the drama “Nodame Cantabile,” a remake of a Japanese drama.

The idol instead chose to play the lead in a Korean-Chinese romantic comedy named “Good-bye, Ani,” making her first big-screen debut.

In the movie, Yoona is to play a loving and cheerful girl named Ani. The male lead has not yet been decided, but many popular Chinese actors, including Peng Yuyan, have been mentioned for the part.

The movie production will begin within the second half of this year.

By Kim Min-jin, Intern reporter (minjin103@heraldcorp.com)

Yoona will not be in Nodame, but she will be in Goodbye, Ani movie which is inspired by The two faces of my korean girlfriend.
She will be debuting as a movie actress.

July 15, 2014
Girls' Generation's Yoon Ah to make her 1st screen debut through a Korea-China collaboration film
Source: STARN News 20140714150008_53c371e8b5ea2_1.jpg
Girls' Generation's Yoon Ah is going to make her 1st screen debut through a Korea-China collaboration film.
On July 14th, a representative of SM Entertainment said, "Yoon Ah is going to make her 1st screen debut through a Korea-China collaboration film called 'Zai Jian Ani.'"
Regarding her casting in Korean version of drama 'Nodame Cantabile,' the representative said, "Yoon Ah was considering a few other works, and she decided to pass 'Nodame Cantabile.'"
Yoon Ah is going to cast in 'Zai Jian Ani' as a girl named Ani, and it is said that she will show her 'trademark' lovely personality again.
At the moment, famous Taiwanese actor Eddie Peng is getting talked about as Yoon Ah's partner, and many fans are showing huge anticipation for the meet-up of Korea and Taiwan's top stars.
Meanwhile, the first shooting for 'Zai Jian Ani' will take place during the later part of the year.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

Innisfree Selects YoonA As Its Global Muse

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=12274

pac5dei9tfpswycswjawcnri3zgyen7u.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] Girls’ Generation’s YoonA has been picked as Innifree’s global muse.
Eco-friendly cosmetic brand Innisfree announced that YoonA has been picked as its global muse. Since 6 years ago, YoonA has been modelling for the brand in Korea only. Thanks to her pure image, YoonA brought out great synergy effect while modelling for Innisfree. As a result, the brand picked this member of Girls’ Generation again as global muse.
Innisfree is currently planning to expand the business in Asian countries. And according to a global survey, YoonA was ranked on top place as she is wannabe beauty icon in many countries.
“From many Asian countries, our customers requested a meeting with YoonA. We hope she could spread K-beauty and Innisfree’s idea all around Asia,” said the marketing director at Innisfree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

YoonA Thanks Bae Jong Ok for Teaching Her a Lot While Acting Together

B0VidzMCYAAfrGE.png

On this week’s broadcast of SBS’ variety program “Roommate,” which aired on October 19, YoonA of Girls’ Generation made a visit to the cast members’ home to join their housewarming gathering and to show support for fellow group member Sunny.
During the episode, YoonA expressed her thankful heart toward actress Bae Jong Ok for teaching her a lot during the time they worked together in the MBC drama “Park Jung Geum, Heavenly Beauty,” in which YoonA made a cameo.
While Bae Jong Ok was in the kitchen cooking a meal for the guests, YoonA approached her, starting a conversation by saying, “I couldn’t just sit while you’re working hard to cook…and we only greeted each other shortly. Have you been well?”
As the two continued to exchange words, YoonA recalled the time when she acted alongside Bae Jong Ok and shared, “You really taught me a lot at the time. Thank you.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/19/yoona-thanks-bae-jong-ok-for-teaching-her-a-lot-while-acting-together/

Archived