Im Yoon A (임윤아)

Guest Soy

November 20, 2014

SNSD Yoona Shows Off Her Beauty In A Pictorial

Source: BNTNews

g6zs3whgzeqopyfbiwjnr41pms7a5blb.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Yoona of Girl’s Generation proved her beauty while shooting a pictorial with fashion magazine InStyle. In her pictorial, she perfectly digested winter styling with pastel color coats. 

A manager of InStyle said that Yoona completed the pictorial with her perfect figure, mature face and deep eyes. In addition, the photographer said, “I saw a drama of a mature lady in her eyes” and complimented her. 

During the interview, Yoona talked about her free time after the album ‘Mr. Mr.’ and she also mentioned that she wanted to go on a trip like other people of her age. In addition she said, “I want to play a role in movie ‘Pretty Woman’. Although a few decades were passed, it is still remembered as a masterpiece” and revealed her passion and goal as a singer and actress. 

Meanwhile, Yoona’s lovely pictorial and interview will be available on InStyle. (photo by InStyle)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 20, 2014

SNSD's Yoona shows peerless beauty

By Yoon Ji-soo (thankque@heraldcorp.com) KPOPHERALD

K-pop girl group Girls’ Generation’s Yoona showed off her peerless beauty in a recent pictorial for the fashion magazine InStyle.
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20141120
In the photo shoot, the singer-actress posed alluringly and elegantly in charming pastel-color winter coats. 
Her glam eyes drew special praise from the staff on the set.
“Now I can feel a woman’s life story from her deep gaze,” a photographer who took her pictures was quoted as saying.

• 1 month later...

happy-new-year-2.gif
January 3, 2015

Yoona donates over $90,000

By Sung So-young INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Yoona of K-pop group Girls’ Generation has become a member of the Honor Society. 

The club, created by charitable organization Community Chest of Korea, is for individual donors who have donated more than 100 million won ($90,000). 

According to the charitable organization, Yoona has been giving money to help underprivileged people since 2010. 

“I decided to join this club this year in hopes of promoting a sharing culture,” she said. 

“I want to give a helping hand to people who are marginalized.” 

Many celebrities such as actress Su Ae and actor Kim Bo-sung are members of the club. Yoona was recently cast in a Chinese period drama tentatively titled “God of War Zhao Yun.” 

The 25-year-old singer and actor will take the role of the lead female character who falls in love with Zhao Yun, played by Chinese actor Lin Gengxin.

• 3 months later...
Guest kyung-jin

The Top 10 Korean actresses of 2015, according to DramaFever fans

by Vivi on Thu, Apr 23, 2015

Each year, TV Report releases power rankings of Korean actresses based on a poll of top PDs and producers in the industry as they choose who they most want to see headlining dramas. If you disagreed with the 2015 list of actresses, why not see what actual drama fans have to say? We already saw the list of actors, but here are the top 10 Korean actresses based on the number of fans they have on DramaFever:

Note: These rankings are purely based on fan numbers. Don't like the results? Become a fan of your favorite actresses to change next year's list!

10. Im Yoon Ah

Number of fans: 10,027

Recent series: Prime Minister and I

yoona_VrsZcrZ.jpg

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-top-10-korean-actresses-of-2015-according-to-dramafever-fans/

• 6 months later...

Why is this thread so dead? WE NEED TO MAKE THIS ACTIVE FOR ACTRESS IM! She has a major chinese drama set to air in a couple of months.

I would like to fix up the first post :/

November 16, 2015

Yoo Hae-jin, Yoona, Hyun Bin to star in action movie

Source: The Korea Times

Untitled-1_650(2).jpg
/Korea Times file

Actor Yoo Hae-jin and Yoona of K-pop band Girls' Generation will star in an action movie temporarily titled "Cooperation," Star News reported Monday.

The film is about secret cooperative investigation between North and South Korea. Actor Hyun Bin will play a North Korean investigator, and Yoo will play the South Korean investigator.

Yoona will play Yoo's sister-in-law.

The JK Film production has a 10 billion won ($8,520,000) budget.

JK Film produced "Ode to My Father," which attracted 14 million viewers in Korea last year.

ejb@koreatimes.co.kr,

November 17, 2015

Yoona, Yoo Hae-jin cast in big-budget film

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

17070601.jpg

Yoona of Girls’ Generation (pictured) and actor Yoo Hae-jin of the popular reality TV show “Three Meals a Day” have landed roles in the upcoming film titled “Gongjo,” which means “cooperation” in Korean. 

The film already cast Hyun Bin of the drama series “Hyde, Jekyll, Me.” 

In the film, which centers on the first cooperative investigation between South and North Korea, Yoo will play the role of a South Korean detective, while Hyun will play a detective from the North. 

Yoona will portray a sister of the South Korean detective’s wife. 

The last film the singer-actor did was “Goodbye Ani” in 2014. 

Yoo, one of the most prolific actors in the country, recently appeared in “Veteran” and “Fatal Intuition.” 

“Gongjo” will be produced by Yoon Je-kyoon, who took the helm of the 2014 hit film “Ode to My Father,” which attracted 14 million moviegoers. 

The film reportedly has a 10 billion won budget. 

By Sung So-young

• 10 months later...

September 21, 2016

Siwan and Yoona confirmed for new drama

Yoona (Left) (Marie Claire), Siwan (Holl Haus)

Girls’ Generation member Yoona and ZE:A member Siwan have been confirmed in major roles in MBC’s new period drama “The King Loves.” 

According to NewsN, a representative at S.M. Entertainment disclosed that Yoona will star in the upcoming drama. Likewise, Star Empire Entertainment has also revealed that Siwan will take a lead role.

Siwan will reportedly be playing the role of the wise king, Wang Won, from the Goryeo Kingdom and Yoona will be playing the role of Wang San, woman famous for her alluring beauty. 

“The King Loves” is expected to begin filming in November after Yoona’s current drama “The K2” ends and will air in early 2017.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

September 22, 2016

Yoona and Siwan to star in ‘King’

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

21213420.jpg

Singers-turned-actors Siwan of ZE:A and Yoona of Girls’ Generation have been cast in the lead roles of MBC’s new romantic period drama, “A King Loves.”

An official from the production crew confirmed the casting choices and said filming will start as early as November. “The two of them are both currently busy completing other projects. They will join the production as soon as they are available,” the official said.

The drama is described as a historical romance tale that takes place during the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392) with themes of betrayal and revenge. It is based off of a novel written by author Kim I-ryeong. 

The show will also mark the ZE:A member’s return to TV after his appearance in tvN drama “Misaeng” in 2014. He recently completed filming for the 2016 crime film “One Line,” and jumped into his next role for the upcoming movie “Robber” (working title).

Yoona is no stranger to the historical genre as she recently completed her role as the female lead in the Chinese period drama “God of War: Zhao Zi Long” (2016). She is currently wrapping up filming the tvN action drama “The K2.” The first episode airs on Friday.

By Chung Jin-hong

• 2 months later...

December 1, 2016

How Yoona overcame her fear of acting

(1stLOOK)

Travel and lifestyle magazine 1stLOOK released on Wednesday a recent photo shoot with Yoona from Girls’ Generation.

Yoona can be seen sporting a number of pieces from British luxury jewelry brand Monica Vinader’s latest collection.

The idol-actress is draped in various silk slip-on dresses which bring out her modern and feminine charm.

In the interview that followed, Yoona spoke about her development from an idol to an actress. She said, “Through my Go An-na character in ‘The K2,’ I was able to let go of the fear and the pressure of acting and attempting new challenges.” 

Yoona will also star in the period drama “The King Loves” alongside Im Si-wan and “Cooperation” alongside Hyunbin and Yoo Hae-jin.

(1stLOOK)

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

• 7 months later...

July 3, 2017

‘King Loves’ Im Yoona, “(Im) Siwan Oppa is manly and (Hong) Jong Hyun Oppa is Thoughtful”

Source: BNTNews

2sns137bqt18h4kz9vnvpmzmg1exe3g6.jpg

[by Im Hyun Joo, photo by Reporter Kim Chi Yoon] Im Yoona discloses her impressions about filming.

On the afternoon of July 3rd at Seoul Mapo-gu Sang-am MBC, MBC Monday-Tuesday drama ‘King Loves’ (Script Song Jina, Director Kim Sang Hyup) held a production press conference. PD Kim Sang Hyup, Im Siwan, Im Yoona, Hong Jong Hyun and Oh Min Suk came on site.

In the drama, Im Yoona will be playing the role of Eun San who receives the love of Im Siwan and Hong Jong Hyun.

When asked how she felt working together with the two men, she replied “(Im)Siwan oppa is truly like Won and (Hong)Jong Hyun oppa is like Rin. (Im) Siwan oppa’s soft image is strong but in reality when he acts, just like Won, his charisma is of a strong and masculine personality. On the other hand, I thought (Hong)Jong Hyun oppa had a strong image but he has a lot of considerate sides and mischievous sides. In reality, he took care of me well and adoringly so I had fun filming.”

‘King Loves’ is an esthetic melo-fiction saguk drama about the love and desires between the three characters set in the Goryeo Dynasyy.

Meanwhile, MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama ‘King Loves’ will have its first broadcast on the 17th at 10pm. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

October 10, 2017

Singer-actress Im Yoon-ah to co-host BIFF opening

SEOUL, Oct. 10 (Yonhap) -- Singer and actress Im Yoon-ah, better known as Yoona from Girls' Generation, will replace actress Kim Ha-neul as a co-host of the opening ceremony for this year's Busan International Film Festival (BIFF), organizers said Tuesday.

The BIFF organizers said that Kim recently gave notice that she cannot attend the event because of her recent pregnancy. Kim's agency says the decision followed her doctor's advice not to stand for a long time.

With the change, Im will co-host the opening ceremony with actor Jang Dong-gun on Thursday.

Im recently finished MBC TV's period series "The King in Love," which depicts a love triangle set in the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392), and appeared in the local comedy-action film "Confidential Assignment."

The 22nd BIFF will run from Oct. 12-21 in the southern port city of Busan with a lineup of 298 films from 75 countries around the world, one fewer than last year's 299.

This file photo shows singer and actress Im Yoon-ah.

This file photo shows singer and actress Im Yoon-ah.

sshim@yna.co.kr

October 12, 2017

Yoona and Jang Donggeun Attend BIFF Together

Source: BNTNews

xurvid0r1ktxgb02f2fljuh6c7t0bofy.jpg

[photos by Kim Chiyoon] The 22nd edition of the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) started on October 12 on Haeundae, in Busan. 

The red carpet was filled with top stars, especially local icons. Actress and singer Im Yoona attended the event in a beautiful lace and embroidery mermaid dress, at the arm of actor Jang Donggeun who was wearing a shiny blue velvet jacket. 

The 22nd edition of the BIFF will end on October 21. The opening act is Glass Garden and the closing act will be Love Education. In-between, around 300 movies and films to be shown among which 99 will have their official world premiere as well as 31 movies that will be shown out of their producing countries for the first time.

October 17, 2017

After 10 Years, Yoon-a Says She's Still Learning About Acting

Source: The ChosunIlbo

This year has been a special one for Yoon-a, as it marks the 10th anniversary of her debut in showbiz as a member of Girls' Generation and as an actress. Over the past decade, she has made successful careers in both fields given that it's extremely hard to make a name in just one area of showbiz.

Having recently finished a long period series, "The King in Love," she finds herself wanting to grow more as an actress.

"It was a long project, and my character experienced a wide range of emotions. I received a lot of encouraging feedback. I think it sustained me and motivated me to become a better actor," she said.

2017101700612_0.jpg

"My main consideration when it comes to choosing a project is whether I think I can do it well," Yoon-a said. "I've had many offers to do a romantic comedy, but I haven't found a character that would suit me at my age. I'd love to do one of course, if I find a suitable character that's a good fit for me."

When it comes to acting, Yoon-a says, she feels hungry for more roles and experiences.

"I actually made my debut in acting a month before I debuted with Girls' Generation. But I haven't built up a filmography extensive enough for those years. I still have so much to learn about acting." She said. "I want to be an actress with a unique quality, so that people someday will recognize me for my irreplaceable strengths." 

Published on October 18, 2017 by ARIRANG K-POP

[Showbiz Korea] Busan International Film Festival (BIFF 부산국제영화제)

BIFF Opening Ceremony & Red Carpet
The Busan International Film Festival, also known as BIFF is in its 22nd year this year, and it began with a lot of flare and fanfare! It is a renowned film festival in Asia so many Korean and foreign stars were in attendance. Countless number of fans and journalists were at the opening ceremony and Showbiz Korea was also there to get the scoop. We'll take you to BIFF right now!

• 4 months later...

Source: Pierce Conran

March 19, 2018

Four Koreans take home Asian Film Awards

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

18194007.jpg

Four Korean cineastes, including Yoona of Girls’ Generation and director-actor Yang Ik-June, took home trophies at the 12th Asian Film Awards (AFA). 

At the event Sunday in Macau, singer-turned-actor Yoona received the Next Generation Award for her role in the action flick “Confidential Assignment,” where she played a minor character with a huge crush on a handsome detective (Hyun Bin) from North Korea. 

“I’m so grateful for this unexpected award. From now on, I hope to show my growth [as an actor],” she said in her acceptance speech. The actor also expressed her heartfelt gratitude in Chinese, promising to put more effort into her career and hoping for AFA to develop further to cement itself as a prestigious film event. Yoona was nominated for Best Newcomer for the same movie, but lost to a Thai model-actress Chutimon Chuengcharoensukying of “Bad Genius.”

Also recognized at AFA was actor-director Yang Ik-june, who was honored with Best Supporting Actor award for his role in Japanese filmmaker Yoshiyuki Kishi’s action movie “Wilderness: Part One.” He played a character in a permanent state of uncertainty with a speech impediment and extreme shyness. 

Among the technical awards, best cinematography went to Kim Ji-yong, who was behind the period drama “The Fortress,” while the best editing went to Shin Min-kyung of the political drama “The King.”

AFA is an annual film event presented by the Asian Film Awards Academy to recognize the achievements and talents of cineastes in film industries across Asia. 

By Jin Min-ji

Archived