Im Yoon A (임윤아)

Guest Soy

Guest Shycutie

I only saw this thread now. O.O I guess this is already dead.
I think it's because of her name here. People are used to call her yoona. not Yoon A.
try to search the word yoona and this thread won't appear.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October 21, 2013
SNSD’s Yoona Confirms New Drama with Lee Bum Soo
CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa   Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong
Girls’ Generation’s Yoona is coming back to the small screen with talented actor, Lee Bum Soo, in KBS’ new drama, Prime Minister and I (tentative title).
Dramatic Tok, in charge of the promotion for Prime Minister and I, announced, “Lee Bum Soo and Yoona have been cast in KBS’ upcoming Monday and Tuesday drama, Prime Minister and I,” and “Filming will start at the end of October.”

SM Entertainment staff talked with enews on October 21 also confirming the news, saying, “Yoona will be the main lead of Prime Minister and I. She will be playing a 28-year old reporter with a charming personality unlike any other.”
Prime Minister and I is a love story between a country’s prime minister and a young female reporter. Lee Bum Soo will be acting the role of the prime minister. 
“With the meeting of Korea’s best actor and best acting-dol, Prime Minister and I is already gaining anticipation for their chemistry and strong acting,” said the production staff. “Please look forward to the miraculous love story between Lee Bum Soo and Yoona coming this winter. It’ll be a warm, fairy tale-like romantic comedy for the family to enjoy.”
Prime Minister and I will begin in December after Marry Him If You Dare. 
Photo Credit: enews DB 

October 21, 2013
Controversial Casting: "The Prime Minister And I"
by Joan MacDonald KDramaStars.com

The casting is now set for the KBS romantic comedy "Prime Minister and I" but due to the age difference between its stars, the choice of actors continues to provoke comments.
In the drama, Lee Bum So, 43, will play the love interest for Girls Generation's Yoona, 23, and some netizens have commented it's too big an age difference for the chemistry to work.
The story is an update of the film "The Sound of Music." In that film Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer were supposed to be 15 to 20 years apart but in real life they were close in age. In "The Prime Minister and I," the characters are meant to be about 15 years apart.
With netizens making statements about the age gap, KBS decided to issue a statement."Even though they have a twenty-year age gap, we're expecting a different sort of chemistry," said a KBS representative.
Lee Bum Soo plays a prime minister who needs a housekeeper and Yoona plays a young woman who needs a job. When she shows up at his home the house is a mess and the kids require mothering. Since she has a background in music, she teaches them how to sing. If it's really a "Sound of Music" remake, then it makes sense that the producers would cast an actress who can both act and sing. Although Yoona is best known for being a member of the girl group "Girls Generation," she has appeared in the dramas "Love Rain," "You Are My Destiny" and "Cinderella Man."
In this role, her agency says her acting is going to make an even better impression.
"Yoona's acting transformation will be something to look forward to," said a KBS representativeAs the young housekeeper Yoona's enthusiasm will first win over the children's affections and then charm the heart of the prime minister.
Lee Bum Soo stars in the film "God's Trick," and is known for his work in the dramas "Iris 2," "Dr. Jin," "History of a Salaryman" and "Giant."
Filming begins at the end of October. It will air after "Future's Choice." The drama is produced by  a subsidiary of Yoona's agency, SM C&C. Yoon Eun Jyung, who wrote "Take Care of the Young Lady" and Kim Eun Hee, who wrote "Phantom" have co-written the screenplay.
Other than the age controversy, the comedy sounds like a good contender for holiday season entertainment. What do you think about the age difference? Let us know.

October 24, 2013
Lee Beom-soo and Yoon A To Co-Star in New KBS Drama ‘Premier and I’
Source: KBS Global
imageYoon A of Girls’ Generation, actor Lee  Beom-soo and Yoon Si-yoon are playing the leading roles in KBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Premier and I”.According to KBS on Oct.23, “Premier and I”, which is to start airing next month, depicts a love story in which a new mom joins the family of the premier who are perfect at work, but less than perfect at childcare.   Lee Beom-soo will play the premier character while Yoon A plays the young mom who comes to the premier’s house. Yoon Si-yoon will play an elite secretary to the premier. Viewers are anxious to see Lee Beom-soo, 43, and Yoon A, 23, overcome their age gap and perform well in the upcoming romance drama.   ‘Premier and I” will begin airing following the end of “Marry Him if You Dare” on Mondays and Tuedays on KBS.

November 5, 2013
‘Prime Minister and I’ Kicks Off with First Script Reading
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong l Nate ++

With a cast full of talented folks, KBS’ upcoming drama, Prime Minister and I began its production process with its first script reading.

On October 22, Girls’ Generation Yoona, Lee Bum Soo, Yoon Shi Yoon, Choi Jung Ahn, Ryu Jin, Lee Hwan Whi, Yoon Hye Young, Lee Young Bum, Choi Duk Moon, and other staff joined together at the KBS Star Hall for the first script reading. 
The script reading took over three hours with the concentration level on high throughout the entire session.
“There are difficult areas when you start filming, but every time that happens, I get through it by thinking that this is a fight with myself,” said Lee Bum Soo, who acts as the prime minister, Kwon Yool. “I’ll do my best to become someone who everyone wants to act with.”
Yoona also said, “I’m lacking in many areas, but I’ll do my best to learn from all the sunbaenims, so please look forward to it.”
The drama will begin on December 9, following the conclusion of Marry Him If You Dare.
Photo Credit: KBS

November 21, 2013
Im Yoona comments on her co-star Lee Beom Soo in Prime Minister and I “Lee is really charming and has a good sense of humor”
by topnet10 KoreanDrama.com

Yoona, a member of South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation gave her impressions of playing as the female lead in Prime Minister and I.
In the upcoming KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama Prime Minister and I (Written by Kim Eun Hee, Yoon Eun Kyung, Directed by Lee So Yeon) premiering on December 19 following Marry Him If You Dare going off the air, Im Yoona will star as Nam Da Jung who is not smart in all things but quite bright.
“The new TV series will be aired in weeks. I am so excited and can’t wait its beginning. The big role is a weight on my mind somewhat, but I try to enjoy acting with amusement. I wish I dream of the drama hit the jackpot before its airing,” said the young singer and actress in a recent interview.
“Nam Da Jung is really wild-eyed and funny sometimes compared to my previous roles. She has many points of likeness to me in reality. I’d like to act naturally for the role as usual,” added the female lead.The heroin is the reporter full of enthusiasm at work and the Prime Minister’s wife at the same time. “I chose dark colored clothes to allow the career woman to stay active and easy, on the other hand, two-piece suit or coat with wavy long hair for the politician’s wife,” said the young lady.
Yoona is going to show comic romance of little twist with her co-star Lee Beom Soo who is older than her 20 years. “Lee looks very serious, but he is really charming and has a good sense of humor. He treats me with kindness all the time. He is always cracking jokes and trying to break the ice first. I feel really comfortable with him in spite of his age,” said the heroin thanking him.
When the trailer of Prime Minister and I was released, surprisingly well-matched couple drew keen attention. She said, “The twenty-year age gap does not matter and I heard that we are made for each other. Some people are worry about the couple whose age difference is very noticeable, however, the viewers will understand once they start to watch the drama.
The pretty actress said with smile, “Please expect to see funny and pleasant soap opera and spread around a good rumor about it. It will be the drama for your warm winter. I hope you are happy and laugh a lot with the television series.
Prime Minister and I, a story about Prime Minister Kwon Yool who raise his three children alone and the enthusiastic reporter and step mother of three kids having empty gap deep in the heart toward their mother, will be aired on KBS2 from December 9 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.

December 2, 2013
Lee Bum Soo and YoonA’s “Prime Minister and I” Poster Gives Sneak Peak to the Future
I.said.hi soompi.com

Lee Bum Soo and YoonA’s “Prime Minister and I” Poster Gives Sneak Peak to the FutureWell, no need to be frustrated in waiting for whatever may happen in the future because KBS2TV’s new drama “Prime Minister and I” seems to share of the main couple’s happy ending through the drama’s poster.
The newly released poster of “Prime Minister and I” shows a contrasting image of Lee Bum Soo and Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA.  In the top section of the poster, the negative vibe between Kwon Yul (Lee Bum Soo) and Nam Da Jung (YoonA) sharply differ from the couple’s loving pose in the bottom section of the drama’s poster.
Thus, fans might have no need to contemplate and become frustrated in guessing how the main couple will end up because “Prime Minister and I” seems to spoil the audience from the beginning by hinting that Kwon Yul and Nam Da Jung will end up married and happily ever after. As a romantic-comedy, the drama looks high on the happiness gauge.
“Prime Minister and I” follows the love story between Prime Minister Kwon Yul, who struggles to raise his children as a single father, and clumsy scandal reporter, Nam Da Jung, who endures hardship to support her family.
Get ready to watch a romance drama like no other as “Prime Minister and I” will broadcast its episode on December 9. The KBS2TV drama will air every Mondays and Tuesdays at 10PM (KST).

December 4, 2013
Korea’s sweetheart goes for the big laughGirls’ Generation singer Yoona to play journalist in new rom-com drama
By Jean Oh The Korea Herald
imageStars of KBS “Premier and I” (working title) Yoona (left) and Lee Bum-soo attend the drama’s press conference at the Grand Ambassador Seoul on Wednesday. (Lee Sang-sub/The Korea Herald)Girls’ Generation member Yoona looks dead-set on channeling her inner Stooge with her latest television series, KBS’ “Premier and I” (working title). 
In the upcoming rom-com, which is slated to start airing next week, Yoona plays Nam Da-jeong, a gossip rag journalist who ends up posing as the prime minister’s girlfriend. 
The premise is straight-up fiction, a plot that gives the 23-year old K-pop idol plenty of room to exercise her funny bone. 
Judging from the teaser that ran at the drama’s press conference in Seoul on Wednesday, Yoona seems to have a natural flair for comedy, rolling out the gags and going for pure unabashed slapstick as her heroine fumbles in her newfound second gig as the prime minister’s gal. 
“At first glance, she looks smart, but once you get to know her you realize she is pretty clumsy,” Yoona revealed of her heroine at the press event. 
Yoona went on to confess that this is probably the silliest and most comedic role she has played to date.
“She is by far the most clutzy heroine I have portrayed,” she said, before admitting that she actually sees many similarities between herself and the drama’s heroine. 
“So I feel comfortable portraying her,” she added. 
“This character possesses a lot of Yoona-like qualities, especially when compared to previous characters I have played,” she elaborated. 
Fans may be hoping that her turn as Nam Da-jeong in the “Premier and I” will fare better ratings-wise than her last two series, where she starred opposite Hallyu stars Jang Keun-suk and Kwon Sang-woo in “Loverain” and “Cinderella Man,” respectively. 
This time around, Yoona will be teaming up with veteran actor Lee Bum-soo, who will be playing Kwon Yool, the drama’s prime minister. 
Lee has already proven his mettle for comedy in a slew of movies and television series like “My Wife is a Gangster III.” 
In short, he is more than well-equipped to play the serious and grave Hardy to Yoona’s accident-prone Laurel. 
At the press event, Lee fielded a question regarding the 20-year age gap between him and his co-star and of how he feels playing her love interest. 
“She is very cute and a great co-star,” Lee, 43, said. “As for the kiss scenes, that is acting and we haven’t had one yet.”
Lee then turned to Yoona and said, in half jest, “We haven’t touched lips yet, right?”
To which Yoona nodded and replied, “No.” 
Lee then praised his co-star, calling her “energetic, bright and well-mannered,” and a “colleague” that he could trust. 
While Lee will be playing the main love interest to Yoona’s heroine, “Bread, Love and Dreams” star Yoon Si-yoon will be joining in on the fun as an elite government officer who also finds himself falling for Nam Da-jeong. 
“He is Nam Da-jeong’s guardian angel,” the 27-year old actor said. 
“Premier and I” starts airing Jan. 9 Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on KBS 2 TV. 

Source: KBS Global1848_4937_l.jpg

The female reporter dedicated to covering secret romance of celebrities, now becomes the center of a celebrity romance!  She works for a tabloid that gets little respect.But she is a gifted writer who won numerous awards before landing this job.And she is proud to be a reporter there.She has no time for anything but pursuing leads and exposing secret love life of celebrities!But one twist of fate lands her in the spotlight of an incredible scandal!She does not welcome it!Can she stop the world from labelling her a modern day Cinderella?
character_20131209092340X7T5bnL9Dt.jpg
Nam Da-jungcast_Yoon-ah 28-years-old, reporter for a third-rate entertainment & gossip newspaper “Scandal News” She looks smart, but she’s full of flaws. If you keep watching her, she makes you laugh for some reason.At one time, she dreamt of becoming a famous author like Jane Austen. However, in a world where writing doesn't pay, she decides to become a reporter for an entertainment, gossip paper. It doesn’t matter if people look down at her job saying shes nothing but a paparazzi. She has to make money for her father who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.Her father’s wish is to hold her hand and walk her down the aisle, but she’s too busy digging into other’s people’s love life to worry about her own.Driven by the thought to catch a big headline and earn a bonus, she digs into Kwon Yul’s private life and becomes the main character in his love scandal.Against her wishes, she becomes the Cinderella that became the Prime Minister’s wife from a third-rate reporter overnight. When will people start acknowledging that she’s not a Cinderella?

December 4, 2013
Lee Bum Soo is Embarrassed to Talk About Kiss Scenes With SNSD's Yoona
CJ E&M enewsWorld Park Ah Reum   Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Lee Bum Soo blushed upon talking about the upcoming kiss scenes with Girls’ Generation (SNSD)’s Yoona. 
The actor talked about his teamwork with his co-star Yoona at the press conference for KBS′s Prime Minister and I, which took place on December 4 at the Ambassador Hotel in Jangchung-dong, Seoul. 

As there′s 20 year age difference with Yoona, Lee Bum Soo said, “Yoona’s character is very cute and lovely. She is always full of energy and positivity at the filming site, which makes her a dependable co-star.”
When asked about kiss scenes with Yoona, the actor answered, “We haven’t shot any kiss scenes yet. Kisses ought to be sweet,” but he made everyone laugh by changing the topic by saying, “Anyways, I hope many couples will get to share sweet kisses this winter. Please stay tuned for our upcoming kiss scenes.”
Meanwhile, Prime Minister and I is a romantic comedy drama about a stubborn and short-tempered prime minister and a young girl in her twenties dying to get married to him. The first episode will air on December 9. 
Photo credit: Newsen/Jung Yoo Jin

December 5, 2013
‘Prime Minister & I' Lee Bum Soo highly compliments Yoon Ah Source: STARN News image

On December 4th, press conference of new KBS 2TV drama 'Prime Minister & I' was held at Seoul Ambassador Hotel, and Yoon Ah, Lee Bum Soo, Yoon Si Yoon, Chae Jung An, and Ryu Jin attended.
Lee Bum Soo said, "Yoon Ah is a very cute girl. I think I met a great partner."
He went on, "Yoon Ah is always bright, lively, and healthy. She is a very pleasant person, and she's got very healthy body and mind."
Lee Bum Soo also mentioned about his kiss scene. He said, "I didn't do the kiss scene yet. I think every kiss scenes should be sweet, and I hope many people would share love with each other. Please show a lot of support for us."
Meanwhile, 'Prime Minister & I' will premiere on December 9th.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo jp@starnnews.com

December 8, 2013
Lee Bum Soo and YoonA Have a Martial Arts Showdown on “Prime Minister and I”
by meltedd soompi.com

Lee Bum Soo and YoonA transform into martial artists on KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Prime Minister and I.”
KBS released these teaser stills on December 7 in which Lee Bum Soo and YoonA don martial arts attire and face off in a tense showdown. Lee Bum Soo is dressed in all black, and is holding what appears to be four-sided throwing stars in one hand, while giving his opponent a fierce stare in one of the pictures. YoonA’s outfit is black with white lace elements worked in. She displays some martial arts positions as well.
This scene was filmed at a set in Suwon, Gangwon-do on December 21, and the actors wore wires in order for special effects to be used. Lee Bum Soo and YoonA didn’t spare themselves physically, throwing themselves into filming with swords, daggers and whips. Their showdown is expected to be shown during the first episode.
According to the production team for “Prime Minister and I,” “Lee Bum Soo and YoonA left short but lasting impressions from the first episode with their showdown, showing their fighting spirit by sparing no physical effort while filming these action scenes. ‘Prime Minister and I’ is a romantic comedy that promises to bring great laughter this winter. We hope you enjoy watching the show.”
“Prime Minister and I” is a romantic comedy about a single-minded, obstinate prime minister who gets into a contract marriage with an amateur paparazzi reporter in her 20s. The first episode airs on December 9 on KBS 2TV at 10:00 PM KST.

December 9, 2013
Prime Minister & I Lee Beom-soo, Yoona, and their strange chemistry
In "Prime Minister & I" Lee Beom-soo and Yoona are already captivating fans with their chemistry.

The teaser trailer featuring Yoona calling out to the Prime Minister in the sweetest tone possible has caught the viewers' attention. A seemingly flawless perfectionist, the Prime Minister.A clumsy but lovable young girl.Their world collide as they come together in this winter romantic comedy by KBS 2TV titled "Prime Minister & I" (Written by Kim Eun-hee, Yoon Eun-kyung, Directed by Lee So-yeon).And the teaser trailer is already the talk of the town. Viewers are counting down the days to the first air date, December 9th. The teaser trailer features the youngest Prime Minister in Korean history named Kwon Yool played by Lee Beom-soo.The camera follows him in a day in his life.And Yoona who plays Nam Da-jeong is seen calling out to him in the most lovely manner. Lee Beom-soo sports a very civil servant-like hair style and dressed in a sharp suit.He is in a car, focused and ready to tackle the day.When suddenly a young reporter riding a bike wearing a yellow helmet played by Yoona passes by. As she calls out to the Prime Minister, he looks back and smile.The two are finally side by side.Look forward more fun encounters and adventures as they embark on a journey that is their partnership. The show boasts a star-studded lineup of Lee Beom-soo, Yoona, Yoon Shi-yoon, Chae Jeong-an and Ryu Jin.Tune in to the first episode of this fun-filled romance with a twist on every Monday and Tuesday starting this December.

December 9, 2013
Yoona cracks up!

Clips of what went on behind the scenes of the upcoming KBS 2TV Mon/Tues drama "Prime Minister & I" was unveiled on November 28th.
Yoona plays clumsy reporter Nam Da-jeong, and it seems she cannot stop laughing, at first.  Set to air its first episode on December 9th, the new show features a stubborn Prime Minister and a 20 something girl who is obsessed with marrying him.This romantic comedy is set to delight viewers throughout the Winter season.   In the photo Yoona is seen bursting into laughter.This was on November 15th in Yangjoo City Hall, Gyeonggi Province when Prime Minister Kwon Yool(Lee Beom-soo) was being interviewed by Yoona.During their little conversation, Yoona couldn't help herself from cracking up. Lee, a veteran actor who displays his versatility in both comedic and serious roles, is a master of adlibs.No one was immune to his jokes and improvisations.Yoona tried hard to resist, but it was no use.The crew found her laughter to be extremely contagious, and everyone on the scene was laughing out loud.  But when came time for her to get into character.She suddenly put on a different face, impressing everyone.She was no longer Yoona, the giggly girl. She was Nam Da-jeong at her most focused, interviewing a very important person.And she maintained character throughout the day even while the camera was off. Another still cut shows her trying to hand the Prime Minister a present.She is all smiles, but he is fairly expressionless.This was actually a shot taken while the two were interacting in character.The crew of the show said "Yoona is the energizer on the set. When she smiles, she lights up everyone, and blows away the day's stress.""All the cast members including Yoon Shi-yoon, Chae Jeong-an and Ryu Jin are displaying great camaraderie with the cast and crew. You should look forward to the first episode airing on December 9th."

December 9, 2013
Lee Beom-soo proposes to Yoona! "Marry me!

Lee Beom-soo's character proposes to Yoona's character!
The first teaser trailer of the upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Prime Minister & I" turned heads!On December 2nd, a new trailer for this hotly anticipated romantic comedy was unveiled.The response from viewers is through the roof. That's because it featured Lee proposing to Yoona!But he does it in commanding fashion "I think you have to marry me."And that's why the viewers are baffled by this not-so-romantic proposal. December 9th is the air date for this new drama featuring a stubborn young Prime Minister and a young girl devoted to marrying him.Some of the trailers and pictures show Yoona sinking into a couch and an upright Lee Beom-soo looking down at her.It is the biggest scandal in this drama's universe, the Prime Minister and his young partner! In the ending of the trailer, Lee proposes to Yoona.But how unromantic could one get?He is ordering her to marry him rather than going down on one knee and proposing. The production team said the two trailers show contrasting situations, one with Lee looking anything but impressed by Yoona, and in the second one, Lee proposing to her. Viewers who chanced upon the trailers are expressing their thoughts through social networking sites."You should marry me? What kind of a proposal is that?""They look so cute together""Lee really does look his part!""Mondays and Tuesdays are exclusively for Prime Minister & I.""I love the expression on Lee's face when he looks at Yoona dozing away.""A sudden proposal? I can't wait to find out more." A show guaranteed to help blow away stress during the cold cold winter season, "Prime Minister & I" features the love story between a bumbling reporter and a young Prime Minister.Tune in on December 9th to join in the fun-filled romantic adventure!

December 10, 2013
A spectacular duel to the finish featuring Lee Beom-soo and Yoona
More photos of upcoming episodes of "Prime Minister &I" have been unveiled.
It features Lee Beom-soo and Yoona duking it out in spectacular fashion. The pilot was aired on December 9th, this drama features a stubborn Prime Minister and a young lady in her 20s eager to get hitched by him.This romantic comedy is guaranteed to entertain and it also comes with a set of surprises. In the photo, Lee and Yoona are dressed up in what appears to be a martial arts showdown.Lee wields a weapon and looks ready for action, while Yoona is posed to execute a fatal martial arts move, and seem ready to deflect Lee's attacks.   Some could mistake their amazing action scenes to be a cut out from award-winning martial arts movies like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." The scene was filmed on November 21st on a set in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province.Wire action! Weapons including swords and whips!A truly action packed day of filming for all. And our stars gave it their all, to make sure they produce an unforgettable scene. This scene is set to be shown in the first episode, with the two depicted as martial arts masters, who try their best to beat the other.The stars paid merticulous attention to details, and watched their shots over and over again to produce something out of the ordinary.  The viewer response is through the roof."Look at Lee Beom-soo! He's got the look of a predator! And Yoona seems ready to take on all comers!""Wow! Yoona looks beautiful, the way her long hair floats during action sequences.""What made them put on these costumes? I'm curious to find out.""I thought it was just a romantic comedy. But action? I'm looking forward to it.""This show is set to be fun, and I bet it gets better by the episode. I'm definitely tuning in to catch all episodes."  The production company of the drama said the actors really pushed themselves to make a memorable scene for the pilot episode.They added "Prime Minister & I" is set to provide something for everyone. Tune in and enjoy!" This romantic comedy between a young Prime Minister and a bumbling reporter aired its first episode on December 9th.Tune in for more every Monday and Tuesday!

December 11, 2013
The viewers respond enthusiastically to Lee Beom-soo, Yoona's chemistry

Lee Beom-soo and Yoona like you've never seen them before.
And it works.Already the title of the drama is the hot search word in numerous search engines and portal sites in Korea.Proof that Mondays and Tuesdays will belong to Prime Minister & I. In episode 1, the soon-to-be Prime Minister Kwon Yool(Lee Beom-soo) and paprazzi Nam Da-jeong(Yoona) chance upon each other, and their worlds collide!The acting is superb and the chemistry on screen between the two is out of this world!Already the drama seems to have a very strong following.The coming together of two unlikely individuals, one, a perfectionist and the other a clumsy but lovable girl. The scene where Nam interviews Kwon was so hilarious, that it became the talk of the town.Nam was there to try and find out more about the scandal surrounding the Prime Minister to be.She coincidentally spots Kwon's youngest son Man-se(Lee Do-hyun) with a suspicious Kyryo Daily reporter, and rescues the little boy.Kwon first mistook Nam to be a kidnapper, but then later learns the truth, and ends up giving her an interview. It was a golden opportunity for her.When would she get the chance to beat all the hardnosed veteran reporters to get a one on one interview with the man of the hour.As she opens with the question about his relationship with his PR officer Seo Hye-joo(Chae Jeong-an).But then has to move on to the next questions.The questions that followed were even stranger!Favorite food, color and celebrity?   After the interview, Da-jeong hands Kwon Yool a present.And he responds "I don't wear boxers."To which she answers "So you only wear briefs?"  Lee Beom-soo's character is the youngest Prime Minister in Korean history.Not only that, he is a single father of 3 kids.Plus, he gets into character like no actor can.These are some of the reasons why people tune in to the drama. And it seems like the quirky new role is a perfect fit for Yoona.Cheerful, outgoing and unafraid to confront the Prime Minister!Already in the first episode, she goes to the extreme, using mops to threaten someone and even lashing out swear words at will! The viewer feedback include "I love the interview scene. They're such great actors. And I love Yoona's reactions.""This is so funny. I hope there will be more scenes like this.""I love this duo of Lee and Yoona!""Briefs or boxers? So many play on words in this scene!""I'll forver see Lee Beom-soo as a briefs-man. I love the interview scene.""Yoona does a great job of livening up the comic scene!" In the ratings department, "Prime Minister & I" notched 5.9% according to Nielsen Korea.A most promising start, as it is already 1.8% higher than the first episode of its predecessor.From the beginning of the show, the two are caught up in a scandal of the century!The topsy-turvy romantic comedy revolving around a stubborn Prime Minister and a driven 20 something lady.Watch for it at 10pm every Monday and Tuesday night.

December 12, 2013
Lee Beom-soo, Yoona watches "Prime Minister & I" together!
imageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

The two leading actors of the drama were caught tuning into their own show! In a photo unveiled recently, the cast and crew of "Prime Minister & I" were seen huddle together around a TV set to watch their own show.It was good to watch the team monitoring their work despite their busy schedule.Clearly they are dedicated to the project and they love their work.And the first episode is most important. The incredible on screen chemistry displayed by Lee Beom-soo who plays the young Prime Minister Kwon Yool and Yoona who plays bumbling reporter Nam Da-jeong has already received the nod of approval from viewers.Lee's character is upright and serious, but there are times when he loses his cool, and then there are times he does a great job of regaining his composure.Yoona's character is outgoing and cheerful, and at times does something most unorthodox, like screaming swear words at a respected reporter and getting ready to beat someone up with a mop. The cast and crew of the show have nothing but high praise for the duo, saying that they monitor their every move after recording, and try to make whatever changes they feel is necessary to liven up the scenes.And the chemistry between the two is incredible, with many eyewitnesses saying that their bond as co-stars is what keeps the drama exciting.Already viewers are pouring in their opinions on the show after watching the first episode."Yoona is so cute even when she's armed with a mop and is swearing!""I could not stop laughing! It's hilarious!""Yoona's performance is so realistic and fun to watch.""The two are great together, whether they're quarreling or getting along in the story.""I love Yoona! She's a breath of fresh air!""This drama is most promising! I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes!" Prime Minister & I! A dramatic yet comedic and romantic series, featuring a young reporter and a young Prime Minister!Tune in every Mondays and Tuesdays at 10pm!

Archived