[drama 2003] Summer Scent 여름향기

Guest fanda5000

just wanna pass-by...

the first time i saw this one years ago, i was captivated by Sohn Ye Jins beauty... then i was totally hooked... and that i can t forget...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ilove korea

i couldn't find the dl links for episodes so i was wondering if anyone had ep. 8 and further on. if you could could you upload it on mu or ss and post? thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest whizzer's_rose

i've been rewatching this drama lately and I just think that SYJ is just absolutely gorgeous and song seung hun and ryu jin are just sooooo hot! i loved this series so much...

haven't viewed my dvds for quite some time now but Summer Scent still remains one of my favorite dramas ever..i'm a sucker for romantic dramatic drama....this drama also introduced me to my korean idol Son Ye Jin who i think is one of the most talented and gorgeous woman in the korean entertainment...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nguyen82

This was the first k-series that I watched and it still remains one of my fav. I totally fell for SSH image because of this series. He was just so HOT as Min-Woo. I really don't know why people said that SSH and Son Ye Jin didn't have great onscreen chemistry because I thought they looked perfect together in this series. The OST just flows so beautifully. And the scenery was OMG.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mystical-Lady

This was the first k-series that I watched and it still remains one of my fav. I totally fell for SSH image because of this series. He was just so HOT as Min-Woo. I really don't know why people said that SSH and Son Ye Jin didn't have great onscreen chemistry because I thought they looked perfect together in this series. The OST just flows so beautifully. And the scenery was OMG.

True to that! My favorite Korean series ever is Summer Scent, out of 20 + dramas I've watched since 2000.

Guest Mystical-Lady

me also... i like episode 1 coz its the lightest foe me... she is so cute when she was narrating in the rain... touching....

i also like this cute part when they were going to watch this play or something then Jung jae and jung ah showed up... Ye-jin was cute when she was re-assuring herself that he is a "chingu"... so cute... :)

also one of my fave parts was when they were dancing in the field and they almost kissed... ahhhhhh!! (really want to see a kissing scene!!! hehehehe)

... and so many more!

YA! SJY and SSH better make a new series together since SSH is back from the military and have a GREAT Kissing scene!!!

Ok, hope I didn't sound perverted =/

• 2 months later...
Guest zhivago

Many people have said how bad this drama was and how the leads lacked chemistry and how lame the whole plot was.

For me, I had seen this drama way before I read these negative comments and to tell the truth, I felt that Summer Scent (SS ) was the best among PD Yun's season series.

I felt SJY did a VERY good job and she continued to allow us into her plight with the most seamless and subtle face expressions. She understands screen emotions very well and was very detailed with her depictions of what was complex.

There were many FEEL-GOOD elements in the drama ; the songs were TOPs ; The greenery, the foliage, the tea, the flowers, the rain, the hills, the houses, the rustic-ness of it all, the beauty, the hope of summer....^^

There were NO real villians in this drama ; no lurking bizarre parent...in this drama, you feel the oxygen in being young ; that going on camps and mountain climbing and being very passionate about your hobby is a real cool thing. I do like SSH's hobbies...he builds very nice things. My favourite was that scale model he made for SJY, the dream house. I also loved the room in the resort that was used to propose and romance...what a nostalgic touch.

Other FEEL-GOOd elements like records, riddles, flowers in tea, cosages, balconies over-looking everywhere and each other ....NOW, being SUMMER, let's watch it all over again....^^ Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Seoul to Open "Korean Wave" Center

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 08:51:21

The Seoul Metropolitan Government will unveil a "Korean Wave" center, featuring the sets of four popular KBS dramas based on the four seasons of the year.

The "Four Seasons House" is slated to open Thursday and will display sets and props from Director Yoon Seok-ho’s four season-related dramas -- The Tale of Autumn, Winter Sonata, Spring Waltz and Summer Scent.

The house was built after remodeling the set of Spring Waltz, which aired in Korea last year. Currently the drama is being aired in Japan and enjoying popularity ratings of more than nine percent.

Seoul hopes to attract more foreign tourists with the "Four Seasons House."

Reported by KBS WORLD Radio

http://english.kbs.co.kr/news/newsview_sub...;key=2007053007

credit rubie @ news thread

Guest savvygal

I just finished watching and I liked it alot just because of the cute couple: Minwoo and Hyewon. They have good chemistry together and Hyewon's SO pretty :) Felt sorry for Minwoo alot of the time cos he was hurting so much. Also there were alot of ROMANTIC scenes such as dancing on the soccer field and him tying her hair in the proposal room. But episodes 16 to 18 were SO draggy I had to fast forward.

But I really liked the ENDING...it was a bit cheesy but still SWEET and it tied in well with the first few episodes. At least now she found out it's not cos of Eunhye's heart that she loves Minwoo.

I know this may sound like a daft question, but did Minwoo & Hyewon get together in the end? There were some Korean text at the end of the last episode when the two of them bumped into each other along the flight of stairs, but there were no subtitles, so I didn't know what actually happened. Can someone be so kind as to tell me pls? :blink:

Guest bellablue

^ You can download this from d-addicts, but with soft subs. That's what I'm doing right now, though the speed's slow, but hey, at least I'm getting it. However, if you check back on p. 9 or 10, somebody posted up a link to hard-subbed low-quality episodes (direct download).

Everything about this drama is so beautiful...the setting, the cast, the OST. This isn't quite as heart wrenching as Autumn Tale, but then again, the idea of Summer Scent was to invoke happy memories that summers bring, so it should be a lighter drama. This is where I was introduced to Son Ye Jin, whom after this and especially A Moment to Remember, is quickly becoming one of my fave actresses. Her acting's effective, but never forced and she's gorgeous to boot. Even though I haven't finished watching Summer Scent, it's definitely worth a second viewing.

^ You can download this from d-addicts, but with soft subs. That's what I'm doing right now, though the speed's slow, but hey, at least I'm getting it. However, if you check back on p. 9 or 10, somebody posted up a link to hard-subbed low-quality episodes (direct download).

Everything about this drama is so beautiful...the setting, the cast, the OST. This isn't quite as heart wrenching as Autumn Tale, but then again, the idea of Summer Scent was to invoke happy memories that summers bring, so it should be a lighter drama. Song Seung Hun and Son Ye Jin have pretty good chemistry with each other and this is also where I was introduced to Son Ye Jin, whom after this and especially A Moment to Remember, is quickly becoming one of my fave actresses. Her acting's effective, but never forced and she's gorgeous to boot. Even though I haven't finished watching Summer Scent, it's definitely worth a second viewing.

thanks!!! i will try that!!!

thanks!!! i will try that!!!

hey, im sorry... but i cant seem to find it... can you please give me the link? thanks in advance!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest S.H.E_fan

Hey Summer Scent fans, I have a couple items for sale, and it's perfect for any fans.

Summer Scent photobook (Taiwan version so it's all Chinese text, but there are lots of pictures)

IMG_4305.jpg

Summer Scent Necklace set... it's been a while, but I think it's called Soul of Fragrance necklace, right?

IMG_4308.jpg

Also, please check my soompi store out for more K-drama stuff.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150138

Thanks everyone for looking. SYJ rules!!

Started watching. Only on episode 3. It's so sad...

But you can't watch it while thinking... or else it's just stupid... I mean come on.... Heart transplant = change in personality... Wow

But when you watch it with your heart... you realize how sad everything is.... it's true love that is finally coming back after 3 years...

summer_098.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived