[drama 2003] Summer Scent 여름향기

Guest fanda5000

Guest 2uss

My first 2 times I was only into MW's dyed hair and Ryu's good looks. :P

It was the wonderful OST and the brilliant cinematopgraphy that captured my attention.

To be honest I was too new into Korean Drama and really did not understand alot of things inorder to appreciate this story. Now I know enough to realize it was really hurtful when MinWoo told JangAh never to forgive him. In other words, he was not going to love her but to continue to love HW even if it was wrong. Poor girl, even though she was shameless I can still feel a little of her pain .

ahh yes...the music and the beautiful scenes...got me hook too!!

the story sinks in me after watching it the 2nd time, the 3rd time i appreciate it even more...because all of us in ourselves want to believe in such "destiny" don't we?? as the heart race, we want to believe such destiny exists...and this is what i get and what made me hope...

because in the end...HW's heart still race and beats uncontrollably even with the artificial heart...thus it was "destiny" that brought them together...really a beautiful story overall...

i love it :rolleyes:

necklace.jpg

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest riceavocado

I'm on episode 07 right now and I'm really loving this drama. It's perfect to watch right now since it's summer and I love the OST, acting, and scenery.

I'm on episode 07 right now and I'm really loving this drama. It's perfect to watch right now since it's summer and I love the OST, acting, and scenery.

Hi riceavocado, Hmmm......you should watch it till the end because this is really a good drama & I find this kind of series interesting. You won't stop loving this until the very end. And I like the OST, too. The most that I like is the instrumental one & that Serenade. SSH is also great here. :D:lol:

Guest riceavocado

Hi riceavocado, Hmmm......you should watch it till the end because this is really a good drama & I find this kind of series interesting. You won't stop loving this until the very end. And I like the OST, too. The most that I like is the instrumental one & that Serenade. SSH is also great here. :D:lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome :D I will certainly watch it to the end, probably by the end of this weekend (I'm an addict when I start a drama). I hope the ending isn't sad though, I've seen some very sad dramas like Stairway to Heaven and it was torture even though I loved it. :mellow: And yeah, I can't wait to finish it as well because I refuse to spoil myself with reading the thread until after I'm done.

Guest riceavocado

This drama is pretty cruel! I hate how the bad characters get away with so much. The good people suffer unconditionally. They barely get any air at all. I wanted all the people who messed things up to just die.

The ending wasn't very rewarding, but then summer loves don't usually end that great do they?

There is a song that plays at 33 minutes in the 18th episode and omg its such a good piano song (it plays frequently throughout the drama...I wonder if its Yiruma because the drama has so much Yiruma in it), but I cannot find it, I don't think it is on the OST and it's driving me nuts. :crazy:

I wish this thread was bigger so there would be more info/pics/and fans.

• 2 weeks later...

This drama is pretty cruel! I hate how the bad characters get away with so much. The good people suffer unconditionally. They barely get any air at all. I wanted all the people who messed things up to just die.

hi riceavocado :blush:

it was the price of love...in the end they did meet again...and Hye Won's heart was still "beating" uncontrollably even tho it was an artificial heart inside of her...

There is a song that plays at 33 minutes in the 18th episode and omg its such a good piano song (it plays frequently throughout the drama...I wonder if its Yiruma because the drama has so much Yiruma in it), but I cannot find it, I don't think it is on the OST and it's driving me nuts. :crazy:

there maybe several instrumentals that you may refer to

the piano instrumental that you maybe referring to is "Serenade" - by Franz Schubert

it could also be the piano instrumental of this song, "Uh Jjuh Myun" - by Seo Jin Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2sb1RrUhE

or it could be the piano version of "Bi Mil (Secret)" - by Jung In Ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjP5gSRBL4

in Summer Scent OST, track #18 is a combine piano instrumental of "Serenade" and "Bi Mil"

I wish this thread was bigger so there would be more info/pics/and fans.

Summer Scent drama aired in 2003 before soompi went online...

dear riceavocado there are many fans of Summer Scent out there ;)

if you want more pictures, videos, fan arts, or information regarding Summer Scent look no further than many of Song Seung Heon fan websites in many countries...

the site that i'm currently active on is TSH Singapore (www.trulyseungheon.com), mainly because of their English dominant discussions...very dedicated group of SSH fans...i recommend you to go check it out if you want more info about Summer Scent...

you can browse around the website, although, you need to register to in order to post and join in on discussions, but it's still FREE!! :blush:

----------------------------------------------

some fan arts made by whiteroses @ TSH :D

2009_05_SS03a.jpg

2009_05_SS04a.jpg

2009_06_SS02a.jpg

*TSH

Guest riceavocado

hi riceavocado :blush:

it was the price of love...in the end they did meet again...and Hye Won's heart was still "beating" uncontrollably even tho it was an artificial heart inside of her...

there maybe several instrumentals that you may refer to

the piano instrumental that you maybe referring to is "Serenade" - by Franz Schubert

it could also be the piano instrumental of this song, "Uh Jjuh Myun" - by Seo Jin Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2sb1RrUhE

or it could be the piano version of "Bi Mil (Secret)" - by Jung In Ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjP5gSRBL4

in Summer Scent OST, track #18 is a combine piano instrumental of "Serenade" and "Bi Mil"

Summer Scent drama aired in 2003 before soompi went online...

dear riceavocado there are many fans of Summer Scent out there ;)

if you want more pictures, videos, fan arts, or information regarding Summer Scent look no further than many of Song Seung Heon fan websites in many countries...

the site that i'm currently active on is TSH Singapore (www.trulyseungheon.com), mainly because of their English dominant discussions...very dedicated group of SSH fans...i recommend you to go check it out if you want more info about Summer Scent...

you can browse around the website, although, you need to register to in order to post and join in on discussions, but it's still FREE!! :blush:

Thank you for your kindness. Unfortunately none of those are the song that I'm looking for. I think I'll try finding the episode and cutting the clip to where it just plays the song and then start looking from there. Many thanks for the board recommendation as well :)

Thank you for your kindness. Unfortunately none of those are the song that I'm looking for. I think I'll try finding the episode and cutting the clip to where it just plays the song and then start looking from there. Many thanks for the board recommendation as well :)

oh?? :blink:

then i need to re-watch ep18 to know this piano instrumental that you're referring to :sweatingbullets:

Guest riceavocado

oh?? :blink:

then i need to re-watch ep18 to know this piano instrumental that you're referring to :sweatingbullets:

I cut the episode and uploaded the part I'm talking about to my YouTube. This is the song I've been looking for:

I just don't know whose it is. =(

hi.gifriceavocado!!

yessss it was ironic and it was sooo sad runningcrying.gif

and also something to remember...it was in the same room (back in ep7) that MW said his first "i love you" to HW starstruck.gif

and to me it carried 2 underlying meanings...

first, MW was implying and reaffirming that this is the room of "i love yous" where people will express their love to each other and to propose for marriage...

second, and most importantly, MW has fallen for HW, and in that same expression of "i love you" he was directing it to her as well...

saranghae.jpg

*TSH

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2uss

last batch of fan arts to share ehehhe :D

------------------------------------------------

Happy 6th Anniversary

Summer Scent

7-7-2009

islandss6thanniv.jpg

iloveyouss6thanniv.jpg

mwss6thanniv.jpg

ss6thanniversary2-1.jpg

*TSH

• 2 weeks later...

Its not because MINWOO is very handsome but I love the story as well. Its a replay at KBS WORLD which started last Monday. I have seen this but I am happy to view it again. I don't feel sleepy and always alive during this time slot. I always feel their mix emotion of being happy together but sad because of Hyewon's having a fiancee. The title is SUMMER SCENT but everytime they met it rains. The view is wonderful that I dream to to be In Korea someday to visit those places. I also love flowers and natural view.

Archived