Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Hello guys! Just wanna say it's great to be back on Soompi!

I was on prolonged bedrest for 4 months and didnt manage to keep up with Soompi's discussions. During my hospitalisation, it was Happy Home episodes and Kim So Yeon (been a fan since 15 years ago - also from All About Eve) that kept me going.  Loved the excellent chemistry between Lee Sang Woo and Kim So Yeon (esp their hugs and yummy kisses hehe), and I could not be happier when news broke of their official relationship! Both are ridiculously good looking and seem to be of shy yet warm personality... now Im re-watching Happy Home episodes (more like catching up) to witness their progression hehe. Please keep discussions and comments about BongJi couple flowing... love reading them!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

I was a KSY fan long time ago since "All about eve" but i stopped there due to my work posted to overseas and did not follow all her drama, except IRIS .....until early this year when i came back from overseas, I began to watch her "Romance 3" and "Falling for Innocence" and lately saw her in WGM and started to crazy over on her paring with Kwak siyang (because they do have chemistry with each other on this show)...and thus joined the soompi account to find "like-minded" fans..

So WGM was your trigger to make an account. I got it. :)

9 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

To make a fair statement, both siyang and sangwoo are compatible with soyeon, they can make good partner if she chooses either one. Siyang will only lose out on the age difference and the right timing.....and both KSY also need to overcome the pressure from both sides of family in reality. Marriage is NOT simply for two persons alone, it also involved with two families (Remembered Siyang came from a big family with many elder sisters??)....I am sure those people who are already married can fully understand my statement. When the Right one comes along at the right timing, she just has to follow her heart with no regret...

I agree that both were compatible with Soyeon. Both have different qualities that could have brought new dynamic to the relationship.

The audience doesn`t know all the facts. Because in WGM, the reality was mending with the fantasy, I understand why so many people could not let go their favorite couple easily. What if.... complicates everything.

Now... maybe it will be nice to see a picture with Siso or better Siyang with Sang Woo and their common friend Shim Hyung-Tak to reassure everybody that everything is fine. :D I just imagine a possible conversation between the guys. :w00t:

SY: Hyung, I ask you to take good care of Soyeon not to take her out/ take her for good.

HT: Peace, brothers. I want both of you to put in a good word for me with Soyeon. I heard that Bada is her close friend. :P

Spoiler

I watched an episode of Happy Together last night. Shim Hyung Tak, Lee Sang Woo`s friend is quite funny. (around 57:00) Bada was on the phone and she said that she is a fan of one of them (Sang Woo I assume.) Hyung Tak said that he is a fan of Bada and it was a funny exchanged of words. Both were funny. Now I want a double date. :w00t:

11 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

am not familiar with LSW's family and educational background, is he come from big family?? His video mostly in Korean language and I could hardly understand it and moreover he is quite a low profile person.... Anyone knows?

I remember reading about his background education but I don`t know if I remember correctly. He did not study acting but food engineering. Some sources said that he dropped out probably when he became an actor. 

11 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Question : I am always amazed by your hard work in HH drama fashion search mainly for the celebrities, how do you manage to search and match them??? Thanks  :)

I don`t search much. I find some information and then I will crop them together. It happened  a couple of times when I`ve looked for some of Soyeon `s elegant gowns and found them in the collection. It takes a lot of time to search myself so I won`t do it many times.

• Like 2

About Soyeon`s new pictorial.

I like that it is outdoor. It seams that it is an urban theme, a strong concept for Soyeon as usual. She has a dark, heavy make up.

I wish they will change the theme for the future pictorials. I know that she is suited for this strong woman type, a sophisticated urban woman.  I still remember the Elle pictorial the one with the pink dress. She can do other concepts. Dress her in bright colors not only black or white/ivory.   But she is gorgeous as  always. I can`t wait to see all the pictures.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, beachgal1204 said:

I was on prolonged bedrest for 4 months and didnt manage to keep up with Soompi's discussions. During my hospitalisation, it was Happy Home episodes and Kim So Yeon (been a fan since 15 years ago - also from All About Eve) that kept me going. 

I am sad to hear that you were ill. I hope you are feeling better now. Welcome back!

I remember you from Siso thread. Good memories. If I remember correctly you are from Singapore or  maybe Indonesia? My memory is not that good lately. :D I don`t know why I associated in my mind your name with Soyeon`s last visit in Singapore for the Sure magazine photo-shoot.  There were a couple of chingus from there.  ;)

1 hour ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Below article told who made the first-move..... well my bet is....they had electric-feeling when their eyes met......no words needed, mutually consent : lets go for it... kekeke.:w00t:

It is the same article as others but the titles is so... misleading. It doesn`t answer the question. :w00t: She said that they it was a mutual consent. Of course one of them said ... let`s go out for dinner and the other said OK like it was the most natural thing to do. They knew that there is a mutual attraction and probably it was going on for weeks. It was the perfect scenario for them. :P

• Like 2

This is Korean netizen's reaction about their relationship. I'm glad they are well loved couple :)

[English & Vietnamese] Korean netizen's comments about Kim So Yeon's relationship with Lee Sang Woo 

Super nice couple! Handsome man and Gorgeous woman (+12322)

Oh, she also accepted the interview.... Really honest kaka (+10777)

Kaka So cute interview. Wish you happy (+8069)

Wow Congratulations~!! (+5971)

Wish you happy kakakakaka (+4924)

From this interview, I can feel Kim So Yeon is a kind and humble person... They both know the other is a good person! Admiration!!(+1601)

Just reading this interview I can feel her heart (+1503)

To me I can feel Lee Sang Woo has a bright image. Kim So Yeon's also an actress who has a kind and nice image. Their love blossoms. Live a happy life ~~~ (+1480)

She's kind to accept the interview... it's not really like an artist ^^ (+1397)

I've witnessed Lee Sang Woo ssi dating at the amusement park. So that girl was Kim So Yeon ssi. Really a nice couple. You two must be happy (+1260)

They are so well-matched. Lee Sang Woo is like a traffic light pole, but strange is everyone wants to bring it home. Kim So Yeon eonni does not know complain, perhap she would stand next to it and cleaning with gleeful smiles (+1234)

Speaking of romance is something should be proud of. I really admire this couple. Super well-matched .. (+1167)

Because Kim So Yeon is very fragile, I don't want to see her suffer hardship. Wish you happy (+1097)

Super well-matched. Feeling the two seem similar, nice and honest people ... (+1030)

So beautiful couple. Lee Sang Woo really seems a kind man. Wish you happy ^^ (+883)

So well-match because they're the same age. I thought it would be so good if they really date. It's true they are an item now (+859)

The couple who have both beautiful personalities and looks. I support you two ! (+846)

Wow~ Daebak! A visual couple. Really so beautiful couple...Sincere and get married is really good ~^^ (+817)

It's great. So Yeon eonni ㅠㅠㅠ My Soon Jung nim ( So Yeon's character in “Falling for Innocence”) Enjoy dating!! I support you ~~ (+709)

Have a good romance ~  (+605)

Ctrans: Kim So Yeon baidu
English trans: Sso Fanpage
-----------------------

• Like 4

@larus

Thanks again for your prompt reply and sharing. 

1. For you - What's the motivation behind to set up account here?  Mainly for kim so yeon? 

2. I like your imaginary conversation for the guys.  That's a good one. Very creative . You can be a good script writer now :w00t:.

I also wonder what will be the response from siyang now.  I hope he will send blessing to them, if he likes both of them as good friends , he should support them too.

For the in style shooting,  I hope LSW can be there too. Since KSY image was so cool and sexy on the image , she should pair up with him and both can appear in a new type of style. Something different from all for you. ...can be sexy or simple while sophisticated :w00t:

• Like 2

@AshleyL

I like the below comments from netizen.....

"I've witnessed Lee Sang Woo ssi dating at the amusement park. So that girl was Kim So Yeon ssi. Really a nice couple. You two must be happy" (+1260)

"They are so well-matched. Lee Sang Woo is like a traffic light pole, but strange is everyone wants to bring it home. Kim So Yeon eonni does not know complain, perhaps she would stand next to it and cleaning with gleeful smiles" (+1234)

The Last one was the most funny one....:D:w00t:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Thanks again for your prompt reply and sharing. 

1. For you - What's the motivation behind to set up account here?  Mainly for kim so yeon? 

2. I like your imaginary conversation for the guys.  That's a good one. Very creative . You can be a good script writer now :w00t:.

1. Definitely Kim So Yeon. I discovered kdramas in 2011 and I started to watch online different dramas. If they kept my interest after the first episode I continued them if not, I looked for other shows. The available show list was huge. So, one day I started Soyeon`s drama Prosecutor Princess. The people who watched that drama knows that it is not everyone `s cup of tea. :D When I saw the first scene I was socked and wondered who is that woman dressed like a Christmas tree?  Soyeon has strong facial features, she is not a candy girl type. Adding the fact that there is a gap between her look and her voice and Ma Hyeri (her character)`s appearance ... the dropping thoughts started to come trough my mind. Soon there was a scene that kept my attention.  Ma Hyeri was lying to everybody and went to pursue her own frivolous interest and I was like... Wait a minute... A heroine who is lying? I found it refreshing so from that moment the show became interesting to me. The story kept me interested but more than that, I can`t explain but I sensed the real traits of the actress behind that role. I knew she was acting but in the same time I felt that she was natural. (Maybe it was good that I did not have a preconceived image of her from other dramas.). After that show I start to look for information about the actress, read some interviews and I discovered Soyeon`s thread at Soompi. I was lurking there, reading about her, updates, for almost a year when she was cast in The Great Sear (after she turned down a role in Dr. Jin... Thank God!!!!). I started to watch for the first time a drama live and I was reading the drama thread as well. Lurking of course.  Someone of TGS thread asked a question and I knew the answer. Because nobody was responding, I made an account and from that day I was an active soompier. :w00t:  I am not addictive to kdramas anymore but Soyeon and Soompi keep me here for the moment. Sorry for the long story.

2. I don`t have talents for writing but sometimes I came up with some lines for fun. I am glad that you like it. :) 

Speaking of Shim Kyung Tak earlier. He was invited to a program (radio show) today and she said something about the news involving his friend. I am interested to read the translations. Raw translations said something about being upset with the news... not a love story,  what he really said? The only thing that I could guess is that he was as much as surprised by the news like the rest of us. We know that they are both private persons. I bet Sang woo did not tell him anything just like Soyeon with her family. :D But I know he is happy for both of them.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201609100100079500005311&ServiceDate=20160909

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, larus said:

1. Definitely Kim So Yeon. I discovered kdramas in 2011 and I started to watch online different dramas. If they kept my interest after the first episode I continued them if not, I looked for other shows. The available show list was huge. So, one day I started Soyeon`s drama Prosecutor Princess. The people who watched that drama knows that it is not everyone `s cup of tea. :D When I saw the first scene I was socked and wondered who is that woman dressed like a Christmas tree?  Soyeon has strong facial features, she is not a candy girl type. Adding the fact that there is a gap between her look and her voice and Ma Hyeri (her character)`s appearance ... the dropping thoughts started to come trough my mind. Soon there was a scene that kept my attention.  Ma Hyeri was lying to everybody and went to pursue her own frivolous interest and I was like... Wait a minute... A heroine who is lying? I found it refreshing so from that moment the show became interesting to me. The story kept me interested but more than that, I can`t explain but I sensed the real traits of the actress behind that role. I knew she was acting but in the same time I felt that she was natural. (Maybe it was good that I did not have a preconceived image of her from other dramas.). After that show I start to look for information about the actress, read some interviews and I discovered Soyeon`s thread at Soompi. I was lurking there, reading about her, updates, for almost a year when she was cast in The Great Sear (after she turned down a role in Dr. Jin... Thank God!!!!). I started to watch for the first time a drama live and I was reading the drama thread as well. Lurking of course.  Someone of TGS thread asked a question and I knew the answer. Because nobody was responding, I made an account and from that day I was an active soompier. :w00t:  I am not addictive to kdramas anymore but Soyeon and Soompi keep me here for the moment. Sorry for the long story.

:D@larus wow, reading your comments like reading an interesting story......:D to me, its not a long story...

If you have a chance, and you haven't watched yet, should watch her earliest drama, "All about eve", she was so attractive who had impressed me alot because of her beauty and her acting as villain role...it will catch my eyes as long as the actors are good looking and can act in the drama... (i don't care whether he/she is in a good or bad role)...another good one acted by her is "IRIS"...:D

• Like 1

@larus Yes you have an amazing memory! I was the fan from Singapore who met So Yeon (while she was shopping) and took a photo with her during her SURE magazine photoshoot in Singapore. Also sent her off at the hotel during the last day.

Thanks for your concern! I was on prolonged bedrest in the later part of my pregnancy due to complications. I have since given birth to a healthy baby. :) Feels as though my baby was acquainted with So Yeon too since I was pregnant (albeit very early days) when I met her. 

3 hours ago, larus said:

I am sad to hear that you were ill. I hope you are feeling better now. Welcome back!

I remember you from Siso thread. Good memories. If I remember correctly you are from Singapore or  maybe Indonesia? My memory is not that good lately. :D I don`t know why I associated in my mind your name with Soyeon`s last visit in Singapore for the Sure magazine photo-shoot.  There were a couple of chingus from there.  ;)

It is the same article as others but the titles is so... misleading. It doesn`t answer the question. :w00t: She said that they it was a mutual consent. Of course one of them said ... let`s go out for dinner and the other said OK like it was the most natural thing to do. They knew that there is a mutual attraction and probably it was going on for weeks. It was the perfect scenario for them. :P

• Like 4

@ksyloveksysisocouple Hi! totally agree with you that So Yeon was really attractive in All About Eve! Was so mesmerised by her beauty back then (really beautiful eyes) and more importantly her convincing portrayal of the villain. Always felt her character in the show was a sad one, with no family love that drove her to be ruthlessly competitive and eventually leading to her downfall.

Just wanted to share something. When I met So Yeon in Singapore last year, I took the chance to tell her that I Ioved watching her acting since "All About Eve",  So Yeon actually smiled and said "I love(d) that character (Huh Young Mi) too".  Think she has also said this several times in interviews, that she enjoyed playing this character, but gained a lot of "hate" back then since people mistook her real-life personality to be like the villain in the show.

8 minutes ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

:D@larus wow, reading your comments like reading an interesting story......:D to me, its not a long story...

If you have a chance, and you haven't watched yet, should watch her earliest drama, "All about eve", she was so attractive who had impressed me alot because of her beauty and her acting as villain role...it will catch my eyes as long as the actors are good looking and can act in the drama... (i don't care whether he/she is in a good or bad role)...another good one acted by her is "IRIS"...:D

• Like 5

I love this video of fellow Happy Home cast teasing Kim So Yeon about Lee Sang Woo and egging her to get married.(apologies, I cant seem to find the English sub video I watched earlier)

Looks like they were extremely accurate and prophetic (given the video was filmed in June), as they would eventually announce publicly that they're dating ? :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

If you have a chance, and you haven't watched yet, should watch her earliest drama, "All about eve", she was so attractive who had impressed me alot because of her beauty and her acting as villain role...it will catch my eyes as long as the actors are good looking and can act in the drama... (i don't care whether he/she is in a good or bad role)...another good one acted by her is "IRIS"...

I did not watch the whole drama All About Eve but I watched her scenes. :D I watched every drama available or at least her scenes. I watched her scenes in New Human Market, the majority of scenes in one of her Chinese drama (not liked much that drama), some available episodes of Trio, some episodes of her sitcom ( all without subtitles). :D 

I hope she will get good offers. I am sad when I read in her interviews that she knows and expects that her career will not be the same because she is aging. But I think she will continue her acting career. I am sure there will be good and interesting roles out there even when she will not be the lead

2 hours ago, beachgal1204 said:

Yes you have an amazing memory! I was the fan from Singapore who met So Yeon (while she was shopping) and took a photo with her during her SURE magazine photoshoot in Singapore. Also sent her off at the hotel during the last day.

So I was right. I am glad that I still have a good memory. I wonder sometimes. :w00t:

I am happy to hear that everything is alright now. You have a baby. So sweet! Best wishes for the entire family.

The video has translations. You should visit @yaqiyuki`s blog for more translations. http://yqyukiz.blogspot.ro/p/happy-home_2.html

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

For the in style shooting,  I hope LSW can be there too. Since KSY image was so cool and sexy on the image , she should pair up with him and both can appear in a new type of style. Something different from all for you. ...can be sexy or simple while sophisticated :w00t:

I forgot to comment about about your idea. I think they should do a pictorial together. Soyeon and Siyang did an awesome pictorial for Cosmopolitan last year but she could do another awesome one.  I hope they will receive an offer next year. Let them built their relationship first. :) Praying for a long and happy relationship. Everlasting love. Yeah... we are romantic by heart. :D

For now we`ll see Soyeon transformation  in a femme fatale for InStyle magazine ( October)

• Like 5

Reposting the picture that @larus had posted earlier.

Wow......she looks hot and sexy.....totally different from Hae Ryung. Wonder what will be Sang Woo's reaction if he sees the picture. Jaw dropped to the floor? What a lucky man he is? :w00t:

I recall reading an article in Allpop about actors/ actress who change skin like cameloon. Our girl, Kim So Yeon top the list.....and the article praised her for her ability to play very different characters from a tough prosecutor in 2 Weeks to a grieving mother in Happy Home to a ditzy prosecutor in Prosecutor Princess to a tough as nail spy in Iris. Her talent to play different type of characters is the main reason why I am her fan.

Btw, I am also another long-time fan of Kim So Yeon  of about 15 years. I became a fan after watching her in Trio.

She was young and beautiful in Trio but did not have much chemistry with her co stars who are much older than her, unlike the crazy chemistry she has with Lee Sang Woo. That is why I am such a great fan of Bong Ji couple.

Did not watch WGM as I only watch dramas and I am not into such variety shows so I have no idea of how is her chemistry with Kwak Si Yang. But I am also not into noona romance so that is already a non starter for me. But it seems many people like WGM and her chemistry with Kwak Si Yang.

• Like 7

Thanks for everyone sharing being a loyal fan of KSY....i am glad to hear each individual story to start off as a KSY fan from all of you coming from different walks of life......very interesting...and also i like to meet like-minded people in this forum...

@larus @AshleyL @charray @beachgal1204 @hsyhsy @bananacad @SomeBerry and many more (sorry to miss out any names, in case I might type wrongly of their names) who visited this thread and press a LIKE button to support us....i am thankful for that, really :).

Everyone shared their history of becoming a loyal fan for KSY, I would like to hear from @SomeBerry who has been silently supporting us all these while but seldom put comment on it, would love to hear from you soon if you have time :), no rush .

@beachgal1204 - Welcome back!! although i myself also not long ago to join this forum, still new in this forum.....hahaha

I wonder when you met KSY personally long ago, is she pretty in real person and exactly look like herself in drama or photo? :D

@charray when you said : "......it seems many people like WGM and her chemistry with Kwak Si Yang..."

The answer is YES, you are right,.....my sincere advice to you, if you haven't started to watch WGM (kim soyeon pair up with kwak siyang), I suggest don't even start to watch, why?:D:Dbecause you will crazy over this paring too and you will enjoy this couple chemistry, (just joking) LOL :D :D (you can read the previous comments from soyeon fans that most of us like their paring in WGM and luckily most soyeon fans are kind and rational) . Their lovey dovey moments were started  way before the bongji couple and that's why many WGM fans protested and commented there were many romantic scenes copied from WGM to HH drama and blamed the HH script writer. The recent fan war and the several negative comments on Soyeon IG were because of this (sad to say that)......But as a mutual adult like us, we will know how to differentiate the reality world vs virtual world, and support soyeon decision, now its Sangwoo and Soyeon happiness. I hope time can heal everything and lets have peace for them....:)

After seeing the LSW video (eng sub) sent by @larus , LSW is really a slow but genuine person in terms of response, a man with few words only, i found him a very CUTE person, if i were there, i would certainly tease him too....:w00t:

Also i revisited the BTS scenes and noticed few times that LSW was the one who teased KSY (including the team farewell dinner, swimming pool, indoor wedding shoot, and the HK's company party where soyeon wearing her red dress) , so who knows when LSW met someone he likes, he would take the initiative to talk more and tease her.....and soyeon could feel it.........kekeke :w00t:

• Like 8

She was really beautiful, like what she was in drama or photos, but even skinnier and more petite. I first recognized her back view and didn't expect her to be so petite (she looks tall on screen). Her eyes are really huge for her tiny face, and she speaks with a v gentle voice. She gives off a little air of fragility, and if I were a guy I would really want to hug and protect her.

Do you remember the first WGM epi where Siyang walks in the house, meets So Yeon for the first time and says "why so pretty?... "Jin jaa ippeu (really pretty)"? That was exactly how I felt too when I met her. 

43 minutes ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

@beachgal1204 -

I wonder when you met KSY personally long ago, is she pretty in real person and exactly look like herself in drama or photo? :D

• Like 7