[Movie 2008] A Frozen Flower 쌍화점

s@nbi

Guest selvaspeedy

WHERE CAN I FIND THE SONG FOR THIS MOVIE???? THE ONE THAT THE KING SINGS? I LOVE THAT SONG! CANT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!
I'm still looking for the OST, but I extracted the King's song from the movie for ya :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M7XEZ52W

I'm kinda confused about the meaning behind the lyrics of that song :huh: so he means that everybody knows he's gay?!

I went in to a shop to buy some flower cakes.

A man grabbed my wrist.

If word got out,

the young errand boy would have told.

I shall go to sleep there, too.

I went into a temple to light it.

The temple owner grabbed my wrist.

If word got out the temple,

the young monk would have told.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, the movie was very explicit..I found myself skipping through a lot of the scenes.

However, I don't think it was bad..there was a lot of emotion shown by the three main characters which I enjoyed.

Personally though, I feel that JIS was never gay but just "did his duty" to serve the King.

I think that too. He loves the queen and as for the king it was more like an admiration, imo. The day the king asked HL to do that with queen, he had himself to blame off.

I enjoyed the movie very much, but I thought those steam scenes was a bit overdone, though those scenes maybe were needed , but they didn't have to show that much.

The actors did a great job in this movie :D .

Thanks for the links guys :) .

Guest depgirlsg

I watched Sex is zero 2 but no memory at all of the movie. So it must be not a good movie. However, FF, I still think about it. I didn't know that SJH has a history to bare in movie. I only know her in Princess Hours and this was a surprise for me to see her in all the sex scences. (school girl -- now queen)

I don't like the ending also, it is a sad ending. I agree, I would like to see an alternative ending where I want to know what happens with the Hong lim's kid. There are various ways Yoo Ha could end the movie. He draws a suggestions that, after the dialogue where the Queen suggest Seung-ki( the sub chief) to "put the king out of his misery", there could be a way out for Hong Lim and Queen after the sub chief kills the King. However, if it's a happy ending, I guess it won't create a strong impression on audiences as it did. Also, what kind of future the queen and Hong Lim has when the bond between them has been sex mainly and now, he is... ehmmm.

I don't understand also why Hong lim looks at the King when he died. I don't think that last grasp of life is he loves the king but more like a question, why? Why the king do this? Because I think Hong lim loves the queen and whatever it was between him and the King is more like a seduction from the king. Since a kid, the King is always clear what he wants but Hong lim is an innocent kid, being "seduced" by a powerful king. Do you guys notice that whenever Hong Lim is with the king, he wears all the "gay" outfit? All this are from the king. I remember one scence, the king said, "the new clothes look good on you, we should order more". So the king treats Hong Lim as a "gay" object without taking into account what Hong Lim really wants.

Would love to see the movie with commentary from the director but I don't understand Korean language, so no point for me buying the DVD, I guess. Also, in the "Making of,..." I saw some scences which doesn't make to movie. I want to see those also.

really? u skipped thru some scenes? it wouldve been confusing if u did that, cuz then u dont get to realize the love connection between the three.

i thot that he did love the king, but when he fell in love with the queen, there was a struggle. however, he just had a stronger connection with the queen cuz it was kinda like a forbidden love. so u kno how couples who are in love, if they cant have one another, that makes them love even more...lol so yea, i thot he loved both of them.

ALSO!!!!

WHERE CAN I FIND THE SONG FOR THIS MOVIE???? THE ONE THAT THE KING SINGS? I LOVE THAT SONG! CANT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!

Oh, what I meant was I skipped through some of the sex scenes but I think I was able to get the main idea out of everything...it wasn't confusing for me.

I think that too. He loves the queen and as for the king it was more like an admiration, imo. The day the king asked HL to do that with queen, he had himself to blame off.

I enjoyed the movie very much, but I thought those steam scenes was a bit overdone, though those scenes maybe were needed , but they didn't have to show that much.

The actors did a great job in this movie :D .

Thanks for the links guys :) .

Glad to see someone else with similar opinions as me haha

The part where Hong Lim was lying in jail and the King comes to see him was so sad...even after all that happened the King still wants him back :( He's willing to give Hong Lim everything, even the country just so that they could go back again to their previous relationship.

I couldn't help thinking "Oh honey, you just had him castrated, you really think he'll want anything to do with you?" :huh:

Guest tchq90

This is my two cents about the translation of "sub-chief" --- I'd think the correct title should be "deputy chief" if you meant the second commander of a group or an organization.

Could someone please explain the meaning of the song that Joo Jin Mo sang?? How could it mean he is gay????

Guest hyorifan

I'm still looking for the OST, but I extracted the King's song from the movie for ya :D

I'm kinda confused about the meaning behind the lyrics of that song :huh: so he means that everybody knows he's gay?!

A man grabbed my wrist.

If word got out,

the song 'Ssanghwajum' was kind of a hit song during the Goryeo Dynasty which this film is set.

it was actually just a popular song about a decadent straight love (not gay love) in Goryeo.

but they rewrote the words in the movie.

i dont think that when hong lim looks at the king in the end meant that he was asking "why?"

i feel that it was more of a "sorry that i didn't listen to u." becuz the king gave him chances, but he didn't listen due to his anger. turning to look at the king and a tear falling down kinda showed that he was saying "sorry."

he was the one that the king trusted and cherished. he was the one always by the kings side and he shouldve known that the king loved him and that the king would never hurt him (except for the castration part, it was due to anger). so when he died and they showed the hunting scene in the fields, it was kinda like he will forever follow the king now.

A man grabbed my wrist.

If word got out,

do u have like the romanization of the song lyrics? i would like to know what he's singing.

Guest sp4078

I agree I have feeling that Hong Lim is never gay. He slept with the king because of his duty and I think he was confused about his sexuality before the queen. After all, he had lived in all boy environment and with the king stays constantly beside him.

Yeah, the bed scene is quite explicit, I was totally caught off guard. But I'm ok with it except the guy-guy actions I had to shut my eyes. Bravo to JIS and JJM. I think they must taking drugs to get in actions.

I don't think the story is bad, it's ... average. But the acting and directing make up for it. Worth watching.

Guest labobo93

I agree I have feeling that Hong Lim is never gay. He slept with the king because of his duty and I think he was confused about his sexuality before the queen. After all, he had lived in all boy environment and with the king stays constantly beside him.

Yeah, the bed scene is quite explicit, I was totally caught off guard. But I'm ok with it except the guy-guy actions I had to shut my eyes. Bravo to JIS and JJM. I think they must taking drugs to get in actions.

I don't think the story is bad, it's ... average. But the acting and directing make up for it. Worth watching.

I agree with everything you said, except the guy/guy part didn't bother me.

I was like O.O the whole time.

I was totally dying at the 69 part though xDD

Guest Ishida21

I have a question.

When the King and Hong Lim talk about the Queen's "perfume sachet" (in the English subtitles), I'm the only one who think it's not a "perfume sachet"? (By the way, what is really a perfume sachet?)

In the Korean subtitles it's "향갑" or "Hyanggap", and I think it's a locket or something like that just by looking at this. I already make some research with google but unfortunately without result. Anyone could tell me the best English translation of this jewelry?

(Yeah I know it's not that important even if it bother me a way too much :sweatingbullets:)

I have a question.

When the King and Hong Lim talk about the Queen's "perfume sachet" (in the English subtitles), I'm the only one who think it's not a "perfume sachet"? (By the way, what is really a perfume sachet?)

Hehe...a perfume sachet is potpourri in a small bag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potpourri

In ancient time...the girls usually give the guys one of those to carry with them. :)

In the movie...since it's for the queen...they made it more elaborate...but usually it's just a small bag made out of cloth.

If you look closely...it looks like a little purse with potpourri inside...giving out the scent.

luvsoompivs00200005.jpg

Guest Ishida21

As always, thank you so much Luv, you're a lifesaver :lol: . Even a small doubt/question tends to disturb me a LOT :sweatingbullets: .

(By the way, I'm pretty sure now that Jeong Hyang (Painter of the Wind) had one of this ornament too, but anyway... ^^)

Guest me_nnoccent

I think the film is AWSOME!!!!! very good plot, setting, and storyline. I really

love it because like most of the gay movie, it always end in tragedy. Too sad.

But i dont understand why the king cannot bring a hier to the throne?? Did the king

got his manhood cut off or what??? But from what i believe i think the king is Homo.

I mean how come the king doesnt have sex with queen???? She is open everynight.

wow i cant believe that the king's love for Honglin is very strong, but i think his love

is alittle out of control. I cant believe that he cut honglin's manhood so that he cannot

bed with another women and there for go back to the king.

anyway I felt that the guard was more trap in the king's love pool because the king is such

a greedy person. See, how come the king didnt tell the guard that he love him in the first

place untill the very end??? Because is it it alittle too late to show someone that

you love him/her when they already felt for someone els??

well for me, my anwser to the question.

why honglin take the last look at the king?

well, i felt that honglin was more regreting than those who think honglin really did love the king,

because i believe honglin finally realize that he was wrong, the queen never die, and

now he finally understand how much the king wants him back, how much

chances the king gave him, and how much love the king gave for him.

So he rather look at the king as a way of showing that he is sorry.

Guest onie80

i was waiting for that movie and i am absolutely not disappointed...i never watched any of JIS's movie but after that....he was great!!!

that's the best movie ever made for real....i'm so sad for the end

why honglin take the last look at the king?

well, i felt that honglin was more regreting than those who think honglin really did love the king,

because i believe honglin finally realize that he was wrong, the queen never die, and

now he finally understand how much the king wants him back, how much

chances the king gave him, and how much love the king gave for him.

So he rather look at the king as a way of showing that he is sorry.

this is exactly wat i was saying! i totally agree with you. i feel that he was sorry for not listening to the king. and the ending scene was to show that he will always be by the king's side now.

this is exactly wat i was saying! i totally agree with you. i feel that he was sorry for not listening to the king. and the ending scene was to show that he will always be by the king's side now.

I guess we interpret the movie quite different, that's fun how the movie give us different opinions too. But I couldn't agree the ending like what you said though. It's for me more a "why" and "he's more thankful for the King not killing the Queen".

I pity the King though and I think JMH deserves the award for his performance.'

Archived