• Writer: Ha Yu
  • Producer: Tae-heon Lee, Kyeong-ho Shin
  • Cinematographer: Hyeon-ki Choi
  • Release Date: December 30, 2008
  • Runtime: 133 min.
  • Distributor: Showbox/Mediaplex
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Under the pressure of the Yuan Kingdom, the King of Goryeo is pressured to produce a successor to the throne. But the king is in love with his loyal general Hong-lim. After seriously pondering the issue, the king asks his lover Hong-lim to sleep with the Queen, with unexpected consequences.

CAST

Jo InSung - Hong-rim

90px-Frozenflower-In-seong_Jo.jpg

Joo JinMo - King

90px-Frozenflower-Jin-mo_Ju.jpg

Song JiHyo - Queen

90px-Frozenflower-Ji-hyo_Song.jpg

Additional Cast Members:

• Ji-ho Shim
  • Ju-hwan Im - Han Baek
  • Min-woo No
  • Wook-hwan Yeo

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally Jo Insung's new movie since Dirty Carnival!!

Ooh..this looks interesting...gay characters.. ;)

Joo Jinmo and Jo Insung are such established actors..

Really looking forward to watch this!

SsangHwa Store is a historic period movie that will take place in Goguryeo. This movie is going to show a dangerous love and betrayal between the Goguryeo King, HongRim, a member of the Royal Bodyguards which is composed of 36 handsome guys, and Goguryeo's beautiful Queen.

Joo JinMo will play the young charismatic Goguryeo King and Jo Insung will play the bodyguard, HongRim who is favored by the King. Both of them will play a gay character.

This movie is expected to come out in Spring of 2008.

thanks for the thread .

seriously i am still trying to adjust to the plot of JJM and JIS being gay partners in one movie

and now there 36 handsome man in his royal bodyguard ! .shall wait to see how this movie turn out ..i

Guest yum yum dimsum

and now there 36 handsome man in his royal bodyguard ! .shall wait to see how this movie turn out ..i

well hopefully it wont turn out looking like a Mardi Gras float... (like the movie '300') :unsure:

but this looks promising

Guest huangsy

Why dont u use the current English title of "Frozen Flower", else other fans wud have hard time locating this post ? Check up the title which was 1st mentioned, I think, in Jo In Sung's thread and credit whoever.

Guest lovelyNa

wuaaah~

finally a thread for JIS' new movie

thanks *SANBI*

a gay issue is a rare theme for korean movie.. it'll make it through

salute for Director Yoo Ha

plus it says there will be a bed scene between the men :w00t:

and from the insung's schedule the movie is on preparing

2007-12-03~2007-12-09 영화 <쌍화점> 촬영준비

so curious to know who will be the queen

news on empas, i think it says Jo in sung and Joo jin mo, Korean's Brokeback mountain?

1064950321206bc001rv6.th.jpg

조인성과 주진모, 한국의 '브로크백 마운틴?'

조인성과 주진모가 새 영화 ‘쌍화점’(유하 감독)에 동성애자 커플로 출연한다는 소식이 전해지면서. 지난해 많은 화제를 블러일으켰던 ‘브로크백 마운틴’의 히스 레저와 제이크 질렌할처럼 격정적이면서도 순애보적인 사랑을 펼칠 ‘꽃미남 듀오’의 등장 여부에 영화팬들의 호기심이 커져가고 있다.

남성들끼리의 동성애 혹은 동성애 코드를 본격적으로 그렸던 한국형 퀴어 무비(Queer Movie·동성애를 다룬 영화)는 이제까지 몇 편 되지 않는다. 황정민·정찬 주연의 ‘로드무비’와 감우성·이준기 주연의 ‘왕의 남자’. 이한·이영훈 주연의 ‘후회하지 않아’ 등이 거의 전부다. 이 가운데 파격적인 수위의 동성 베드신을 삽입해 충격을 안겨줬던 작품들로는 ‘로드무비’와 ‘후회하지 않아’가 있는데. 두 편 모두 ‘브로크백 마운틴’만큼이나 남성 동성애자들의 육체적 사랑을 가감없이 표현해 눈길을 모았다.

그러나 ‘로드무비’와 ‘후회하지 않아’가 ‘브로크백 마운틴’과 다른 점은 출연진의 지명도 차이다. 지금은 톱스타로 우뚝섰지만 ‘로드무비’에 출연했을 지난 2002년 당시의 황정민은 그저 가능성이 엿보이는 새내기 연기자에 불과했다. 저예산 영화인 ‘후회하지 않아’의 남자 주인공들도 마찬가지. 반면 ‘브로크백 마운틴’의 레저와 질렌할은 할리우드에서 손꼽히는 꽃미남이자 매력남들로. 전 세계가 이들의 동성애자 변신 연기에 깜짝 놀란 이유다.

국내 꽃미남 배우 계보에서 둘째 가라면 서러울 조인성과 주진모가 합작할 동성 정사신에 벌써부터 관심이 쏠리고 있는 현상은 ‘브로크백 마운틴’이 공개됐을 때와 흡사해 보인다. 매력적인 외모의 남성 톱스타들이 극중에서 어떤 방식으로 ‘금단의 사랑’을 나눌 지가 세간의 가장 큰 관심거리인 것이다. 한 영화계 관계자는 “‘쌍화점’이 고려 시대를 배경으로 한 사극이란 점에서 이들의 정사 장면 수위를 쉽게 가늠할 수 없다”면서도 “영화속 시대적 배경인 고려 시대가 성적으로 매우 개방됐던 시기였던 것을 감안한다면 의외로 적나라한 수위의 애정신이 나올 지도 모른다”고 관측했다.

조성준기자 when@

Guest kmoviekpop

Korean Actors Jo In-Sung & Joo Jin-Mo Coming Out?

Korean actor and heartthrob Jo In-Sung will join hands once again with director Yu Han in an epic movie titled, "Frozen Flower", set at the final period of the Koryo kingdom (918-1392). Jo and Yu last worked together in 2006 "A Dirty Carnival", which won Jo the lead male actor award at the 2006 Korean Film Awards.

Jo had many options for his last work before his compulsory military service, but he turned down numerous offers for movie and drama appearances to take on the role in "Frozen Flower". Director Yu has been widely acclaimed by moviegoers and critics alike for bringing out violence and collectivity from deep within the human soul, as well as for his provocative view on conventional ideas. His movies include "Crazy Marriage" in 2001, "Spirit of Jeet Keun Do: Once Upon a Time in High School" in 2004 and "A Dirty Carnival" in 2006.

"Frozen Flower" is an original piece based on a true story of Koryo era. It revolves around love and betrayal among Koryo king, 36 royal bodyguards composed of young/handsome warriors called 'Gunryongwi' and a beautiful queen from Yuan kingdom. Jo In-Sung plays ‘Hong-Lim', the commander of 'Gunryongwi' who gets special 'affection’ from the king.

To partner Jo In-Sung in the film, hot hunk actor, Joo Jin Mo has been casted to play a young charismatic Koryo king who falls in love with Hong-Lim. Actor Joo Jin-Mo came to fame after movies like "Musa: The Warrior", "200 Pounds Beauty" and "Love/Sarang".

The representative of the movie pointed out that, "Frozen Flower" will become the first Korean movie to deal with homosexuality upfront” and “although previously, "King’s Man" and other similar projects dealt with homosexuality, they were based on more of compassion, but this movie will portray homosexuality through the two main characters’ affectionate love. Critics however say that there are Korean movies that already dealt with homosexuality upfront such as "Road movie", "No Regret", and etc.

Also future bed scene between the two actors is making a headline. Especially, due to the fact that the director Yu has been known for racy sex scenes in his "Crazy Marriage".

Jo In-Sung has been preparing for the role as a warrior since past months by taking up lessons for horseback riding, martial arts, and the geomungo.

Credit: Koreanpopworld

well hopefully it wont turn out looking like a Mardi Gras float... (like the movie '300') :unsure:

but this looks promising

lol 300* ..i should hope not . this movie is sinfully exciting ^^ ..

from what i know the korean title of this movie "쌍화점" comes from a folktale during the Goguryeo period .so i wondered what does that folktale sings of ? ..and which king is JJM playing the role of ? ..hmmm..

The representative of the movie pointed out that, "Frozen Flower" will become the first Korean movie to deal with homosexuality upfront” and “although previously, "King’s Man" and other similar projects dealt with homosexuality, they were based on more of compassion, but this movie will portray homosexuality through the two main characters’ affectionate love. Critics however say that there are Korean movies that already dealt with homosexuality upfront such as "Road movie", "No Regret", and etc.

ya they cant really claim it as a first to deal with homsexuality ..Bungee Jumping of their own touches on it briefy ..Road movie is another classic example and i thought it was a brilliant movie of love between two men ..but nevertheless . i think Dir Yoo Ha should be able to deliver a movie of his own style

as for intimate scenes ..i rem ..Marriage is a Crazy Thing .. i am curious how far Dir Yoo Ha will go to demonstrate the love between the two men .

Guest nana585

Great! a thread for this upcoming movie.

Korean Actors Jo In-Sung & Joo Jin-Mo Coming Out?

Also future bed scene between the two actors is making a headline. Especially, due to the fact that the director Yu has been known for racy sex scenes in his "Crazy Marriage".

Jo In-Sung has been preparing for the role as a warrior since past months by taking up lessons for horseback riding, martial arts, and the geomungo.

Credit: Koreanpopworld

Thanks, kmoviekpop, for the report & youtube link! Very informative.

OOh GOSH! A bed scene betw the two gorgeous guys! mama mia! my imagination is now running wild..... :sweatingbullets: Just hope it will be subtle & tastefully done.

Although the gay theme is not my cup of tea, but then again when it come to gorgeous JOO JIN MO, I might lay aside my prejudice.

Any clue as to who will be the female lead?

Look forward to more reports & perhaps interview with the 2 hotties in regard to their co-operation.

Guest clarabelle

:sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: i am sweating now tremendously for this movie...

i only hope for the best ... and looking forward for a splendid performance from the two actors! ***sigh***

• 2 weeks later...

Was waiting for this thread..thanks.

I think Ju JinMo will make a hot king and Jo InSung..wow..can't wait to see them in the period robes, daring bedscenes and all..absolutely terrific!! :rolleyes:

Guest nana585

Following translated from a Baidu chinese website source:

Frozen Flowers

Many famous actresses and their managing companies have expressed great interest to work in this movie. The movie company intends to select a famous and talented actress to act as the Queen.

"Frozen Flowers" is about Goguryeo King (JJM) and his favourite imperial guard, Hongrim (JIS) homosexuality love affair. The 2 main leading male actors JJM & JIS have already been casted with the female lead still lacking.

Due director Yoo Hai's previous works like "Crazy Marriage", "Spirit of Jeet Keun Do" & "Dirty Carnival" which were well received, his new movie together with 2 popular and uprising stars, attracts enormous attention.

In order to build the Goguryeo period palace for this movie, the production cost will be very high and 3 major companies (CJ, Showbox & Lotte) are keen to invest and one of these three will be given the investment rights.

Based on the original script, in order to portray the love affairs, jealousy, hatred betw the King, Hongrim & Queen, there will be three to four bedscenes and the actors will have to take into consideration the extent of their performances.

The script will be continuously revised and therefore it is difficult to come to a final conclusion and the movie company is worried that any early exposure will result in some actors' decisions to drop out of the movie.

As it is, many well-known actresses have expressed keen interest and are waiting to be selected as the Queen because the role is very challenging with great potential and opportunity to step into the international arena.

The movie company had indicated that the role require the talents to sing & play the guzhen, and the actress who is able to perform stands a very good chance to clinch to deal.

Guest SweetSerein

omg..korean broke back mountain..that sounds freaken hott..they're both sooo freaken hott looking too..wow..cant wait for this!!! :D

Archived