[Movie 2008] A Frozen Flower 쌍화점

s@nbi

Guest Airam

I love this movie. JIS is a great and incredible good actor. I love him more and more. JIS character is the most difficult I guess. He had all emotional roles like, loyalty, the thing between him and the king, the thing between him and the queen, hate, sorrow, the curiosity, hunger to die (and have done everything to die), the paint that he had lost his masculine part and many more. I feel so pity for him, the only thing he don't know and ever had is happiness (only in the kings side and idea). I think that all the sex scenes is to show how fascinated he had for a woman and the exist of a woman. Also to show that he also was a man, and have these kind lust. I don't think it will have the same effect if the movie was without sex scenes. The fascinated and pure mind from the character Hong Rim will never exist. I think the movie has a lot of message. Many sides and stories. I also think that many actor and actress are impress and inspired for this movie. The acting that not all actor and actress can.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest missglasses

Thanks for the youtube links...

but, reading the previous comments, suddenly I have to think twice to watch it.

Are there many nude scenes? Really nude scenes?

How nude are they? did they show (sorry) genital areas?

Watch it or noooooot? but I want to watch this Song Ji Hyo's movieee!

describe the movie pleasee, gomawo ~_~"

Guest selvaspeedy

So now everybody has watched it with Eng sub, what do you guys think?
I think it's much better to watch it with English subs, and I really enjoyed watching it now more than before ^^

Are there many nude scenes? Really nude scenes?

How nude are they? did they show (sorry) genital areas?

Watch it or noooooot? but I want to watch this Song Ji Hyo's movieee!

Yes, lot of nudity :P we're not exaggerating at all! I thought I would find the sex scenes here in my 2nd watch less shocking than the 1st time, but they still shocked me! they were so revealing and I think they didn't have to be that revealing :huh:

no we didn't see their private areas, but we saw their bottoms :P

now, some of my rambling lol and yes there are some spoilers in it, so read at your own risk :P

(if you took these caps outside soompi, please credit me! thanks ^^ )

so basically the King has been married to the Queen for 10 years (?) and he didn't even touch her :huh: so I kinda understand why she has been that eager to explore the intimacy with Hong Lim.

the King broke my heart in this scene (when he was hearing Hong Lim and the Queen together, and then went and saw them together >.<)

pdvd008kxk.jpg

pdvd010q.jpg

pdvd011l.jpg

pdvd012b.jpg

pdvd014u.jpg

after the 2nd night with the Queen, the King asked Hong Lim: "How does it feel to be a man?!" :P lol that was so funny IMO so I don't really know what did the King mean? was he being sarcastic or did he want to hear Hong Lim saying that that night didn't mean anything to him?!

and then again he asked him: "How does it feel to hold a woman in your arms?!"

The King followed Hong Lim to that city cause he was worried about him and kept asking about him all the time :(

see how he's looking at him with love in his eyes :(

pdvd015p.jpg

pdvd016pzl.jpg

and there was tears in Hong Lim's eyes when he saw that the King worried about him! he felt guilty that all that time he has been thinking about the Queen while the King is worried about him!

pdvd018o.jpg

pdvd019f.jpg

so I think he hugged him here to convince himself that he's the same Hong Lim who used to love the King! but he's still thinking about the Queen!

after that, the King asked his minister to bring some honeysuckle tea for the queen cause it lowers the fever (Hong Lim gave him that when he was sick), but then the minister said that Hong Lim already took some honeysuckle tea for the Queen! my poor King who thought that Hong Lim doesn't even care about the Queen and thought that the honeysuckle tea was something special for him from Hong Lim! I dunno that scene was so sad for me :(

I felt really sorry for the three of them; the King, Hong Lim and the Queen! the Queen started caring for Hong Lim cause he gave her what she's been looking for! he loved her! and the poor King loved Hong Lim too so deeply! he felt that after Hong Lim spent the nights with the Queen, he lost him! he started bringing him gifts and new clothes so they can be like they used to before :( also Hong Lim! he didn't love the King, but he definitely loved the Queen and what he felt toward the King was only admiration!

and OMG this scene totally broke my heart :tears: the King brought a very pretty horse for Hong Lim as a gift... that horse was even better than his! and he waited the whole day for Hong Lim to come and see it, but Hong Lim was with the Queen SERVING HER :tears:

pdvd031f.jpg

pdvd033w.jpg

pdvd029z.jpg

pdvd030j.jpg

then came that stupid sub-chief Seung-Ki and said that he want to serve the King tonight :blink: wth?! do you think the King favors whoever he sleeps with?! :crazy: I hate this guy, seriously!!!

pdvd039u.jpg

I also liked this scene (the King is so smart! and very angry too!!!)

pdvd040x.jpg

pdvd041i.jpg

pdvd042.jpg

pdvd043v.jpg

pdvd044f.jpg

pdvd045a.jpg

and then this scene was WOW!!! the King is really jealous lol and he want the Queen to suffer and be humilated like that!!!

pdvd052.jpg

pdvd050l.jpg

pdvd053.jpg

pdvd055.jpg

pdvd056p.jpg

pdvd057.jpg

I think Hong Lim was so stupid to say that he loves the Queen in front of the King and immediately after catching them fooling around in the library <_< why did he say that?!! he knows the King loves him, so he should think first and consider what he will do to either him or the Queen later :mellow: what Hong Lim said was what triggered the King to do what he did!

pdvd064.jpg

pdvd066e.jpg

pdvd067n.jpg

pdvd068.jpg

pdvd069.jpg

and in the last scene when Hong Lim said that he never loved the King, I think he meant it! after falling in love with the Queen, I think he realized that what he felt toward the King was NOT love but admiration or whatever :(

I love this painting a lot ^^

pdvd058a.jpg

I think it has some sort of a hint! the King drew himself holding a bow while Hong Lim isn't! maybe he wanted to feel that he's the one who's protecting Hong Lim! I dunno!

after he changed the painting:

pdvd070n.jpg

pdvd072.jpg

pdvd071.jpg

I really like this movie ^_^

Guest depgirlsg

I agree that the King plays very well, then Hong Lim is next and the Queen is good also, but she is over shadow by two powerful actors. Her acting is at best in the 1st nite and 2nd nite. Her facial expression is really good, you can read how the Queen felt. I think it is neccessary to show those sex scences since it shows the transition of feeling between them.

I'm in a rush. Will write more when I get back from my holiday.

Guest shaldane

i m Downloading .

Thank you so so so much for mega links .... 4lqqtqv.gif

How to download please? Can't decipher the 4 character image. :huh:

Guest Lanigirl

Aloha!

Thank you for the mega links! I am downloading now and can't wait for it to finish.

Thank you , Thank you for the links!!!! :D

Guest missglasses

gosh, I'm watching it now, and...

Gosh, this is the first time I watch as 'much' as in this movie... I feel queasy :blush:

I can't believe SJH did that, aarrghh

but really, I like its plot ;)

Guest the_zenith

How to download please? Can't decipher the 4 character image. :huh:

15708269.jpg

This is an example.

These 4 characters will be randomly given.

If it's difficult to specify, you can refresh the page and the new 4 characters will be given

I finished download from mega links.

The quality is good. :D

Thanks so much.

Guest hee_chully

i managed to download the films with subs and at the end where hong lim denies loving the king i dont believe him, he may not feel love for him in that moment but he did as a young man who was favoured and who shared his bed and was well taken care off and you cnat mistake the passion and love in his eyes when hes in bed with the king, all the other sex scenes were all lust filled, during those moments i think he felt love for the king i think the queen was selfish and hong lim became blinded by lust and may have mistaken all the passion for love in the heat of the moment i think the longer she tempted him and the more she seduced him the more confused he became she then through her own actions caused the king to make rash decisions and in doing so turned hong lim against him , i blame her for what evenntually happened but i think hong lims death scene is symbolic because as they drag her off he turns away from her and the last thing he sees in life is the king the man he knows hes wronged the man he KNOWS he loved and at the end when you see the kings dream i think thats symbolic that they finally found peace together in paradise.

well thats my interpretation and how i see the film XD

Guest agasshiseben

thanks hyorifan for the yt links & selvaspeedy for the wonderful review and screen caps...luv ya guys...:D

finally i've finished watching it and i must say the 3 main casts were absolutely outstanding...but i'm still in shocked (major ones!) of the sex scenes which i felt they should tone it a bit...nevertheless, overall it's a great movie and i really enjoyed it! two thumbs up to the production team and casts members...:P

Guest pretty_wuvwee

I would like to give credit to the people who uploaded in megaupload! Thanks a lot guys! My sister and I had so much fun watching it in really good quality...not to mention, excellent subbing! Thanks a lot! ^^

And I loved the movie. It's so nice to see something so controversial being portrayed by really 2 hot actors! ^^

And I don't think that Hong Lim never loved the King! Seriously! Didn't you notice near the end... when Hong Lim turned towards the King (with all his might) just to see him before he died? I think that at that time when the King asked Hong Lim if he ever loved him and he said NO, not even once...He said that out of pure anger...because he thought that the Queen was dead. [Remember that scene where HL saw one beheaded head with the sachet thing?] He thought that the Queen was already dead, and so he wanted to kill the King for it. And I believe that you can love not only one person. I believe that HL loved both the King and the Queen.

Besides, the movie was all about HL and the King for goodness sake. Even the title and the OST/song of the movie spoke about "gay" matters. And even the ending is very significant. Even in heaven, they are riding together...together forever. ^^

Although there were a LOT of sex scenes that sometimes it was kinda disturbing. But I guess, over all...the steamy scenes were needed somewhat. ^^

I loved this movie though...and I sure am very happy that finally I have seen every bit of it! Wheeee!!!!

----> I definitely think that the best love scene was between JIS and JJM! =p

----> REQUEST!!!! Can anyone please give me the Han Geul version of Jo In Sung's famous line? That time when he said in english, Why did you choose me? Please2x.... Thanks in advance for your answer! ^^

Guest binbirgece

Although there were a LOT of sex scenes that sometimes it was kinda disturbing. But I guess, over all...the steamy scenes were needed somewhat. ^^

yess, i agree. : )

Anyhow - i really liked the movie. The actors/ actresses did a great job. The end was sad.. I hoped for another end. I liked the King/ Hong Lim pairing. Their 'love' seemed so innocent.

This dialogue was one of the saddest.

King: Let me ask you one thing.

Have you, at least once ... felt love for me?

Have you ... even once ... thought me to be your love?

Hong Lim: No, sire. Not even once.

I thought he somehow loved the king. At least in the beginning.

But like earlier said, it was just 'admiration'!??

Did Hong Lim turned his head towards the king at the end (in the dying-scene), because he admired him, or loved him, but couldn't tell him?!

I didn't get it.. or it's just I can't accept the truth. I really wished he'd love him. xD

Can anyone tell me what the actor's name is, who played the young king? : )

btw. I hope the OST will release soon. I liked the song which was sung by the King.

Guest selvaspeedy

in my opinion, the reason why Hong Lim looked at the King before he dies is to look at the man who made him suffer like that! like some sort of blaming! now the two of them died because the King faked the Queen's death so that Hong Lim would come and face him, which eventually led them both to their death.

Hong Lim thought what he felt toward the King was love, but then he loved the Queen and knew what the true love means and how it feels and that what he felt toward the King wasn't love but maybe admiration or fancy or whatever! That's how I see it :P

but even after I said that, I'm not 100% sure that he never loved the King! I'm still doubting, but I'm leaning more toward the idea that he did NOT love the King!

I agree that the King plays very well, then Hong Lim is next and the Queen is good also, but she is over shadow by two powerful actors. Her acting is at best in the 1st nite and 2nd nite. Her facial expression is really good, you can read how the Queen felt. I think it is neccessary to show those sex scences since it shows the transition of feeling between them.

I'm in a rush. Will write more when I get back from my holiday.

In Korea, it is not easy to find a mainstream actress willing to bare her body, simulate sexual passion take after take without diving into sleaziness and then, when fully clothed, be able to pull off a range of mixed emotional expressions. The last time I watched Song Ji Hyo was in another movie Sex Is Zero 2 so I know she pulls no punches when it comes to screen nudity. But she really surprised me in this movie with her acting skills and she was able to hold her own, pitted against the two hot male leads.

In her earlier films like Happy End (1999), Jeon Do Yeon too had to bare her body and engage in hot simulated sex scenes. Look how far she has come. I do hope that future roles for Song Ji Hyo will not depend so much on baring her skin and more on her acting chops.

To be fair, this movie's screenplay was one of the best to come out from Korea. Other than the tongue dancing between JIS and JJM, the not-so-usual love triangle relationship that contained elements of lust, duty, scandal and true love, the demanding action sequences and the lush colors of the night court banquet scenes complete with dancers and authentic court musicians, and inner court politics/intrigues: all these were held by a tight plot and well-timed pacing. In the hands of another less capable director, this film might have sunk into a sleazy court drama involving a homosexual guard cum toy boy for the king-turned-heterosexual toy boy for the queen-turned avenging eunuch lover. I don't think we'll see another movie, in Korea or elsewhere, where the male lead loses not only his life, but also his two lovers (male and female), his trusted followers (Han Baek and 3 others who were beheaded) and even his private parts. Full marks to the director/writer Yoo Ha for pushing the boundaries of story-telling and emasculating the male lead character. Didn't you feel JIS' pain?

I would have preferred (and it's just my own take) that in his rage at discovering the copulating couple at the library, the king himself should have cut off his lover's sexual organs, instead of shouting at the sub-chief to do so. A castrated man moreover shouldn't be so quicky rejuvenated and be able to fight and slash his way, all the way to the king's chambers. Yeah, I know I'm being picky here about the timeline but I guess the film mustn't drag on since it's already lengthy as it is.

Speaking about being picky, I would have envisioned (just for fun) an alternative ending, other than going back to the past (the good ole days when they were just innocent boys) and then zooming out from the painting. How about fast forwarding and showing what became of the queen's fatherless child? Those who knew the true father's identity had already been slaughtered, except for the sub chief, so in the eyes of the Goryeo and the overlord Yuan royalty, the child is supposed to be the rightful heir? Unless the child turns out to be a girl? Hmm...

Still, let's not take anything away...this film is one of my all-time favourites and JJM fully deserved his Best Actor award at Baeksang. His self-controlled raging stares and calm speaking in a low voice brings back memories of Al Pacino in the Godfather series. I can really watch Frozen Flower a few more times.

in my opinion, the reason why Hong Lim looked at the King before he dies is to look at the man who made him suffer like that! like some sort of blaming! now the two of them died because the King faked the Queen's death so that Hong Lim would come and face him, which eventually led them both to their death.

Hong Lim thought what he felt toward the King was love, but then he loved the Queen and knew what the true love means and how it feels and that what he felt toward the King wasn't love but maybe admiration or fancy or whatever! That's how I see it :P

but even after I said that, I'm not 100% sure that he never loved the King! I'm still doubting, but I'm leaning more toward the idea that he did NOT love the King!

actually i thot differently. when he turned towards the king, i felt it was like a realization and a way to show that he does love the king. i think that he does love the king, and that he only said no out of anger becuz he thot the king killed the queen

Overall, the movie was very explicit..I found myself skipping through a lot of the scenes.

However, I don't think it was bad..there was a lot of emotion shown by the three main characters which I enjoyed.

Personally though, I feel that JIS was never gay but just "did his duty" to serve the King.

Overall, the movie was very explicit..I found myself skipping through a lot of the scenes.

However, I don't think it was bad..there was a lot of emotion shown by the three main characters which I enjoyed.

Personally though, I feel that JIS was never gay but just "did his duty" to serve the King.

really? u skipped thru some scenes? it wouldve been confusing if u did that, cuz then u dont get to realize the love connection between the three.

i thot that he did love the king, but when he fell in love with the queen, there was a struggle. however, he just had a stronger connection with the queen cuz it was kinda like a forbidden love. so u kno how couples who are in love, if they cant have one another, that makes them love even more...lol so yea, i thot he loved both of them.

ALSO!!!!

WHERE CAN I FIND THE SONG FOR THIS MOVIE???? THE ONE THAT THE KING SINGS? I LOVE THAT SONG! CANT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!

Archived