Minwoo & Hyesung * Cancel Mkmf Appearances

Guest Aromati97

Guest amyliaz

In my opinion, I'm glad Minwoo pulled out. It's true all the artist nominated worked their @sses of trying to make a great impact in the music industry, but I just find it unfair to not give the award to someone who truly deserves it. Truth be told, it's not unprofessional to pull out of something you don't believe in

What you said nicely sums up what I want to say. (:

And I think someone already posted about Min Woo asking JYP about it before going ahead and cancelling so yeah. I don't think it's unprofessional at all. And he didn't cancel out because he was not winning any awards, which is what someone commented earlier. I think Shinhwa doesn't need awards to prove themselves. Not at this stage anyway. 10 years. That already speaks for itself. (:

All this MKMF drama. Mann.

I feel quite sad for those artistes who won awards and are getting bashed. It's not their fault. It's MKMF. :(

Sigh. It's the same thing every year.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkanqelxp

i think MKMF's awards are literally just bought by companies like SM, but i also think it was unprofessional as a music artist to cancel on a show last minute.

Guest marimer

I think it doesn't matter whether the artist win awards or not coz as long as their fans believe in their credibility and support them, then that's all that matters. And yes pulling out suddenly WAS a bit unprofessional (slaps mouth. haha..) but I guess they're standing up for what they feel is right..

Let's just see how many of these bands will last for as long as Shinhwa did.. (9 years? 10?) Hahaha.. THEN we'll talk.

I thought that myself that Minwoo should've just performed...he did commit after all. But after reading reasons behind why he withdrew his performance I now understand. Minwoo was definitely the winner but MKMF's management decided to give it to someone else. I think that's more unprofessional.

MKMF did not take into account all the fans that took their time to vote everyday religiously for their favorite. They just felt like giving it to someone else and so they did. If that is so, then they shouldn't have opened it for online voting at all.

Another thing is that all six men were nominated but not all of them got invites for the event? Isn't it that nominees for awards should be given invites...its basic courtesy.

Six men in one group...staying together for almost 10 years...they are pillars in the Korean music industry...and yet they were not treated with much dignity. They have made a name and that name spreads wide across Asia, the US, Europe and the rest of the world...they deserve more than what they got. RESPECT is the word.

Guest V-ni@star

many member here hate this year mkmf

first is anyband didnt perform last night

then some of the artists dont deserve the award

now this problem is coming out

hope next year will be better

DO NOT BRING OUT WITHOUT PROPER CREDITS

[07.11.19][notice] GoodEMG's standpoint towards MKMF

Hello everyone, this is GoodEMG.

Firstly, with regards to Shin Hyesung's absence at the MNet/KM Music Festival held at Jamshil Indoor Stadium on the 17th, many people have expressed concern as well as consolation. We truly thank everyone for this.

Also, to all the fans who showed their support via the online voting and who were expecting Hyesung's performance, we once again express our deepest apologies. And to all the questions that fans had asked, we were very late with our replies, we apologise for this as well.

We sincerely congratulate all the winners of the MKMF Awards, and also to all the fans whose favourite singers and groups. Our standpoint is not to slander these winners, but we would like to get the correct understanding of the awards system. We hope for everyone's kind understanding on this matter.

An awards ceremony should be a celebration for artistes who have worked hard on stage for the whole year and for the fans who support them; it should be a happy occasion for artistes, who have put in all their efforts, where their work is recognized through applause and well wishes. This is our opinion.

Thus, this is not because of any personal issues between our company and the relevant personnel, but it's becuase we want to reach an understanding with the organizers with regards to the results and avoid hurting any innocent victims. We feel that we have the responsibility and duty to ensure that fair judging standards are in place so that the people who have worked hard for the whole year are fairly rewarded.

However, with regards to the MKMF awards this year, the judging methods and criteria, and the final results seem to be very confusing. With regards to these doubts, we sincerely hope that the organizers can step up and make a responsible clarification, and give all the artistes an awards ceremony that they can concur on and justify.

We are worried that everyone will misunderstand that we are only questioning the standards because we didn't win the awards.

Nevertheless, we have gone ahead to reflect our views towards the judging criteria and standards of the MKMF awards in many discussions and reports. This is because this has greatly hurt Shin Hyesung, who has put in his all for the past year. We can understand his frustration and grievances, therefore we have picked up courage to say all these.

A certain media report has pointed out that, for the Netizen Popularity Awards which is purely decided by the online votes, the final results showed that Shin Hyesung won the online poll with 28.1% of the votes, but he was not given the award.

If the MKMF organizers are saying that absentees will not be given awards, how do they then explain Shinhwa's Overseas Viewers Award and Ivy's Best Solo Female Singer Award? Because the MKMF organizers had earlier expressed that if Ivy was chosen as the winner, she would still be given the award even if she wasn't present.

In addition, what happened to the Auction Style Award that Lee Minwoo was very likely to win? As everyone knows, that award was not given out at all. Could it be that the organizers cancelled the award on the day itself? If so, how are you going to account to all the netizens who voted in this poll?

In particular for the other awards, Shin Hyesung was also nominated for five other awards such as Best Male Singer and Best Ballad. We can easily see the results of the online voting on the MKMF official website that he was ranked #1.

With regards to this, MKMF organizers said that the the judging criteria is as follows: public voting (20%), professional panel of judges (20%), professional research institutes (20%), album sales (10%), integrated digital chart (20%), and a panel made up of MNet and KM producers (10%). From here, we can see that the objective criteria would be album sales and public voting. We are confident to say that Shin Hyesung definitely does not lag behind the other winnders on the integrated digital chart, thus we find it very difficult to agree with MKMF's judging criteria. We believe that MKMF organizers need to disclose the relevant data on this.

Before this, the statistics of the integrated digital chart was also questioned in a certain report. Are the figures are calculated according to Mnet.com's own standards or did they take into account the sales from major online music retailers such as Bugs, Soribada, Melon? This leaves us all with many doubts.

Perhaps, Mnet.com has calculated the figures based on their own guidelines, if so, isn't that the cause of all the doubts surrounding the fairness of the system?

Moreover, we are unable to objectively ascertain the decisions of the professional research institutes, the professional panel of judges and the producers panel. We also can't ascertain how the final winners were finally selected. If these are indeed the standards which MKMF organizers used to decide the winners, they will need to disclose the relevant information.

If MKMF organizers can prove that the results are based on standards that we find acceptable, and give a reasonable clarification that the results are indeed what we and the fans find fair and correct, we will acknowledge those results and make an apology. However, if everyone finds the criteria questionable, we urge the MKMF organizers to make an apology and give out the awards more fairly.

Lastly, some news reports have reported "sudden cancellations just before MKMF awards ceremony",we have to let everyone know that this is absolutely untrue.

Initially, though we were nominated for five awards including Best Male Singer and Best Ballad, MKMF organizers did not send out official invitations to us, thus we couldn't announce any notice of participation in the MKMF awards ceremony. The reports, which said that Shin Hyesung wanted to sabotage the event by only announcing his non-participation one hour before the event, are totally untrue. This we need to let everyone know.

We have stood up to the television stations with our little voices of protests, and in order not to let the situation worsen, we hope that everyone who loves Shin Hyesung, loves music can give us all your attention and support. If we don't resolve the issues this time round, the awards ceremony next year will still suffer from credibility issues, resulting in some artistes becoming innocent victims. There will still be artistes who are upset with these unacceptable standards, thus we are saying this to everyone from the bottom of our hearts.

Also, although there may be some difficult situations arising from this incident, GoodEMG and Shin Hyesung will push forward with the 2nd album and Shinhwa's activities. We will show everyone how hard we work. Most importantly, we want to express our deepest apologies to the confused fans and affected parties. In order to present a even better image to everyone, we promise to work even harder.

Credits: GOODEMG (Source), 打糕@shinhwachina (Chi trans), midnightgirl13 @shinhwa.biz (Eng trans) + shinhwa.biz/forums

--------------------------

[07.11.19][news] Open World: MKMF results show difference in #1 and award winner

"Winning the award or not, that is not the problem."

With regards to Lee Minwoo's absence and other related issues from the 2007 Mnet Km Music Festival, his management company has made their stand clear via a press release.

A representative from Lee Minwoo's management company Open World Entertainment, Jang Hee Woo made these comments in an interview at Imperial Palace Hotel in Seoul's Nonhyun-dong.

Open World expressed that the crux of the problem lies within the questionable judging standards when selecting the award winner. This is especially so, after Open World received the relevant data for the award winner selection from MKMF officials.

Today, Open World Entertainment said, "Today we received the data from MKMF and after analyzing the results of the data, the #1 rank holder and the eventual winner for the Dance category are different."

According to the data, "After the consolidation of the objective elements such as internet downloads and album sales, Lee Minwoo was ranked #1, Super Junior at #2, Ivy at #3 and CSJH The Grace at #4. However, after taking into account MNet's broadcast frequency, surveys of music interests and other subjective elements, the ranking was reversed."

And looking at the data, CSJH The Grace, the winner of the Dance Award, wasn't ranked at #1.

Representative Jang said, "Today we received the details of the winners, and we asked for the reason why he didn't appear on the list of winners even though he ranked #1 on all the objective criteria. We were told that this was a management decision."

After this, Rep Jang expressed his regrets, "If Lee Minwoo was hung up over the award, he wouldn't have gone on with the preparations for the performance. He went ahead with the rehearsal and specially made arrangements to borrow a car for the red carpet event, but he didn't expect the winners list to be changed thus it was hard for him to hide his displeasure. If we were to proceed as planned, even if he didn't win the award he should have been standing on stage anyway. They didn't stick to this plan."

Originally slated for a performance at the MKMF awards on 17th Nov, Lee Minwoo completed all the rehearsals but did not participate in the end.

Credits: OCEAN (Source), 东升西落@BestShinhwa (Chi trans), midnightgirl13 @shinhwa.biz (Eng trans) + shinhwa.biz/forums

-----

I changed the credits a little, hope you don’t mind Su :)

What the hell.

I KLASDJFHID GHOIDSAYUF PIOSAUTDF

I just tyyped htis whole thing but fuuuuuuucccccckiinngggggg.

EURGH.

Anyway, I was just saying how I really disliked how shinie and lilshinhwafreak classified me and automatically assumed that I thought of the boys as "arrogant idiots" or that I was an anti-fan of them, and also the fact that I thought of them as singers that deserve to be disrespected etc. etc.

I don't recall saying ANYTHING about those comments, NOR did I even bash them to any extent, or even intend to make it seem like I thought of them like that.

What's with your tones, guys? I was merely stating my opinion, I really don't like how lilshinhwafreak talked to me in that tone. I'm really offended, and I'd appreciate if you wouldn't jump to conclusions like that.

shinie - "And don't you repeat the chorus "SuJu deserve the award because they worked hard." with me, everybody in this industry worked hard. End of the story."

That was really unnecessary because I didn't even say they worked hard. If you read my post really carefully, maybe you would have jumped to the conclusion that I was just comparing the ALBUM ACTIVITY of the SuJu and the members of Shinhwa.

oh, i didn't realize i was harsh toward you. My bad. Just because i couldn't stand your tone, you did sound like his anti-fan indeed. But well, since you're not and maybe i mistook you thought. I'm sorry. But i did yes read your post carefully and from what you'd posted i jumped to my conclusion as you read.So, let's clarify the situation ^^

ShinHyeSung didn't appear on programs half as many times as Super Junior, nor did M, OR Kim Dong Wan

I don't think so actually. Both you and i can't know the real number of their perfs since we watch it through the internet. I'm HyeSung fan and i find mostly his perfs and i think the same for you. You even said that you didn't like any of his song so, yeah, it's normal not to follow his perfs. And from what i saw, his amount of perfs is not lesser than Suju, DongWan or MinWoo. As comparing to DongWan and MinWoo, it's normal for being lesser because he was the latest to release. Are we clear ?

It's really hard to get all 13 members to appear on programs all at once, but they did - and in MANY too.

I'm not their fan so i don't know clearly their activity but why not easy to get all of them to appear on programs as one if you're talking about a music show ? Isn't it their main job ? Singing ? They're singers, aren't they ? That's why i jumped to the conclusion you're not talking about Music show only. And as they were doing promotion as Suju not Suju T or solo artist, why not easy ? Main work comes first, right ?

BigBang's song was HUGE in Korea, seriously played EVERYWHERE on TV, and SuperJunior - well, their fans get crazy, and they did SO many album activities.

It's really hard to get all 13 members to appear on programs all at once, but they did - and in MANY too.

So I think the prizes were well received. People who received awards were well worthy of receiving them, and I can't think of anyone else who could have received them.

According to what you said about BigBang and as comparing to what you said about Suju, shouldn't BigBang receive the Daesang instead ? Their song was played everywhere and their fan went crazy, and they did appeared a lot on music show and won many prizes, too. Esp in MUsicbank.

So yeah, I don't think they should be making such a huge fuss about this -___-;;

For your thought, now i give you the answer why we're making this a fuss which come directly from their company ^^

Edit: i saw choc0'd posted the article already ^^. Let's not spam LOL

It's long. I know. So just skim it and find what necessary to read ^^

Guest samshiku

well i cant say that what the 2 boys did was right or wrong

its tough deciding btwn professionalism and pride/principles..

but i still stand by them ^^

im only afraid that this incident may mar their professional records with some fans/people...

such an ugly incident before the winter story album plus concerts TT

oh well...

MKMF has always been rather confusing and suspicious anyway....

Guest jhyun-se7en

Since the awards have been given out.

There's nothing really much we can do now. ~

It's really Mnet's fault. None of the artists are at fault.

So I was hoping no one will say that any artists do not deserve any award.

Even minwoo and hyesung congratulate the winners and think that they deserve the awards.~~

ALL ARTISTS worked hard. Irregardless of who win the awards, they deserved it.

It's just unfairness on the management part.

I'll just stick to minwoo and hyesung's stand. (:

Guest ADORE.you

I honestly don't blame Minwoo at all for not attending the ceremony. MKFK these days, its starting to get out of hand - they couldn't even give him a straight answer. Minwoo is serious when it comes to music and the entertainment industry - it's strictly business, and obviously with that comes time.

To see all his efforts overlooked is really depressing. He's come so far within the Korean Entertainment industry - you'd think they'd give him back at least something.

Guest fortuneteller

u guys, do u go to such an important event without any invitation?

No; i think ^_^ so this for Sungie case.

Bout ur litto Minbong, poor him. I guess he did hard working for the perfomance. But the organizers no appreciate that.

and u fans, u voted like crazy for him but the organizers no appreciate that. If ur poor Minbong didnt receive any award, no pro but he was even not in the list of nominated.

U vote 4 nothing... Poor u guys...

Unprofessionalisme? Ur 2 guys have been such a long time in the showbiz, long enough to understand what is professionalisme.

Even if that event hurt his pride but so stupid of him if he dropped his poor friend PJY. The performance is so important to him. So i guess PJY did agree with Minbong's decision. and also FTTS; If minbong was unprofessional so... FTTS, too? So stupid thought...

Just testing, will edit. My reply button seems to have some problem! :(

/edit

it's okay now.. I typed out an entire chunk, but it disappeared! :(

ANYWAY, AS I WAS SAYING,

Though the boys didn't win the awards they rightfully deserved, but it's alright. I don't care anymore about whether the boys won the awards at MKMF (I did mind a great deal I tell you, so don't shoot me), because:

1. This award show is so corrupted, so even if they boys did win, others might then say that they 'bought' the awards(i'm not saying all the awardees bought their awards, some did deserve it!).

2. Shinhwa do not care about getting the awards from mkmf themselves! Because they do not make music for awards but for their own passion and for us fans.

3. This isn't even the best award ceremony/show in korea!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, SHINHWA IS THE WINNER ALREADY! THEY WILL ALWAYS BE, NOBODY CAN SURPASS THEM, THEY DONT NEED AWARDS TO PROVE THEMSELVES! Shinhwa=Legend! the name says it all!

Guest sage raven

Ok... after CSJH won best dance... we all knew it was a joke. They have like... no fans... or almost none.

CSJH gained a ton of fans after they added "the Grace" to their name and released their first album. It's not surprising that they won an award.

Anyhow, to this topic in general...I'm not much of a Lee Minwoo fan, but I fully support him on this one. =)

But I never knew that MFMK corupted to the point where he would cancel his appearance.

Ah well, guess I don't have to watch it then~ ^-^;

Archived