Go Ara 고아라

Admin

22 hours ago, jjoy84 said:

@ladyfriday hi! nice to see you here. :) still really bitter about cider even after all these years. LOL... despite loving reply 1994, i still can't bring myself to rewatch it (except for ep 7). my heart just kept breaking for chilbongie. yys and phs are the actors i most want to see her paired with as the otp this time, yoo ah in might also be an interesting choice. if it's someone she hasn't worked with, i'd like to see her with yoon shi yoon.

it's funny that you mention yoon shi yoon, because i was just saying on my tumblr right after miss hammurabi got announced, that it would be so nice if he was her costar! i think they'd be realllllly good together. i know it's got about a 1% chance of happening, but hey. as long as Ara does dramas often, i'm a happy fan. i've really been enjoying black so far, and i think it's even better that it's on netflix, just so she can get wider recognition!

as for reply 1994: sung na jeong will always be my favourite character, and reply 1994 will always have a special place in my heart, but i'm always going to be bitter about cider haha. till the day i die, probably. i'm dealing with it better now, but every now and then i'll remember and be upset all over again. 

part of the reason i want Ara to do miss hammurabi is that i'd really like to see her play that career-woman type role. it was what i'd wanted so badly for Na Jeong, but it didn't happen. :( 

On 11/17/2017 at 10:50 AM, ladyfriday said:

it's funny that you mention yoon shi yoon, because i was just saying on my tumblr right after miss hammurabi got announced, that it would be so nice if he was her costar! i think they'd be realllllly good together. i know it's got about a 1% chance of happening, but hey. as long as Ara does dramas often, i'm a happy fan. i've really been enjoying black so far, and i think it's even better that it's on netflix, just so she can get wider recognition!

as for reply 1994: sung na jeong will always be my favourite character, and reply 1994 will always have a special place in my heart, but i'm always going to be bitter about cider haha. till the day i die, probably. i'm dealing with it better now, but every now and then i'll remember and be upset all over again. 

part of the reason i want Ara to do miss hammurabi is that i'd really like to see her play that career-woman type role. it was what i'd wanted so badly for Na Jeong, but it didn't happen. :( 

L is 2years younger than Ara right? like Dong Joon in Black and PHS. 

(though I like PHS  and KDJ in Black. They have such chemistry with Ara)

However, I wished she will be paired with a leading man a year older than her though. And hey, we're both thinking the same thing chingu. As long as Ara is active doing dramas, I don't mind living in Kdramaland and be active in soompi.  I just got myself into watching kdramas again because of her after watching Hwarang..

Whenever I miss  Reply, I just watch her scenes with Chilbong (haha) and I really think they are the otp. 

And I think Miss Hammurabi is all about her career as a rookie judge. The romance has a little part. That's why I like her to take the role, most of the dramas she's in was like she's just the love interest.

However, I love Black because her character is just like the same level as the lead. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Go Ara and L cast for lead roles in JTBC drama series “Ms. Hammurabi”

Ms._Hammurabi-a00-1.jpg

Go Ara and L (‘INFINITE’) are cast for lead roles in JTBC drama series “Ms. Hammurabi.” The drama series is based on 2015 law based novel “Ms. Hammurabi” by Moon Yoo-Seok. For the drama series Go Ara will play Park Cha O Reum. She works earnestly as a rookie judge and has a bright personality. L (aka Kim Myung-Soo) will play Im Ba-Reun. He also works as a judge, but is guided strictly by principles. He disagrees with Park Cha O Reum on basically everything.

In addition, veteran actor Sung Dong-Il is cast for a major supporting character role. He will play Judge Han Se-Sang. He provides balance between Park Cha O Reum’s idealism and Im Ba-Reun’s strict principles.

“Ms. Hammurabi” will first air May, 2018 in South Korea and will air as a pre-production.

Cr:http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/go-ara-and-l-cast-for-lead-roles-in-jtbc-drama-series-ms-hammurabi#comment-71642

On 11/10/2017 at 7:48 AM, jjoy84 said:

good point... but i think they have a different system in india. in south korea, i believe that they finish high school at the age of 19/20, then still need to take a bachelor's degree (+-4 years), then go to law school (+-3 years), then take the bar to be able to practice law. so, i'm guessing typical law school graduates are around 26/27. it's kinda doubtful to have a judge in her mid-twenties, but let's see what workaround they'll incorporate into the storyline.

as for rachel in the korean remake of suits, i'm not sure if it has already been casted. so far, i've only heard about jang dong gun as harvey and park hyung sik as mike. the role of rachel might be a step back considering she's already doing lead roles, but i think it would be a good learning experience for her.

it's funny how much chemistry she has with the second leads, but usually, falls flat with the leads. i never got over my heartbreak for chilbongie and still bitter over sam maek jong. lol... hoping the three of them would get cast together in a drama in the future. would end up really torn whom to root for though. 

In SK, you can pass Korean Law Examination (It is competitive. About 1,000 people pass among 25,000 every year) right after getting your undergrad degree (which can be in any major you want; the major can be unrelated to law subject). Or, you can go direct to law school from high school (but you also need to pass the bar test).When a student pass a bar examination, he/she is trained at Judicial Research & Training Institute of Supreme Court for 2 years. After that training, some are appointed as judges and some as prosecutors. Others practice as lawyers.

SO it s possible that you can become a judge in SK around late 20s.

In recent years, SK slowly changes to the US system where you need go thru 4 years undergrad, 3 years law school, and pass the exam, then 2 years internship. 

So if this drama follows the current system, Ara and L's characters can pass the exam after their undergrad ( 23 years old) plus 2 years in training; they can become judges around 26-27 

• Like 1

@star2010 I'm amazed by your explanation.. I don't know about Korean law system and how to become a judge, lawyer..prosecutor..

Thanks for the information. I only know that the writer is a judge himself so the drama will be  realistic..and Ms. Hammurabi will be my first drama focusing on law..And the synopsis said that they are rookie judges, can't wait for Ara's comeback:wub::D...

• 3 months later...
On 23/1/2018 at 8:36 AM, star2010 said:

In SK, you can pass Korean Law Examination (It is competitive. About 1,000 people pass among 25,000 every year) right after getting your undergrad degree (which can be in any major you want; the major can be unrelated to law subject). Or, you can go direct to law school from high school (but you also need to pass the bar test).When a student pass a bar examination, he/she is trained at Judicial Research & Training Institute of Supreme Court for 2 years. After that training, some are appointed as judges and some as prosecutors. Others practice as lawyers.

SO it s possible that you can become a judge in SK around late 20s.

In recent years, SK slowly changes to the US system where you need go thru 4 years undergrad, 3 years law school, and pass the exam, then 2 years internship. 

So if this drama follows the current system, Ara and L's characters can pass the exam after their undergrad ( 23 years old) plus 2 years in training; they can become judges around 26-27 

Hello there... You back again? 

Hiiiii...... Anybody here? 

How are you @ocean90

Do you guys following another Ara in Miss Hammurabi? 

So far, this drama is Ara good point role as an actress, really happy seeing her in this drama. Really daebak. 

Not much expectation before about Miss Hammurabi to get much attention from netizen, but this already loving by audience and get good support too. 

Hoping Miss Hammurabi will be big support until the last episodes. 

Good drama and story plot with perfect actor and actress in all characters, really love Miss Hammurabi. 

“Miss Hammurabi” Reveals Pitch-Perfect Character Posters Of Go Ara, INFINITE’s L, And More

miss-hammurabi-go-ara-l-sung-dong-il.jpg

“Miss Hammurabi” has revealed the character posters and tag lines for their five main characters.

See Also: May Male Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

On May 10, the JTBC drama dropped a set of posters starring Go Ara, INFINITE’s L(Kim Myung Soo), Sung Dong Il, Ryu Deok Hwan, and Lee Elijah. Each character’s pose in their poster as well as the tag line written on them perfectly captures their character’s personality and outlook on life.

“Miss Hammurabi” tells the story of relatable and minor court proceedings as overseen by three judges: the passionate Park Cha Oh Reum (Go Ara), the elite Im Ba Reum (L), and the realistic Han Se Sang (Sung Dong Il).

Go Ara’s character poster reads: “As for me, I’m not going to become a judge that looks down on people expressionlessly.”

Go-Ara-Miss-Hammurabi.jpg

L’s character poster reads: “Court trials are by nature other people’s problems. I became a judge just to eat and survive.”

L-Miss-Hammurabi-.jpg

Sung Dong Il’s character poster reads: “The strongest person in the court is the judge. And the most dangerous one, too.”

sung-dong-il-miss-hammurabi.jpg

Ryu Deok Hwan plays Jung Bo Wang, another judge who is friendly with everyone and has a reputation for being the “antenna” of the legal world. His character poster reads: “Being a judge? It makes you popular among women!”

ryu-deok-hwan-miss-hammurabi.jpg

Lee Elijah plays a court stenographer, also known as a court recorder, named Lee Do Yeon. Her character poster reads: “If you’re in court, you might as well work. Don’t poke around in someone’s private life.”

Lee-Elijah-Miss-Hammurabi1.jpg

“Miss Hammurabi” premieres on May 21.

Cr : soompi 

Watch: INFINITE’s L, Go Ara, And Sung Dong Il Are One-Of-A-Kind Judges In Teasers For “Miss Hammurabi”

L-Go-Ara-Sung-Dong-Il.jpg

Upcoming JTBC drama “Miss Hammurabi” has released two trailers ahead of its premiere.

See Also: Go Ara, INFINITE's L, Lee Elijah, And More Passionately Study Their Scripts In Behind-The-Scenes Photos Of "Miss Hammurabi"

“Miss Hammurabi” is about an idealistic, rookie judge named Park Cha Oh Reum (played by Go Ara), an elite judge and a man of principle named Im Ba Reun (played by INFINITE’s L), and head judge Han Sae Sang (played by Sung Dong Il).

It will tell the story of these three different judges working together in the same court as they deal with realistic, commonly occurring, everyday cases. The drama is based on a novel that was written by a real-life judge Moon Yoo Suk.

In the first trailer, Ryu Deok Hwanintroduces each of the three leads and what a fun year it will be at their court. He describes how stuck up L’s character Im Ba Reun is, and he proves him right throughout the video.

Im Ba Reun says, “Don’t take anyone’s side. Be objective, by the rule, like artificial intelligence.” When he meets with Sung Dong Il’s character Han Sae Sang at a cafe, the older judge looks excited thinking that Im Ba Reun got him a drink. He extends his arm to receive it, but L as Im Ba Reun takes a sip and says, “It’s mine.”

Ryu Deok Hwan then describes Go Ara’s character Park Cha Oh Reum as a “rookie psycho.” She takes up space on the subway by spreading her legs in one clip, and confidently states in another, “You said it’s an organization that’s difficult if you stand out, right? Well, I’m going to face it head-on my style.”

She kicks someone who inappropriately touches her on the subway and comes to work covered from head to toe, joking that women shouldn’t dare show their skin.

The third character is Sung Dong Il’s role Han Sae Sang, who is described as “the rough speaking head judge.” He gets up and loudly curses at someone in his courtroom. “Lock him up!” shouts Han Sae Sang as he waves his arms around.

The second teaser begins with a statement by an older judge that summarizes the entire video: “Judges these days are so different from how we were back in the day.”

It gives a preview of the friction between the younger, rookie judges and the older, higher-ranking judges. As older judges continue to lecture them at a group dinner, Im Ba Reun drunkenly tells them that everything they say is rubbish.

“The great rebellion of the younger judges has begun” flashes across the screen and the teaser gives viewers a peek at L and Go Ara’s characters’ unique ways of expressing their frustration at their higher-ups.

The words, “Shouting at the nation’s old men” appear followed by, “Shouting at the nation’s department heads,” indicating that this drama will expose bosses and aggressive people in the older generation who try to lecture the younger generation.

“Miss Hammurabi” is a pre-produced drama that will premiere on May 21 at 11 p.m. KST

INFINITE’s L And Go Ara Meet For The First Time In “Miss Hammurabi”

L-Go-Ara.jpg

Go Ara and INFINITE’s L get ready to work together for the first time in their upcoming drama “Miss Hammurabi.”

See Also: May Female Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

“Miss Hammurabi” is about a team of three judges as they work together to bring justice to everyday cases in the court room. Park Cha Oh Reum (played by Go Ara) is a passionate rookie judge who dreams of delivering strong punishments to the strong and weak ones to the weak. Im Ba Reun (played by L) is a judge who sticks to the principles and rules. Han Se Sang (played by Sung Dong Il) is the head judge of the trio, who has a realistic view of the world and its burdens.

In the newly released photos, Go Ara and L meet for the first time on the subway. Go Ara smiles brightly and shows off her bubbly energy as she cheerfully sticks out her hand for a handshake. L, on the other hand, looks flustered to have met someone so coincidentally.

Go-Ara.jpgL.jpg

The two also meet in court room 44, as they focus on something intensely. Go Ara shows off a more serious side of her, and L listens intently. They stand together in an office, ready to take on new cases as part of the same team.

Go-Ara-L.jpg

A source from the drama commented, “Park Cha Oh Reum and Im Ba Reun are judges who are quite different from each other. These differences help them grow and create an interesting synergy. Go Ara and L are creating fun characters with their acting. They have great chemistry, which is a key point to look out for. Please look forward to it.”

“Miss Hammurabi” will air its first episode on May 21 at 11 p.m. KST.

INFINITE’s L, Go Ara, And Sung Dong Il Are 3 Very Different Judges In New Poster For “Miss Hammurabi”

Miss-Hammurabi.jpg

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Miss Hammurabi” has revealed its main poster!

See Also: May Male Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

“Miss Hammurabi” is about an idealistic, rookie judge named Park Cha Oh Reum (played by Go Ara); a judge named Im Ba Reun (played by INFINITE’s L), who is a stickler for principles and rules; and a realistic head judge named Han Sae Sang (played by Sung Dong Il). The story follows the three very different judges as they deal with day-to-day cases.

In the released poster, the three judges don’t seem very different from other people. They are in a busy market rather than in a firm and solemn courthouse. Above all, their seemingly similar yet different atmospheres make them intriguing. L appears cynical while Sung Dong Il looks bothered. Despite their dispirited expressions, Go Ara holds tightly onto their hands with a bright and happy smile on her face.

Above each of their heads is a brief hashtag description of their characters. L’s character has the words, “#originaljerk,” Sung Dong Il’s character has the phrase, “#ruthlessjudge,” and Go Ara’s character has the hashtag, “#crazyrookie.” Many viewers are curious to know more about their different characters and wonder what kind of stories will unfold at the court.

The production crew of the drama explained, “Rather than judges existing only in a court setting, the image of these judges diving into the heart of life is set to move people. The teamwork and character synchronization of the different characteristics of Go Ara, L, and Sung Dong Il are the best. Through the deep stories of judges and events of ordinary people, the drama will provide empathy that is different from other ‘judge’ dramas.”

“Miss Hammurabi” will premiere on May 21 at 11 p.m. KST on JTBC.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:09 AM, forn said:

Hello there... You back again? 

Hiiiii...... Anybody here? 

How are you @ocean90

Yes, I m back to support Ara's drama. Long time no see, how are you?

At the moment, i m following MH which is really good. I m happy that Ara got this drama where she played a center character. I dropped Black and Hwarang because the way her characters were written.

I will post more during MH's airing.

• Like 1

[V Report Plus] Go A-ra wraps up filming of ‘Miss Hammurabi’

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180531

Actress Go A-ra greeted fans after wrapping up filming for the JTBC drama “Miss Hammurabi” in a live broadcast held via Naver’s V app Wednesday. 

“Hello, every one! I finally finished filming ‘Miss Hammurabi’!” Go said, starting up the broadcast. “We started filming since early this year and it’s June already -- summer has come.” 

“I was so happy to meet many good people while filming ‘Miss Hammurabi,’” she said. “The harmony with staff was especially good this time, and I was so glad that I could laugh on set while also focusing on filming while working.” 

“I can’t believe it’s the last day of filming. I really, really enjoyed it,” she said.

“I hope you will be in good spirits and ‘get some healing’ every week while watching our drama,” she said. “I need to say goodbye to ‘Miss Hammurabi’ for now, but you can meet us every Monday and Tuesday at 11 p.m. on JTBC. Please don’t miss it!”

“If you have anything you like or you want to tell us while watching the drama, please leave many comments and please watch our drama,” she said. 

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By The Korea Herald (khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Cr: http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201805311824323272335_2

On 31/5/2018 at 4:10 AM, star2010 said:

Yes, I m back to support Ara's drama. Long time no see, how are you?

At the moment, i m following MH which is really good. I m happy that Ara got this drama where she played a center character. I dropped Black and Hwarang because the way her characters were written.

I will post more during MH's airing.

Glad to know that 

Go Ara In Talks For New Historical Drama

Go-Ara.jpg

Go Ara may be appearing in another drama this year!

See Also: Watch: INFINITE L's And Go Ara Appear As Judges In "Ask Us Anything" Preview

Her current JTBC drama “Miss Hammurabi” isn’t even over yet, but the actress has been offered a role in SBS’s upcoming drama “Haechi” (romanization).

On June 7, her agency Artist Company revealed, “Go Ara has been offered a role in ‘Haechi’, and she is currently reviewing it. Nothing has been decided yet.”

Haechi (also spelled as haetae) is a mythical creature that distinguishes good from evil and protects justice. The historical drama revolves around Prince Yeoning who was born in the body of a water maid, Park Mun Soo who always prepares for state exams but never gets in, and Yeo Ji who is a fiery damo (a servant who was ranked lower than slaves). The adventure story will follow the group of investigators seeking for justice and reform.

Go Ara will play the role of Yeo Ji, the female servant who despises being discriminated against just because she is a woman. Out of all the investigators, she is the best at martial arts and investigation. She knows various types of disguise, camouflage, and invasion methods.

“Haechi” will air sometime in September. 

INFINITE-L-Go-Ara1.jpg

INFINITE’s L and actress Go Ara will make an appearance on the next episode of “Ask Us Anything”!

See Also: AOA's Seolhyun Makes Special Promise That's Hard To Resist On "Ask Us Anything"

In a new preview, the two stars of JTBC’s “Miss Hammurabi,” who play judges with opposite personalities in the drama, enter the “Ask Us Anything” classroom wearing their judicial robes.

Super Junior’s Kim Heechul asks L to talk in his cool, judge-like tone, so L says, “I declare defendant Lee Sang Min to be innocent.” In response, Lee Soo Geunhumorously quips, “Are you sure there hasn’t been a mistake? I’m sure that he’s guilty.” Kang Ho Dong then praises L, saying, “His voice exudes a judge’s stateliness.”

While L shows off his realistic acting as a judge, Go Ara performs a magic trick in which she makes a fork disappear. The cast can’t help but laugh at her cute trick. She then shows off her impressive dance skills, with L dancing alongside her as well.

The preview also features L, Go Ara, and the members of “Ask Us Anything” playing limbo and drawing the moments of their lives that they regret the most.

The episode of “Ask Us Anything” with L and Go Ara will air on June 9 at 9 p.m. KST.

Watch the preview below!