[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i read about that brain tumour, i went...... whaaaaat???? isn't there any other way to show redemption by our "bad man" Jang Hyuk? please don't let this be the typical "fatal sickness rob you of your loved one" ending.. :fury:

^

Alcoholism and making out in this thread? What is this? A college party?!

Thanks puela!

bwaahahhahaa...yup..this is definitely the people over @ Robbers thread..hahaha.

Thanks puela..I'm still stuck at work right now..but once I go home I will definitely start the download.

ok fixed .. I dont know why mu showed it as 002 .. anyways I deleted it and reuploaded it.. anything else send me a pm just to make sure I get it :)

damn MU sorry guyz,, let me see whats the deal now :(

Well, one is 360MB and the other is 351MB so they're different -

maybe just need to rename -

when I downloaded - i got the media player icon on one -

and the odd icon for the second part

We can rename them ourselves - i'm pretty sure i'll let you know.

They are definitely DIFFERENT FILES - based on the MB.

Guest sakura_dubai

omo omo you guys reached ep 11 and i'm still in ep 5.. it's very slow these days because of some cable prb in our country , but i hope i will be able to catch up by next week~ i really can't wait to see it all ><

Thanks to all for the spoilers and especially to hjkomo for the dialogue -

and to shirley for the storyline for ep. 11 - i can finally breath again because of you two!

it was sooo strange - no ROBBERS today and a perfect stream from KBS2 for Hong Gil Dong.

it's never happened before -

Yes, true, i noticed that~ really strange, but still it's better to have them both in the same time right :)

HGD and Robbers are my favorite dramas

robberssubsbigqw7.jpg

Brought to you by WITH S2

Written In The Heavens Subbing Squad

CREDITS:

EPISODE 7 ENGLISH SUBS

*Ental* | *SHiNHWA*

Main Translator: wingyee

Spot Translator: saturn

Timer: ltrang

Editor/QC: docmitasha

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

EPISODE 8 ENGLISH SUBS

*Ental* | *SHiNHWA*

Main Translator: Beeni

Spot Translators: saturn, purpletiger86

Timer: ltrang

Editor/QC: docmitasha

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

HICCUP.....Yay! Thank you WITHS2!!

Ahhh...too much wine...I just wish that the ANNOYING women sitting behind me in class would have stopped their CONSTANT CHATTERING long enough for me to enjoy it. :angry:

No Robbers tomorrow... :(

['hjkomo' date='Feb 7 2008, 12:07 AM' post='8461558']

HICCUP.....Yay! Thank you WITHS2!!

Ahhh...too much wine...I just wish that the ANNOYING women sitting behind me in class would have stopped their CONSTANT CHATTERING long enough for me to enjoy it. :angry:

No Robbers tomorrow... :(

===============================

You're drinking in class?

I've given up on reasonable sleep on Wed. and Thursd. and am just buying base make-up from the morgue -

so you REALLY CAN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG -

Of course, I have to keep the same smile all day long - or the clay cracks!

YIKES!

HICCUP!

Guest imogene_af

OMGAH!!!! Thanks WITHS2 for the subs.

Ok. Warning Spoilery Review. *drinks Patron*

EPISODE 11: Take Me To The Storm… Is that my Wish?

I feel as if I kind of wished for this, I remember as the episodes come along as I get whirled into the story and most of all Bulhandang’s characters, I wanted it all to crash into me. I said I’m willing to throw myself into the storm because the last emotional uproar came in Episode 5 and I thought, bring it on! I wanted the same seductive and manic sense of drama to come wash over me again. Although, I liked how the drama takes its twists and turns. The last episodes have been a bit light with tinges of human drama. It paints us quite a beautiful canvas of a rather simple and unconventional love story. The story and its characters so far even at the most far fetch circumstances has remained grounded, familiar, human and most of all with a lot of heart.

But Episode 11 manages to lure me as if I was being wooed over by the most charming suitor – making me laugh, immersing me in a sense of great warmth, giving twists and upturns --- revelation to revelation. This is a common pattern for the drama. Although this is a melodrama it has not been giving us obscene amounts of boob tube despair. It is not what the story is but HOW the story is told. This is the genius of this drama. Just when I was already lured in it all, especially in Episode 11 gives its last revelation. I knew it was coming, I knew it as if I was already forewarned but somehow it was like a sharp stab to the gut and as I realize it, it was as if I was heartbroken.

But isn’t this the storm?

The episode opens as usual NOT where we left off, it was not the kiss (dangit!!!) but the scene was equally as beautiful. There was Dal Rae in her usual frumpy self walking in a slouch and her usual eyes of bewilderment. She looks at Oh Joon’s mess in the cold gym. The ramen noodles are all over the place, spilt beer on the table, crumbs all over, the sheets are piled messily, boxing gloves cluttered everywhere and towels just sprawled out in the seedy room.

This scene reminds me of the montage in Episode 7 when Oh Joon looked at Dal Rae’s kitchen as if he was longing for her right at that moment. If it was possible to fall in love with pots and pans, Jang Hyuk made us believe that. This time Lee Da Hae made us believe that you can fall in love with sweaty and stinky towels. Dal Rae sort of “echoes” his past reaction; she looks at this squalid place and somehow longs for him. She does it all with a child-like smile on her lips. The scene was short but very sweet, you could see as she waits for him how much she really does love him. How much she loves the man she is doing all this for.

140kwah.png

This is like “The Atonement” without the bitterness. The guy may be incarcerated but she wears a smile on her face eagerly waiting for the “tomorrow” they promised to each other in the oddest places--- the police station. See this drama can make stinky towels, dirty dishes, and enclosed police stations romantic. She waits for the days to be with Oh Joon again filled with hope, NOT uncertainty, she listens to his recording where he confesses the first night he knew he has somehow fallen for her.

She loves him so she openly tells Jin Goo they are getting married. She even takes the effort to give vitamins to Man Doo who has been cold to her, but since she’s our Dal Rae, she’s oblivious to it. She answers his calls for him. She sits there listening to his voice every day.

When Oh Joon surprises her with his sudden release--- Wait! What was he in jail for anyway? Blackmail? I mean…really? Those letters were addressed to Dal Rae! What bounds does that other bizatch have against him? Eh, there’s a reason why I am not in Law.

ejg9pf.png

2eqbcjr.png

The way they just looked at each other, would make anyone melt. Their hug was so innocent as if it was back in their youth or something.

And she fulfills his wish to be with her… in that promised “tomorrow”, they fetch Soon Dae to school, he proudly swings Soon Dae around. Then, his most fervent wish was granted, when he prepared the dishes with Dal Rae every little detail went back to Episode 7 when he stared at every corner of the kitchen with that sense of yearning, and finally it is happening.

11rw65e.png

153o5l2.png

16lfwyd.png

23msh3d.png

Okay, I went waaaaay giddy over these scenes. It is so dang wholesome it’s almost emotionally manipulative but what the hell… I love it! I love it! It was so natural. Don’t we all long for that? Some part of us wants to grow old with someone just washing those dirty dishes with? Do the most unexciting, routine things with and yet find some fulfillment in that? I like how the writer connected these details from Episode 7 to Episode 9 and tonight in Episode 11.

As I was basking in the sweetness of it all… there was a sudden silence and they stare at each other… I go berserk! Another kiss! He leans in, she closes her eyes…

2vcthk0.png

Ugh. It got ruined. No. Soon Dae, why do you have to move around on your mother’s lap?! I usually think you are cute… but why you little brat! :lol:

The next scenes were a sudden blur…

opxxg4.png

2eg4cp1.png

Because my brain just short-circuited. Jang Hyuk. Sweaty. Shirtless. One finger push up. Screaming Dal Rae’s name. Oh what a total random scene but… *drools like Homer Simpson with Duff Beer*

Ok. Back to reality. Oh Joon and Dal Rae come clean fessing up to everyone that she is in love with this scoundrel, and yes, she’s going to marry him. Though, I thought the way they were setting it up is MUDDLED screenplay-wise, there was no build up to it, but I appreciate the sudden fresh take to the approaching scenes.

The next scenes could be an opening for the obscene amounts of frantic melodrama but the director and the writer yet again, does not give it to us heavy.

Scenes like a drunken Jin Goo (he’s so cute when intoxicated) being tucked in by his old man, showing us that this usually high-strung and insensitive of a father truly did care for his son.

1zef38l.png

When Soon Seom shows an extreme outpour of emotions, shaking wildly and crying in rushes of rage and sadness, Dal Rae suddenly hugs her like a young child clinging on to her mother. And it was as if she could not resist the touch of her “daughter”.

16iefqe.png

That was a real heartfelt scene that was played well by both Lee Da Hae and Kim Hae Sook (who channels Norah Jones from time to time) have excellent mother-daughter chemistry. I ended up smiling with that scene.

So, the conflicts continue to arise, Oh Joon kneels there asking for Soon Seom’s blessings then we are treated with a a teary-eyed Soon Dae massaging her ahjussi’s chest, wondering if he was burdened.

f51xmp.png

This is how the drama is handled it never comes in aggressively but rather it steers you in with a tinge of melancholy but saves you with a rush of familiar tenderness.

The characters here show growth but the growth does not make them complete strangers to the audience, Dal Rae still melts at the sight of her Omma and Oh Joon may have changed his swindling ways but he is still as arrogant and filled with pride.

Not to mention the actors are all brilliant, everyone had a "mark" in this episode. I thought this was KHS' episode, though. Her scene Jang Hyuk was also some of the finest acting I have seen, her eyes just really speak for her.

Alas, as I sing praises the last few minutes are the sudden unraveling of it all. After breaking the conflict to us so gently in every scene … we get two huge twists :

One being Jin Goo’s father being THE GODFATHER of it all…

But the mother of all storms suddenly just came crashing in. Of course, the nosebleeds from episode 1 to 4 have a purpose. Oh Joon’s constant state of slight delirium after a bad encounter has a purpose. The pretty doctor following him in Episode 3… and the calls Dal Rae had to answer. It all comes full circle.

And though, I knew it was coming… it still hit me very hard. It has been the calm of the storm for far too long and now the real conflict arrives. I do not know how to take it. They have told us on what seemed like a predictable love story in such an unconventional way, with layers of layers in each of the characters and complexities in each of their portraits. I am far too invested in this drama and getting this twist has given me a blank state of mind. How can they pull this off? It is not the story but HOW they tell it that was what worked for Bulhandang… can they do it this time? The storm is here and I know we would be drowning in it. I hate the twist despite the fact I knew it was coming. Now I don’t know if I want to be swept away.

I just pray that they keep the same amount of HEART that they have built up on this story. I was never drawn to their plot devices, I was drawn to the heart of each of the characters that we have all come to love. I will wait for their time to tell the story. Not what happens but HOW it happens. Please. Just please.

Archived