Guest o-cha

Guest anonieko

Shinhwa Version Episodes

Thanx, but Puela, I thought that above Ep 10 is Ental from this post :o

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did watch that scene and cheated... I thought that scene I can feel the hot stream of tears on his cheeks. Like you just felt it. I did find it so dang romantic though.

I have just finished ep.10. Yes, Jang Hyuk's acting is totally amazing in the ending scene. The storyline is kinda bittersweet. Hope it doesn't get too sad like Bad Love.

Guest monoceros

:lol:

Man Doo being gay is like the best twist ever, and they didn't portray him as one of those stereotypical flaming ones, just a nice guy who is sensitive and simple. It's refreshing.

i think i guessed it though... when man doo was sitting in the car looking out while Oh Joon kissed with Dal Rae.. and by the way Man doo was so unresponsive that it seemed like he was sulking whenever oh joon talked to him about her

Guest michsann

:lol:

Man Doo being gay is like the best twist ever, and they didn't portray him as one of those stereotypical flaming ones, just a nice guy who is sensitive and simple. It's refreshing.

I haven't watched Episode 10! Life has to interfere with everything... but I am now! :lol: Wait up.

hi imogene_af! :)

oh my gosh, is that spoiler for REAL?!? i never thought he's like that! haha.

im still in epi 6 coz im waiting for the subs. but im currently downloading epi 9 & 10. i'll check that scene showing Man Doo is

gay

:lol: as soon as i finish my downloads.

---

thanks, WITHS2 for the subs! :D

Guest imogene_af

Thank you WITHS2 for the subs.

hjkomo - Oh gaaawd, I'm both dreading it and loving whatever is approaching. Dang it. It's like... why is everything still conflict free at this point? They are so going to whack us with a bat. A huge bat. :lol:

shirley- Thanks so much for the translations... interesting convo they had there.

And yes, I am still distracted with the Episode 9 hair, the episode 10 hair isn't SO bad, since it's just shaggy... I hate it when it's all just the CURLY BANGS.

Guest pinklily

i've caught up to episode 7...and i'm really enjoying how the story is developing so far! :w00t: i'm very impressed by the pace...the turn of events...things are happening one after another with nothing being too drawn out too much, and at the same time nor do they feel rushed. the pace is nicely brisk...and i find myself not knowing what to expect! :w00t: i'm so pleased to see what seems to be the beginnings of Oh Joon's transformation (my heart was aching so much in episode 4 T_T). and that KISS! that KISS!...in front of Dal Rae's house...wahhhhh...it more than made up for the last two kisses (which left me feeling rather uncomfortable...but perhaps that was exactly the intention ^^)...but this one!...omo! so sweet!...so tender!...so swoon-inducing!...gahhhh, i'm speechless! :blush: that truely is a kiss from a man in love isn't it?...and Dal Rae's response...was truly from a woman ready to return his affections...wasn't it? what a turning point in the development of these two characters... wahhh...it was such a great kiss...really so romantic!...haha, even with Man Doo sittng there in plain sight of it :lol: Kwon Oh Joon...i can attest to the magic you have on these women...one minute i find myself hating you...and the next i just want to be swept off my feet by you!...ottoke?!

my dls for 8, 9 & 10 are still completing...but i really can't wait!...i just can't wait to finally be caught up with everyone...haha, and what is this about the hair? (i'm trying to avoid spoilers...it's okay, i'm sure i'll see for myself :P)

ahhh...if you'll excuse me...i think i'll go replay that kiss...over and over again. :blush: gahhh...i'm also so excited at the fact that it's only episode 7...and yet they've given us three kisses already!...granted the first two weren't very romantic...hehe, but this is more lip-action than i've seen in a lot of k-dramas...i'd be lucky to witness two in most (haha, perhaps i haven't been watching the right dramas? ^^;;)... and not to mention one of them being oh so sweet as this number 3 :blush: everything was really so perfect...right down to the music and the camera angles...and the actors were just so in-sync!...thank you mister director!...haha, i don't remember you being so pro in the kisses for your other drama (have only seen Bad Family though - omo!...the kiss in there was so funny! :P... and not Bad Couple, so maybe i'm underestimating this director...lol) gahhh...okay, i'm too giddy about it...i need to just leave now before i go on and on about this KISS! :w00t:

thank you so much everyone for all your contributions :wub:...you guys are really such wonderful company in the threads...i hope i can be caught up soon to be part of all this fun! :blush: *hugs*

Guest imogene_af

^

Kirsten- You are back! Dude that kiss in Episode 7 is so rewind-worthy... I think my VLC Media Player probably hated me for doing all that. :lol: It was just filled with passion and a hint of great familiarity... the kind that gives you butterflies in your stomach. It was so human down to the whisper, the gate closing, and THE kiss. :lol: I think it goes as one of my top favorite kisses not just in the K-drama realm but in general in terms of screen kisses.

And yes, this director is spoiling us with kisses. :lol:

Guest pinklily

^ me too chinggu!...i love all those little details! the way he went for it...and how she responded...letting him lead, but also returning his passion in full :blush: i loved how they showed you not too much...but not too little...even giving us a close-up of it! it was so unexpected too with how the story was flowing...that you would have something so tender and romantic in the midst of all the drama that previously transpired...so even more pleasant to witness because it still felt so natural to have happened. i think so too...that it has become one of my favorite kisses of all time! and gahhh...the whispers leading up to it!...wasn't that just enough to already give you goose-bumps...the kiss that followed just totally sealed the deal! :lol: it was just so tender...and so natural...so...perfect :blush:

chinggu...i hope this director doesn't stop doing so :blush:

I dl the shinwa version can hear sound but can't see the movie or subs...this only happened wit epi.6 the rest was fine help please thanks.

Guest pinklily

I dl the shinwa version can hear sound but can't see the movie or subs...this only happened wit epi.6 the rest was fine help please thanks.

kelly, you may be missing a video codec. for the shinhwa version, i think it's the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video codec? you can try dling the codec from here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm this is a good page because you can read all about it before dling it. for myself i use the K-Lite Mega Codec package...and it works just fine: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite..._Codec_Pack.htm however, since they are all free dls, just make sure you have a good anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall defense installed and running when you install these programs. i haven't had any problems...but you never know ^^ good luck!

i'm reposting this from Dal Rae...Da Hae's thread :blush:

hehe...other than THE KISS! :blush:...i also love these two scenes in episode 7...among others! (yes, i'm really very thoroughly enjoying the episodes :P)

bscap0003-4.jpg

bscap0005-3.jpg

bscap0007-3.jpg

bscap0006-2.jpg

it's so funny that Dal Rae doesn't think to put on make-up for her own date! lol...she really is so simple :P... you can kind of tell MIL is more versed in these things...from her make-up and wardrobe and everything...she's so very stylish and maybe even more up to date with the trends than Dal Rae herself! :lol:

bscap0000-1.jpg

bscap0001-1.jpg

bscap0002.jpg

i love the way Dal Rae is a little bashful coming out of the gate to see Oh Joon waiting for her. hehe...and the look on Oh Joon's face when he sees the person he's been waiting for appear...looking more special than usual...and all just for him. :blush: they are really sooooooo cute! ^___________^

imogene_af: another great review dear. I agree totally...the first scene of eps 10 was mellow...much mellower than I thought it would be but I love it!

WITHS2 : Thanks for the subs!!!@

pinklily : Come on catch up..hehehe…I agree that kiss from episode 7 is so…<3 :blush: … that is what a kiss should be..so romantic…

hjkomo : thanks for the dialogue translations...you are such a gem (not Jem-lol).

canyayasis: hahahaha...for me I only find $10 or $20 dollar bills in my old jeans..not $100 bill..hehehehehe.

okay so fresh out of finishing episode 10...this is what I think...

Again another episode filled with all the drama of life...sweet, happy, yet also sad.

I really like the opening of eps 10..the lighthouse scene is gorgeous...I always like this kind of shot because it shows just how insignificant human lives are compared to nature and how fragile humans are. The scene following this is a subtle yet poignant. As Oh Joon reminisced about how he treated Yeon Ah in the past, once again he showed us his soul..he felt as wretched as a person could be. Through this Dal Rae has remained so supportive of Oh Joon and shown us what a kind woman she is. As much as I think this scene is nice, the scene of Oh Joon boxing by himself in the gym actually touched me more. As he punched the punching bag we see frustration in his eyes. By now he probably has tried to forget about Yeon Ah’s death the best to his ability, but we can still see that that kind of thing is not one to be easily dismissed. Oh Joon was still mad at himself, still felt horrible about what happened. The background song playing during this scene really matched the mood.

Now onto Soon Seom (m-i-l) and Ho Jin ahjussi…omg…those two are way too cute. I’m glad they finally give more storyline to this couple. The two are absolutely loveable in episode 10. It is so refreshing to see a love story line focused on the older cast members. Kim Hae Sook showed a very girly side to Soon Seom. Although Soon Seom is already in her 50s, that doesn’t mean she can’t fall in love like a teenager anymore. I thought the two (Ho Jin and Soon Seom) are so believable as two people falling in love with one another. Very cute scene between the two.

I have so many favorite moments from this episode – this episode is really good. It might just be my favorite now.

One scene that I really enjoy was the scene between Oh Joon-Oh Sook-Dal Rae. When Dal Rae helped Oh Sook up and told her that she was Oh Joon’s friend, Oh Sook asked “Friend?”. Pretty soon Oh Sook realized that Dal Rae is Oh Joon’s girlfriend. As she asked “Girlfriend?” to Dal Rae, Oh Sook’s facial expression changed. She smiled and just her expression conveyed a whole lot more than the dialogue. Oh Sook felt relieved, thankful , and happy knowing this…she knows now that someone else loves Oh Joon and someone else is willing to give her brother a shot. She is relieved to know Oh Joon has found someone that he loves. Although Oh Joon has never told his sister about what he did in the past, I wouldn’t be surprised if Oh Sook has some inklings to what Oh Joon did before. For Oh Sook to know that Oh Joon has a girlfriend (that he was obviously bringing to meet Man Doo) means a big deal to her because it means her brother is genuinely in love with this woman. This very simple and subtle scene packed a whole lot of emotions.

This scene is followed by the reconciliation of Oh Joon and Oh Sook. Their teary reconciliation is so heart-wrenching. Oh Sook kept asking Oh Joon to look at her but Oh Joon kept refusing and had his back towards her. She told him how sorry she was but he still refused to look at her. Her frustration boiled over as she cried and tugged on Oh Joon’s arms in order for him to look at her. Finally she just about had it and ended up crying on his back. As she sobbed on Oh Joon’s back, she and Oh Joon stopped their argument and let her crying reconcile them back. Meanwhile outside we see Man Doo shedding happy tears over the reunion of the two siblings. He among all people has seen both Oh Joon and Oh Sook’s pain. He felt moved and happy that he could not hold his tears I thought this was a sweet thing….the ever so faithful friend Man Doo sharing in their happiness. This was followed by yet another subtle and sweet scene of ‘normalcy’. The slight awkwardness of the four (Oh Joon, Dal Rae, Man Doo and Oh Sook) as they all sat around was just so natural and so like everyday life that it made all the heartaches and pain between Oh Joon and Oh Sook all worth it…they are now back as family again.

Now of course the topic that’s been on everybody’s mind lately…Man Doo coming out. I feel so sad for Man Doo. When his brother started beating him up and telling him how he has brought shame to the family…I feel like hugging Man Doo and telling him that everything’s going to be okay and that he should be strong. Most memorable bit from that scene was when Oh Joon knocked on the door and shouting for Man Doo. At that time his brother asked Man Doo if it was MD’s boyfriend looking for him. In desperation Man Doo begged at his brother’s feet telling him that it was only Oh Joon and that Oh Joon doesn’t know about him being gay. He begged and cried because he was too scared of losing Oh Joon once Oh Joon finds out he is gay. Man Doo has no one else besides Oh Joon now. His family has abandoned him and he has no other friend. I thought Hong Kyung Min’s performance here was so powerful. The actor that played his brother did an excellent job as well.

A tiny bit of thing that I want to share --- how Jin Goo is such a different man now. He has this soft and tender expression whenever he sees Soon Dae. I’ve never seen him that way before. And oh yeah of course his dance is top notch! :lol:

Last bit that I need to get off my chest…the last scene between Dal Rae and Oh Joon at the police station…isn’t that romantic or what? Oh my gosh…. The way Dal Rae talked to Oh Joon was so loving and sweet and tender. The way she looked at Oh Joon was pure love. And as for Oh Joon he had nothing to show in front of Dal Rae anymore…he couldn’t believe that Dal Rae would still love him. I feel his cry was so sad. He was sad because he knew he couldn’t do anything for Dal Rae; he was ashamed for what he is now; yet he was also so touched and thankful of Dal Rae. Because of Dal Rae’s love he was somehow able to gather his courage to ask her to marry him. As he took out the jewelry box Dal Rae’s face lit up. She accepted the earrings and she had the most beautiful smile as tears ran down her cheeks. Oh Joon’s expression also changed from shame (since he could only give that cheap earrings) to utter joy and relief. He put the earrings on her and they kissed. The two kissed as if they don’t care about anything else in the world and that they didn’t want to ever be apart again.

The last scene was perfection. It was sad, romantic, yet at the same time happy. I don’t think I can describe how great the last scene was. Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyuk both looked so beautiful in this scene (yes I know it’s weird to call JH beautiful—but I can’t find any other word than to describe the two as beautiful).

Just when I thought I couldn’t love this drama even more..then an episode like episode 10 comes along and I realize I grown even more in love with this drama…..

Guest imogene_af

The last scene was perfection. It was sad, romantic, yet at the same time happy. I don’t think I can describe how great the last scene was. Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyuk both looked so beautiful in this scene (yes I know it’s weird to call JH beautiful—but I can’t find any other word than to describe the two as beautiful).

Just when I thought I couldn’t love this drama even more..then an episode like episode 10 comes along and I realize I grown even more in love with this drama…..

Haha great insights o-cha. They were BEAUTIFUL in that scene, for real. It was like they finally let go and gave themselves away. It was just LOVE just echoing throughout that last four minutes. Hee.

Guest jingjuna

hi um i have a question

ep 9 ends in front of dal rae's house but ep 10 starts at this beach place

am i right?

nvm found the answer in the summaries >.<

Guest hyunibunny

I just watched episode 10 and the ending was just beautifully done. When I first started this series, I didn't think there could be, nor did I want there to be any redemption for Oh Joon. Truthfully, I was a little afraid that the writers would pull a cheesey, sappy, contrived bad boy meets good girl and under her guidance and influence, *poof* he undergoes a miraculous transformation and becomes a hero - that's just too insulting to my intelligence as a viewer. I know we're only at episode 10, so who knows what they'll throw at us, but so far, I'm impressed with the way his evolution as a person is being handled. The end of this episode was just lovely. :wub:

Didn't we already know that Mandoo is gay? I don't remember which episode exactly, but it happens in the one where Oh Joon gets the crap beat out of him by the loanshark and he drags himself over to Mandoo's house. Oh Joon is lying in bed and Mandoo is watching over him and tells the story about the hidden ramyun and how he felt bad about eating it by himself (after he had said something along the lines of how love makes you feel hurt). I interpreted Mandoo telling Oh Joon this tale as his way of coming out to Oh Joon. Oh Joon's response to Mandoo's indirect reveal is to say, "I love you too" but in the "Yeah, bro, we're best buds, dude. I love ya, too, man" type of way and you could see the crestfallen look in Mandoo's face that Oh Joon didn't get the subtext.

I'm usually a lurker, but I've always wanted to use the black box. :blush:

I am not liking Oh Joon saying buh-bye in the end of the credits.

imogene_af - well, the way they keep whacking us with the

'he's gonna die'

bat, makes me think that by the end of the drama, they'll be using a crane to drop a ton of bricks on us or something. I really hope not because then, I'll be super-disappointed, pissed off, and bitter!!!! :angry:

Maybe, they'll add another twist,

and not let him die (as long as it's not done in the cliche kdrama, 'he makes a miraculous recovery', way - no, wait...I'll just be happy with him living!!)

Guest pinklily

o-cha dear...i'm still catching up, miahne chinggu-ah :tears: i was supposed to have been studying and working today...but...i thought, what's an hour or two break going to hurt? :P

i'd like to call this... procrastination ^^;;

some of my favorite moments from episode 7 :P

Dal-Rae---arahso.gif

Oh-Joon-Dal-Rae01.gif <--- awww...i really love the looks Oh Joon gives Dal Rae...the look of a man so smitten! :blush:

Oh-Joon-Dal-Rae-underumbrel-1.gif

my first set of gifs ever ^^ ... :sweatingbullets: i just thought i'd learn gif making ...*cough*procrastinating*cough*

hehehe i really couldn't get Robbers off my mind ^^;; i suppose the next time i procrastinate, i'll end up making a Robbers' fan-vid of some sort ^^;;

Archived