[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ilovehanchaeyoung

cutiepie, the MV link doesn't seem to be working. Is there something wrong with sendspace, or are the gremlins messing with my computer again?

o-cha chinggu, I've got all the clips you saw at the Bulhandang site.. :D

Finally..but they're all streaming links..

I'll update when there are download links available..

So for now, here you go

LDH - Ep 2 crying BTS

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=318419057

Rest of the BTS here

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=318419979

credits: baidu/ SBS bulhandang

Thanks ripgal! I know I can always count on you to find those... :D

imogene_af : yes I remember that Dal rae+steak gif. I guess those people at DC think it's funny....I have to say they are funny..although in a slightly gross way...hehehe.

Guest cutiepie

cutiepie, the MV link doesn't seem to be working. Is there something wrong with sendspace, or are the gremlins messing with my computer again?

hi hjkomo, sendspace was down earlier, it should work now :)

Thanks, cutiepie! Whew! I thought the gremlins were after me again.

Here's more episode 7 dialogue:

Soon Seom pours out her troubles to Ho Jin while getting drunk.

SS: Today was the anniversary of my son's death. I wanted to have a drink. Thanks for being my friend.

HJ: I think you've had too much to drink.

SS: Ho Jin, (I'm) kind-hearted. So much so, that (I) ??? (I'm) so kind-hearted that, honestly, (I'm) like a fool.

HJ: Yes...uh, huh?

Soon Seom is actually talking about DR, but HJ thinks she's talking about herself, at first. (The pronouns are implied, so SS actually means 'She')

SS: She's been saving money she was 19. She put that money aside to to buy me a cafe and was almost conned out of it.

HJ: C..Cafe?

SS: I'm a chatterbox. Two, or was it three, years ago, while we were drinking tea, I mentioned that it would be nice to have a small cafe. It's all my fault from the beginning. I shouldn't have had her live with me. Since she's so kind-hearted, she can't leave me and go off on her own. Ho Jin sshi, do you want to live with me? Let's see...if I'm with this man, would my DR's heart be at ease, so she could leave? It may be ???. Hahahaha....

Now, you can see why Ho Jin was so ecstatic and giddy. He couldn't even answer DR's question as to who he was.

HJ to DR before he leaves their house: Do you really believe me? I washed my hands and cut all my nails cleanly with a nail clipper. And don't worry about the cafe.

OJ picks up a JEM-inspired DR for their date.

OJ: Wow, your face has gotten prettier overnight.

DR: Let's go.

OJ: Show me your face, please.

Jin Goo shows up.

DR: Kim Jin Goo sshi. What's going on?

JG: As you say, what's going on?

DR: Huh?

JG: Where are you going? You made a promise to meet me.

DR: Omo!

OJ: What is it, DR?

DR: Well, that is...

JG: Did you forget?

DR: What should I do? I'm sorry.

JG: I understand. Get in.

OJ: What are you? (informal)

JG: What are you? (formal)

OJ: DR, shouldn't you tell me who this person is now? You ate lettuce wraps before with this person, right?

DR: Lettuce...no, that's not it. That's really not it.

JG: Please get in.

DR: What?

OJ: Look here. Don't you see me? Am I an invisible(?) person?

DR: Just a minute, OJ. I'm sorry, JG, but I totally forgot my plans with you and made other plans. Can't I see you next time?

JG: Kwon Oh Joon? Jin Dal Rae, there is no Kwon Oh Joon like this in this country.

DR: What?

JG: It is correct that he deceived you.

DR: What did you say?

JG: There's only one fund manager by the name of Kwon Oh Joon, and this person here is not him.

DR: That's rude, Kim Jin Goo sshi.

JG: Ask him yourself. Are you really a fund manager? What's the name of your company?

OJ remembers what he said to MD: "I won't lie from now on. Believe me. Let's believe together."

DR: Oh Joon said he was a freelancer. You're a freelancer, right?

Kim Jin Goo, you've got a lot more to learn from me.

JG: Are you a freelancer?

OJ's voiceover: "I won't live like that anymore. Believe in me."

JG: Then you would know what a Santa rally is, right?

DR: Kim Jin Goo sshi!

JG: What's a Santa rally, Kwon Oh Joon sshi? So, you don't know... He is not a fund manager. He conned you. Why don't you believe my words? What you have to do now is report this man to the police. I've said all I have to say. Call me.

OJ: Look here. I don't know why I have to answer your ridiculous question...(he goes on to describe the bonuses received at Christmas time in the U.S. and the domino effect on the financial markets).

OJ to himself: To be honest, I didn't really lie. He asked me what a Santa rally was, so I answered him - this is what a Santa rally is. Is that a lie? It's not. Would a con-artist not do his own homework? Tsk, tsk...

Dal Rae sshi, just come back!

In OJ's car:

OJ: Why do you keep meeting that man?

DR: I made a promise.

OJ: You believe him. Are you a fool? Are you naive?

DR: What are you saying?

OJ: That's just a trick men use - looking pitiful to women.

DR: It's not like that. He's not the kind of person to trick someone.

OJ: You don't believe what I'm saying?

DR: That man doesn't know how to trick. If he did, he wouldn't need to ask for my help.

OJ: That's what I'm saying. That's the trick.

DR: Women can't pass by a pitiful man. You did that to me. When I was sad about my sister, you couldn't just leave me be.

OJ: Then, was that a trick?

OJ brakes suddenly.

DR: What's the matter?

OJ: Uh, we're here. Let's go.

DR: But we can't leave the car here.

In the cafe:

OJ: Anyways, I don't like you meeting that man, for whatever reason.

DR: What can I do? I already promised.

OJ: But I'm saying that I don't like it. Are you saying you're going to continue meeting him? Dal Rae sshi, why are we meeting each other? We are dating. Don't you know dating? We're seeing each other and promising not to meet other people. Don't you know promises? Promises are....

DR: You're getting a parking ticket...

oooh hjkomo - getting these various scene translations is like reaching in the pocket of a pair of jeans you haven't worn for awhile and finding a hundred dollar bill in the pocket - completely random, unexpected and THRILLING!

komoyoh hjkomo-sshi!

^^ I'm glad you think so. I'm just really, really behind on translations...and then I start thinking, Will the subs be out before I finish? and debate with myself over whether I should just go ahead and do them anyways. I guess I'll just do the important scenes.

Today, I'm feeling the second-day-after effect of getting less than 4 hours sleep on Wednesday night...oh, the joys of aging! ;)

And the wine I'm drinking tonight ain't helping much, either. (at least, with the staying awake part. It's working great for everything else!) :D

Guest snowprincess

the little girl is too cute for words!!! she and LDH are so natural as mother and daughter especially when they are playing. so talented and adorable!!!

Guest imogene_af

hjkomo- THANK YOU for the translations!!! Life saver!

I have caught up with the Robbers love train!

Warning: LONG REVIEW for Epi 9 and 10. Spoilery too!

Episode 9: Light-Hearted But Not For the Faint of Heart

Oh Joon is so in love with Dal Rae, he decides that they should have matching hair…

14oa8vm.png

Sorry. Got distracted with Jang Hyuk’s bangs… I mean, can he comb it out or something? Gel it up? Something? I am a wee bit distracted.

But moving on from the Dr. Who channeling and mopped curls--- in the next two episodes of Robbers we see Oh Joon in his most stripped aspect. No, pervs… I didn’t mean that kind of stripped.

I felt Episode 9 was done within more of a humorous and light spin of things… you probably sit here going, “Girl is crazy! What is she talking about? She so did not watch it!”

Hear me out.

In Episode 9 he shrivels up before our eyes as soon as Jin Dal Rae discovers the truth of the real Kwon Oh Joon, the despicable scoundrel who preyed on her for a cheap 30,000 deal.

In the usual drama realm, OF COURSE it happens right at the nick of time when Oh Joon was going to confess every single thing.

But what I would have predicted as an overly dramatic outpour of emotions from the two (where we usually cue in the violins), the director switched it up by showing us something else. It was subdued. The only thing that echoed was the hesitant fury from Dal Rae and Oh Joon clinging on to every thing in quiet desperation.

This man who usually handles everything all brash, cool, and calculated --- not this time, he crumbles as his emotions drive him like a little child hoping against hope. He did not have fancy words or the most romantic of outburst, but all he could do is helplessly plead as his eyes edge in all these tears.

Dal Rae did not slap him. Dal Rae did not display grand emotions of despair or the usual launch of rage underneath overflowing melodramatic tears. Her voice remained calm and faint, her face was almost expressionless--- but it was her eyes that reflected her pain. In her eyes was almost as the same as his… pleading.

I liked how they interpreted such a scene. You just knew that half of Dal Rae still wanted to hold him and listen to his explanations. And it’s not like he had the best of explanations. He just stood there, grabbing on to her as he weakens like a child. I liked how they handled this scene a bit “anti-climatic” because you just knew how strong Dal Rae still feels for Oh Joon… in spite of knowing such things about the guy.

I also like how the scenes lingered from the bedroom to the green gate, with Oh Joon staring at it until the wee hours of the morning waiting for it to open. There was something evocative about how those scenes faded together.

Well after Lee Da Hae treats us with her out of breath and “is she drunk?” version of a popular Big Bang song, but what struck me in this scene is we see how Jin Dal Rae creates a façade yet again. An instant charming disposition. Even her usually animated child, Soon Dae had to notice. She regresses back to the girl veering away from emotions. This disguise is quickly challenged for at point when little Soon Dae mentions Oh Joon, something in her just loses it. Some would have said this is just one of those cute scenes to make us awww in sentimentality at the mother-daughter scene, but it’s a crucial look into her character and how she deals with her sorrows. No wonder for such a time she stuck through all that emotional baggage from five years ago. No wonder she is drawn to Oh Joon because with him she is not afraid of such emotions.

The rest of the episode gives us a look at Oh Joon’s mission and that is to get Dal Rae back. It was treated in a light-hearted manner as he tracks the women he swindled and binds them with a contract as an apology for his misdeeds. One of them hugs him so tight it almost suffocates him. He gets beat up on the way. He gets a super odd job as a boxing/aerobics instructor. We get to see him come up with creative ways to get Dal Rae to read his letters and “contracts.”

ekf2ut.png

For a while I was already thinking this is all a JOKE. How can they handle such a moment of poignant change as a COMEDIC THRILL?!

Soon I had to realize it…

Because underneath its light-heartedness comes Oh Joon stripping himself of all his masks to Dal Rae. The scene when Dal Rae reads the letters on her bed drives with much power to me, as a viewer. She sits there reading as Oh Joon dictates EVERY SINGLE THING with such a wry and a matter of fact way of saying it. It is like “this is me Dal Rae… this is me.” No overly romantic tinges. No Hallmark cards. No light parade. Just confession after confession and a pleading apology.

I had the feeling it still did not matter to her, he has had her heart the moment she started hearing his voice in her head in Episode 3. She IS in love with him. She did not have to be moved because she was ALREADY moved before all that. Even, she knew she would still forgive him.

That was why when they saw each other again, she longs for his touch even though she chose to flinch away from it.

So, I am being treated to a light-hearted episode, we see softie gangsters, we see Jin Goo giving Dal Rae flowers and softening up even more and more to Soon Dae, we watch Oh Joon “flirt” with Mother-in-law (hi-la-rious)…

But the lightheartedness is not put there for touches of random sentimentality and comedy, because it encompasses a bridge of emotions from everyone… the softie gangsters shows how Ahjussi falls for MIL, Jin Goo in all his silliness is learning to love Dal Rae, and Oh Joon in his misadventures only shows his desperation to get Dal Rae back. The way the episode is treated is ALMOST a façade of something more rousing. Yes, it’s light-hearted but there’s something looming in EVERY SINGLE ONE of these characters that will just come to whack us soon.

And then, something does whack us pretty hard.

We learn Yoon-Ah committed suicide. We end with Oh Joon look at Dal Rae filled with despair.

And the looming of something more rousing continues…

----

Episode 10: With Or Without You: An Ode to Dal Rae and Oh Joon

This episode is just giving everything away with all guards down it is a path that all the characters took by choice or by chance… mostly, it is a path our main lovers took.

The opening shot overlooking the sea port was just beautiful as the sun dances around and the tints of reds and pale blues rush us in to the scene. But we are grounded back to reality of what happened in the last episode. I give myself some air to breathe as I watch Oh Joon cry in remorse at the death of one of his victims. This is when you just go that disturbing and powerful scene of Yoon-Ah and Oh Joon’s fight in Episode 4 just makes so much sense now.

It is not a very good way to start the episode in such a melancholic state, but there was something so comforting in such scene, it did not give me such a heavy heart considering it is one of those mourning kind of scenes. It was almost languid watching Dal Rae give what she could only give Oh Joon as she sits there with him.

I thought this episode had an Amelié-esque (Great French film, please do watch it) quality to it with Dal Rae unknowingly (due to her clueless self) tying to sew everything up to be patched up… at least in some kind of way.

Even at the tensest path to reconcile Oh Joon and his sister, she manages to do it. The reconciliation was both awkward and heart-breaking, you knew the relationship between brother and sister was damaged yet at the same time they ached for each other even though Oh Joon tries hard to hide it for the most part. I liked the table scene when Man Doo, Noona, Dal Rae, and Oh Joon fell silent and uncomfortable with each other, there was something so REAL about that.

10f75et.png

Dal Rae’s tactics for her Omma Soon Seom and Ahjussi Ho Jin’s café pushed our dear Soon Seom to hang out there and give it all a chance. Soon Seom lets her guard down and that’s when she started singing in the café as she played the piano. It was beautiful, but there was something so sad about it that I could not quite point out. Ho Jin was falling more and more in love with her at that moment. He also lets his guard down and embraces her, but of course, hilarity ensues as she freaks. the. hell. out. Oh at least we had something.

w9bnmo.png

2u9tuyt.png

The sub-plots also show some vulnerability in every one. From the minor that is Oh Joon and the plump gangsters doing some aerobic boxing. To the rather major ones…

A jealous but still very straight-forward Jin Goo imitating Oh Joon’s dance steps… I wonder how Lee Da Hae kept a straight face watching Kim Jung Tae do all that. I would have burst out in laughter and would probably need my appendix removed afterwards.

wrn8no.png

Jin Goo is such an anti-archetype of the guy who completes a love triangle, he’s charming even though, if you look at all that… he’s really not. He did not even like Dal Rae but it is with his journey and growth that he comes to feel something for her. He is also a guy with great empathy as he even refuses to double cross Oh Joon even when he had files that could have done it.

But the most major of all character twists and “guards” would go to Oh Joon’s best friend… Man Doo. He came out of the closet to his family. We have a gay character in this drama, and I applaud them for featuring this character as a guy who is a simple and sensitive friend. They did not make him a caricature but someone with a huge heart. But I honestly thought my gaydar was blasting and going haywire for quite a while with Man Doo. He just had the hints and his gooey eyes at Oh Joon was one of them.

So as walls collapse and guards fall for these characters… the true crash of emotions was in the last four minutes of this episode. Although, the episode lacked the kind of suspense to make the audience fear that Oh Joon may go to jail (my only real complaint in this episode) … the last four minutes made up for everything.

In this Oh Joon had no face to show to Dal Rae. He is in the police station, he can now be seen as a criminal. It is the reality of him being a scoundrel and it sets in, it is now out there blasting it loud and clear… and it has never been as deafening.

This was the tears of a man who is so ashamed and someone who seemed to have lost it all. He could not even look at her. He cannot even afford having an inch of pride.

But she could only look at him with this beautiful smile and even though it was faint it was just filled with such openness. Her tears fell, you knew she was looking at him because she was readily just giving herself away… she was looking at him for one sole reason and it just strikes you … she’s looking at him because of one thing and that is… love.

Does anyone know that song by U2 called “With or Without You”? I just felt it was almost blaring in my ear as she looked at him and told him things he could have never imagined. She looks forward to eating with him, looking forward to tomorrow with him… a future with him. Even though they are stuck in a police station. Even though it was after going through a grueling questioning. Even though it was so clear he really was a Con-Man. Even though every day she wrestles with herself knowing he is not the right kind of man to love. Even though he knew she was an idiot at times. Even though he knew she could not fill the shoes of her dead husband for her. It was just all there.

My hands are tied

My body bruised, shes got me with

Nothing to win and

Nothing left to lose

And you give yourself away

And you give

And you give

With or without you

With or without you

I can’t live

With or without you

He looked back at her with piercing disbelief, Jang Hyuk played this scene with such fervor I can almost feel his hot tears stream on my own cheeks. The chemistry between these two actors makes me believe not only in love but true redemption because of it. This is why he is a changed man, if a woman can still look at you like that even after knowing how vile you were… you cannot help but be moved by it all.

The scene when he gives her the tackiest of all star fish earrings was just very heartfelt. It was like he was amazed at every thing at every movement and every reaction she made. She looked at him as if he was bringing her gleaming diamonds. I just thought it was so touching how he gave those cheap earrings because that is what he could only give with his honest hard work.

And they end with a kiss, filled with such empathy and overpowering vulnerability. I will forgive the lack of suspense just for this last four minutes.

This two will make Pablo Neruda quite proud…

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.

synoz7.png

10xaws5.png

6f2zpj.png

Oh this unconventional of a love story. But a part of me feels the real storm hasn't come in yet. This is not the climax yet and there's still something looming over... I will just have to wait. It is both frightening and exciting.

Oh Joon is so in love with Dal Rae, he decides that they should have matching hair…

Sorry. Got distracted with Jang Hyuk’s bangs… I mean, can he comb it out or something? Gel it up? Something? I am a wee bit distracted.

But moving on from the Dr. Who channeling and mopped curls--- in the next two episodes of Robbers we see Oh Joon in his most stripped aspect. No, pervs… I didn’t mean that kind of stripped.

Oh this unconventional of a love story. But a part of me feels the real storm hasn't come in yet. This is not the climax yet and there's still something looming over... I will just have to wait. It is both frightening and exciting.

Oh, you kill me!!! :w00t: Yeah, something needs to be done about the hair. And I know the goatee is supposed to give him the scoundrel look, but can't he trim it just a little?

Loved the U2 analogy - it fits so well. "Does anyone know it?" Uh, really? It's not that old is it? ... Wait, just looked it up - 1987. Okay, nevermind...old fogie here... :ph34r:

I just hope the PD and writers handle the looming gloom with the dignity and intelligence they've shown us thus far. Please, don't screw it up! I'm begging you!

hjkomo .lol you really have the stamina to stay awake for such longs hours ..i cant even wake up to catch king sejong today at 4 am --;; ..and you sure are on a translation spree^^ thanks !

Amber, yea..I think it's a very unique way of bringing out MD's

sexual tendencies. And it's kinda new to Kdramas as I don't recall seeing gay themes in Kdramas..

I haven't seen the eps yet, I wonder how OJ reacted? Does he know now?

=>

Gay theme in kdrama ..there are few not not with the main characters but the side roles .like in What's up Fox! and Mr Goodbye .it even has the first gay wedding in kdrama

imogene_af : hahahaha...whatever happened to your "I want to avoid spoilers" stance? :lol:

Is it 5 PM yet? Dang it I still have 4 1/2 hours to go.

ooh here this one for shirley..since you said you like Jin Goo's dance.

credit: Bulhandang DC Gallery

viewimagephpidbulhanno29bcc427b6-73.gif

^^thanks 'o-cha' , the dance 's highlight is the heart it sent out ^^ .. i havent watch esp 10 yet ! just starting with esp 9~ ohh now i get what oh joon was saying . the writer has way to make reference back to whatever happen in the previous esp .such that everything has a signifiance ....and it will turned up later .somehow ....

dal rae was saying to oh joon does he think that once he return the money that everything is okay ..she rather wish that he just disappaer with the money . ..and letting her misunderstand it as .he felt too ashamed to face her as he too was con by his friends ..that she might feel sorry for oh joon and it might not have turned out to be like this ..when she has to face such an ugly truth .

Oh joon was in shock and mumbling that he was going to tell her all these first ..HE NEED TO BE the first to tell her these!she should hear it from him first ..otherwise ...he will feel so wronged .

Dal Rae was choking up with tears . throwing back to him...that you will feel so wronged ?! she was swayed and been led according to his plan ....that he should find this so interesting a foolish woman like her listening so blindly to all his words ..

and what about her mother in laW! .who even lied and speak such hurtful words to push Dal Rae into Oh joon's arms! and what about her daughter who like him !! ..

she ordered him not to appear in this alley anymore ..this alley that belongd to her mother in law

OJ: i needed alot of money then

but i was pennliess

and i saw an easy route to making money

reprimand ?[??]

i didnt have time to care about those !

i really need money everyday!

once i turned into a bad person

i have no ways to turn back

even if i want to

i have nowhere to go

even if there are chances for me to turned back

i dont even think i have the rights

because i have became a jerk

Dal rae tried to walk away and not listen anymore but he stopped her

OJ : And your wallet happen to appear before me

i dont even care whose wallet that belongs to !

but that i need to grab it !

and so i grabbed it

but i never imagine that you will be such a person

i .

i never imagine

i will fall in love with you

DR: so what do you want me to do !

Set aside!

Oh joon : NO!

I wont

if i step aside now , i will turned into what i used to be

this might be my last chance

how could i just step away like this !

No

DR: that's is not my concern!

How do oh joon si live you life !

has nothing to do with me

Oh joon : how could it be nothing to do with you!!

it does!

he said that he do is being swayed and shake according to her wishes?! ..* in otherwords ..that his emotions are now influenced by her ..and there this special thing ..he pointed to the house ..Dal Rae house

OJ: there !

it was you brought me into there

I too

wish to live in a place like that

to everyone which is so taken for granted

and not even worth mentioning

i too wish to have that

Dal Rae si , those dishes you worked so hard to clean

taken out and filled up with delicious food

Rice is ready

and sitting down to eat with your child

i too can clean the dishes

and pretend

so all these can belong to me too

i really thought i am a good person then

Just when my heart was mistaken that all these belong to me

Just when my heart was struggling that i am a bad person and all these should not belong to me

That child touches me and soothe me lightly and said to me

the one who hit you , his heart wont feel easy too

So if he should say sorry to you

then you must comfort him

[ remember that time when they were washing the plates , i think he accidentially hit against Soondae's hand .and he was asking if she okay ..and she rubbed her hands lightly on his heart and say her mother told her ..that if the one who saying sorry .his heart also isnt feeling easy too and you should say it is okay and comfort it too ]

Dae Rae si, i was wrong

i was wrong

I am a jerk

who cheated women of their tears and should received punishment

Please forgive me .Dal Rae Si

I am wrong , Please forgive me

Dal Rae si

DR: so you want me to comfort you ?

together with all the sins you have comitted ?

How do you think i can do that ?

If the others forgive you

then perhaps i will consider it

shirley - Holy cow, woman! How many dramas do you watch? I need to get some tips on stamina from you! How is King Sejong? I'm currently addicted to watching Dae Jo Young on the AZN channel. And then, I've been lurking in the Bichunmoo thread, too. :ph34r:

Hmm...tempting.....must.practice.restraint. ;) Oh, me...oh, my!!! So much to see!! I'm like a kid in a candy store. :D

Thanks for the ep.9 translations. I'm still working on ep. 8.

Guest babymarzy07

thanks WITHS2!! :)

wow i was taken by surprise at the recent events, i didnt expect that from Mandu. his coming out i mean. i never wouldve thunk it.

i didnt really get that feel, lol or maybe my spidey senses didnt feel a tingle.

the gay thing, isnt usual in kdramas its rare. like shirley pointed out. ^^

ROFL, imogene_af about the hair! that cracks me up.

Thank you, WITHS2!!

Episode 8 dialogue:

OJ in men's bathroom at movie theatre calls MD:

OJ: Hey, MD. I can't take this. Not lying...this is really, really hard. You know that? Hey, you know that? Do you know that I want to bite my own tongue and die? I'm asking if you know, you punk. But MD, I can't give this up...why? Because I'm wearing Tarzan's 10,000 Won underpants? No, that's not it. I'm supposed to be the one saying "Sorry" but she's the one who keeps saying sorry - that ?? girl. But, MD, I really like that ?? woman. I like her like crazy! MD, thanks for wearing the Tarzan underpants. MD, I love you, too. K?

Jin Goo driving in his car, remembers what DR said to him:

DR: Kim Jin Goo sshi, a person can make a mistake. If you genuinely apologize, then you can be understood in the end. If you just go like this, that person will continue to be in a bad mood and you won't feel good either for not being understood. Are you really just going to go like this? Kim Jin Goo sshi, I will just let it go for today, but I would like it if you apologized later on, just like you did with Soon Dae.

After OJ gets kicked out of MD's place, he receives a text message from Yeon Ah:

Oppa, please meet me one time, just once. There just one thing I want to ask you.

JG and DR in cafe:

DR: Huh?

JG: I don't have the courage by myself. Last time, since you were watching, I was able to eat the lettuce wraps that I had never been able to eat before. If you're watching, I think I can apologize to that person. Consider it a business trip for our class.

Yeon Ah and OJ in his car (Hey, I just noticed that the side mirror has that "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" written on it. Is that because it's an American car? Do Korean cars have that same warning on their mirrors but in Korean? Odd factoid - just curious):

YA: Since it's an important issue to me, please give me an answer. From when you first saw me, met with me, and until we parted, wasn't there one moment, one hour or even ten minutes that you ever saw me as anything other than a wallet? Wasn't there?

OJ: Yeon Ah...uh...do you really have to hear it? I decided not to tell any more lies. It could be better for you not to hear it. Even so, do you want to hear it?

YA: I have to hear it.

OJ: Alright...wallet...a wallet in which I didn't know how much money there was. So, I was curious - it was a wallet I wanted to open.

YA: I understand. Now, it's done.

She leaves. OJ almost goes after her.

OJ: This is really crazy. Should I have lied? But then, I'm not supposed to lie.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Yeon Ah.

JG and ex-wife: (for dialogue, see shirley's post #1440 p.72)

It's interesting that JG speaks informally to his ex-wife - the only person we've seen so far.

Ho Jin comes to see Soon Seom:

SS: Omo, omo!! Are you crazy? Why did you come here?

HJ: Uh, what do you want to do about the house?

SS: House?

HJ: The house I live in is good, and this house is good. Or, we can get rid of both houses and buy a big house...I'm ??...and the cafe - it's not big, but it's clean. Some water leaked in the kitchen, but once that's fixed, I'll show it to you.

SS throws him out of the house.

HJ: Soon Seom sshi...why are you like this? You're the one who first suggested we live together.

SS: How can that be saying we should live together. You are really one strange person. That was because I was drunk...Who am I? Don't you know who I am? I'm Jang Pil Sang's wife. Who is Jang Pil Sang? Think about who Jang Pil Sang was to you. How dare you?!?! Stop disappointing me and leave at once. And don't come back. Understand?

Soon Dae: Grandma, what is a sashimi knife?

SS: What?

SD: I asked what a sashimi knife is.

Soon Dae hands her HJ's letter.

DR and OJ in movie theatre:

DR: Let's watch the movie.

OJ: Huh? What?

DR: Let's just watch the movie.

OJ: We are watching the movie. What's the matter?

DR stares him down.

OJ: Since before, what's the matter?

DR: Move it.

OJ continues to stroke her hand, and she leaves.

OJ: Dal Rae sshi. I was wrong. I won't do it anymore.

OJ follows her outside:

OJ: DR, it seems like you're thinking wrongly. We are dating right now. We are presently in a romantic relationship. Usually, people like us don't go to the movie theatre to watch movies. DR, do you know what actions you are committing against me? Your stepping on our romance like a rag. Then my feelings would be hurt. Be honest, we already kissed a few times. So, being like that at the theatre is too much...ah, this is crazy. Is this what romance is supposed to be like? This is really hard...I don't know.

DR, I'm going to go buy some cigarettes.

DR: That was a movie I really wanted to see. I was frustrated because I didn't have the time. I was so happy because I was finally able to go see it. What is this? I'm never going to watch a movie with you again, understand?

She turns around and he's gone.

OJ returns to see her crying.

OJ: DR...why...

DR: I don't have the confidence anymore to be parted from the people who have taken my heart. When I turn around, can you be there? It would be nice if you were there and not gone.

OJ: Is it alright if it's me? Can I be the one who's there? Is it really okay if a guy like me is there?

Archived