E.L.F Are At It Again!

They released a statement saying that they fabricated the "Super Junior is not a project group anymore" news, and said that they could add and TAKE OUT as many members as they want. From the beginning they wanted this, add in new ones, take out old ones, which is what they're protesting again. No new members in means no current members out. It's a subgroup, but it's a subgroup under the name of SUPER JUNIOR. It makes no sense to have people who aren't in Super Junior to be in a subgroup of Super Junior. This is a really confusing matter, so it's okay to be confused.

Ah I see. Now that was easier to understand than those 200 words posts @___@

and I agree with SavannahBee. You can't say that Henry is "too good" for SUJU, unless you know him personally and have heard him sung before.

I don't mean any offense .. but even from the beginning, I always had the idea that Henry was scouted because he could dance&play the violin, not because he could sing [not saying he can't sing though ..).

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...it is impressive that they managed to get legal clearance, cause if anyone's tried to get any kind of government clearance, you know it usually takes a gazillion years. So someone wants things to get stirred up I guess -.-

Now if they'd only spend the same kind of attention to more urgent issues...

And though I understand where fans are coming from...I still can't quite approve of the 'only 13' propaganda and calling out during Henry's part. So fans say they're not against Henry...

Well, it's kind of like manslaughter. "I didn't mean to kill him." But uhh...the guy is dead.

Perhaps, it would have been wiser to petition Henry as a solo artist (if SM truly intended him for SUJU in the first place) because of his talents/assets rather then petition to get rid of him. For one, it would stop further animosity from non-followers towards SUJU and E.L.F. And for another, it hurts no one, only perhaps benefit Henry a little...and a little push for a debutee in a foreign country isn't so bad.

As for boycotting SM and its products. How much did they purchase that was not SUJU related before? Afterall, being a fandom devotee can be very costly...doesn't leave much time or money for other artists. And now that the boycott's on, does that mean the boys are going to starve? Everything about SUJU is a SM product after all. If the 'boycott' means "everything but SUJU products," I doubt SM's income is going to be affected that much.

In the long run, even if E.L.F. gets their 13, I don't see how this benefits anyone. All that's going to be left is the number 13, annoyed neighbours, angry parents, pissed-off teachers and, judging from the comments, E.L.F. being put in the black books of anyone who can't pay every waking moment to SUJU news. Fingers will always be pointing and fandom always directly affects their artists.

As for overreaction...of course, E.L.F. is overreacting. Fandoms are always considered to be overreacting when taking these kinds of actions, not just E.L.F. Because non-fans will always beable to look from a removed perspective. If one honestly asks oneself, can 'how many members SUJU consists of' really compare to all the other problems plaguing the world. Of course not. Is it really sane to spend so much time idolizing people who'll probably never know of you?

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I actually don't want Henry in Suju at all

the group is way to big to begin with

I don't understand why SM can't just debut Henry in a new group..

Guest tortyserox

it's ELF

which stands for EverLasting Friends

it's not Elves

yea, i,m not a fan of super junior, but i think you shld edit ur post title to ELF. ^^

Guest thequondam

You better edit your first post and add in some pictures. Its a Korean Celebs Photo section -_-'''

I hate LSM. And I totally can understand how ELF is feeling right now.

Henry should just debut solo or in another group. -o-

Guest smile-jw

Ehh, I don't understand how you guys think Henry's too talented for Super Junior. He is a good violinist and dancer, but you guys' have never heard his singing voice. Who knows if can he even sing? As of now, you guys are giving him too much credit, IMO.

Agree. All we have seen is him playing the violin and dancing. Ryeowook and Seohyun are just as good with piano, and many other memebrs are just as good as other instruments and some memebers are awesome at dancing. Why is Henry deserving all the credit when SuJu/SNSD members can do the same? Henry is a talented guy, yeah, but overrated in my opinion.

--

Anyway, seriously, You people arent reading. I'm WE are tired of the repeatitive comments all over again.

Please go back a few pages and read what many people wrote. Its kinda confusing, but heck, I would even list what happened in numbers for you guys to understand. >_>

Guest courtzn3y

I can see how people may be against this, but protesting is taking obsession to a whole other level

these people have some major dedication :D

Guest artful_DODGER

So fans say they're not against Henry...

Well, it's kind of like manslaughter. "I didn't mean to kill him." But uhh...the guy is dead.

Uhh...wazzat? Did Henry die? OMGNOESSSS! T-T [/end sarcasm]

ELF seems to be getting a lot of heat because of their dedication, but if someone was added to Shinhwa, DBSK, or any other band, their fans would do the exact same thing.

----

I'm sorry that you get your news fom Popseoul. *patpat*

I love how people feel sorry for Henry. I just love it. (:

Show me instances where Henry was bashed. I bet this kid could care less about any of this right now. He just wants to play his kickass violin.

LSM, you should totally put this kid in a new group so he can pwn at the violin, hokay? ORSENDHIMTOMYHOUSEOKTHX!

Guest yunhobaby

it's ELF

which stands for EverLasting Friends

it's not Elves

lol. yupp. when i saw Elves i was like O.O? haha.

poor henry.. imagine if he saw this happening how would he feel.

sigh.

i cant imagine how henry would feel if he sees fans protesting...

yaa..fans didnt DIRECTLY bash him or anything..but what they are doing...INDIRECTLY hurts him...

i mean..seriously..itz not his fault.....he's not doing anything other than what he's suppose to...

sigh..sometimes..fangirls go too far

---

i like suju as well...n i agree..suju should be a group with 13 members...

LSM is evil..n everyone knows that...he doesn't care what fans think...

but i do want Henry as a solo artist..or at least in another group with less people...

suju has enough people already..><

I'm a fan of SUJU too and like them I'm totally not feeling

the adding another member to the group...but man that just crazy protesting outside like that...

I feel bad for Henry he must of feel really weird out by all this *sigh*

1. i agree with the fans. super junior doesnt need another member. 13 is already enough. they barely get to do anything as it is. SM should spend more time publicizing the less known members....

2. can henry even sing? some people are saying suju needs more talent, but the only talent i see in henry is that fact that he plays the violin really well by dancing....and even that routine is getting old (since he just does the same things over and over again from what's shown on him so far)

Guest xyrhene

yahh!!!!...the ELFs are scary..protesting infront of SM office..this is the first time I heard that the fans of a particular singer or group protest...cause here(Phil.)...they do not care if someone will be an additional member of some group..

poor Henry...

about that when he was doing his part the violin solo...

the fans say 13 members...13 members!!..that really hurts..

Uhh...wazzat? Did Henry die? OMGNOESSSS! T-T [/end sarcasm]

ELF seems to be getting a lot of heat because of their dedication, but if someone was added to Shinhwa, DBSK, or any other band, their fans would do the exact same thing.

----

I'm sorry that you get your news fom Popseoul. *patpat*

I love how people feel sorry for Henry. I just love it. (:

Show me an instance where Henry was bashed. I bet this kid could care less about any of this right now. He just wants to play his kickass violin.

^ Yes, it's called an analogy -.-

If Henry wanted to just 'play his kickass violin,' he wouldn't have auditioned for SM in the first place...

And I don't know if you're just insensitive or what, but for E.L.F. to shout only 13 during Henry's part is just short of screaming for him to go away. And if you bothered to read into my analogy rather than smirking sarcastically at it, you'll understand that I didn't mean they directly bashed him or intentionally harm him, but are doing it unconciously in their 'dedication'. If you've ever been on stage and that's how your audience reacts, no matter how small your part, the impact can be quite shocking.

As to whether Henry 'could care less'...I can't comprehend an artist who performs publically (especially those who intend to work as an idol) and doesn't care about his audience's reaction.

I don't even know why I'm defending him since I'm not a major fan or anything...guess it's just basic human empathy that anyone with feelings would have.

---> As for member crisis in ShinHwa (since ppl are bringing it up) there were two incidents:

- Once with Andy during 4th jib.

- And the second time was at the end of 6th album. No hassle, ShinHwa solved it themselves by moving companies.

---> If anything, this protest thing sounds like a headache for both SM and artists than any kind of support. SUJU should just come out and clear things up officially.

If anything, it should have been kept as 12 members. Saying it's not a project group anymore by adding a 13th member is not a convincing statement since it still changed the group in the first place.

Archived