Host Boy Central!

Guest heartkiller

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like any job that you can typically go and apply for and have an interview. Hosts also do "scouting" during the hours that their clubs are closed. Scouting is basically standing around on the streets and looking for decent looking guys and just randomly approaching them and trying to get them to work for your club. I believe that most hosts are scouted into the business.

I actually have a picture of Eren, Kakeru and my friend at a foreigner bar in Osaka... But it's on my old phone that is burried deep in some box since I moved.

DEEP closed after Oct. 31st. I don't believe that any of the customers were informed about it. The owner has always seemed to be more focused on GENJI and the daihyou (face of the club) Mitsurugi Rei, especially after he fired Mikami Kakeru in April of last year (he was the daihyou for DEEP). I am assuming that it's because DEEP's turnover was huge and they didn't do enough sales. Most customers were hoping for a renewall of DEEP and that the boys going over to GENJI would only be temporary, but instead he is using the same shop that DEEP was in and is turning it into a new club (according to his mixi).

thank you for informing me!!!!!!

Guest hakunamatata

Hi! Just finished a jdrama named Yaoh? Has anyone seen it? It got me hooked for hours :P

I was wondering if anyone has seen any other movies, series or dramas about Japanese host bars?

I already know about "water" with Oguri Shun and the documentary surrounding former Rakkyo. I know that there are several animes but I'm looking for medias with real people :P

Thank you!

Guest NO NAME?

^ Never heard of that, but I just saw the synopsis and it is about host clubs. I think I'll check it out.

I haven't seen these yet, but I know they have something to do with host clubs:

- Jotei

- Deep Love

- Deep Love ~Host~

Guest taehyunjin

YAOH is in no way like a real host club though it was a little amusing to watch... I hate who they casted for the main character. I think the only reason I watched the entire drama was because of Kitamura Kazuki :wub: lol.

There used to be a documentary on youtube about two hosts challenging each other at on of the CLUB TOP DANDY's. It was actually a similar situation like YAOH. A guy challenges the no.1 guy to take his spot within a month and if it doesn't happen then he promises to quit.

[edit] Couple interesting videos...

- An American girl visiting CLUB AIR

video 02 - Foreign document about host clubs in tokyo

videos - search result for ホストクラブ on youtube. Too lazy to go through them to pick out good ones. Most are just promotional videos from various host sites.

Guest evon_kame1

NO wonder hosts are gettin more popular these days..

becuz they can become singers!!!

omoshiroiii...

im not insulting...

im just surprised....."AcQua" - they have good voice...!

and just like those famous group in Japan !

Ganbatte AcQua !!

Guest taehyunjin

Hosts have horrible voices... Then again like most groups in Japan lol... Try being in a host club when a customer requests her host to sing karaoke, you ears hurt!!!

Guest precious4e

^ LOL!! ahem* hehehe but thanks for all that info. It's all pretty fascinating. But what's the clientèle that go to host clubs like? That's another part that interests me.

Guest taehyunjin

^ LOL!! ahem* hehehe but thanks for all that info. It's all pretty fascinating. But what's the clientèle that go to host clubs like? That's another part that interests me.

Eh depends I guess... I always got weird stares because I am foreign, and sometimes if I was sat close to another customer she would make comments about me to her host (not bad comments, more so like "she is cute, etc.) some have spoken to me or asked me to join in drinking games with them. Some on the other hand are complete b----es like they honestly think that they are princesses. The REALLY drunk ones are always amusing, though they tend to end up falling asleep a lot...

Guest taehyunjin

Decided to post some pictures... :sweatingbullets:

Please DO NOT take these out of there and post them elsewhere, etc.

The owner of ARAKURE and I in a foreign bar

arak_01.jpg

I mentioned before that I was very good friends with the Daihyou (face of the club) of DEEP (Mikami Kakeru) as well as Ryuzaku Eren (now works at GENJI) . My friend was coming to visit me and had seen pictures of Eren and really wanted to meet him. So a month before her arrival I contacted Kakeru and informed him that it was her b-day etc. So he was like "Bring her by!" Lets just saying that "booking" the number 1 host, especially Eren is quite impossible since he is so busy, but he was with us the entire time, even bought a rose for my friend.

Eren, Boku Gyaru Otoko, Atsushi, Kakeru

dp_01.jpg

Eren

dp_02.jpg

dp_03.jpg

Eren & Atsushi

dp_04.jpg

Kakeru, Eren, and I

dp_05.jpg

Eren, Kakeru, and my friend

dp_07.jpg

Other friend with Eren at a foreign bar

dp_09.jpg

Takuya

dp_10.jpg

Ren, Takuya, Suzaku

dp_11.jpg

Other friends b-day. Her request was to be surrounded by hot Japanese boys, so I hooked her up. Free champagne too!

dp_12.jpg

Suzaku & Takuya

dp_13.jpg

dp_14.jpg

Rikki & Ren

dp_15.jpg

Rin covering his *goods*

dp_16.jpg

Suzaku & I

dp_17.jpg

Suzaku and I wandering around Dotonbori (he is wearing my glasses...)

dp_18.jpg

RENKA boys Takuro & Ginya (bf/ex-bf??? confusing situation now)

ren_01.jpg

Ginya & Takuro

ren_02.jpg

At RENKA, my co-worker is really good friends with the owner so he wanted to go there for his birthday. We were there for hours and were served so much champagne all for free.

Ginya

ren_03.jpg

co-worker

ren_04.jpg

A drawing that Suzaku (DEEP) and I did of Ryuzaki Eren... lol

DVC00022.jpg

Rin, Suzaku, and Hiro on Halloween

DVC00035.jpg

Onitsuka Yoshiki, owner of RENKA and ANTI. He has a band and frequently does live performances at livehouses around Osaka.

DVC00047.jpg

Towa (from ANTI) at his other job, bartending.

DVC00048.jpg

Teru & Ginya on Halloween

DVC00052.jpg

Archived