Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest suejinners

^ those articles are just about how Jeon Ji Hyun got picked #1 on which female actor would look best with Wentworth miller!

Guest jhing

Thanks suejinners! It would have been sweet if they did a cf together for bean pole or something. lol

Anyways, Koreans sure know how to pick the best gal for the best guy. :lol:

Guest monoceros

im so sad... jjh seems to be losing popularity due to her absence on the small/big screen... in the recent chinese poll on everlasting korean stars, she wasn't even on the list... =(

That made me really sad.

I really hope she comes back soon..

Guest kyosho

im so sad... jjh seems to be losing popularity due to her absence on the small/big screen... in the recent chinese poll on everlasting korean stars, she wasn't even on the list... =(

That made me really sad.

I really hope she comes back soon..

It seems like there's a new poll every single day in Asia. I know over there the entertainment industry is pretty big, but it's getting ridiculous. Plus, alot of these polls taken are random and basically have no merit in them. Who's to say a few hundred, if thousand, people that vote count for the majority of the world.

My point is, I wouldn't worry too much. Rumor has it after Blood, she has another movie lined up for her. If she does well, there will be a slew of opportunities internationally and globally.

Guest jicks

^ Kudos to that statement, I'm on board, such polls have become meaningless.

Ji Hyun has been keeping it low key to concentrate on succeeding in Hollywood. I think it takes alot of hard work transitioning from an Asian to a American market particularly when English isn't your first language but hopefully her hard work will pay off upon the release of her debut Hollywood film. We should all support her!!

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

suejinners - Thanks for the translation.

jhing - Thanks for the news.

I still believe there are lots of ppl who support Ji Hyun. Polls are not my basis when it comes to those things as long as there's JJH I'll always support her. :rolleyes: I also hope her movie will do well.

Guest orphannies

I think JJH's fans a pretty loyal. They're quiet when she's quiet (i.e. no movies out, ect). But when she does have a movie, they come out from "slumber" :) You really can't rely on polls to determine someone's popularity. She's still in demand whether it be CF's or movies. Remember, they come to her offering roles and SHE gets to choose which ones she wants to be in. So that in itself says alot about her. She doesn't need to be in every tv show for people to remember her.

many thanks to suejinners for the translation! :)

Guest jhing

Am definitely one of those loyal fans orphannies chingu. lol

Am not worried at all about JJH's "popularity" coz as far as am concerned she remains to be one of thee most adored and sought after actresses of her generation.

Guest orphannies

Am definitely one of those loyal fans orphannies chingu. lol

Am not worried at all about JJH's "popularity" coz as far as am concerned she remains to be one of thee most adored and sought after actresses of her generation.

true that chingu! I certainly one of her loyal fans. :D I really dont think there's a need to worry about her popularity....

thank you for all the pix! makes me wanna go watch Daisy again...

Guest jhing

true that chingu! I certainly one of her loyal fans. :D I really dont think there's a need to worry about her popularity....

thank you for all the pix! makes me wanna go watch Daisy again...

You're welcome for the pix chingu. Actually, I've got more to share. They're old pics but ones I haven't seen before. I'll try to post them up this weekend. :D

For now, here's some news on our sassy girl. :D

초미니 전지현, 매끈한 각선미로 '발랄 유혹'

[리뷰스타] 2007년 04월 13일(금) 오전 11:05

jjhcfjo4.jpg

(리뷰스타 박미영 기자) 최근 그네 각선미로 화제를 모은 바 있는 ‘CF 퀸’ 전지현이 매끈한 각선미를 선보이며 발랄함을 선사했다.

현재 온라인 포털 사이트 야후, 엠파스, 네이버 등에는 전지현의 새로운 '17茶' 화보가 높은 조회 수를 기록하며 인기 사진으로 게재되고 있다.

특히 얼마 전 한 휴대폰 CF에서 아찔하게 상의를 벗어젖히며 섹시한 매력을 선보였던 전지현은, 이번 화보 속에서 긴 생머리와 발랄한 미니스커트로 청순하면서도 깜찍한 매력을 돋보이게 하고 있는 것. 화보를 접한 네티즌들은 '카멜레온 같은 변신에 놀랍다',' 다이어트 욕구를 불러일으키는 이기적인 각선미의 소유자'라는 등의 반응을 보이며 운동의 재기를 다지고 있다.

한편, 전지현은 광고 외에도 할리우드 데뷔작 '블러드 더 라스트 뱀파이어'에서 극 중 뱀파이어 헌터 '사야'역을 맡아 촬영에 구슬땀을 흘리고 있다.

박미영 기자/www.reviewstar.net

신선한 뉴스 리뷰스타 ┃무단전재 및 재배포 금지

-------

'전지현 발음은 어떻게?' 해외네티즌 설왕설래

[스타뉴스] 2007년 04월 13일(금) 오후 12:48

[머니투데이 스타뉴스 김현록 기자]

jjhcf2rs5.jpg

배우 전지현. ⓒ머니투데이 스타뉴스

'전지현은 어떻게 발음하나요?'

톱스타 전지현을 영어로 어떻게 발음하느냐를 두고 해외 팬들끼리 문답이 이어지고 있다.

세계 최대 영화사이트 IMDB에서 최근 전지현(Jun Ji-Hyun)의 이름을 두고 해외 네티즌들의 문의와 댓글이 잇따랐다. 영어로는 다소 발음이 어려운 이름 탓이다.

과연 어떻게 발음해야 하느냐는 질문에서 시작해 친절한 비교 설명까지 오간 게시판은 '블러드 더 라스트 뱀파이어'로 할리우드 진출을 눈앞에 둔 전지현에 대한 기대와 관심을 대변하고 있다.

한편 전지현은 할리우드 진출을 앞두고 지아나 전(Gianna Jun)이란 영어 이름을 새로 지었다. 지현과 비슷하면서도 발음하기 쉽고 기억하기 좋다는 이유다.

전지현은 '블러드 더 라스트 뱀파이어' 외에도 주연작 '시월애'와 '엽기적인 그녀'가 '레이크 하우스', '마이 새시 걸'로 연이어 할리우드에서 리메이크되는 등 해외에서 높은 관심을 받고 있다.

모바일로 보는 스타뉴스 "342 누르고 NATE/magicⓝ/ez-i"

머니투데이가 만드는 리얼타임 연예뉴스

제보 및 보도자료 star@mtstarnews.com<저작권자 ⓒ 머니투데이 스타뉴스>

김현록(기자) roky@mtstarnews.com

source: Yahoo Korea

Guest suejinners

The first article is just about her new photos for 17 tea are grabbing peoples attentions.

they are amazed by her chameleon like abilites to change from sexy from her last cf to cute and pretty.

and blah blah. useless talk

seond one is about how and why she changed her name! which people talked about in here already! ^^

t1ln8.jpg

^PRETTY!

newsenphoto2jl5yz7.jpg

t2ck2.jpg

35053652gi7.jpg

a1cs4.jpg

i like her outfit

you can watch the CF here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TagNo8zdbA4

Guest orphannies

jhing:thanks for the article chingu! Gosh she's got some long LEGS! I'm so jealous!

many thanks again for the translation suejinners :) She's so pretty in those photos! :wub:

Guest kkam jjak

whoooooo haven't been in this thread in a long time.... shame on me

omg you guys.. thanks for the pics!!!! she looks so innocent yet sexy at the same time

anyway... about her new name.. i guess it makes sense to use gianna instead of jihyun... i think a lot of american celebrity reporters wouldn't be able to pronounce it the same way anyway lol

hmm... i hope she's doing fine working with an american cast and crew... ack i can't wait until her new movie is finished

Guest jhing

You're welcome for the articles jicks and orphannies!

suejinners! - thanks for the article translations and 17tea pix!

angel chingu! Thank you for the lovely icons and pix! Am just loving her new 17tea ad. She looks raaawr in all those pix. :lol:

kkam jjak - welcome back. :D we hope to see more of you here.