Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

EVENT: Choose which k-drama characters would win in a street fight and win prizes!

Mortal_Combat.jpg

What would happen if you pitted Joo Won from Secret Garden against Ahn Yo Na from Kill Me, Heal Me? Who of them would win a street fight using power, strategical skills and/or verbal skills?

Now is your chance to win prizes by voting in our polls where k-drama characters battle each other out for glory and fame.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth

• 1 year later...

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/jun-ji-hyun-gang-dong-won-team-upcoming-spy-k-drama/
Jun Ji Hyun And Gang Dong Won To Team Up For Upcoming Spy K-Drama

This would be Gang Dong Won’s first K-Drama in 20 years.

By Ron Kim

IMG_2889.jpg

Jun Ji Hyun and Gang Dong Won will be teaming up for an upcoming spy-themed K-Drama.

According to an exclusive report from Sports Chosun, Jun Ji Hyun and Gang Dong Won have been cast as the lead roles in upcoming K-Drama Polaris. The pair are currently in discussions for the role and insiders have stated that they are both likely to accept the roles offered to them.

Polaris is a K-Drama that tells the story of spies who have lost their identity and are trying to find themselves again. Polaris is written by Jeong Seo Kyung, who recently had breakthrough success with K-Dramas Little Women and Mother. The main director, Kim Hee Won, also worked on Little Women and has also had success with Money Flower and Vincenzo.

Entertainment industry officials are already excited for Polaris due to the casting of Jun Ji Hyun and Gang Dong Won, who have both achieved endless success through their works. It has been noted that Polaris would be Gang Dong Won’s first K-Drama since 2004, when he appeared in the K-Drama Magic. Since then, he has only appeared in movies.

Polaris will begin filming once the casting is finalized. Currently, the broadcast method has not yet been decided.

Source: Sports Chosun 

https://www.pannchoa.com/2023/03/theqoo-all-time-collab-jun-ji-hyun-kang.html
[theqoo] 'ALL TIME COLLAB' JUN JI HYUN & KANG DONG WON, AND JEONG SEO KYUNG & KIM HEE WON... MEET FOR 'POLARIS'

by pannchoa | March 27, 2023

IMG_2888.jpg

original post: here 

1. Wow you're telling me that Kang Dong Won will act in a drama?

2. Ah so this is the writer of Little Women? Kang Dong Won, it's been so long ㅠㅠㅠ Both of the casts are daebak

3. Kang Tuna, finally a dramaㅠㅠ

4. Unnie ㅠㅠㅠ

5. I don't wanna anticipate too much and be disappintedㅠㅠ please, let's go for a daebak ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. Crazy, crazy, crazy. Kang Dong Won is acting in a drama!!!!!

7. Crazy, I clicked in looking at the actors but they have Jeong Seo Kyung and Kim Hee Won on top of this?? I'm already excited...

8. Wow I like this so much. Kang Dong Won in a drama?ㅠㅠ

9. Wow crazy. are they crazy??????? Seriously, this is a pairing of my dreams... and what's more is that it's a melo drama... crazy

10. Wow Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won... finallyㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

——

https://www.soompi.com/article/1575649wpp/jun-ji-hyun-and-kang-dong-won-in-talks-for-new-romance-drama-by-little-women-creators
Jun Ji Hyun And Kang Dong Won In Talks For New Romance Drama By “Little Women” Creators

by D. Kim | Mar 27, 2023

IMG_2893.jpg

Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won may be uniting for a new drama!

On March 28, an industry representative reported that the two stars will be starring in the new drama “Polaris” (working title).

In response to the report, a source from Jun Ji Hyun’s agency IEUM HASHTAG commented, “Jun Ji Hyun was offered a role in the drama ‘Polaris’ and is positively reviewing [the offer].” A representative of Kang Dong Won also responded, “It is one of several projects he has been offered.”

“Polaris” is a new spy romance drama and tells the stories of spies who work to find their true selves. The drama will be created by screenwriter Jung Seo Kyung and director Kim Hee Won, who previously worked together on “Little Women.” Jung Seo Kyung has also worked on hits including “The Handmaiden,” “Mother,” and “Decision to Leave,” while Kim Hee Won has led productions such as “The Crowned Clown,” “Crash Landing on You,” “Vincenzo,” and more.

As Kang Dong Won has mostly appeared in films, this will be his fourth drama ever and his first drama in nearly 20 years since “Magic” in 2004 if he accepts the offer. Jun Ji Hyun has starred in dramas more frequently, receiving love for her roles in “My Love From the Star,” “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” “Jirisan,” and more.

“Polaris” is set to begin filming once casting is complete.

Source (1) (2) (3)

https://kbizoom.com/the-best-combination-ever-jun-ji-hyun-and-kang-dong-won-reportedly-meet-in-a-spy-melodrama/
“The best combination ever”…Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won reportedly meet in a spy melodrama

By dhan | March 28, 2023

IMG_2944.jpg

Actors Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won are expected to meet in one work.

On March 28th, Sports Chosun reported the interview with an entertainment official saying, “Jun Ji Hyun  and Kang Dong Won are expected to meet in the new drama ‘Polaris (working title)’. They are likely to appear.”

“Polaris” is written by Jung Seo Kyung, who wrote scripts such as the movie “Decision to Leave” and tvN’s “Little Women”. It is known that director Kim Hee Won of tvN’s “Vincenzo” is in charge of directing.  Writer Jung Seo Kyung and director Kim Hee Won already worked together through tvN’s “Little Women” last year, raising expectations.

“Polaris” is a spy melodrama that tells the story of spies who work to find their true selves.  Everyone cheered when news spread that Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won are likely to appear in this work.   This is because top actors gathered in one place.

Jun Ji Hyun has solidified her position by appearing in big dramas such as SBS’ “My Love from the Star”, “The Legend of the Blue Sea” and Netflix’s “Kingdom”.  She has also maintained the title “top actress” for decades by showing outstanding performances in films such as “The Thieves”, “The Berlin File” and “Assassination”.

On the other hand, Kang Dong Won presented great performances in movies “Kundo: Age of the Rampant”, “Jeon Woo-chi: The Taoist Wizard” and “The Priests”, but he did not show his face on the small screen for a long time.  If Kang Dong Won appears in “Polaris”, he will meet viewers through TV for the first time in about 20 years since MBC’s “Something About 1%” and “Country Princess”, which aired in 2003.

Upon hearing the news, netizens expressed high expectations, “This is a combination that is bound to succeed” and “I can finally see this combination.”

Source: insight 

Mother-in-law's reaction to Jun Ji-hyun filming "spy romance drama " with Gang Dong-won

By Una lee (dipe) | 03/29/2023 07:11 ET

Actor Jun Ji-hyun is considering appearing in a drama for the first time in two years.  Although it is not in the final stage yet, it is said that it is conducting a positive review, raising expectations.

Gang Dong-won is mentioned as the opposite actor. Expectations are rising on the news that the two will meet in the spy romance drama.  Among them, designer Lee Jung-woo, well-known as Jun Ji-hyun's mother-in-law, posted a related post on social media.  After attaching a capture photo on Instagram story on the 29th, she said, "My favorite combination. Finally." 

IMG_29139083a98a4c2e9c0f.jpg

Designer Lee has expressed her affection for her daughter-in-law Jun Ji-hyun several times. In 2021, she actively promoted Netflix's "Kingdom 3" starring Jun Ji-hyun.  Meanwhile, ‘Polaris(working title)’, in which Jun Ji-hyun and Gang Dong-won were offered to appear, is a new work by Chung Seo-kyung. It will be directed by Kim Hee-won.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1007137157
[SBS Star] Jun Ji Hyun Says, "I Couldn't Focus with Gang Dong Won Around"; They Are in Talks for Drama Now

By Lee Narin  | 2023.03.31 16:58

IMG_2909.jpg

Thousands of K-drama fans are breathlessly anticipating the day they watch actress Jun Ji Hyun and actor Gang Dong Won's upcoming drama together.  

A few days ago, it was reported that Jun Ji Hyun was confirmed to join a drama 'The North Star' (working title) as the lead.   Following the release of this report, Jun Ji Hyun's agency commented, "While it is true that Jun Ji Hyun was offered a role in 'The North Star', it is undecided whether she will star in the drama yet. We are still reviewing the offer with her. But it is quite likely that she will join it."  

'The North Star' is a reunion between writer Jeong Seo-kyeong and director Kim Hee-won of last year's drama 'Little Women', and is an espionage melodrama depicting the story of spies, who are trying to recover their lost identity. 

What was also revealed on this day was that Gang Dong Won was going to lead 'The North Star' alongside Jun Ji Hyun, which raised public expectation to an impossible pitch.  In the midst of all this hype, Jun Ji Hyun's past remark about Gang Dong Won's appearance became the talk of the Internet.  

Previously in April 2016, when Jun Ji Hyun appeared on MBC's television show 'Section TV', she told some fun behind-the-scenes stories that occurred on site of her movie 'Assassination'.   During that time, Jun Ji-hyun indulged in reminiscence of the time when she was shooting the scene where she confronted a Japanese soldier.   She gave details of the moment, "When I was shooting that particular scene, I couldn't pay attention to my acting. It was because of Gang Dong Won.", she laughed and carried on, "It was an important scene. But with him around, I wasn't able to concentrate at all. He was pretty much the only thing on my mind then."  

Later that year, Jun Ji Hyun once again expressed her immense love for Gang Dong Won; although it was as a character in a drama this time.  At the end of 2016, Jun Ji Hyun played in 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' with actor Lee Minho ('Heo Jun-jae') as 'Shim Chung'―the last mermaid on the planet who followed 'Heo Jun-jae' all the way to Seoul after spotting him in Spain and instantly falling in love with him.  In 'The Legend of the Blue Sea', Jun Ji Hyun was seen watching a 2015 movie 'The Priests', featuring Gang Dong Won, on a laptop next to Lee Minho.  When Gang Dong Won came out, Jun Ji Hyun went fanatical, and vigorously shook the laptop up and down to get Gang Dong Won out of the laptop.  

Spoiler

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

Ever since the news was released, the whole K-drama fandom has been dying to see the two stars in one frame.  

(Credit= SBS Entertainment News/Baik Seung-chul, SBS The Legend of the Blue Sea)  
(SBS Star) 

https://kbizoom.com/are-these-combinations-for-real-combinations-of-actors-who-show-perfect-chemistry-with-their-visuals-alone/
Actor combinations who show “perfect chemistry” with their visuals alone

By dhan | March 31, 2023

New K-dramas this year draws huge attention as the combinations of actors, who were only seen in virtual casting have become reality.

Even before the dramas were released, viewers are paying attention to the combinations of actors who show “perfect chemistry” with their visuals alone. Netizens cheered with reactions such as “Is this casting for real?”, and “I’m happy to have more things to see”…

Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won, a combination that Jun Ji Hyun’s mother-in-law also expects?

IMG_2943.jpg

Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won  are expected to appear in the new work “Polaris (working title)” by writer Jung Seo Kyung, who wrote the movie “Decision to Leave” and tvN’s “Little Women”, and PD Kim Hee Won, who directed tvN’s “Vincenzo”. “Polaris” is a spy melodrama that tells the story of spies who work to find their true selves.

It is no exaggeration to say that the meeting between the two is the hottest news in the drama industry recently. Jun Ji Hyun and Kang Dong Won, who have been active separately, have never worked together in one work yet. In addition, since this is Kang Dong Won’s first appearance in a drama, 20 years after the 2004 series “Magic”, audiences cannot help but pay keen interest.

Jun Ji Hyun’s mother-in-law, designer Lee Jung Woo, also welcomed the news of this casting lineup. In particular, designer Lee Jung Woo recently shared on Instagram a screenshot of a media article titled “The birth of the greatest combination, Jun Ji Hyun X Kang Dong Won, meet in a spy melodrama”. Designer Lee Jung Woo also attached a sticker of a child gasping and could not control her joy by writing the caption “My favorite combination! Finally”.

Source: naver 

• partyon changed the title to Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris