Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

February 26, 2014
Korean drama fans love ‘My Love From the Star’
By Jin Eun-soo INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

26192556.jpg
The SBS drama series “My Love From the Star” was picked as Korea’s most preferred program, according to a poll conducted by Gallup Korea on Tuesday.

The four-day poll asked 1,218 people over the age of 19 to choose their favorite TV program. “My Love From the Star” was ranked No. 1 with 11.5 percent of the votes.
The result comes as a surprise because MBC’s variety program “Infinite Challenge” has held the top spot for the last 11 months. Now, it has stumbled to second place with 10.3 percent of the votes.
In third place was KBS2’s drama series “Wang’s Family,” earning 9.3 percent, followed by MBC’s drama “Empress Ki” (8.6 percent) and “Dad, Where Are You Going?” (3.8 percent).

February 28, 2014
Finale ‘You from the Star’ broke its own record with happy ending, rating 28.1%
Source: Innolife Korea
8778_1.jpg
‘You from the Star’ had a meaningful ending breaking its own record.
According to Nielsen Korea on February 28, SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama broadcast on February 27 rated 28.1% of viewer’s rating. It is 2.1% point higher than its previous episode. ‘You from the Star’ had a happy ending as well. On this day’s broadcasting, Do Min-Joon (played by Kim Soo-Hyeon) came back to the earth to find Cheon Song-Yi (played by Jeon Ji-Hyeon). When Do Min-Joon suddenly disappeared, Cheon Song-Yi kept crying and saw things as she missed Do Min-Joon so much. Do Min-Joon tries hard to stay on the earth longer, and they live happy moments. Meanwhile, as the next drama of ‘You from the Star’, there will be ‘3 Days’ casting Park Yoo-Cheon and Son Hyeon-Joo. [Photo=SBS].

February 28, 2014

Kim SuHyun - Jeon JiHyun "I wish that 'Love from the star' would last long in the hearts of the viewers" Source: Innolife Korea
8779_1.jpg
Kim Su-Hyun - Jeon Ji-Hyun from 'Love from the star' expressed their feelings about the end of broadcast.
Kim Su-Hyun and Jeon Ji-Hyun conveyed their feelings of regret toward the end of broadcast, through HB Entertainment, the producing company of SBS Wed-Thu drama 'Love from the star'.
Jeon Ji-Hyun, who had returned to the drama in 14 years and gained success, said "since the drama was the work that I've not done in long time, there were lots of concerns, but as 'Love from the star' received full of admiration from the viewers beyond imagination and attained big accomplishment, I have been happy. As I lived 5 months as Chun Song-Yi, the fact that I shared happiness and sadness with the viewers, was the biggest significance and happiness as an actress."
She continued, "I am really grateful to the producing team and the viewers. I wish that 'Love from the star' and Chun Song-Yi - Do Min-Joon couple would last long in your hearts", and revealed affection.
Kim Su-Hyun, who has proved once more himself as the top actor through the role of Do Min-Joon, said "thanks to the interest and support from many people, we could finish our work in joyful spirit till the last shooting. We have received such a big admiration during time I lived as Do Min-Joon. The last three months of Min-Joon staying in the Earth, and the time in the future, every moment of these times, will be left as the fantastic memories."
Meanwhile, after 'Love from the star', 'Three days', starring Park Yoo-Chun and Son Hyun-Ju as the leading actors, is to be broadcast. 

March 1, 2014
Jun Ji Hyun & Kim Soo Hyun leave a comment after finishing 'My Love from the Star'

Source: STARN News
20140228130111_53100a07e60bb_1.jpg
Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun left a comment after finishing 'My Love from the Star'.

On February 27th, director Jang Tae You, and the two heroins, Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun, left a comment after finishing 'My Love from the Star'.
Director Jang Tae You, who led the entire drama smoothly, said, "'My Love from the Star' had a unique blend of romance comedy and romance genres. I'd like to express special thanks to writer Park Ji Eun, Jun Ji Hyun, Kim Soo Hyun, and all of the other actors."
The director went on, "Min Jun(Kim Soo Hyun) had a line that says, 'Nobody lives to die. They should live for every moments of their lives.' This one line includes the whole purpose of the drama. I wanted to make the viewers to realize the value of each moments of their lives. I always wanted to challenge in SF genres, and my wish came true through 'My Love from the Star'. I also found a potential of Korean SF style."
Jun Ji Hyun, who made the first drama casting in 14 years, said, "It's been many years since I casted in my last drama, so I was very worried about it. However, people showed some amazing reactions for 'My Love from the Star', and I feel so thankful for all the supports that they have showed for us. I'd like to express sincere thanks from the bottom of my heart."
She added, "I hope this drama would remain in your memory for a long time."
Kim Soo Hyun, who showed another major progress in his acting, said, "I could finish all of my shootings smoothly thanks to many people's warm encouragements and supports. I received an overwhelming love, and this drama will remain in my heart forever."
He added, "I'd also like to say thanks to the writer, the director, all of the other staffs, and all of the other actors, and I'll pay everything back with a better work next time."
Meanwhile, 'Three Days' will air as the sequel of 'My Love from the Star'.
/Reporting by Lim ju-hui en@starnnews.com

March 1, 2014
Behind cuts from Jun Ji Hyun's recent pictorial shooting unleashed
Source: STARN News 20140228110448_530feec08541e_1.jpg
Behind cuts from Jun Ji Hyun's recent pictorial shooting was revealed.

On February 28th, a global SPA brand released behind cuts from Jun Ji Hyun's recent advertisement pictorial shooting through their official website, SNS, and mobile application.
The images show Jun Ji Hyun showing perfect looks in different outfits of the brand. She is also showing a bright smile while getting ready for her shooting, and a great number of fans and Netizens are showing explosive reactions for her lovely looks.
It is said that she deeply impressed all of the staffs by participating in the shooting with a passionate attitude from the beginning to the end.
Meanwhile, the brand will be releasing behind cuts from Kang Dong Won's pictorial shooting as well.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

March 1, 2014
Behind scenes of 'My Love from the Star' revealed
Source: STARN News 20140301115543_53114c2f2020a_1.jpg
Behind scenes of 'My Love from the Star' were revealed.

On February 27th, the production team of SBS drama 'My Love from the Star' released behind stories of many great scenes.
First of all, the snowfield kiss scene from the 11th episode took place at a lakeside located in Gyeonggi Province. The shooting took two entire days, and on the first day, the staffs and actors had a bit of problem because of the snowfall.
The staffs had to shovel a great amount of the snow for a smoother scene, and a representative said, "The staffs had a hard time while dealing with the snow, but the scene turned out beautiful."
The representative also said, "CG team had to do a lot of work for the scene, but we are very proud of the final product. We think it was one of the best kiss scenes ever."
The scene where Do Min Jun shows a supernatural power of stopping time was shot with 60 small cameras, and the staffs applied 'time slide' technology.
It is said that the scene also took a lot of CG technologies, and it made Do Min Jun and Chun Song Yi's romance even more dramatic.
In addition, the awards scene was taken in a very short time without a blue screen. Director Jang Tae Yoo said, "The time stop scene took a lot of time to trim, but the awards scene of the last episode was taken quite easily."
Meanwhile, the last episode of 'My Love from the Star' aired on February 27th.
/Reporting by Lim ju-hui en@starnnews.com

Guest agie1430292211

I'm kinda sad that Jeon Ji hyun's acting skill isn't much praised as KSH's. I think they both have the same effort to portray their characters in MLFTS. Probably its because KSH has a lot more public display than JJH? Nonetheless, i hope this drama won't be their last work together, i think they are very comfortable to each other, thats why they have such great chemi together on-screen. I'm gonna miss CheonDo couple!

agie said:
I'm kinda sad that Jeon Ji hyun's acting skill isn't much praised as KSH's. I think they both have the same effort to portray their characters in MLFTS. Probably its because KSH has a lot more public display than JJH? Nonetheless, i hope this drama won't be their last work together, i think they are very comfortable to each other, thats why they have such great chemi together on-screen. I'm gonna miss CheonDo couple!

Guest CaroleL1430293378

i agree with @agie and @michellismyname, YWCFTS will not be so good if wasnt JJH potraying CSY. She did the comedy part so good that makes us laugh and the heart wrenching part brilliant that makes us cry with her as well.. I'm rewatching the drama now and JJH performance really good, hope she will get awardS for her role :-) 

CaroleL said: i agree with @agie and @michellismyname, YWCFTS will not be so good if wasnt JJH potraying CSY. She did the comedy part so good that makes us laugh and the heart wrenching part brilliant that makes us cry with her as well.. I'm rewatching the drama now and JJH performance really good, hope she will get awardS for her role :-) 

Guest agie1430292211

michellismyname said: CaroleL said: i agree with @agie and @michellismyname, YWCFTS will not be so good if wasnt JJH potraying CSY. She did the comedy part so good that makes us laugh and the heart wrenching part brilliant that makes us cry with her as well.. I'm rewatching the drama now and JJH performance really good, hope she will get awardS for her role :-) 

agie said: michellismyname said: CaroleL said: i agree with @agie and @michellismyname, YWCFTS will not be so good if wasnt JJH potraying CSY. She did the comedy part so good that makes us laugh and the heart wrenching part brilliant that makes us cry with her as well.. I'm rewatching the drama now and JJH performance really good, hope she will get awardS for her role :-) 

I was very vocal in the YWCFTS thread about her acting - her comic performance was the real reason I stuck it out, besides the chemistry with KSH. The Drama was pure nonsense, but I just loved how much fun JJH had playing an OTT version of herself, and  I lost count of the number of times she totally cracked me up. People who weren't fans of the Drama also frequently commented on the her performance as one of the few real strengths of the Drama.