Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest agie1430292211

Dears,
I just hope this thread is going to be more active as to show the love for our national goddess! And if there arent such thing as JJH intl fanbase (i found one that is korean based (daum)), maybe we can start here!
sigh..i really really have to learn korean.

PS: Oh yes, for those who wanted to watch JJH's old dramas and films, i suggest Happy Together, though i haven't finish watching it, but i was interested because many fans said that the ending was good.

Guest queeniet

agie said:
I'm kinda sad that Jeon Ji hyun's acting skill isn't much praised as KSH's. I think they both have the same effort to portray their characters in MLFTS. Probably its because KSH has a lot more public display than JJH? Nonetheless, i hope this drama won't be their last work together, i think they are very comfortable to each other, thats why they have such great chemi together on-screen. I'm gonna miss CheonDo couple!

Guest ilikemangoss

Actually, I think JJH is getting a good share of popularity herself. It is true that in south korea, many people fixate on the male actors due to the target audience. Not only that, but there seems to be more of a fixate on JJH's fashion and popularity than her actual acting ability, compared to the many articles you see of praises for KSH. But i disagree that in the YFAS thread it was all girls fangirling mainly over KSH. Yes, that is true to an extent, but i think MOST international fans praised jeon ji hyun to the nth degree. I think every drama with a hot young male will have their fair share of fangirling. That holds true for the actor's individual threads. I noticed much of the fangirling was over their chemistry than anything. I don't think that necessarily means JJH was undervalued in anyway. 
 Bloggers like dramabeans and koalasplayground -- if you read the comments 75% of it it is that JJH "steals the show". She really made a splash. Lots of girls fell in love with JJH and would turn lesbian for her. Yes, she is that good of an actress. I think it's a bit of an over generalization to say that only KSH was recognized. From my experience, i've read way more JJH praises than i have KSH(in regards to performance). You even hear people say "i watched this for KSH but then JJH stole my heart" or "JJH carried the show for me". Acting-wise, it is widely accepted that she was the stronger of the two. I just hope that she wins best actress award maybe even daesang in the year-end or upcoming awards because she deserved every bit of it.
I think she is more widely praised internationally than she is domestically. If there's one thing i learned coming out of YFAS, it's that she shot up to my top 3 favorite korean actresses, and i can say for many others too.

Guest agie1430292211

xilikemangos said: Actually, I think JJH is getting a good share of popularity herself. It is true that in south korea, many people fixate on the male actors due to the target audience. Not only that, but there seems to be more of a fixate on JJH's fashion and popularity than her actual acting ability, compared to the many articles you see of praises for KSH. But i disagree that in the YFAS thread it was all girls fangirling mainly over KSH. Yes, that is true to an extent, but i think MOST international fans praised jeon ji hyun to the nth degree. I think every drama with a hot young male will have their fair share of fangirling. That holds true for the actor's individual threads. I noticed much of the fangirling was over their chemistry than anything. I don't think that necessarily means JJH was undervalued in anyway. 
 Bloggers like dramabeans and koalasplayground -- if you read the comments 75% of it it is that JJH "steals the show". She really made a splash. Lots of girls fell in love with JJH and would turn lesbian for her. Yes, she is that good of an actress. I think it's a bit of an over generalization to say that only KSH was recognized. From my experience, i've read way more JJH praises than i have KSH(in regards to performance). You even hear people say "i watched this for KSH but then JJH stole my heart" or "JJH carried the show for me". Acting-wise, it is widely accepted that she was the stronger of the two. I just hope that she wins best actress award maybe even daesang in the year-end or upcoming awards because she deserved every bit of it.
I think she is more widely praised internationally than she is domestically. If there's one thing i learned coming out of YFAS, it's that she shot up to my top 3 favorite korean actresses, and i can say for many others too.

Guest ancientkitty

I am very happy with JJH's comeback. She's proven to be becoming better and better. Like fine wine you see. With her acting chops and experience, she's praised not only for her star power but also because of how she lets herself loose in every role that is given to her.
I fell in love at JJH back in 2005 and ever since then, she was one of the Kstars I admire most.
Not only that, JJH managed to keep her personal life "personal". In other words, she guards her reputation well, don't get involved with public spat or some sort. Stars should truly take after what she's doing. I am sure she's doing her best to avoid reading netizens comments about her lol. I mean, that should be her PA's and manager's job to check stuff about her right?

Guest fanysus

1393739329_661150.jpg
oh my he kinda looks like jang dong gun, no?

at first i didn't believe that was him because this was the only picture i've seen of him
pX42UC67.jpg
but i realized that it is him, he just is way younger in this pic lol. but the handsome boyish looks are still very much there :P

they're a REALLYYYY good looking couple. i hope though that paparazzis aren't always stalking him or something!

Guest fanysus

I hope she takes that assasins/assasination! i think she really shines most when she's in action movies, where she gets to be all badass and sexy. loved her in the thieves, and i was so impressed by how good she did all those action scenes in Blood. i don't think she even uses a double for those action scenes. i'm in awe every single time *__* no wonder a director gave her the nickname Action Jihyun

agie said:
michellismyname said: luv_ssh said:
Please vote for Jun Ji Hyun on this poll (vs Suzy who is leading)
http://mwave.interest.me/star/poll/result.m?poll_seq=266

Guest agie1430292211

is "Steal My Heart 내 마음을 뺏어봐" just an alternate title for "Happy Together"? :0 i wanna see her in that tooooo

@fanysus‌ - she did all the action without using double, here is the link for making of  blood:vampire 

--> she really look young as 16 year-old of Saya in this movie, eventhough at that time she was 28 year old--> and i love her English too
and Steal My Heart/Fascinate My Heart was broadcast on 1998, whereas Happy Together was on 1999. Here some clip of her during Steal My Heart, argghhh she was so cute and i love her voice , but why Jae Hee a bit diff here :-?
http://youtu.be/n0Lo7nvtOks

Guest saconan

huaa...

thank god I found this thread. I love jun ji hyun, she's talented and awesome...

i have watch berlin file, thieves,sassy

girl and YWCFTS and i love all...

I still remember the scene in sassy girl: she play piano(pachebelle canon) and cha tae yun(if i'm not mistaken) give rose...

and now I watch YWCFTS, and I'm totally fell in love!

i guess i will grow up my hair because of her(wkwkkwkwkwk)..

I am still curious her next project

Guest saconan

huaa...

thank god I found this thread. I love jun ji hyun, she's talented and awesome...

I still remember the scene in sassy girl: she play piano(pachebelle canon) and cha tae yun(if i'm not mistaken) give rose...

Guest saconan

huaa...

Guest GailJ

Hi All! I'm dedicating my 100th post to this thread! Been in love with the Nation's Goddess since year 2003 and still in love with her. <3

Welcome to Nation's Goddess thread @saconan!! :)Hello there! @GailJ! Congrats for your 100 posts hehe! Love your posts in YWCFTS thread >:D<and @luv_ssh, where did you get your profile pic? JJH looks gorgeous there!